Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Arte
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 19, 2020 2:23 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
minho9 said:
Ashhk said:
She loves Leo it's obvious, that's why she feels weird

or, she's having a heart attack, we don't know
Uhh it would be harsh xD
Apr 19, 2020 4:10 PM

Feb 2018
Well I guess if the pacing keeps like this she might not be underage by the time the romance starts (or at least not 15 still). Anyway, alright episode, definitely less annoying than the first half of episode 2, so that's a plus. It was also nice to see more of a reason given to why she likes him than just being close to her. I think in terms of the season this show will be good at least, but compared to Wave, Listen to Me! or Sing "Yesterday" for Me I don't think it'll be as strong imo. 3.5/5, hoping it might get better but I have a feeling it will be consistently 'alright'.
Apr 19, 2020 6:16 PM

Dec 2014
I liked the end part...nice song. My playlist is expanding.
Apr 19, 2020 7:10 PM

Apr 2020
I really want to love this series, but it just feels really meh to me. As someone previously said, the story feels like it only takes place in the Renaissance era for the sake of misogyny. Arte's feelings also feel forced and unnecessary, and I really hope she doesn't end up with Leo because of the icky power dynamic with him being her master and also being much older. I like the message this series is trying to convey, but I don't really feel it as much in this episode. Also Angelo seems like he's just there to be a love interest.
Apr 20, 2020 1:38 AM

Jan 2016
I loved this ep. I root for Leo and Arte.
Apr 20, 2020 4:58 AM

Feb 2020
Episode 3 of Arte and I have to say it: Arte looks so cute getting blushed, it's just adorable.
Also it is incredible how story is taking us in a long time storyline ( I didn´t expect the timeskip of 6 months); making us understand that Arte and Leo have been progressing in their relation Teacher - aprentice little by little.
Finally it´s fair to say that all of us would like a teacher as great as Leo in this episode.
Apr 20, 2020 5:51 AM

Dec 2016
JULES_WK said:

Finally it´s fair to say that all of us would like a teacher as great as Leo in this episode.

Are you freaking nuts?

Speak for yourself, I don't think any sane student would want to have a teacher and have him/her make an assignment 10 times in a row and get a vague hint at the end, when all that time and effort wasted could have been avoided just by telling her what to do from the beginning.
Apr 20, 2020 7:15 AM

Nov 2011
Focused a bit more on the art and it was much better.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Apr 20, 2020 10:52 AM
Apr 2014
What's your problem for giving such a low score?? Arte it's better than other animes of the season... by far.
Apr 20, 2020 11:36 AM

Apr 2020
 I hope it continues to be approaching Italian culture in the Renaissance as in this episode 

This ep was very interesting cause we learn more about some of the past italian culture in carnival times.

My only caveat is that a I would like to know more about the painting processes of the time, something that has not been very focused until now, but I hope it will be soon.

Pedro_ZApr 20, 2020 11:51 AM
⬇ CLICK IT ⬇

⬆ CLICK IT ⬆
Apr 21, 2020 12:58 AM
Aug 2018
I don't watch this show but judging from the synopsis and the impressions this is possibly based on the life of Artemisia(the manga I mean).

Context:
https://youtu.be/yDO4MGcZnUk?t=467

Apr 21, 2020 9:27 AM

May 2016
Seems we are having a love genre after holding her by the ass which in the he held her by her back...

seriously why they make that change and reading the comments makes me feel not that
good about the future of this show.
Apr 21, 2020 3:48 PM

Jun 2016
i'm not accepting if arte fallin love with that ugly bastards leo ever !!!

if they do that route , i swear i never forgiven them !!!
Apr 21, 2020 9:35 PM
Mar 2019
a great episode. Arte made many funny and cute faces here XD
and seems like she's falling in love with her master, isnt Leo in his 30s?
I love K-On, and so should you.

Apr 22, 2020 1:12 AM

Jul 2017
Oh ho, a carnival. For Master Leo to not make Arte not stand out as a girl in the days and age of old.

And sketching a open-scale dissection in hidden sight, that was unique, but getting caught is another matter over everything else. For that small fiasco, she consequently falls in love...?

As much as her craft is getting better, Leo still demands a higher substance (to which Arte hasn't reached that point yet) when it comes to her skills of noticing requests. With that her first job is done.

Arte's flushing face...does that mean that she'll fall in love with Leo sooner or later?

Good episode.
Apr 23, 2020 8:57 AM
Mar 2015
They need to stop with the clumsiness and flustered She is competent and more afraid of Leo the comic relief added does not work
Apr 24, 2020 4:47 AM
Nov 2010
All these assholes rating this wonderful series low because it's a show about female empowerment. I didn't even start reading this manga for all that jazz but was instead captured by the unique and informative nature of the historic culture and art in the renaissance in an anime. And yet all these dickheads are just shitting on the show because they dont have anything to jack off to while watching it >:/
Apr 24, 2020 4:47 AM
Nov 2010
All these assholes rating this wonderful series low because it's a show about female empowerment. I didn't even start reading this manga for all that jazz but was instead captured by the unique and informative nature of the historic culture and art in the renaissance in an anime. And yet all these dickheads are just shitting on the show because they dont have anything to jack off to while watching it >:/
Apr 24, 2020 4:30 PM

Apr 2011
piplupcola said:

You are really stupid...
Apr 24, 2020 7:25 PM

Mar 2015
That was so cute!! And I totally understand, I also have a crush on Leo x) Go girl ! Seriously this show is making me dokidoki
Siana_chanApr 24, 2020 7:36 PM
Apr 25, 2020 6:28 PM

Dec 2016
iiSubarashii said:
What's your problem for giving such a low score?? Arte it's better than other animes of the season... by far.

