Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 10, 2020 9:56 PM

Jul 2016
Yes, finally we see Sakaido's subconscious and it's as interesting as I expected. I particularly liked how Pi (π) was used as a way to establish that despite how "random" some things look at first glance, every event has a reason to be.
All in all, a nice way to give even more characterization by presenting Sakaido as a guy who doesn't believe in luck nor coincidences.
And by the way, I also liked the little implication of having him dead in his own Well. Guess this is the closest you will get to a perfect definition of "being dead inside".

As for Hondoumachi, I'm enjoying her character more and more. She's doing a quite decent job so far and I'm really curious to know how she will handle this new Well-in-Well situation. I only wish they could have been a bit more creative with her ID Well outfit tho -.-

Overall, it was another thrilling episode. Of course, Momoki being accused of being John Walker came so out of nowhere it's almost impossible for it not to be a setup. The real question is who framed him and although the chief seems hella suspicious, I hope the series don't be this predictable.
Feb 10, 2020 11:55 PM

Oct 2008
w0w! surprisingly intense episode!!!
5/5!

Feb 11, 2020 4:43 AM

May 2019
Damn, interesting. The themes and characters become more intriguing as the series unfolds

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Feb 11, 2020 12:42 PM

Aug 2018
Good Episode
7/10
Feb 11, 2020 1:07 PM

Apr 2017
brutaka3 said:
Something that I read: episode 3 was the only one where Kaeru had lines and in the credits she didn't appeared as Kaeru but Kiki Asukai, the last victim of the Challenger and also the owner of the well inside Narihisago's well. I guess things will get even more interesting in the next episodes.

Oooh nice touch.

Really loving this series.
It reminds me of how I felt watching the first Psycho-Pass.
Feb 11, 2020 3:49 PM
Apr 2012
Like many others, I also think the old dude is behind everything but that would be too obvious. We will see ^^

This anime is getting me excited!
Feb 11, 2020 3:52 PM

Jun 2016
seriously this is the best detective so far probaby this year !!!

i loved this show
Feb 12, 2020 1:39 AM

Jul 2012
Momoki is probably framed. His reaction just shows he has no idea wtf just happened lol.

Also me:
Feb 12, 2020 3:45 AM
Feb 2020
Tbh, Momoki being John Walker seems like he's being framed rather than actual evidence. I mean there really isn't enough to conclude that he is John Walker considering that one body in his yard is like all the evidence they have. However, I seem to be the only one that believes that Momoki is ACTUALLY John Walker, and here's why. If you look through the ending (which can surprisingly give you a lot of information), you can see that every character in the show has their face clearly shown but the top half of Momoki's head seems to be covered by black, potentially showing that he is not who we think he is. Considering he was just arrested for being John Walker, I honestly believe that they have caught the right guy.
Feb 12, 2020 5:55 AM

Jul 2012
PoisonousPotage said:
Tbh, Momoki being John Walker seems like he's being framed rather than actual evidence. I mean there really isn't enough to conclude that he is John Walker considering that one body in his yard is like all the evidence they have. However, I seem to be the only one that believes that Momoki is ACTUALLY John Walker, and here's why. If you look through the ending (which can surprisingly give you a lot of information), you can see that every character in the show has their face clearly shown but the top half of Momoki's head seems to be covered by black, potentially showing that he is not who we think he is. Considering he was just arrested for being John Walker, I honestly believe that they have caught the right guy.
But this is a mystery anime. It cannot be THAT easy for the main culprit to be caught especially so early on in the anime.
Feb 12, 2020 7:57 AM

Oct 2018
Great episode! I watched this instead of episode 4 accidentally, but I didn't notice at all 😂
Feb 15, 2020 5:05 PM

Aug 2016
Another great episode. I’m so confused about Momoki. Must be framed.
Feb 16, 2020 2:05 AM

Aug 2015
Ah fuck I'm loving this show so much. The synopsis pulled me in and the show completely lived up so far. I marathoned all available episodes in one sitting.

