Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 29, 2022 10:24 AM

Nov 2011
So glad to see more of Shinonome this episode again. He brings in a good dose of entertainment with that personality of his.

Episode was fun with his presence. On the other hand, I feel like he's hiding something but we'll see.
Jul 29, 2022 12:44 PM

Jul 2017
Samidare's weird and Amamiya's nice dream, that is a weird moment. But even more so is Samidare challenging Shinonome in the morning, and Amamiya with Ludo.

Shinonome requestung for Shoujo manga, and already finding a love interest with Hisame, this is randomness lols. But Amamiya coincidentally encountering the golem-of-the-week, and Shinonome greatly showing his skill calibre to prove that he's enough of a threat. But what is a threat to him, is whether Hisame is free for his liking.

Truly to control Shinonome, using Hisame as hostage will enable Amamiya to take hold of him, and regardless of what Neu says, he will not relent. But the former just gatecrashing on the latter's house and watching Shooujo anime, yeah.

The Asahina sister's father's abrupt return, and Amamiya gatecrashing on Shinonome and Hisame's meeting...an author and father like him deserves to be bashed, and Hisame really feels like she needs to rant it out. When all is said and done, acting as adults will help pave the way forward.

Daddy Asahina is definitely suspicious...
Jul 29, 2022 12:44 PM
Oct 2016
Hangetsu is wild, the dude knows how to let loose. We got much more of him this episode after just a small bit before. He's pretty much a goofball with crazy amounts of strength. If he can hold off Samidare with ease through that whole training he just be very strong. Defeating that golem alone once again right in front of Yuuhi. Rest of the episode with Hangetsu hitting on Samidare older sister was pretty funny. The man is relentless as he is strong, wanting to know everything about her and shooting his shoot over again. Yuuhi wariness doesn't seem to he misplaced though. Its easy to think they Yuuhi is just distrustful towards Hangetsu like his grandfather wanted him to be all those years but I'm kinda on Yuuhi side. Hangetsu is much stronger than Samidare, who's the strongest person Yuuhi has seen thus far, which means Hangetsu could turn on them both at any moment. Someone with that much power who we've just meet is a wildcard and shouldn't be immediately trusted. I think Hangetsu is a good guy but there's also that part that makes me wonder about his motives.
Jul 29, 2022 12:46 PM

Dec 2010
4 episodes in and it's still terrible. Gibiate was better than this.
Jul 29, 2022 1:14 PM

Sep 2017
DarkDooM2 said:

Gibiate was worse even in the visual aspect, and the visuals were not even the worst thing about Gibiate...

I feel like everything aside from the art and animation quality was great this episode so I can't see how it's terrible since the fight wasn't all that important. Yes visuals are going to be trash because studio NAZ is trash, but at least the great characters from the source material are shining through despite that.
Jul 29, 2022 3:48 PM
Jul 2018
this anime is sure to slow
Jul 29, 2022 4:09 PM

Sep 2011
Can someone explain to me where they got the English title "Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer"? I've always wondered about it.
Jul 29, 2022 11:58 PM

Oct 2010
another majestic episode, loved the interactions between hangetsu and hisame, they so nailed it the manga atmosphere in the bar. That golem sure looks weak now that we have the dog knight but anime onlys will be in for a surprise in regards to that
Jul 30, 2022 12:50 AM

Feb 2019
Ok so the manga is now 3 full points higher than this. Can someone explain why this adaptation is so bad and like what’s going on?!How can it be this bad
Jul 30, 2022 4:01 AM

Nov 2016
Hangetsu is so damn likeable and he has a weakness that can be exploited, lmao. It only seemed like a gag at first, but Amamiya was serious for a second. Foreshadowing? Really makes you think what's about to happen. Especially the smile parallel between Hangetsu, his father and grandfather raised some potenial flags.

Entertaining episode all around.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 30, 2022 4:52 AM

Jan 2021
was this really necessary?
Roxy

Jul 30, 2022 5:43 AM

Jun 2021
Asahina blushing at remembering that “dream” was pretty cute.

While Asahina was getting whooped during that “rematch” with Hangetsu. Yuuhi was having his own “battle” with Ludo lol. Man was fighting a dog, that’s his level though huh? Haha. Ludo really is a dog in the end with how he went after that stick too lol.

