Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 11, 2023 12:06 PM
Sep 2016
Why do some have only kids in their favourite characters? Do they just like kids or just like these characters? This kind of creeps me out that so many on this site do this. Thank you

Pls delete this thread, I understand my mistakes. It was a genuine question when I was tipsy
RuskimeisterJul 16, 2023 2:45 AM
(-:
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jul 11, 2023 12:51 PM

Jan 2013
Since we're talking about literal cartoons, what does "kids" even mean in this context, canonical age, physical appearance, both? 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jul 11, 2023 12:53 PM

Jan 2021
Well I think Homura in my favourites because I really liked her character arc in Madoka Magica. But yeah, some people have kids in there favourites for different reasons. 
Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]
Jul 11, 2023 12:54 PM

Jun 2019
What does age have anything to do with it? Why would they be any more unworthy of being someone's favorite characters than any other characters of any other age? I don't see what age, sex, race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, or even species has to do with a character being a favorite of someone or not.  

I, for instance, just choose and have always chosen, my favorite characters based upon simple criteria like being those who I most respect and/or would want to hang out with.
Jul 11, 2023 12:56 PM

May 2019
All of my favs are grown adult women.
Jul 11, 2023 1:01 PM

Jan 2013
WatchTillTandava said:
What does age have anything to do with it? Why would they be any more unworthy of being someone's favorite characters than any other characters of any other age? I don't see what age, sex, race, ethnicity, religion, nationality, or even species has to do with a character being a favorite of someone or not.  

I, for instance, just choose and have always chosen, my favorite characters based upon simple criteria like being those who I most respect and/or would want to hang out with.
Aren't you kind of ignoring that they said "only kids" and that they're clearly trying to imply something by that, hence the "do they like kids" part. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jul 11, 2023 1:04 PM
Nov 2019
they say if you run into an asshole in the morning, well, you ran into an asshole (inspiring stuff) but if you run into assholes all day, maybe you're the asshole (asshole-seption)
based on those (probably) wise words, maybe you're the problem dude.

my faves are empty, but i'll tell you right now that most of my social media pfps are of killua (cuz he sorta looks like me in my older photos) got any problem with that?

as for the 'only kids' thing, i can point you to an account that exclusively watches teenage romcoms. would you have any reason to suspect them of anything other than exclusively liking teenage romcom?
Jul 11, 2023 1:08 PM

Jul 2021
I don't know how to break the bad news to you, but this is an anime forum; we're all pedophiles here.
Jul 11, 2023 1:09 PM

Apr 2015
Damn it, not another one of these weirdos making random accusations. 
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Jul 11, 2023 1:10 PM

Oct 2018
Some people like them young, that's it.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jul 11, 2023 1:10 PM

Feb 2020
What's wrong with liking kids though :o they're great
Jul 11, 2023 1:12 PM

Aug 2021
I know what you're implying, and remember, it's just fiction.
People have favorite characters because they like them, it's not because someone has Bondrewd or Dio in favorites that they will be a psychopath.

Jul 11, 2023 1:13 PM

Feb 2020
Here we go again part 13219042190321903129039102390125483859310963290523.

Jul 11, 2023 1:15 PM

Oct 2010
call me when people are complaining about having eren and light in favs, at least they are fun to talk to, the OP here is just lame
Jul 11, 2023 1:23 PM

Apr 2022
Tiosar said:
Why do you have animals and monsters in favs? Are you into bestiality, perhaps?

Wdym, that's obviously not the same thing haha

Jul 11, 2023 1:23 PM

Aug 2020
Appreaciating the writing and development of a kid is not creepy.

Jul 11, 2023 1:25 PM

Oct 2017
Sometimes child characters can be really well written and stand out well in a series. Or in some cases like Pokémon, the cast is mostly children ,so if Pokémon is your favorite show, a child character is highly likely to be one of your favorites.
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Jul 11, 2023 1:26 PM

Jul 2019
Kids tend to be cute and funny, I mean, just las season adorable little Komekko accidentally helped to summon a world ending demon that nearly caused the complete destruction of her entire village and death of all her friends and loved ones. I mean, how adorable is that?

