Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Reborn as a Vending Machine, I Now Wander the Dungeon (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2023 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
A food contest? Well, this show pulls out more gimmicks but it was a fun episode when you realize they had to improvise after some trouble.

The episode was kinda cute, in particular for Lammis and her personality. This feels like a really chill episode, even compared to some the others.
Sep 6, 2023 7:25 AM

Feb 2021
5:56 "Oh, you have to eat it quickly, too!" Isn't this what makes this a contest in the first place tho?
Lol I wonder how that performance went in the LN
The first thing that popped into my head was giving food to people in need so this was nice (I just wish he gave them healthier food)
Sep 6, 2023 7:28 AM

Feb 2019
Lol wasn’t expecting a food eating contest but this was a pretty chill episode.

Shui and Lammis were eating everyone under the table. The introduction of coke to the world was also cool.

We get a new form from Boxxo, an onsen machine. I know a lot of his forms are based on real designs, not sure if that one is or not. But it was nice giving back to the orphanage. I can definitely see Shui taking it over some day.
Marinate1016Sep 6, 2023 7:35 AM
Sep 6, 2023 7:43 AM

Mar 2021
The Eating contest looked really fun and am glad we got some focus on Shui this episode she seems such a nice girl her cares deeply about the Director and the children of the Origin stratum
Sep 6, 2023 7:49 AM

Jun 2021
The eating contest made me hungry. Shui deserved the prize. She used Boxxo as a charity to those children in the form of foods and other things too.
Sep 6, 2023 7:51 AM
Sep 2021
Nice episode, Shui's got focus this time though. Good to see supporting characters get their needed development.
Sep 6, 2023 7:56 AM

Aug 2013
Boxxo improved in self defense.

Will the first strata get some lightning or something?
Sep 6, 2023 7:59 AM

Jan 2023
Pretty fun and sweet episode this week.
Boxxo got real good at defending itself haha.
Sep 6, 2023 8:19 AM
Jan 2023
Damn, I'm hungry after watching that eating contest. Not what I was expecting.

The Origin Stratum is pretty interesting. A massive cave basically. It's great how Boxxo fed everyone there too.

Boxxo nearly got himself kidnapped, until he attacked with the washing machine and barrier, pretty funny really.
Sep 6, 2023 9:03 AM

Dec 2020
Well they had a food contest and yeah it was shui who won it and got boxxo one day for herself.
Well boxxo has given the children fun and free drinks and food.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Sep 6, 2023 9:05 AM

Feb 2021
A relaxing episode :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Sep 6, 2023 9:40 AM

Dec 2022
Oh hey, there's the jukebox.

We sure saw a lot of Shui the archer girl here. I wasn't expecting any of the Menagerie characters to get development, so that's a pleasant surprise.
Also some really good world building with the Origin Stratum's role in the dungeon. It's the dungeon's entry point, and any adventurer who's strong enough to survive has already moved on to the other strata. The end result is a land stricken by poverty. Good on Shui, Lammis, and Boxxo for helping out those orphans.

The director must have sniped the hell out those criminal scums. Anyone who gets respect from the Bear is not someone to be messed with.
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
Sep 6, 2023 12:09 PM

Dec 2021
It seems that Shui is an orphan. I can't help but wonder if her insatiable appetite might be a result of psychological trauma from frequently experiencing hunger during her childhood.

Based on the preview for the next episode, it looks like Boxxo plans to gift the orphanage with a collection of intricate figurines inspired by Japanese mythology as a farewell gesture. This appears to be a fitting way to spark their imaginations, especially since they essentially live in a cave-like environment.

Sep 6, 2023 2:55 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The eating contest was goofy but a good time, I wasn’t sure why Boxxo would end up becoming a jukebox after seeing the preview for this episode but just to play fitting music during the eating contest makes sense, it’s too bad he didn’t play Surfin’ Bird or something tho lol. And Shui being the one to win the contest was nice to see, especially after seeing the 2nd half of the episode where she helped those unfortunate kids in the origin stratum.

