Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 11, 2022 10:58 AM

Sep 2020
What's your first reaction to this out of context scene? Now Imagine if Denji or the main character from Rent a girlfriend said this? Does your reaction stay the same?Everything changes when a cute girl does and says the degenerative stuff for once.

Arteta's Tricky Reds!

Dec 11, 2022 11:09 AM

May 2019
I think it's fine for anime characters if they want to be femdom'd or maledom'd there should be no double standards whatsoever, everyone deserves to be obedient and dominated equally be it male or female.
Dec 11, 2022 11:12 AM

Mar 2015
The difference is that Denji wants to be dominated by a hot dommy mommy, while the girl in your pic is probably form some shitty harem anime where the mc is a pathetic self insert beta loser.
Dec 11, 2022 11:23 AM
Jun 2016
Mirai said:
The difference is that Denji wants to be dominated by a hot dommy mommy, while the girl in your pic is probably form some shitty harem anime where the mc is a pathetic self insert beta loser.

She is in love with a girl classmate.
Dec 11, 2022 12:05 PM

Sep 2014
I am biased toward cute girls, that's it. I wouldn't call this a double standard since I'm totally indifferent to Kazuya or Denji. I feel like these characters are overhated, especially Kazuya which is just a common lambda guy. However, I found out that I relate a lot to Adachi Sakura, so I obviously like this situation very much and I wish I could be her.
Dec 11, 2022 12:25 PM
Jul 2022
I'm fine with this girl and Denji saying shit like this. On the other hand, I would have a few problems if it were the MC of rent a girlfriend for a number of reasons:

1. He is a beta
2. He is a loser
3. He is pathetic
4. He is worthless
5. He is an incel
6. He is a pussy
7. He is not funny
8. He is corny
9. He is corny as fuck
10. He is a beta and a cuck
11. He is annoying
12. He is corny as fuck
13. He is ugly as hell
14. He is ugly
15. He is cringe
16. All of the above
Dec 11, 2022 12:25 PM
Dec 2021
My first reaction.

(hack) *cOUgh* wUrgh” *blfjsme*blh* *q2sjdhwDnwiaw rectsjskkdsw) *pukes*
Dec 11, 2022 12:43 PM

Oct 2010
I have double standards but not in this case
Dec 11, 2022 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
I honestly don't know where that scene is from to have a better understanding of the situation. But I'm going to assume it's Adachi to Shimamura just based on the name "Shimamura." I honestly don't care since everyone has their fetishes and fantasies. But I do find it hypocritical how people want to criticize any male-oriented harems as objectifying women and male-pandering when female-oriented harems tend to have a bunch of pretty boys who could probably get any girl than the MC. And then it's somehow cute and acceptable for people to sexualize guys and put them in yaoi relationships.
removed-userDec 11, 2022 1:34 PM
Dec 11, 2022 12:53 PM

Jul 2016
That scene and dialogue didn't make much sense in context either tbh. But you are correct the girls were cute so it was all okay.
Dec 11, 2022 1:25 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Being hizuruu's or Maki zenin's pup would be the best..
Like how Koutarou Fuuma the 6th keeps Koutarou Fuuma the 5th as her slave pet, and forces him to act as a dog for her own amusement.

Dec 11, 2022 1:51 PM

Sep 2018
Yes, I'm ok with all of them. Generally speaking, it's not just a matter of morality: some anime seem better as a whole just because they have cute girls. Sometimes I happen to fall for it, some other times I don't.
Dec 11, 2022 1:55 PM

Mar 2018
Mirai said:

That basically couldn't be any further from the truth.
Dec 11, 2022 1:58 PM

Dec 2015
samsince04 said:
What's your first reaction to this out of context scene? Now Imagine if Denji or the main character from Rent a girlfriend said this? Does your reaction stay the same?Everything changes when a cute girl does and says the degenerative stuff for once.

