Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2022 4:13 PM

Oct 2017
100 chapters of Frieren, quite the journey this has been.

Time to finish things for once and for all.
Sep 20, 2022 4:15 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Ayyy we hit the big 100!!!

Pretty solid chapter overall.

The fights with Frieren and Solitar, Denken and Macht seem to be nearing the end so I'm excited to see how it all plays out.
Sep 20, 2022 5:02 PM

May 2016
An anime adaptation with the 100th chapter, I look forward to a good adaptation.
People asked me where I read certain thing but the rules say no telling where did you read so maybe I am too boring for not saying? Or salty because you didn't check my profile that says don't ask because I hate people to ghost me after that. I love learning languages so maybe I did not read the manga in English?

Sep 20, 2022 5:35 PM

Mar 2015
100 chapter with a blast and anime adaptation!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 20, 2022 8:05 PM

May 2019
Frieren #1 lol

And wtf who are those in the top 11?

Sep 20, 2022 8:48 PM

Mar 2012
Rob7 said:
Frieren #1 lol

And wtf who are those in the top 11?

LOL It's the rowdy riffraff from Fist of the North Star.
I mean, it's the ruffians Frieren asks where the best candy shops are in town when she's (secretly) present hunting for Fern's 16th birthday.

I love reading popularity polls! First place was naturally a given. Her name's in the title. :3
Would you mind sharing rest of the results?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still remember when Himmel spared a demon child crying for "mom" despite Frieren's warnings.
Knowing that and Frieren's battle with Aura, demons will never ever change. They'll only use words to deceive people so, no Solitar --- You can't guilt trip the Frieren the Slayer.
You're only delaying the inevitable.

Refer back to Ch. 53 for Denken recalling Frieren's explanation for "soul track" and Frieren's weakness.

Congrats on getting an anime adaption!! This has become one of my favorite manga so I can only hope they nail the pacing, atmosphere, and bring the characters to life.
It should be slow paced and introspective like Kino's Journey (2003), Mushishi, or Seirei no Moribito with a memorable soundtrack. (Imagine Yoko Kanno composing for this fantasy series!)
xxxATiONSep 22, 2022 2:00 PM
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Sep 21, 2022 4:57 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
100th chapter! But that's still the beginning of the fight right now
Sep 21, 2022 5:07 AM

May 2020
Anime adaptation in the 100th chapter!!!

Also, stop with the pointless convos!!!

Just finish her off!!!
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Sep 21, 2022 5:31 AM

May 2019

I hope the anime give faces more emotional for the characters. It is ridiculous how sometimes the demons have more expressions than the humans, but the demons are the ultra-sociopaths.

----

xxxATiON said:

I love reading popularity polls! First place was naturally a given. Her name's in the title. :3

After the 6th it is completly nonsense. Until the 20th the most popular usually should be the ones who was given a lot of screentime.

For example, Serie is at 60th! Where is Denken?

It is too random to be a legit poll, maybe was made up by the author (author's opinion?) or the magazine.
Rob7Sep 21, 2022 5:35 AM
Sep 21, 2022 11:37 PM

Mar 2012
Rob7 said:

----

xxxATiON said:

After the 6th it is completly nonsense. Until the 20th the most popular usually should be the ones who was given a lot of screentime.

It is too random to be a legit poll, maybe was made up by the author (author's opinion?) or the magazine.

Thank you! :D
This is so cool. Now I can see how the names were translated.
The top 4 was expected - the OG hero party yeah!!

Seriously what's with the sorting? I had to hunt up and down, left and right just to find Denken at 48th!

But uh, the old lady who helped Frieren and Fern find Himmel's hometown's flower is 9th while...Sein is in 33rd place? Really?
Did readers start nodding off after chapter 20 or something? That might explain why the top 20 are characters from the first few arcs.
Popularity polls can be funny. Fans can vote for the randomest things like Deku's shoes (BNA) or Shinpachi's glasses i.e the real Shinpachi (Gintama).
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Sep 27, 2022 6:53 PM
Mar 2021
Damn macht goes hard this chapter
Sep 28, 2022 8:45 AM

Apr 2015
xxxATiON said:
Rob7 said:

----

Seriously what's with the sorting? I had to hunt up and down, left and right just to find Denken at 48th!

But uh, the old lady who helped Frieren and Fern find Himmel's hometown's flower is 9th while...Sein is in 33rd place? Really?
Did readers start nodding off after chapter 20 or something? That might explain why the top 20 are characters from the first few arcs.
Popularity polls can be funny. Fans can vote for the randomest things like Deku's shoes (BNA) or Shinpachi's glasses i.e the real Shinpachi (Gintama).

It's because these aren't the results but just the characters available in the popularity poll, the results will be announced in november
Sep 28, 2022 1:05 PM

Mar 2012
ZeroMavis said:
xxxATiON said:

It's because these aren't the results but just the characters available in the popularity poll, the results will be announced in november

Thanks. That explains a lot. My vote's for the Jumbo Berry Special then. jk jk
Though, I do expect the top 10 will consist of the OG Hero Party and our current party.
Sep 30, 2022 1:24 PM
Aug 2021
Damn with these hiatuses, but this arc is sooo goood.
Oct 19, 2022 3:35 AM

Jul 2021
My brother in christ an anime adaptation announced in the middle of the fight that's about to make to it's end
Oct 26, 2022 9:05 AM

Oct 2014
Classic steadfast Frieren, to be unswayed by Solitar’s mind games. Looks like their fight will be ending soon just as Macht’s fight with Denken appears to be heating up.
Dec 30, 2022 9:21 AM

May 2020
Years have passed but that habit of conversing in between a fight didn't change.. oh well, though be that way.

Pretty much the last stages of this arc, hope they finish on a high.
Jan 16, 2023 8:28 AM
Oct 2020
Lets gooo Chapter 100!
Jan 14, 7:30 PM

Dec 2022
Macht, honorable and humble even in the face of almost certain doom, truly a gnarly dude
Mar 23, 7:08 PM

Jan 2009
and the battle continues
Jun 11, 9:39 AM

Apr 2015
100th Chapter mark!
This is really exciting stuff, To see Frieren all bloody like that. Plus Denken out here actually harming Macht.
Here's to 100 more chapters.

More topics from this board

» Worth reading or should wait for next season?

Oriorii - Aug 23

18 by deg »»
Yesterday, 1:25 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Chapter 133 Discussion

ARK-13 - Sep 10

16 by tekalook »»
Sep 12, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Chapter 132 Discussion

ARK-13 - Aug 26

12 by paintpixie »»
Sep 8, 3:13 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Chapter 43 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2021

9 by V4Valhalla »»
Sep 3, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Chapter 117 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 10, 2023

28 by Cornbeef19 »»
Aug 28, 2:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.