Because mediocre shows should get higher scores than below average shows, am I right?

A 7.15 is more than a gift to such a mediocre fest of japanese cliches in an italian renaissance setting
Apr 26, 2020 3:38 AM

Feb 2020
Mikako Komatsu is doing such a great job as Arte ! Her voice fits her perfectly.
It seemed they put more efforts in the music this episode, it's nice. I appreciated it much more than the first, I hope the quality will keep getting better. It's still far from being as good as the manga though, too many exaggerations.
I think the next episode will be Veronica's ? Great, things will be interesting. I already like her voice. (Can't wait for my lil'Catalina tough.)
But wait a second, we didn't see Darcia yet... Are they modifying the storyline ? That's weird...
I also don't recall Arte losing her hat but fainting during the autopsy, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I'm not.
Also, for anyone being bothered by Arte's relationship with Leo : remember she is young, naïve and has confidence issues due to her mother. She and Leo have a way different level of maturity. Leo doesn't see her a weird way. (At least as far as I remember.)
And I know I'm one episode late. I blame my country.
FafetteApr 26, 2020 3:49 AM
Apr 26, 2020 11:17 AM
Feb 2020
Crap, Arte has fallen for Leo. I was hoping it'd be Angelo.
Three episodes and only met 3 characters yet?
Apr 27, 2020 6:11 AM

Mar 2009
At least this one was better than the previous episode, which was mostly awful.
May 14, 2020 1:36 PM

May 2015
AWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They're so cute together!!!!!

That last scene was so beautiful and dam it was adorable. But why does she feel pain? Is theres something wrong with her.......................does she have some sort of underlying condition?! I hope not. I just cant think of a reason why she feels pain whenever she's embarrassed around him. Unless she's just mistaking it for pain.

Still though, they're cute as fuck and I cant stop grinning whenever they're the main focus like this episode. It was really nice seeing how her picture evolved and got better then figuring out that it didnt need to be super detailed when Leo gave that hint. Dam this series really does this underdog story way better than most Ive seen. Im genuinely rooting for Arte to succeed and have Leo acknowledge her as a fully fledged artist.

P.S I love the voices for Arte and Leo. Leo has that deep but kind voice and Arte is that spiritful and lovable cuteness. Perfect choices.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
May 29, 2020 4:15 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was not good at all.
Jun 17, 2020 9:24 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Omg, Arte, i smirk at you while you felt that 'hurt'. First time feeling, i guessed? I feel bad, watching it. I knew her soul must be pure to the goals. But, the whole engagement problem they had with the parents. The whole encounters with that kind heart Leo-san. Goddamned, the whole situations make it even worst to actually making their relations become closer. I can't resist that incoming plot to become truth. So, lets see how that shit improved day by day, in the near future.

Also, nice development of Arte's goal. These episode took one step closer to actually making Arte's the real artist. Its nice to see the whole sceneries. Also, that embarassing face, damn, Arte, the show gonna make me so attached. Thats great!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 29, 2020 4:19 PM

Sep 2018
Woahhh!! They're cute but Leo is old already! How old is he? Arte is only 16 right?
Jul 18, 2020 7:34 AM

Jul 2015
"She's got quite the guts" Nah Leo I think the guy who dissects has the guts. Initially saw Leo more as a father figure but seeing this episode I kinda ship him instead of Angelo with Arte. Arte made some big steps this episode and learned something important too

Aug 16, 2021 8:48 AM

Jan 2021
I don't know why but I don't really like Arte in this episode.. the episode is still fun but not as fun as the previous two episodes.

And yeah I love romance but I hope the romance in this anime doesn't develop into anything, I hope Arte and Leo become good friends, not a couple..

Jul 28, 2022 12:03 AM

Jun 2021
Getting the hots for Leo from close up? Same, Arte, same.
May 25, 2023 6:08 AM

Dec 2022
In the beginning I got the feeling that she’d maybe fall for Leo because of how he treated her more like a human being rather than treating her bad for being a woman but I was like hmm maybe not he looks a bit too old. So maybe she’ll fall in love with that nice blonde boy but no I guess it’s Leo-san after all lol.
Nov 1, 2023 4:25 PM

Dec 2012
Is Arte falling for Leo? It would make sense she's still just a girl after all.

Okay, I had to do that at least once. Jests aside, this episode went the direction I was hoping for. More emphasis on Arte's development as an artist. I also get the feeling Arte's growing infatuation with Leo has more to do with her admiration for him. Not an uncommon first love. Since Arte reminds me of Eowyn from the LOTR, I get the feeling it will head in a similar direction.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arte Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

80 by kyoto_citizen »»
Aug 3, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Arte Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2020

127 by BiggKab »»
Jan 14, 2:30 AM

Poll: » Arte Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

144 by ashura_chan »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:18 AM

Poll: » Arte Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2020

49 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 4, 2023 4:29 AM

Poll: » Arte Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

66 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 2, 2023 4:14 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.