Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Gleipnir
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 26, 2020 8:33 PM

Jun 2013
This was the part in the manga where I got annoyed by Claire. Anyway, she's not the only one, each and every character has an annoying trait but I got pissed by how cocky Claire was becoming.
臭い-
May 27, 2020 9:29 AM

Apr 2020
I wonder why Elena blocked out shuichi's memories..

I ACTUALLY LOVE ISAO ALREADY LIKE HES SO WHOLESOME

I dont trust the furry looking girl

Cant wait for next weeks episode
May 27, 2020 10:33 AM

Oct 2013
That episode was rather meh and dull, although it was cool to see more mysteries appearing, so as an introduction to what might come in the future this episode was okay, but nothing more, nothing less. I'm curious if Chihiro might be the one to break "the promise spell" (sorry, dunno how to call it, lol) eventually. She seems harmless, but she also decided to contact the enemy way more powerful than her and Shuuichi after the merge. I'm also curious why Shuuichi's memories have blank spots and why they are related to Elena.
AdnashMay 27, 2020 10:40 AM
May 27, 2020 10:44 AM

Nov 2013
So let me guess, this will turn out to be Madoka x Homura kind of "plot-twist" where both characters influenced the world, or nearly influenced it, but failed and decided to take different paths. Obvious time travel, Homura style shit happening with the shadow-girl. She already looks like Homura who's doing all this shit for MC's sake, and probably not the fist 10th time...
May 28, 2020 8:24 AM
Feb 2019
Moshi moshi Minna-san

I wanted to know if this series is any good to invest in. Was hyped for it since then released but kinda lost interest and wanted some opinions based on the anime only

Arigatoo!
May 28, 2020 5:17 PM
Mar 2019
I'm glad the writer is actually following through and exploring the jealousy Claire is feeling. It adds an interesting dynamic to Claire and Shuichi's relationship which I was not expecting from this series,

I think this show had a really rocky start with a pretty significant lull in pace following episode 2, but if you were hooked in by the weird premise (and likely with the help of some ecchi) it is paying off now.

Is Erena alluding to Claire already being close to 100 coins? That's a great twist if true.
May 28, 2020 9:38 PM

Mar 2008
Lol those double entendres

I sure would like the ability to rappidly grow plants or turn invisible.

I'm guessing Elena is an ex of Shuuichi and they had some fallout maybe so she had his memories erased but that doesn't really explain why she would erase herself so much when she wants him so bad.

KANLen09 said:
Shuichi's young introduction...all that seemed like a dream, what is all that supposed to be?

When that one guy told Shuuichi about being around his friends in cram school Shuichi didn't know what he was talking about. Shuichi's memory of his classmates was erased which as we see elsewhere in the episode Elena knows about his memories being erased or rather at least the one's involving her and seemingly was responsible for that though it's not confirmed. That's why all the classmates outside the door were shadows and why it was made to look like a dream. Shuuichi was seemingly dreaming of a lost memory if I understand correctly .
May 29, 2020 6:08 PM
Feb 2008
My theory is that Shuichi and Elena got the 100 coins, got the world destroying power, and done something terrible, probably shuichi killed Claire parents and the kids from that school. Scared of what they've done, they got more coins and sealed Shuichi's memories, and Elena decided to took the blame for the killings and step away from shuichi...

Until Claire appear and fucked up everything by bringing Shuichi back to the scavanger world...
May 30, 2020 3:47 PM

Jan 2009
penrhos said:
024 said:
Chihiro is now prepared to fully take Claire on to win Shuichi over. Therefor she must die because Claire is best girl. Like what is she talkin about Claire and Shuichi have become one already

Those lost memories could also be quite interesting. I assume the shadows in it are Claire's sister.

Yes - the erased memories of a girl are Claire's sister Elena.

I was bored and did a little theory crafting.

Im pretty sure Erena and Shuichi met at that school and were part of the same circle of friends.
Shuichi was in love with someone in that group, it may have been Erena but it might also have been someone else.
I guess that that is is also around the time where Shuichi and Erena got their powers.
Something must have happened within that group that made someone (probably Erena) erase Shuichis memories.
Its possible that Shuichi was pretty close to another girl in the group and Erena killed her out of jealousy and then erased Shuichis memories.
That would explain why she never contacted him despite being crazy in love with him.
May 30, 2020 4:13 PM
Nov 2019
Ryuji85 said:

I was bored and did a little theory crafting.

Im pretty sure Erena and Shuichi met at that school and were part of the same circle of friends.
Shuichi was in love with someone in that group, it may have been Erena but it might also have been someone else.
I guess that that is is also around the time where Shuichi and Erena got their powers.
Something must have happened within that group that made someone (probably Erena) erase Shuichis memories.
Its possible that Shuichi was pretty close to another girl in the group and Erena killed her out of jealousy and then erased Shuichis memories.
That would explain why she never contacted him despite being crazy in love with him.

You'll need to pay attention to the next episode and maybe re-watch this one...