Love the overall ambiance. Love the shorter mysteries of the individual serial killers with the overhanging threat of the main villain who made them that way, much like Psycho-Pass. Love the urge to kill detection tech - also much like Psycho-Pass. The mind dives are all really cool creative ways of illustrating the subconscious and unraveling them.

The art style was the only thing that didn't land with me at first (long ass eyes) but I've grown accustomed to it.
Feb 16, 2020 9:43 AM

Oct 2017
Well well this turned into a mess quickly. Narihisago's well was interesting and now he's gonna dive into Momoki's well. Let's see what's happening inside Momoki's consciousness.
Feb 18, 2020 4:18 AM

Apr 2012
deg said:
damn im loving our loli detective now

and a dream within a dream? inception much?

Yeah, this series is starting to resemble inception more and more. I would not be surprised if at the end of the series an intrigue appears in the style of "dream or reality".
Feb 20, 2020 4:58 PM

Oct 2018
did the police really think someone like John Walker would be idiot?
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Mar 10, 2020 6:23 AM

Feb 2019
watching this show makes me feel like big brain
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Mar 10, 2020 6:40 PM
Aug 2016
This is getting more interesting now. A well within a well! Haha
Mar 19, 2020 8:59 PM
Nov 2018
well damn i had some feeling momoki was kinda suspect, but very interesting that he is john walker. not sure if this is a set up or not, but very interesting. gotta see momoki's side of things
Mar 25, 2020 10:19 PM

Feb 2015
Nirihisago’s well was interesting, despite looking like a sane man, he’s a mess inside, lot of things, Muku’s murder, his wife’s suicide and his revenge, but, the well machine is relating his past with his present, apparently, the cognitive particles are from the moment and the well shouldn’t evolve, but it did. I don’t think that Momoki is guilty, so, as everyone said in the past, Hayaseura is a big suspect for being John Walker, his reasons, unknown, but he knows about the mizuhanome from the beginning and a lot about serial killers. So, now, why pi.
Apr 19, 2020 6:46 PM

Apr 2016
So Hondomachi was put in charge of this case. Makes sense. It is Sakaido's well after all.

Man, no way. Was Momoki actually behind the serial killings as John Walker? If that's the case, then damn. I still have a small sliver of hope for him though.
Jun 11, 2020 1:52 PM

Feb 2012
Normal reaction from Narihisago.
Who wouldn't want to kill the mofo that killed your daugther brutally and caused the suicide of your wife.
couldn't he have provoked him and claimed self defense instead ?
"why is she the only one with a full name ? " LMAO exactly my reaction
And so it seems Hijirido unlike Sakaido don't try to help people.
pretty obvious framing

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Jun 14, 2020 7:54 AM

Jan 2011
This show is getting very dramatic.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 9, 2020 2:32 AM

Jul 2015
Unexpected turn in the case but I definitely don't think it's Momoki who is the real John walker, pretty sure it's a setup from some higher up (I suspect chief Hayaseura based on appearance). Pretty impressive to discover the sequence thing being related to Pi and that relating back to Muku's dead, seemed bit farfetched for anyone normal to figure that out.

Jul 18, 2020 10:26 PM

Feb 2019
That was unexpected. Momoki's definitely being framed, I think.

Sad to hear about Narihisago's wife. It's been rather blurry, but it seems clear now that his daughter was brutally murdered and then his wife committed suicide after it. There's just so much one man can handle...
Aug 13, 2020 6:59 AM

Oct 2016
I really like Hondomachi and Miyo Hijiriido is even cooler. So we finally see Narihisago's well huh and there's a Mizuhanome inside his well and now Miyo will go inside a well inside a well lmao.

Momoki is obviously being framed, it would be too obvious if the chief is John Walker hopefully it's not the case and it's someone very unexpected. And Wakashika just damn casually calculating 10th of miliions of pi digits jeez.
Aug 21, 2020 3:13 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Crazy. This episode was insane. Firstly, its cute, cause its the first time of Hondomachi began her career as another 'Sakaido' on Ido world. However, since she was designed to be so curious. Even her curiosity was beyond the limit, once again, i am frustating with her acted. Narihisago side of plot just kept secret, and received more bright point. His Ido contained such a mere mystery. A cockpit. So, Hondomachi just could create another Ido beyond the Ido. Holy fuck loop scenes on the next episode, i believed.