No joke, it was the best scene in the series, and the one that got her added to my favs, lol

Jul 11, 2023 1:32 PM

Feb 2020
Well here's me confused, as the only character in my faves who would pass as a kid is a Dinosaur.
Jul 11, 2023 1:35 PM

Jun 2019
LostSpectre said:
WatchTillTandava said:

Aren't you kind of ignoring that they said "only kids" and that they're clearly trying to imply something by that, hence the "do they like kids" part. 
Oh, well I did get that impression that that was the type of thing they were insinuating, but I feel like it doesn't deserve any credence. It's a commonplace question I've also seen here numerous times of people asking why many assumed male users' forum avatars or favorite characters are all female. People can just like those characters for who they are, what they say, and what they represent. Some people decide first to judge and form an opinion on a character (or even a real life person) based on what they say and think or how they act, versus consideration of what group they belong to age-wise, sex-wise, or other.
Jul 11, 2023 11:52 PM

Mar 2020
It really depends on what you mean by kids. Like, under 13 or 13-17?

I assume you mean under 13, and the answer is probably that they're a lolicon or a shotacon. I also think it's weird but you have to accept it if you want to be in the anime community. At the end of the day I understand that fiction isn't the real world so I'm not gonna throw a fit but I do think it's strange.
In the end, all girls are like the rose bride
Jul 12, 2023 12:05 AM

Oct 2013
My favs didn't consist of only kids, but i do like kids. Am i supposed to hate kids or what?
Jul 12, 2023 12:12 AM

Sep 2018
Slightly less than half are kids in my favs

Misaka Mikoto - Badass level 5, but also juxtaposes well with being a tsundere.
Akari - Constantly cheerful and honest to a fault, couldn't help but respect it
Takagi - Really, it's both her and Nishikata and their dynamics, best "teasing" anime there is IMO
Ononoki - Iconic design, iconic pose, iconic quote, unnatural vibe, Monogatari peaks when she gets screen time (only half serious)
Rin Shima - Her whole vibe is pretty relatable

Rei Kiriyama - I'm just invested in his story and his well being lol
Natsume - Same with him, he's also like Akari, just a genuinely good guy.
Sui - Adorable slime, nothing else needs to said

I get what you're saying, but I don't see many profiles with just kids in their favs, if I'm being honest.
Jul 12, 2023 12:19 AM

Nov 2019
OP is the one to talk, with animals and anpan in his fav. Typical average anpan consumer. Nothing new here, moving on.
SgtBateManJul 12, 2023 12:27 AM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Jul 12, 2023 12:22 AM
危ないお兄さん

Nov 2016
Thrs nothing wrong kids, its more likely just ur feeling perhaps lolllll

Jul 12, 2023 5:03 AM

Jan 2009
gonna ask why loli characters and anime are allowed in MAL too
Jul 12, 2023 8:15 AM

Apr 2023
as long as they dont have Hanamaru Yōchien in favs ... O.O
Jul 12, 2023 8:18 AM

Sep 2018
Cunny is goated! Loli belly can make an anime great! 😭 uuoohh
But on a serious note, lolis can be great characters like Anya from Spy x Family.
Jul 12, 2023 8:29 AM
May 2020
Ruskimeister said:
Why do some have only kids in their favourite characters? Do they just like kids or just like these characters? This kind of creeps me out that so many on this site do this. Thank you
I like kids (ironically). Though to be fair, Renge is just based.
Jul 12, 2023 8:41 AM

Feb 2021
I think most of the top 50 favorite characters on MAL are under the age of 18
Jul 12, 2023 8:48 AM

Jul 2022
I have Minami Kana in my favourites. She is a middle schooler, meaning almost 4 years younger than I am, but she is literally me.
Jul 12, 2023 8:55 AM

Aug 2012
So, I've got 2 kids in my favourites (Yotsuba and Renge). Why? They're both wholesome and I really loved their interactions with others. Renge's Vietnam War PTSD expressions are hilarious even though she's a cheerful kid and Yotsuba's antics with her friends and family are one of the main draws to the manga. What also helps is that they're from SoL/iyashikei manga and anime. So, I like them as characters.

