Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 29, 2018 4:14 AM
Feb 2018
I just finished watching Plastic Memories and it literally just teared apart my heart. After the ending and credits, there is a cliffhanger that shows Tsukasa new partner. I honestly believe that it's Isla. So I believe that it's still possible for a season 2, so what do u guys think?
Aug 29, 2018 4:18 AM

Apr 2018
I dropped that show long time ago. But from what you said, it sounds like the ending, "depends on your imagination" type of ending. Pretty common in anime world and korean drama.
Aug 29, 2018 4:23 AM

Jun 2017
i think it is not possible
the reason i could not think
it is an good anime with interesting story but they end it and it is an Original Anime
Aug 29, 2018 4:33 AM
Jul 2017
Most likely not, the ending is made for people to think that its going to be a new Season 2. Protag getting a new partner? Gotta stay in touch and buy stuff, manga the light novel etc. that's why they did that ending.
Also it's a original Anime with no source whatsoever So yeah I think no Season2, sadly though I liked it pretty much. :)
Aug 29, 2018 5:07 AM

Feb 2013
the anime had meh sales so not likely...

all plastic memories left, you can go read the manga, or learn japanese and play the visual novel which "Besides anime's ending, the game also features two original endings."
Aug 29, 2018 5:09 AM

Nov 2017
We'd be better off without it and it would kind of ruin your experience with the show.
Aug 29, 2018 6:50 AM
Jul 2018
nah there is no way it will get another season
Aug 29, 2018 8:06 AM

Jan 2017
I'd guess that it is pretty unlikely to get a second season.

Aug 29, 2018 9:51 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
As much as I'd like to see a second season, I doubt we'll ever get it.
Unless the game introduced some new mechanic, it would be impossible for her the way she was in the anime to receive a permanent happy ending.

Aug 29, 2018 9:57 AM

Jul 2017
Nah it's an original so there's no "source material" to continue the story, plus all the conflicts resolved so a second season wouldn't really continue off of anything (except maybe the ambiguous ending)

It's like Charlotte's ending. Gives you enough info for it to be conclusive yet still leaves it open for imagination
Aug 29, 2018 10:10 AM

Nov 2016
I'm a big fan too, but personally I don't want to see a second season, it would make the whole story meaningless.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 29, 2018 10:18 AM

Sep 2011
I think its ending is kinda conclusive enough though.

Aug 29, 2018 10:23 AM

Jan 2016
It's not the sort of series that needs a direct continuation in my opinion. The open nature I think is a fine ending, you can either see it as he meets Isla again or he's grown because he knew her and is moving on, whichever you prefer.

I might enjoy a different story set in the same universe, since I'm not sure the possibilities of this setting are completely exhausted, especially since the series ended up being more about the romance and less about the emotions of people dealing with the androids needing to leave, but I think most of the main characters had a satisfying story and conclusion.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Aug 29, 2018 10:24 AM
Jul 2018
Doubt it. I'm fine either way to be honest.

I thought the ending was perfect but if there is a second season, you bet your tie I'll be there.
Aug 29, 2018 10:27 AM
Feb 2018
Not a chance, besides the fuzzy feeling that the ending gives rescues the show from being a really average show.
Aug 29, 2018 11:55 AM
Jul 2018
UpperReal said:
I just finished watching Plastic Memories and it literally just teared apart my heart. After the ending and credits, there is a cliffhanger that shows Tsukasa new partner. I honestly believe that it's Isla. So I believe that it's still possible for a season 2, so what do u guys think?

I have a huge doubt.
It's super rare for anime romcoms to get a sequel.
Also, they might ruin it if they try to do more.
Aug 29, 2018 12:24 PM

May 2009
It ended rather conclusively, but I guess they could do something else with the same setting elements.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Sep 10, 2018 8:49 AM

Feb 2018
It is ending so most impossible will get seasson 2 i think original adaption hard to get seasson 2 adaptation.
Sep 28, 2018 10:46 PM
Aug 2018
I believe that they will make a Season 2 because it stabbed my heart and left me hanging in the end... this anime deserves a Season 2 and that teaser in the end I wish that the story will go on... Please Do A Season 2 We Would Really Appreciate it....
Oct 20, 2018 2:52 AM
Oct 2018
i’ll be satisfied if they made an ova.
Oct 22, 2018 5:07 AM

Oct 2018
I feel that getting a second season would make the anime go downhill, the ending is perfect and should not be altered, in the end, we all know the new partner shown was Isla, however, it won't be the same since the new Isla would probably have a different personality, it would be bad to have a tsundere Isla or a yandere Isla.