Hmmm being pup of someone means idk a pet a slave? Idk I would say it feels like a typical Romance/Harem/Isekai anime. Imagine well I can't due to Aphantasia but if I would have to think about that hmmmm Denji is that wimp from CSM right [?} and that girl is from Rent a Girlfirend [?] than Idk what would have happened cause I haven't seen both of these titles. My reaction would be the same. But instead of a typical girl from Harem/Romance/Isekai anime like Origami from Date a Live it would be a Typical Guy from Harem/Isekai/Romance you thought you can expose on me double standards but such things ain't existing in Poland, check-mate!
Dec 11, 2022 4:05 PM

Nov 2019
Was the animu https://myanimelist.net/anime/39326/Kawaikereba_Hentai_demo_Suki_ni_Natte_Kuremasu_ka?q=hensuki&cat=anime in question well-received? Lol, this is double standard.

By the way, UR example is an obvious yuri bait that attracts people who are into that kind of stuffs, so when blood flows to one head, the other becomes irrelevant.
SgtBateManDec 11, 2022 4:22 PM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Dec 11, 2022 4:30 PM

Aug 2018
being nico robin's pup would be like the best
Dec 11, 2022 4:33 PM

May 2021
samsince04 said:

That specific thing out of context, honestly doesn't seem that bad, regardless of if it's said by a girl or guy

But the question you pose is exactly the right one, "does your reaction stay the same?", if the answer is "No" then you've got a problem
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Dec 11, 2022 5:26 PM

Jan 2013
Double standards are a normal part of being human, since males/females are fundamentally not the same.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Dec 11, 2022 5:28 PM
Feb 2022
Personally, I do not have a problem with it because it seems like it is meant to be funny, and if Denji or Kazuya said it, I would have a pretty similar reaction. However, there is a double standard because if Kazuya said the same thing people would lose their heads lol, but I that's just how it is really lol in regard to anime and manga and in life in general to an extent depending on where you live.
Dec 11, 2022 5:37 PM

May 2021
LostSpectre said:
Double standards are a normal part of being human, since males/females are fundamentally not the same.

You do realize "Double Standereds" literally means thinking something's ok for one person but not for another just because they're different, right? That doesn't make it normal or right
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
Dec 11, 2022 5:42 PM

Jan 2013
DigiCat said:
LostSpectre said:

You do realize "Double Standereds" literally means thinking something's ok for one person but not for another just because they're different, right? That doesn't make it normal or right
How is it not normal? We're fundamentally different, how could we possibly be treated identically? Society sure hasn't figured out the solution.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Dec 11, 2022 5:49 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Same thing, it's still so degenerate no matter who says that.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Dec 11, 2022 6:08 PM
Nov 2020
I find it weird that people bring up Kazuya when there's nothing in Rent A Girlfriend about fem dom or male dom. I can't think of any character in the show that would say this exact line. A better comparison would probably be MM.

Kdog1998 said:
However, there is a double standard because if Kazuya said the same thing people would lose their heads lol

For some reason anything he does will trigger the hell out of people. He's in a perpetual catch 22.
Dec 11, 2022 6:21 PM

Nov 2015
biphasique said:
I'm fine with this girl and Denji saying shit like this. On the other hand, I would have a few problems if it were the MC of rent a girlfriend for a number of reasons:

1. He is a beta
2. He is a loser
3. He is pathetic
4. He is worthless
5. He is an incel
6. He is a pussy
7. He is not funny
8. He is corny
9. He is corny as fuck
10. He is a beta and a cuck
11. He is annoying
12. He is corny as fuck
13. He is ugly as hell
14. He is ugly
15. He is cringe
16. All of the above

What a hater , Kazuya is one of the best MCs of all time , you should be able to relate to him man
Dec 11, 2022 6:25 PM

May 2021
LostSpectre said:
How is it not normal? We're fundamentally different, how could we possibly be treated identically? Society sure hasn't figured out the solution.

People have differences, right and wrong don't
Dec 11, 2022 6:45 PM

Oct 2022
It's fine. It's depends on who he/she is. I don't care if it was Denji and I even expect him to say it.