But yeah, I do see where you're coming from. Sadly, there would definitely be people out there who have favourites for... unsavoury purposes, but not all users are like that. Don't worry too much about it. ^^
Jul 12, 2023 10:01 AM

Jul 2022
I hate to break it to you, but Ruski, the target demographic for most anime is kids and teenagers. So, kids. You're born in 2002, which makes you 21 now. You aren't a kid any more, and the majority of anime characters are not going to be your age, but instead teenagers or children.

But I know what you mean and what you were actually referring to. You're talking about those people who prefer "smaller packages" and those people are gross. Not everyone who likes Madoka Magica or Made in Abyss falls into this category, but there are plenty who do. For every 10 people who enjoy Homura as a character and how well she was written, there will be that one person who likes Homura for the wrong reasons. Be careful with who you label as one of these people. Fortunately though, they usually label themselves here on this website so they're easier to avoid.
Jul 12, 2023 10:19 AM

Nov 2018
Ruskimeister said:

Projecting much?! You do realize not everyone looks at children in a sexual light?
Jul 12, 2023 10:28 AM

Dec 2018
I think the only character that would be considered a kid in my favorites is Hotaru Tomoe, but she can apparently change her physical age. Her arc was a pretty good arc and she's definitely a fan favorite of the Sailor Moon fanbase.
All of the others are pretty much adults though and I think Galaxia is probably thousands of years old since she's called the legendary Sailor Guardian in the 90s anime.

Jul 12, 2023 10:41 AM

Oct 2013
Maybe they just like cute characters? Just a thought. If you're implying that automatically means they like real kids then you might as well make that connection with other things as well. You have a lot of guys in your fsvorites, does that mean you're into guys?
Jul 12, 2023 10:43 AM

Jun 2023
A lot of popular anime star kids as main characters, that's not a total surprise or any cause for concern.

I spared your life on a whim, nothing more.
Jul 12, 2023 10:44 AM

Oct 2017
Ruskimeister said:
Lmao you know a lot of your fav chars in anime are just 14~16 minor highschool girls too no?
Stop being double standard and bother with other ppl's preference, you are as creepy too.
Jul 12, 2023 11:24 AM
Dec 2020
because cute and funny are better than hot and sexy 😭 😭
Jul 12, 2023 11:25 AM

Jul 2021
Only have 2 kids in my favs, but if they didn't explicitly spell it out for Violet, I just assumed she's short.
Jul 12, 2023 11:41 AM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Thread locked + cleaned

Anime Discussion Rules: 5. Please refrain from posting thread topics which extend beyond the discussion of anime/manga as an entertainment medium to highly-debated social and/or moral issues. This includes but is not limited to:

• gender/racial equality
  • sexual orientation, homophobia
  • sexual assault
    [*]pedophilia, lolicon/shotacon, incest, teenage-adult relationships

Unfortunately, these threads always devolve into the same final scenario: users are assigned into black/white categories where one side is "SJWs", the other side is "Nazis/rapists/etc", insults/abuse are being fired off from both sides, and trolls come in to feed the drama. Please choose more appropriate settings for these discussions than in a public forum on an entertainment website.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Would you watch AI anime?

solacez - 12 hours ago

27 by niknasr »»
1 minute ago

» What anime would you consider a Soft-Seinen?

removed-user - May 28

36 by FanofAction »»
7 minutes ago

» do you judge different animes differently ?

ame - Yesterday

31 by niknasr »»
8 minutes ago

» Does complexity made an anime better? And what is your favourite complex anime

niknasr - May 30

29 by NickIsaac »»
27 minutes ago

Poll: » r/Anime vs MyAnimelist. ( 1 2 )

Makoto_Yuri - Apr 21, 2022

87 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.