Dec 22, 2018 4:34 AM
Feb 2018
Reneee said:
Most likely not, the ending is made for people to think that its going to be a new Season 2. Protag getting a new partner? Gotta stay in touch and buy stuff, manga the light novel etc. that's why they did that ending.
Also it's a original Anime with no source whatsoever So yeah I think no Season2, sadly though I liked it pretty much. :)

You are wrong, Plastic Memories is a original anime, not adopted or etc.
So buying the manga or etc. is worthless ;)
Apr 9, 2019 12:39 AM
May 2018
ye their is no season 2 for this anime sadly.
“If to be truthful is to be cruel, then lying must surely be an act of kindness. And so, kindness is a lie.”
Apr 9, 2019 12:54 PM
Apr 2019
Nah its impossible there will be no season 2 it will just ruin the story of the anime
Jun 7, 2019 1:40 AM
Jun 2019
i loved plastic memory i think the ending was sad but i think he meets isla again in the end so there is no need for the second season.
Aug 12, 2019 6:32 AM

Apr 2017
I very much hope not. The open ending would be totally ruined if they did it again.
Also, where would the story go? I think the intent was met and a second season would just be forced.
Awoo :3
Aug 21, 2019 11:48 PM

May 2019
popei said:
i’ll be satisfied if they made an ova.

Would be nice, for example, surprisingly they had no BEACH or HOT SPRING fanservice episode to complete ruin the already-hard-to-keep tone.

Pff, and some souless reviewers giving it 4... imagine if it was a 24 episode series.
Rob7Aug 22, 2019 8:35 AM
Aug 22, 2019 12:25 AM

Feb 2019
bringing her back would kinda defeat the whole point of the ending.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Mar 12, 2020 6:28 AM
Mar 2020
I think it's possible a sesason 2 of "Plastic Memories"
Mar 12, 2020 7:59 AM

Jan 2018
Watched plastic memories a long time ago and I also really wanted a second season for it back then. But thinking about it now, I don't think I'd enjoy a second season as much as the first one.
The first season was interesting to me and long enough as well. The ending was pretty much up to our own imagination which in this anime, wasn't a bad thing in my opinion. I think a second season would pretty much drag the story on for too long which might ruin it.
Mar 12, 2020 8:16 AM

Jun 2016
If blade runner can get a sequel, why can't its japanese melodramatic cousin? But if they really want to follow blade runner they have to release it in 2050, 35 years after the original.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Apr 5, 2020 1:18 PM
Dec 2019
It would be sooo cool and nice to have a second season, but just an OAV or a movie could be nice too ! Just want to see more Isla lol
Apr 5, 2020 1:44 PM

Aug 2018
I'd definitely watch a second season even though there's a pretty good chance of it just being glorified fanfiction to give us that happy end we crave. There was a lot of concepts the first just kinda glossed over. I can imagine season 2 with more focus on action with a revitalized Isla being a badass fighter - who of course gradually regains her memories because if that doesn't happen, what is even the point?
Apr 6, 2020 3:09 PM
Apr 2020
Just posting here for the fun of it. Thought i should share my ideas.

Although there's the "good" ending in the game, The canon ending is that of the anime. I feel (Oddly, to some of you) That the anime's ending is better. The whole show tells you that nothing good lasts forever. The only thing that remains of the good times, will be the memories. Though, even memories fade. It would be kinda cheap if they turned it around in a memory expansion program. Though, If you wanted to continue with a season 2 (No isla...) with the same kind of theme, You could have Tsukasa's (of course he still works there) new partner want a bit more than a partner relationship. I doubt tsukasa will be up for that (Maybe even subconsciously.) seeing his experience with isla. This affects his work and his relationship with not only his new partner, but everyone else working with him.  They know that he needs to find a way to move on, to enjoy the now. 
Though at the end, he seemed like he moved on, Remember how long he held those tears in.
 The theme of season 2 being a direct sequel to that of season 1. Knowing all good things will end, or having experienced loss in the past, you need to learn to move on, to enjoy the present.