And I gotta say, I wasn’t expecting Boxxo to scare those bandits away the way he did but it was definitely funny lol, the hot spring vending machine was also unexpected, makes me wonder if that’s actually a thing, knowing Japan it probably is tho lol. It was very nice getting some Shui focus today.
Sep 6, 2023 7:31 PM

Jun 2019
It's funny how earlier in the series I always believed Shui was an elven character. Not because anything related to that was ever stated as such, but I think it was just because in many fantasy series, wearing vibrant green, the color of the forest and nature, along with having white/silver/blonde/general light-colored hair usually denotes an elf character. Plus, archery.
Sep 6, 2023 8:08 PM

Feb 2019
i wasn't expecting Shui to end up the winner; i thought it would be one of the glutton team members 😁
Sep 6, 2023 10:11 PM
Jun 2022
Bandits: Who the hell are you supposed to be!?

Granny: I AM VENGEANCE
Sep 6, 2023 10:18 PM
Nov 2022
A somewhat relaxing episode, I liked the part about the eating contest but the most remarkable thing was the second part of the episode.

We got to know a little more about Shui; and in fact I find that very interesting, it seems that she was also an abandoned child in the first level.

On the other hand; I would like a little more world-building, now I'm very interested to see how the level and dungeon thing works.
Sep 7, 2023 1:36 AM
Oct 2019
Food content and Shui wholesome episode.
Sep 7, 2023 1:44 AM

Mar 2008
That seems dangerous having people consume soda in an eating contest as if massive amounts of food isnt an issue in itself you have gas bubbles trapped among it that could make it expand in the stomach

I feel like Boxxo is stupid for still not figuring out he can say more things as a jukebox through music and hasnt tried yet. Although difficult to pick the right songs and he probably is limited on what songs he plays.
Sep 7, 2023 10:50 AM

Mar 2010
I'm so surprised how fun this serie is. I look forward to every episode.

Nice backstory of shui. No wonder she loves eating when you are used to have nothing but scrams.

Just wondering but wasn't boxxo limited to certain amount of transformations? Cause he transformed a lot this episode.
Fun to see his new transformations however. And how he communicated with music. He can talk way more that way so wonder if we will see it more often.

And looked up if the hot spring vending machine exists and it really does lol might want to try one once im in Japan again
Sep 7, 2023 12:24 PM

May 2015
Reply to Gyarutsundere
I'm so surprised how fun this serie is. I look forward to every episode.

Nice backstory of shui. No wonder she loves eating when you are used to have nothing but scrams.

Just wondering but wasn't boxxo limited to certain amount of transformations? Cause he transformed a lot this episode.
Fun to see his new transformations however. And how he communicated with music. He can talk way more that way so wonder if we will see it more often.

And looked up if the hot spring vending machine exists and it really does lol might want to try one once im in Japan again
@Gyarutsundere His limit is 2 hours per day, not the amount of transformations, so it's all good. Maybe there's a limit for the amount too, but he hasn't discovered it yet.

Sep 7, 2023 1:11 PM

Mar 2010
Reply to Ten
@Gyarutsundere His limit is 2 hours per day, not the amount of transformations, so it's all good. Maybe there's a limit for the amount too, but he hasn't discovered it yet.

@Ten ah thanks that was it then, makes more sense :)
Sep 8, 2023 4:10 AM
Nov 2018
yeah it's not bad, dnskbskdbsvjcvsjcb
Sep 8, 2023 6:14 AM
Feb 2015
The biggest plot twist I enjoyed was the director getting aggravated and going off with bow and arrows, I wasn't expecting that at all 😂
Overall a fun episode :)
Sep 8, 2023 10:07 PM
Mar 2015
Boxxoo helps the winner of the eating contest
Sep 9, 2023 1:42 AM

Jul 2017
Woah, a food contest? The Chains Restaurant is not giving up their farce, and the Restaurant Union wants to take this a step further.

As to why Boxxo is there, it's because of the Band of Gluttons and Shui for their big stomachs, and for now, selling cola would help ramp up revenue needed for the contest. The bears lived up to their name and while Gocbuy cleared the first block, the second block has Shui and Lammis, though they easily clear the heats. Hah, that twist where the program started and ended altogether, that's a very good twist I was not expecting. Boxxo turning into a jukebox to provide BGM to add to the tensity, Shui makes this look so easy and easily beat the Band of Gluttons. The first prize was good indeed...using Boxxo for a day, the privilege.

