Apr 5, 2019 4:18 PM

Oct 2013
A Place Further Than The Universe
Yuru Camp
K-on
Endro
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid-Dragon
Blend S

And probably a few more that I can't recall properly.
Apr 5, 2019 4:21 PM
Jul 2018
Gabriel Dropout A cast of asshole and idiots interacting is just perfect. Gabriel is one of my favorite characters, period.
Apr 5, 2019 4:32 PM
Swallowtail

Feb 2014
azzuRe said:
Kurosawa-san said:
My absolute favourite is Love Live. Even tho it's not a pure CGDCT, I couldn't not mention it here.
Apart from that, my second pick would be Yuru Yuri.

Idol anime like Love Live or Idolm@ster is in its essence a CGDCT, part of Iyashikei (healing) anime genre.
Also, when it comes to the CGDCT trope I'm more prefered to lighthearted silly comedy and this far the one that grow so much with me is Yuru Yuri and Milky Holmes. They're both has something unique compared to tons of others out there.

Yuru Yuri often employs dimensional breaker into the 4th wall and react very well to their fandom meme, things like invisible protagonist, staged opening sequence, etc. It was really a hidden gem when it was first aired, over time it only gets more popular due how internet culture works.

On the other hand Milky Holmes often goes under the radar because of how it appears like a young demographic show at first glance (shows like precure, pripara, etc.) while it was actually more towards the 'moe' fags crowds. I would put it on the same level of Teekyuu.

Ohh, I totally agree with your opinion on Yuru Yuri. I didn't see Milky Holmes, but I will definitely check it out now.

The reason I specified Love Live as not being 'pure' CGDCT is that I find it has more drama and tension that majority CGDCT do.
Apr 5, 2019 4:46 PM

Oct 2009
Kurosawa-san said:
azzuRe said:

Idol anime like Love Live or Idolm@ster is in its essence a CGDCT, part of Iyashikei (healing) anime genre.
Also, when it comes to the CGDCT trope I'm more prefered to lighthearted silly comedy and this far the one that grow so much with me is Yuru Yuri and Milky Holmes. They're both has something unique compared to tons of others out there.

Yuru Yuri often employs dimensional breaker into the 4th wall and react very well to their fandom meme, things like invisible protagonist, staged opening sequence, etc. It was really a hidden gem when it was first aired, over time it only gets more popular due how internet culture works.

On the other hand Milky Holmes often goes under the radar because of how it appears like a young demographic show at first glance (shows like precure, pripara, etc.) while it was actually more towards the 'moe' fags crowds. I would put it on the same level of Teekyuu.

Ohh, I totally agree with your opinion on Yuru Yuri. I didn't see Milky Holmes, but I will definitely check it out now.

The reason I specified Love Live as not being 'pure' CGDCT is that I find it has more drama and tension that majority CGDCT do.

Milky Holmes comedy is more of a hit or miss, if you watched Endro last season Milky Holmes is like that, but much-much weirder, lol. Some parts are more like ojii-san jokes. Some example like:
azzuReApr 5, 2019 4:54 PM
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Apr 6, 2019 8:39 AM
Swallowtail

Feb 2014
azzuRe said:
Kurosawa-san said:

Milky Holmes comedy is more of a hit or miss, if you watched Endro last season Milky Holmes is like that, but much-much weirder, lol. Some parts are more like ojii-san jokes. Some example like:

Dammit, you didn’t lie, it’s extra weird x)
I can dig it.
Apr 6, 2019 8:46 AM

Aug 2013
gochiusa
non non biyori
hidamari sketch (surprised I don't see anyone mention this)
yuru yuri
k-on
girls und panzer
sabagebu
haifuri
Apr 6, 2019 8:51 AM

Nov 2016
Since I see many random titles here I will also include Haibane Renmei xD

Then there are also

Aria
K-On!
Azumanga

Without a doubt the three top tier title for me.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 6, 2019 3:06 PM
Jul 2018
Two of my favorite anime of all time are Azumanga Daioh and K-On! They are both funny and heart-warming and I love them.
Apr 6, 2019 3:21 PM

Dec 2017
Seitokai Yakuindomo

Flying Witch
Yuru Camp
Yuru Yuri
Apr 6, 2019 3:25 PM

May 2017
azumanga diaoh is the greatest one1
Apr 6, 2019 3:38 PM

Dec 2017
1) asobi asobase
2) wataten
3) New game

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Apr 6, 2019 7:01 PM

Feb 2019
Gakkougurashi & Girls und Panzer are my Fav

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Apr 6, 2019 7:09 PM
Jul 2018
I like the heck out of girls und panzer, cause nothing is cuter than a lil tankery. Kaboom-boom-booom. Zombie Land Saga and Ms. Vampire who lives in my neighborhood were charming as well.

alshu said:
Does the one with the WWII planes count?