I know my season 2 isn't perfect (probably not viable) But it was still fun to share here. (I'm contempt with 1 season)

Ps. I know that many people don't want to move on from isla (Believe me, i don't either) but neither does tsukasa. I think that'll help connect the viewers with some of our characters. The themes of these seasons are relatable too. We've all lost something precious to us. And we all are or are in the process of getting over it, getting back to the way it was, enjoying what life has to offer, to its fullest. If you can't relate to tsukasa, you can relate to his new partner. Someone close to you is going through hard times. You want to help them, but only make it worse. Later, when you find out it's your fault, and you're the reason he's hurting. You both come to a standstill. It's only when your friends step in,  (in this case, the rest of Tsukasa's co-workers and friends) and help both you and the other person through it.

Pps. I'll tell the story from the beginning.

After the events of season 1, Tsukasa is still under a facade. He puts that mask on, the one to hold the tears in. He wants to move on, but he's haunted by the still-fresh memories of his time with isla. Even given permission to move on, he still hurts. He may not even be conscious of it. It's when his new partner tries to move forward, perhaps into a relationship a little further than partners. Tsukasa has taken Isla's bench in the amusement park. His partner invites him on some of the rides. The ferris wheel is the main problem. He knows, deep down, that he doesn's want to feel that pain again. It begins breaking down his mask, showing some of the emotion deep inside. His partner sees his pain and she wants to help him. But she only ends up hurting him. They both hit rock bottom, coming to a standstill. It's only when the rest of tsukasa's co-workers step in. They show her that she's not all bad. Maybe staging a mission that seems hard but that she can definitely do. Something to help give her some confidence. She wants to get through to Tsukasa. He rejects all his other friends and his new partner too. Kazuki tells him the same thing she told Isla. If you reject them, the only memories they'll have of you are the cold, miserable ones. He dismisses her. Maybe his partner finds him at the amusement park, the way he always is, sitting on Isla's bench. He's thinking about quitting the job. His father would be furious and he would have no place to work. He doesn't care, He's stuck in the past. One last time, his partner invites him to the ferris wheel. Seeing the lights, the ones Him and Isla watched and the ones Isla breathed her last breaths in. She wanted the best for him. He knows he can't stay clinging to her, He has to let go. He looks back at his partner. He sees a bit of Isla in her. For a split moment, he sees Isla. She tells him, again, that it's okay to move on. That she'll always remember him. She never regretted that. "I hope, one day, that I'll be reunited with you." None of it is real, only his imagination, but to him, it means the world. He's finally ready to move on. To come back to the life he knew. The one with his friends and the one where Isla's a memory. The one that kept him going. One he'll never forget. He never has a romantic relationship with his new partner, showing that things will never be that same, but they become close friends, and he continues work, Making memories along the way.

Ppps. MY idea, not a prediction for a possible season 2.
Apr 8, 2020 8:45 PM

Mar 2018
I hope there's a second season! The first season really got me crying ahhh. And that never happens to me when I watch an anime.
lola uWu
Apr 25, 2020 9:23 AM

Apr 2019
Bluntly put, NO
And if you ask me, it would be better if there never comes a season 2, becuz that would kinda ruin the entire meaning of the last episode and the series itself. Besides, it's a pretty common type of end (where you might want the story to continue, but you know that it won't)
And about the last scene, I won't call it a cliffhanger since I know there's not going to be a sequel. One can say it's "use ur imagination" type of ending, but I believe it is pretty obvious that Tsukasa's next partner is Isla.
Rem is best girl
May 12, 2020 11:22 AM
May 2020
It is trumly impossible just calculate the time and still the end is too sad and here comes the incompréhension only giftias can reset the memories, how Tsukasa can even do it and the sentence I wish you could see again the ones that you cherished bro I know that I think the knew partner of tsukasa is Isla but without the memories first she’s a girl and still not so tall got the same uniform
May 12, 2020 11:24 AM

Jul 2019
Why would there be a season 2. The anime had a satisfactory ending and there is no need for season 2. It would ruin what the first season tried to show us
Jun 5, 2020 2:35 PM
Jun 2020
I think i love the season 1 of the anime plastic memories but i think in that ending of the last episode makes me feel I need to know who is Tsukasa's new partner , and i hope the season 2 will be make it , and is that my hope i need to know the true ending of thats new partner .
Hope you all I hope you all agree with me.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2015

536 by NimbleBard48 »»
Sep 14, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2015

207 by leodnz »»
Sep 9, 2:34 AM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

177 by SolaireSystem98 »»
Sep 4, 3:24 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2015

159 by SolaireSystem98 »»
Sep 4, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Plastic Memories Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 30, 2015

144 by SolaireSystem98 »»
Sep 4, 3:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.