I think Kazuya is extremely overhated. But about Kazuya is that he doesn't do anything except simping. Like I hope Chizuru see a better person than this walking bruh. Like he embarrassed her like a millionth times and not even try to fix it. (He want to but he doesn't)

Again it's depends. If Kazuya said it and take it out of context. And if I have no idea who he is, I wouldn't really mind.
Dec 11, 2022 6:54 PM

Oct 2019
nah, I would care equally either way.

if it was the CSM situation, and a hot guy was manipulating a young girl, it would be just as scummy, and I would think "this is kinda hot though" at the back of my head equally the same.

it's about the likability of the character.

if this magical double standard existed for everyone, a character like onizuka would never be this popular.

I'm not saying some people don't have double standards, but don't pretend like that's everyone.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Dec 11, 2022 7:13 PM

Oct 2012
nah its weird to me no matter who said it....
Dec 11, 2022 8:35 PM
Oct 2019
I don't know who this character is, so I don't really care, but in general my opinion on characters who say degenerate shit like this really depends on the character, rather than what's being said. To use the examples you brought up, if Kazuya said it then it'd be bad (but entirely in character) because he's a pathetic protagonist who is just ridiculously boring to watch and drags his entire show down just by existing, whereas when Denji says it there's context behind it which makes it more acceptable, plus he's actually a good character.
Dec 11, 2022 9:45 PM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
This is such a dishonest thread, no one would bat an eye if Araragi or Sakuta said something like this.
Dec 11, 2022 9:57 PM

Jul 2021
double standards exist and it's fucking sad. we gotta accept and move on. if kazuma said something like this people will just find another chance to shit on the show and him. if a cute girl says this, she suddenly becomes a "woman of culture" or best girl. it's disgusting.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 11, 2022 10:39 PM

Dec 2018
Is it? It’s a one off line in Adachi to Shimamura that the character is embarrassed to even think. I don’t know if a comparison to Denji or another similar character is that fair.
Dec 11, 2022 10:49 PM

Aug 2018
yep there are double standards. Boo hoo. I've never heard stories about male teachers having inappropriate relationships with their underage female students. But the opposite is fairly common. Honest men say: "I wish that happened to me when I was in high school!" while the dishonest among us pretend to be outraged and disgusted.
Dec 11, 2022 11:13 PM

Nov 2022
I have double standards:

I only approve female slavery and submission but not male one.

Women are meant to serve.

Men are meant to rule.

I do excuse any men's weakness and such.

The only thing I do not approve is when he is willing to serve, wants to serve.

On the other hand I never condone any women's attempt to dominate.

That is just not acceptable.
EmperorThorDec 12, 2022 1:03 AM
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Dec 11, 2022 11:26 PM

Sep 2021
the weak must be culled, eradication is indifferent to all
Dec 12, 2022 12:02 AM
Jul 2018
I love how ironic it is that guys talk about double standards that don't exist. Like... Adachi is a toxic little shit anyway.
Dec 12, 2022 1:02 AM
Feb 2022
VenomEmperor said:
I find it weird that people bring up Kazuya when there's nothing in Rent A Girlfriend about fem dom or male dom. I can't think of any character in the show that would say this exact line. A better comparison would probably be MM.

Kdog1998 said:
However, there is a double standard because if Kazuya said the same thing people would lose their heads lol

For some reason anything he does will trigger the hell out of people. He's in a perpetual catch 22.

Yeah, that's true lol but I think people just hate him that much so everything he does is considered bad lol

More topics from this board

» Favorite Sports Anime ?

tchitchouan - 54 minutes ago

7 by Zarutaku »»
38 seconds ago

Poll: » Do you read light novels?

EverRealm - 9 hours ago

26 by luisfunes99 »»
35 minutes ago

» Why are The Mysterious Play, Colour Cloud Palace and Raven of the Inner Palace not as popular as The Apothecary Diaries ?

KingSunWukong - Mar 25

20 by ColourWheel »»
43 minutes ago

Poll: » A question, what is worse when it comes to a bad anime

Dillq24 - Yesterday

20 by Rhae »»
45 minutes ago

» ANIME AND MANGA GEEKS ASSEMBLE !!! Evil female characters who fall for MC, recommandations.

NaRc0s_G - 2 hours ago

1 by tchitchouan »»
56 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.