Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2018 10:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Goemon really needs more attention in this show so I'm glad he got his spotlight this time.

Meanwhile, Lupin and Ami deal with business together. Damn, Fujiko looks even more sexier than usual. Not going to lie, I think she looked both charming and vulnernable being in that birdcage.

Lupin vs Goemon was pretty cool even if it wasn't too long.
Sep 4, 2018 1:03 PM

Aug 2016
Awesome episode, love the use of old footage for the history of Lupin & Goemon.
That reveal at the end, didn't see it coming, it's a good twist.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Sep 4, 2018 2:19 PM
Jul 2018
Such a powerful episode, took more crazy turns than I initially anticipated and episode finished like a flash. Like on the older times, Goemon's battle of wit weakness problem now played by Enzo and this time went too deeper playing with his dirty trick (by using privacy power) and that death battle between Lupin vs Goemon was something to watch and this time Lupin didn't last long.. but damn that music made everything so Epic! (and the old remastered footage was also nostalgic to watch). Goemon did killed alot of opponents in past but this one hitted him hard mentally for getting defeated by his own weakness.. (kind of brings me of Goemon blood spray movie's situation) Also seems like Enzo was also targeting Jigen into similar mind game but darn episode ended with another big twist which revelation actually did came out nicely without shock factor to me (since we were given some bit hint earlier).

The PV seems to highlight next episode is going to be deep episode..
removed-userSep 4, 2018 2:34 PM
Sep 4, 2018 3:49 PM

Sep 2011
This episode was intense and it really made you stop and think about the characters, how they see each other, and even what they think of themselves, it was really good. They are fearsome when they are in sync, but I guess that doubts and rifts can bring even the strongest down, I loved it, and I know that the writers are just playing with my feelings, but this arc is feeling really conclusive.

I also wasn't expecting Ami to be Enzo's daughter before this episode, I wonder if I lost some clue that pointed to this somewhere, but well, I also wasn't expecting her to know it, but being as smart as she is, it's no surprise, I'm just a bit worried with what's going to happen now. Goemon was truly shocked after he realized what he did too, I hope his first aid was top-notch. And also, Fujiko was great!
FayrinSep 19, 2019 1:26 PM
Sep 4, 2018 5:13 PM

Sep 2008
Must admit this is probably one of the best Lupin III anime I've seen of the franchise thus far. The larger focus on advancing technology and how Lupin and his gang adapt to it have added some fresh story elements and challenges for the series, especially with the addition of Ami to the whole thing. It's also helping to add some new perspectives on the relationships that Lupin and pals have with one another. Wouldn't be far-fetched for me to even admit this may be one of the best anime I've seen for 2018 thus far as well too.
Sep 5, 2018 2:31 AM

Apr 2012
Wow. I don't have words to describe how amazed I am by the path this arc is taking. The characters and their relationship is the number 1 reason I love this franchise so much and see the subject being discussed like this is just exactly what I could've wished for. In the beginning of this season I was thinking that maybe only Fujiko x Lupin relation would get the spotlight (which I would love anyway), but I was mistaken, yay.
I really loved everything in this episode; besides the whole Goemon thing, I loved the remastered old scenes, Fujiko talking about Lupin's nature (they went pretty deep boi)... I'm dying to see now how things will go with Jigen.

Also, a little bit on the theory side: the way things are going, the way (mostly) Jigen keeps talking about how the world has changed and maybe they are not fitted to be successful thieves anymore...... It feels like we are going in the direction of the end. The end of Lupin, not just this season. But well, I know this is most likely to not be the case and I am just overthinking u-u But I wanted to share the thought; maybe someone also feels like me? Hahaha

Ugh, having to wait one more week is surely a pain t.t
Sep 5, 2018 2:45 AM

Oct 2008
Oh My God! What a friggin' shocking twist! Really!? Ami is Enzo's daughter after all!?!?
This episode was perfect because of that revelation!
5/5.

Sep 5, 2018 1:30 PM
May 2015
An interesting episode, showcasing that Lupin and Goemon are both friends and rivals. Enjoyed seeing previous records of the two's encounters.

I guess it was about time Lupinand his friends started evaluating themselves after so many years.

Mar 27, 2019 1:01 AM

Oct 2012
That Nanja Monja brothers, what a zoi zoi zoi xD

"EU is looking to tighten its internet regulations"
Oh no Article 13

I don't think Enzo could be described as "pure"
Zantetsuken can't cut Konjac though xD

I'd say they're all not partners, but pals
But what is partners or pals? :P
They didn't stuck together, they decided to stick together
Part 1-5 is a long journey, they've been through a lot
"Signature removed"
Nov 17, 2019 1:04 AM

Mar 2014
They really made Ami being the guy's daughter twist obvious at the start. The second they mentioned his missing daughter I knew it was her. It's always the main heroine in anime...

More melodrama which ends up in Lupin close to death (again). I mean did they really have to cut each other up in the heart of the lion's den?
May 17, 2020 10:45 AM

Jul 2009
I love how they reference the old Lupin clips from old Parts.

But now, it seems Goemon was able to "beat" Lupin.

And Ami being Enzo's daughter was kinda obvious at the beginning. Especially how Enzo knew about Funny Bear and Dragon Baby. Even knew about Underworld. They also both have the same hair color.

2 more episodes!!
Oct 16, 2020 6:57 PM
Nov 2018
Omg I thought they would reveal ami and enzo’s relationship next episode, pleasantly surprised! Also lupin taking that slash from goemon. Also fujiko’s love. Damn dude
Jul 24, 2021 6:06 AM

Nov 2016
So Enzo is indeed the father, lol.

And there she is, the episode highlighting the bond between Lupin and Goemon.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 31, 2022 9:27 AM

Feb 2012
What an ending, that was quite a twist.

Lupin vs. Goemon was entertaining, but I'm a bit disappointed that Enzo was able to manipulate Goemon so easily. Lupin is surely geting wounded a lot this season, much more than previously, and it usually looks life-threatening from bleeding alone, even if no vital organs have been hit.
Mar 23, 2022 4:39 AM

Jul 2016

FMmatron said:
So Enzo is indeed the father, lol.

And there she is, the episode highlighting the bond between Lupin and Goemon.

One of the more obvious twists going round.
Mar 26, 2023 2:11 AM
Sep 2007
Goemon apparently reminded himself a duel form the Green Jacket series. It took a while.

Good news, we found Amy's father. Bad news is - he's on the opposite side. Wonder how's that gonna end up, because I doubt it would be happy family reunion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 5 Episode 12 Discussion

Fayrin - Aug 9, 2018

6 by somethingican »»
Jun 1, 7:48 PM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 5 Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2018

22 by SleepingBear »»
Apr 20, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 5 Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 8, 2018

44 by SleepingBear »»
Mar 27, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 5 Episode 11 Discussion

vigorousjammer - Aug 8, 2018

11 by St0rmblade »»
Dec 28, 2023 2:43 PM

Poll: » Lupin III: Part 5 Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2018

38 by OfficialGothBF »»
Jun 5, 2023 7:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.