A date to the Origin first stratum, it's a place the Shui frequents a lot, and turns out that place holds a makeshift orphanage for orphaned kids, it's a really nice gesture for once. Boxxo transforming into different types of vending machines, and the new one is an onsen generating machine that provides hot water. Everyone has to make it through the Origin stratum, thohough the abandoned are left back in the cave that will see no sun, that's bad. Some hunters came around looking for free stuff, and the orphanage caretaker director is so scary she goes to take care of them, then back with a strong conviction.

Well, with such a director, Shui is in good hands to take over the orphanage one day.
Sep 9, 2023 1:21 PM

May 2015
Really nice and wholesome episode. Its a shame theres only two episodes left of this cause its one of the most unique isekai that have come out. Hopefully it gets a season 2 since quite a lot of series these days are getting them.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 9, 2023 8:09 PM

May 2019
Although this anime was a weird but surprisingly entertaining isekai series up to this point, this was probably the most wholesome episode with that 2nd part, and it's nice to see some background with Shui and of the different strata. I almost felt heartbroken about those kids, but thankfully Hakkon was able to bring some smiles to them, and even one to me as well. And that caretaker though, she is not a force to be dealt with—considering she's a better archer than Director Bear—so how she was able to make the bandits "listen to reason" was pretty badass.

And for any one who is wondering, Sora News 24 did uncover an onsen vending machine, so it just goes to show the Japanese are insanely obsessed with vending machines.
Sep 10, 2023 12:11 PM

Jan 2011
Solid episode but docking points for him turning into a Jukebox. I am also happy to see more of him be clever than do what you typically expect in an Iseaki.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Sep 10, 2023 12:58 PM
Oct 2021
for some reason i love food in anime’s and this is no exception lmao
Sep 12, 2023 12:59 PM

Nov 2013
Didn't expect I would feel sad knowing this show ends in 2 episodes.
Sep 12, 2023 1:03 PM
Apr 2013
EP 10

Looks like we're going to yet another stratum next time, after spending so long in one boxo sure is going places now eh?
Sep 19, 2023 12:24 PM

May 2020
Is anyone even keeping count of those NUMEROUS transformations of Boxxo we've had seen so far? Lol, bet the figure is something in three digits after this episode.
Sep 21, 2023 1:26 AM

Jun 2020
Sweet and wholesome episode. Shui really needed and deserves some character some I’m glad that she got some. I wonder if Boxxo can also turn into an arcade machine 🤔 just a random thought

Sep 21, 2023 2:10 AM

May 2015
It makes sense these hunters are such big eaters. That supernatural strength has to be replenished from somewhere! Shui is such a sweetheart bringing Boxxo to that orphanage, It's also a bit of tragic worldbuilding with how those kids ended up there.
Oct 11, 2023 3:07 PM
Nov 2022
Who knew that an anime about a vending machine would be so exciting and interesting?
Oct 14, 2023 2:35 AM

Oct 2022
Sharing stuff with those kids and seeing them happy sure is heartwarming.

Oct 17, 2023 2:13 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Honestly, I was just expecting a punchline where Shui goes wild with ordering food or something, but taking Hakkon to the kids like that was really wholesome. I also like the little dialogue with Hakkon and Lammis where he wonders if he's just teaching the kids to take handouts but she tells him that he's made the kids smile, so pretty much don't worry about it.
A nice episode!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Nov 9, 2023 4:31 PM

Apr 2021
Food contest. That girl ate something that made me hungry, my mouth was watering.

That girl's attitude was great, she helped the children, they got to know new things. ^_^
Mar 7, 1:06 AM
Jun 2022
Kinda So So Episode , Turning Him In Human Form Might Be Interesting If They Decide To Do It.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jidou Hanbaiki ni Umarekawatta Ore wa Meikyuu wo Samayou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2023

97 by ST63LTH »»
May 4, 1:28 AM

Poll: » Jidou Hanbaiki ni Umarekawatta Ore wa Meikyuu wo Samayou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2023

55 by ST63LTH »»
May 3, 3:44 AM

Poll: » Jidou Hanbaiki ni Umarekawatta Ore wa Meikyuu wo Samayou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2023

87 by ST63LTH »»
May 2, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Jidou Hanbaiki ni Umarekawatta Ore wa Meikyuu wo Samayou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2023

51 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 7, 12:13 PM

Poll: » Jidou Hanbaiki ni Umarekawatta Ore wa Meikyuu wo Samayou Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2023

39 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 7, 12:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.