Not the one with the propeller feets and the constant panty shots stupidity - the other one with the real planes and the constant aerial battles.

Kotobuki? If so , then yes... I like that one as well.
Apr 6, 2019 7:58 PM

Aug 2016
If we try to get a bit broad with the term (wich means, for example, not necesarily moe) my personal top would go like this:

1. Dead dead Demon dededede Destruction
2. Madoka
3. Maid Dragon
4. Watamote (manga, since it turned into a CGDCT manga during the school trip arc)
5. LWA (TV series)

6. K-on
7. Oniisama e...
8. Hanamaru Yochien
9. New game
10. Gabriel Dropout.

11. Joshikausei (manga)
12. Attack no.1 (this might get higher as soon as I finish it)
13. Wataten
14. Chio chan

MichaelJacksonApr 30, 2019 10:59 PM
:v
Apr 6, 2019 8:11 PM

Sep 2014
I love the characters in K-on!. Easily my favorite.
Apr 6, 2019 8:14 PM

Sep 2015
Gakkougurashi
Madoka Magica
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
Apr 6, 2019 8:25 PM

Aug 2016
Peak: Girls und panzer
Franchise: Sora Yori

HM: K-on, Aria, Sabage-bu
Apr 6, 2019 9:22 PM

Jul 2017
Personally I'd say New Game is my favorite but there are plenty of good ones!
Apr 6, 2019 10:17 PM

Jul 2016
DUDE, THIS IS MY JAM!

In no specific order, my favorite ones would be:
-Asobi Asobase
-Comic Girls
-Kiniro Mosaic
-Konohana Kitan
-New Game!
-Non Non Biyori
-Sore ga Seiyuu!
-Yama no Susume
-Yuru Camp△

And although I didn't enjoy them that much, some honorable mentions would be:
-Gabriel DropOut
-Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?
-Hinako Note
-K-On!
-Koufuku Graffiti
-Lucky☆Star
-Mitsuboshi Colors
-Yuru Yuri
Apr 6, 2019 10:27 PM

Jul 2017
Non Non Biyori and Yuru Camp are on top there without a doubt. They are the most comfy shows that you can ask. An actual cure for depression.

Once we realize it, everything will fall into place
Our hearts calling to the future with all their might
We'll move forward, holding each other's shaking hands
Apr 6, 2019 10:40 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Definitely Yuru Camp and then Shirobako.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 6, 2019 10:50 PM
Jan 2012
Mine is the Junji Ito Collection. It's just so cute.

...also Yuyushiki. Wasn't that good compared to a lot of other shows, but I jokingly hit on my friend so it was fun seeing that
Apr 7, 2019 5:33 AM

Aug 2015
Personally I don't like to use the "CGDCT" term that much, when talking about slice of life anime with mainly female cast as that definition would be too broad and loosely defined for me.

It doesn't automatically account for anime with all female cast but that's still not slice of life, so it's confusing (for example Hibike! Euphonium isn't slice of life but it's still cute girls doing band drama and Madoka Magica isn't slice of life but it's cute girls doing suffering)

I actually rather like to split slice of life anime to 4 categories: character driven slice of life, gag driven slice of life, drama slice of life, and iyashikei (healing anime). There can of course be overlapping between these categories depending on the anime.

But ye some of my favorite anime with {mainly all female cast are Madoka Magica, Aria The Origination, Hidamari Sketch, Non Non Biyori, K-on!!, Hibike! Euphonium, Joshiraku
Apr 7, 2019 6:01 AM

May 2018
Grizzziff said:

Kotobuki? If so , then yes...

Yep, Kirie being the best pilot but also the dumbest member of the squad, Kate beating her only with tactics, permanent quarrels with the other dumbest member Chika was hilariously cute.
Apr 7, 2019 8:22 AM

Jul 2017
Aria and Yuru Camp are my top 2 favorite.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Apr 7, 2019 9:38 AM
Mar 2018
Thank you so much everyone for your replies :)
Apr 7, 2019 9:55 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Acchi Kocchi
Blend S

does these count?

Other than that
Love Lab
K-on
Aria franchise.
Apr 7, 2019 10:24 AM

Nov 2007
My pick would be two series. One contains Ms. Expert of Happiness' Ho~He~'s following every hazukashii serifu kinshi ever existed and the kouhai-chan's dekkai tsukkomi. The other is the HTT. The friggin' HTT. Literally HTT. There are other shows though but these two are just unbelievable. If humanity is ever in a crisis of its identity, I will pass a bill in the UN resolutions to use these two anime on the humanity to give it the grim reminder of what it once were.

In a more broader perspective, most of the shows of a certain studio is delivered with CGDCT in them with extra bit of moe which adds one more reason for them to be my absolute favourite studio. Be it uguu~, be it vanishment this world, be it happy ice creams, be it kininarimasu, be it anpan, be it douzo! they find a way like no other studio, delivering CGDCT in a manner that should become a delivery practice certifited by ISO 9001.