May 31, 2020 4:33 AM

Apr 2020
I kinda liked this episode even tho nothing exciting happened. I don't know why, but i just hate Chihiro. She's naive and i can't stand her.
Jun 1, 2020 9:08 AM

Jul 2019
why does shuichi get all the girls ?? he is the most weak of all of them and he says his power is to protect the weak. But what can he do if he is weak 😩

Jun 2, 2020 11:47 AM

Jul 2019
Must have been quite the special school and it could be related to his powers. Question is did he voluntarily sacrifice his memories or was he forced by Elena? And to what goal?

One thing is for sure though: Claire got the message and thinks abut getting herself a set of powers.

What a shame that the first episode was so weak. Thw world building gets more comlex episode by episode and I have got the feeling all of this is just step 1 towards something much bigger.
Jun 4, 2020 3:44 PM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
I liked plant boy, he was cute - who wouldn't like that power? It reminded me of that bit in My Neighbour Totoro where Totoro grows that massive tree really quickly.

Why are all these girls fighting over someone as bland as Shuichi? I guess this really is made for straight teenage boy insert fantasy (even if it's technically a seinen). I'm still liking this show though. It doesn't say how many episodes there will be yet? I guess I just assumed 12 but I dunno if they'll wrap this up in time.

Also, I think Claire's going to use that coin...

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
Jun 5, 2020 11:14 AM

Mar 2016
This episode resurfaces my memories from Franxx's popular episodes. And it scares me, will this be another love triangle?
Jun 5, 2020 6:17 PM

Jan 2011
Sheragin said:
This episode resurfaces my memories from Franxx's popular episodes. And it scares me, will this be another love triangle?

short answer no, the story focuses on the mystery of the past
Jun 6, 2020 3:06 PM

Apr 2018
That telescope guy is really starting to piss me off...
Jun 6, 2020 3:44 PM

Aug 2013
Good to see Mifune again. I hope nothing ever happens to her.

Interesting episode. Can't wait to learn more about Shuuichi and Elena.

Jun 6, 2020 6:10 PM

Mar 2016
dark-chaos said:

Well, Franxx's also has some flashback episodes but glad if they didn't end up squabbling for the protag's attention
Jun 6, 2020 6:18 PM

Jan 2011
Sheragin said:
dark-chaos said:

Well, Franxx's also has some flashback episodes but glad if they didn't end up squabbling for the protag's attention

yes but franxx flashback also about love, but here it's something different
anyway you will understand soon
Jun 8, 2020 5:11 AM

May 2016
I kinda knew this show gonna drop in quality of the story after second half I don't feel the
impact I felt at the beginning.
Jun 19, 2020 4:10 AM

Apr 2019
The plot is getting interesting!
Jun 25, 2020 11:20 AM
Apr 2020
Dreamxer said:
I don't know if it's just me that thinks the last few episodes were dull and weak, Even including the fight scenes. They haven't felt anything extraordinary and wasn't as good as the match in the second episode.
I totally agree, that this fight is weaker.
Jul 26, 2020 12:03 PM

Jul 2015
Well now I'm really curious to Shuuichi's lost memories, what everyone's exact goal is, the thing with Abukawa...but more importantly what the heck Yota's powers are

Jan 23, 2021 12:27 AM

Oct 2010
not much happened after the incident, Clair and Shuichi went home, damn Shuichi should've accepted Clair's offer and become a man.
Something happened between Shuichi and Elena, something so big that he lost his memories, could it be possible that he had the power even when he was with her? Elena having short hair means that they kinda broke up considering that she said those things when talking with that annoying girl.
I think something is fishy with Shuichi's parents, they can't possibly be at work all the time, I like the overall mystery and feels that we'll get a big conflict next episodes after we find the ship.
Apr 10, 2021 6:49 PM

Nov 2010
The waifu wars begins. haha

Anyway, I'm really curious how powerful Yota is. I think he's just being modest and he's actually as powerful as Tadanori.
Feb 6, 2022 4:22 AM
Jun 2013
lol the whole beginning with clair saying shes better and getting jealous someone else was inside him was pretty funny. Ok so the fusion thing is somehow able to bring them back from death and when it wears off they go back to normal. Thats a pretty dam good power and I wonder if it differs depending on who he fuses with. Also that little annoying kid is lying as its clear he would've got shot to hell if erena didn't show up. Also did that kid burying the dog kill it himself and took its tail or took it after he found it dead.
May 1, 2022 7:36 AM

Apr 2013
Seems like our protagonist lost more memories than just why he transforms. Not a big fan of that trope tbh.
Oct 3, 2022 6:38 AM

Aug 2014
I am curious if Shuichi lost his memories and Elena try to get them back. Or Elena is the one who make Suichi lost his memories...
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
May 16, 2023 1:36 AM

Dec 2022
As dark as this series is I'm suprised they didnt take a darker turn like him ingesting whoever get inside of him, blondie just lasted cuz they incompatible.
Dec 4, 2023 7:10 AM

Nov 2023
So much stuff to revealed! Need some time for it
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jun 28, 2020

196 by BiggKab »»
Apr 5, 3:51 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2020

93 by sapphiron22 »»
Dec 11, 2023 11:15 PM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 21, 2020

142 by nanajp »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:14 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2020

90 by nanajp »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:13 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2020

73 by nanajp »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.