Hangetsu is in love! Maybe the gang can use that to thwart him if he becomes trouble lol. Asahina already sold her out for a coupon anyways lol.

Yuuhi sure can hold his liquor. Dude was puttin those drinks away like crazy for his first time lol The dad seems like a goof. He took some real critical hits during the eavesdropping haha. Idk how no one noticed him in that ridiculous get up though lol.
Jul 30, 2022 5:51 AM

Aug 2021
Both are still thinking about ending the world when they stop the hammer, but seeing with the second knight and also with his sister, they are such good people and their deaths would not be deserved, now let's see what they will think.
Jul 30, 2022 9:44 AM

Jan 2021
I really don't know what to think about this anime anymore. It has a decent premise, but Yuuhi is hard to watch. He is so stubborn, and he has absolutely no desire to improve his character nor his strength and fighting ability.

Also, does he not think that holding Samidare's sister hostage will ruin his relationship with Samidare? I know he has problems, but he seems to barely think.

Jul 30, 2022 11:18 AM

May 2021
Some potentially interesting conflict between our MC and Lizard solved in such a boring way. I can only hope it rears its head later.

Jul 30, 2022 5:05 PM
Mar 2016
I've honestly really been enjoying this. I put off watching this episode since I didn't remember these chapters as being that special, but I ended up laughing out loud multiple times.

I'm honestly happy we have this adaptation. Of course I wish the animation were better but there are loads of scenes I'm excited to see.

This episode really emphasizes the theme of adulthood. I keep coming back to the manga for that reason, since I'd like to be an adult that smiles too. I can't believe I almost skipped this episode!
Jul 31, 2022 2:21 AM

Oct 2010
Acctra said:
Yuuhi is hard to watch. He is so stubborn, and he has absolutely no desire to improve his character nor his strength and fighting ability.

you say this yet we have Yuuhi training ever since episode 2, pay more attention, his only goal is to improve his fighting ability to protect the princess
Jul 31, 2022 2:38 AM
Nov 2021
Episode was fine. Tfw this anime is better when there's no action. Im an action fanatic so feels weird to say that but its true.
Jul 31, 2022 12:02 PM

Jan 2020
Triggerfish124 said:
Episode was fine. Tfw this anime is better when there's no action. Im an action fanatic so feels weird to say that but its true.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised by the way it made me laugh out loud a bit. The good thing is I'm becoming more warmed up to the characters because of this !
Jul 31, 2022 1:21 PM

Jan 2021
Catalano said:
Acctra said:
Yuuhi is hard to watch. He is so stubborn, and he has absolutely no desire to improve his character nor his strength and fighting ability.

you say this yet we have Yuuhi training ever since episode 2, pay more attention, his only goal is to improve his fighting ability to protect the princess
From what I understood based on the confrontation at the river a few episodes ago, he has little desire to improve his fighting ability, and is instead wanting to focus on his mobility and speed. That is fine, but running from every monster you see because you refuse to learn how to fight won't grant much growth. I could be wrong though, and I may have misinterpreted what he had said.

Jul 31, 2022 2:28 PM

Dec 2012
Acctra said:
he has little desire to improve his fighting ability, and is instead wanting to focus on his mobility and speed

It's more that, at his current power level, trying to fight will be useless. So his priority at this point is just trying to survive while he improves his stamina in order to make his power stronger. But he does acknowledge that he needs to train and become stronger to be "the devil's right hand". He's just way too far from that point still (see him trying to slam a rock into the golem in episode 3).
Aug 1, 2022 11:57 AM

Jan 2020
I can't believe this is down to a 5.9 (as of this post). I get the animation is lackluster, but this is far from the worst thing I'm watching this season. The quirks and humor are on point. It actually upsets me that, what I consider to be the worst show of this season, has a higher score than this.

Heh, trading manga for training, maybe Hangetsu is best boi -- and, he's asking the real questions: "What color is her underwear?"

It's somewhat weird that Yuuhi is forcing himself down this darker path. I usually like stuff like that, but it just really doesn't suit his character at all. Partially because he's so unintimidating as it is, so him trying to come off as sadistic or threatening is sorta like a child flailing about haphazardly. Also, he's never drank liquor? So, seemingly, he doesn't have a vice? How can be this self-proclaimed edgelord with so little experience? But, I guess Hangetsu is, in part, here to help him stop being like that though.