Also worth mentioning is Nyanpasu~

Now sing we me!

Kokoro pyon pyon machi
Kangaeru furi shite mou chotto chikazuichae
Kantan ni wa oshie nai
Konna ni suki na koto wa naisho na no

Fuwa fuwa doki doki naisho desu yo
Hajime ga kanjin tsu~n da tsu~n da
Fuwa fuwa doki doki naisho datte
Itazura egao de pyon pyon

Btw, did I mention that Aishiteru Banzai!?

Ps. I don't consider the antics happening around that's Sakamoto-SAN for you as CGDCT because the BL-mangaka-in-the-making is just too OP for that sh!t. Also, maji yabaku ne is only possible for a CDDCT.

Ps2. What about Panzer vor?! That's not CGDCT. That's Cute Girls Doing T*** C****** i.e. CGDTC.

But anyways, ifyuicould successfully decipher all the references above then there would be no more CGDCT.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 7, 2019 2:27 PM

Jul 2015
Aikatsu and Smile Precure is my favorite if we add idol or action elements respectively, they have very CGDCT tone with the characters and their interactions together with having nice stories to deliver even more.

For more standard works of the genre, my favorite is Kiniro Mosaic, followed by GochiUsa, New Game, Gabriel DropOut and Comic Girls, I freaking love those five!

Apr 7, 2019 4:13 PM

Sep 2018
CGDCT has never been something I’m crazy about but Lucky Star will always have a special place in my heart man
Apr 7, 2019 5:17 PM

Apr 2017
Yuru Yuri and I NEED more
Honorable mention to Dragon Maid and Gabriel Dropout
Apr 7, 2019 7:18 PM

Jan 2016
Yuru Camp,
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou,
Nichijou,
Tamayura,
K-On!!,
Non Non Biyori,
Yuru Yuri.
They are on top of my list.
Apr 7, 2019 8:26 PM

Jun 2015
Aria, So Ra Wa No To and Nichijou are my favourites.
:)
Apr 7, 2019 9:47 PM
Jul 2018
logth and jojo are my favorite cgdcts
Apr 7, 2019 9:51 PM
Jul 2018
If Girls' Last Tour counts, then that would be my favorite. Absolutely brilliant.

The runner-up would be Yorimoi. Really great show.
Apr 8, 2019 1:30 AM

Sep 2018
Sora Yori, Yuru Camp, K-On, Umaru chan.

Please recommend me more :D
Apr 10, 2019 9:40 PM
May 2016
One of my favourite anime is New Game! but I wouldn't really consider that CGDCT, perse. Yeah, the girls are cute (sexy, even) but it's a workplace comedy where they're all just doing their job. I've heard the argument that New Game! is CGDCT, but I don't think it is.

If you want pure CGDCT, watch Hinako Note. I don't think my heart can take much more if I rewatch that again.
Apr 11, 2019 5:30 AM
Oct 2015
For me
Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho
Shirobako
Apr 11, 2019 5:35 AM
Apr 2014
Non Non Biyori and Yuru Camp. Not only cute but chill as heck.
Apr 11, 2019 5:45 AM

Jul 2016
Plastic Neesan is love

Plastic Neesan is life
Apr 11, 2019 6:03 AM

Oct 2010
Optigisa said:
Plastic Neesan is love

Plastic Neesan is life

^ sir, you have great taste, I reccomend the manga too. Too bad Keijo isn't cgdct.
Apr 11, 2019 6:13 AM

Jul 2016
Catalano said:
Optigisa said:
Plastic Neesan is love

Plastic Neesan is life

^ sir, you have great taste, I reccomend the manga too. Too bad Keijo isn't cgdct.

UwU thank you. I am going to start reading manga soon.
Apr 11, 2019 6:16 AM
Apr 2019
For me, it’s Yuru Camp, then sorayori
Apr 11, 2019 6:17 AM
Dec 2013
I think it might be New Game. All the girls in it are adults, though. I also enjoyed stuff like Gabriel DropOut, Yuru Camp, Sansha Sanyou, Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka?, Kiniro Mosaic, Slow Start, and Comic Girls.
wildhoodApr 12, 2019 1:25 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Which big name anime(s) were you late watching or still haven't watched?

IpreferEcchi - 36 minutes ago

1 by Rhae »»
1 minute ago

» Blu-ray is an outdated metric, Streaming services are the new standard

solacez - 1 hour ago

9 by solacez »»
4 minutes ago

» Would you watch AI anime?

solacez - 2 hours ago

12 by solacez »»
6 minutes ago

» Say, how does an anime look like on an HD CRT television from the early to mid 2000's or a rear projection TV manufactured around the same time period?

MaximumHolder500 - 14 minutes ago

0 by MaximumHolder500 »»
14 minutes ago

» What are your Anime Hot Takes

solacez - 2 hours ago

9 by solacez »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.