About the John Walker shit. My guess from the previous one still on point. But, i may felt something fishy. I smelt some conspiracy. Otherwise, without knowing whatever the fuck had happened with that director situations, even with the reason of that 'phi' revelations in the end. Let just ended up that obvious confussion and move on to another episode!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 26, 2020 11:06 AM

Dec 2008
Another Hondoumachi-centered episode makes me realize that I would much rather watch the drill guy go through other people's wells and try to make sense of them with his warped worldview. I don't care about Hijiriido and the condescending "it's not my duty to save you" rubbed me the wrong way too. Just give me more Sakaido or even more interaction between the criminals in jail with him, I feel like there would be some interesting things going on there.

Momoki is 100% being framed if he doesn't have DID, why did they even search his house all of a sudden
Dec 8, 2020 7:12 AM

Jul 2017
Didn't find it thrilling, exciting or that well written like the others here but I will say, there is more to care for in this episode than in the previous ones for sure. Momoki getting framed like that definitely adds a little bit more to the storyline as a whole. Hondomachi seems capable of diving into id wells, especially since she can handle someone like Narihisago's.
Feb 8, 2021 8:38 PM

Mar 2010
Is it seriously Momoki. Im still a tiny bit confused of what is happening.
Feb 25, 2021 4:44 PM
Dec 2020
This episode was a LOT to take in, considering all the twists on the plot it included, I mean even one of the investigators had the creator of the Mizuhanome buried in his backyard!

I really look forward to what diving into a well, inside of a well will lead to aswell, overall this episode was quite enjoyable IMO.
May 3, 2021 4:13 AM

Jan 2021
I guess we’re gonna go see what’s inside Momokes well but the old boss man doesn’t seem right I’m suspicious of him he was to quick to agree I think he might be Jhon walker but will see

Jul 10, 2021 1:52 PM

Mar 2013
they search a guy that enter to multiple serial killer hideout casualy and even install camera to spy on them, surely he wouldn't be able to put a costume or hide a body in someone house /s
Jul 21, 2021 5:58 AM
Dec 2017
This show honestly just keeps upping the ante in quality and style the more it progresses.

May 11, 2022 4:59 AM

Jul 2011
So they couldn't follow the camera's trails with the Challenger but this time it leads to Momoki ?
Also the body of the missing inventor was buried in his garden.
Oh and the costume is right here too.

Over the top frame job much ?
Jun 3, 2022 1:01 AM

Jan 2016
Momoki is probably not John Walker. What if it's Sakaido?
Oct 28, 2022 5:25 PM

Sep 2014
Im not getting any sleep tonight, this show is just too addictive

When John Walker appeared for the first time I thought he looked like the chief, he is high enough up to cover his tracks
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 9, 2022 9:14 PM

Oct 2022
This ep gave us how Sakaido killed the challenger by straight up bathing him with lead. To be fair, he has all the reason to do what he did. It is wrong, he knows it, But if we are on his shoes, we might have done the same or probably worse.
Jul 3, 2023 10:06 PM

Sep 2015
This has to be a set up, there is no way the director is John walker.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

May 7, 2:27 AM

Dec 2022
Momoki framed with planted evidence, obviously. The chief guy is proactive enough about restricting any tech that could be used to find "John Walker" within Kura as is, but now he's also trying to rid the organisation itself of figures who were looking into the old Challenger case too, as it would otherwise serve as a key lead into the person overseeing the other serial killers.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Id:Invaded Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2020

203 by Archean-Return »»
May 7, 5:12 PM

Poll: » Id:Invaded Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2020

101 by Archean-Return »»
May 7, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Id:Invaded Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2020

120 by Archean-Return »»
May 7, 3:13 PM

Poll: » Id:Invaded Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2020

136 by Archean-Return »»
May 7, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Id:Invaded Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2020

83 by Archean-Return »»
May 7, 3:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.