What is happening in this Magical Girl anime they are watching? She shouts "Magical Skull Crack!" And then just crushes a dude's head with a cinderblock, lmao. Fucking wild.

This was a pretty good episode. I definitely want to check out the manga, but, at this point, I don't necessarily want to pull another Tokyo Ghoul and ruin the anime for myself. So I'll probably just wait until I finish the anime before starting to read it. The anime already gets enough hate as it is, apparently.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 1, 2022 6:18 PM
Jul 2016
BaronBrixius said:
DarkDooM2 said:

Gibiate was worse even in the visual aspect, and the visuals were not even the worst thing about Gibiate...

I feel like everything aside from the art and animation quality was great this episode so I can't see how it's terrible since the fight wasn't all that important. Yes visuals are going to be trash because studio NAZ is trash, but at least the great characters from the source material are shining through despite that.

The visuals actually fits and isn’t that bad as well and still better than Gibate was lol
Aug 1, 2022 8:03 PM

Mar 2013
This show is so fcking ridiculous, especially the two main characters. She wants to "destroy the world" and for what?? Is there a compelling reason behind it or is it just another stupid whim of a teenager with too big of an ego? And not Yuuhi getting these 'murder' vibes with Shinonome as if the guy isn't the best thing this series has so far. He and Hisame are way better than the two main characters. The animation is far from being the biggest problem here.
Aug 3, 2022 12:06 PM
Jul 2021
Acctra said:
Catalano said:

From what I understood based on the confrontation at the river a few episodes ago, he has little desire to improve his fighting ability, and is instead wanting to focus on his mobility and speed. That is fine, but running from every monster you see because you refuse to learn how to fight won't grant much growth. I could be wrong though, and I may have misinterpreted what he had said.

He says that, but then when he fights the golem in Episode 3 he gets a second wind and decides he wants to win by himself instead (with some encouragement). A lot of the character growth in the manga is understated like this, you're supposed to see it for yourself. The anime is a little worse at conveying it and pacing it it out (it cut out a couple episodes's worth of character work between us being introduced to Yuuhi's trauma and his visit to his grandpa).
Aug 3, 2022 12:09 PM
Jul 2021
Heiize said:
This show is so fcking ridiculous, especially the two main characters. She wants to "destroy the world" and for what?? Is there a compelling reason behind it or is it just another stupid whim of a teenager with too big of an ego? And not Yuuhi getting these 'murder' vibes with Shinonome as if the guy isn't the best thing this series has so far. He and Hisame are way better than the two main characters. The animation is far from being the biggest problem here.

The characters have their secrets. We don't know why Samidare thinks the way she does, we just know it happens to resonate with Yuuhi, who's otherwise a complete cynic who would rather see the world destroyed than try to save it. If you can't step outside yourself a little and see these as people with their own views of the world, you're never going to get anything from this story.

Do keep in mind the setup for the story is half-parody. "Animal knights choose the holders of the power to stop the evil wizard and protect the princess" is a reference to tons of "chosen one" story cliches and sentai works. The fact that the princess is ridiculously strong and doesn't need any protection is the first thing that's weird about this take on that age old story. The fact that the princess wants to destroy the world more than the evil wizard is the second. There's more than these two.
Aug 12, 2022 9:21 AM

May 2020
Even if I want to write something good, these visuals just not letting me. Anyways leaving this aside, episode was actually decent. Hangetsu turning out to be a good addition, or may as well say the characters are one of those least good things about this series.
Aug 12, 2022 7:25 PM

Dec 2013
Hangetsu is a lot of fun. Taking down a golem by himself was an impressive feat.

The walk home was a really nice scene.
Dec 27, 2022 10:17 AM

Jul 2015
Ngl so far I like Hangetsu a lot more than Yuuhi, who seems absolutely pathethic for even thinking of murdering the former by holding Hisame hostage.

Mar 24, 2023 12:23 AM

Feb 2021
Need more battle :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 25, 3:14 AM

Jun 2022
Next 2 Episodes R Gonna Be Hell , Annoyance Meter Just Maxed Out In This Episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2022

48 by RGreatDanton »»
May 25, 3:43 AM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2022

43 by RGreatDanton »»
May 25, 3:30 AM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2022

39 by RGreatDanton »»
May 24, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2022

53 by RGreatDanton »»
May 24, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2022

146 by RGreatDanton »»
May 24, 10:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.