Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jul 7, 2020 2:24 AM

Mar 2019
Took me 3 days to finish this episode lol, but yea I'm curious who wrote that letter.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Sep 6, 2020 3:07 PM

Mar 2010
Damn great episode felt like I was inside the anime, twas immersive asf.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 18, 2020 6:06 PM

Jan 2019
I really like the concept of the anime but depicting a minor the way they did is absolutely sickening
why am i plagued with furry jokes everywhere I go
Sep 30, 2020 4:52 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
You usually go to watch anime so that you can enjoy it and have a fun time. However I don't remember the last time I've been truly INTRIGUED by an anime, the basement in AOT perhaps? I just want to know more about this world man, why is that hole there and what lies within. My curiosity hasn't piqued this high in anime before.

I've been putting this off for awhile, I hear nothing but praise for this so I thought oh man just another overrated show. Finally watching this now because I want to see if that's all justified, and damn I think it is.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 6, 2020 12:02 AM

Aug 2018
I hope they start going down into the abyss soon
_______I like rocks__
Dec 27, 2020 7:42 AM

Aug 2018
It seems that Riko is quite enthusiastic girl sometimes.. Maybe that's her personality dominantly even, I'd say.. Genki girl, or something like that..
What?.. Losing your human appearance when returning from 6+ level?.. How does that work?.. ;D
Also Riko can be scientist by nature or something.. Well, knowing her mother was one - understandable..
Well, surprisingly Regu's legend worked out, and he got inside..
Eh, I guess, it's in line with Lyza's behavior really to abandon that bell and grab daughter instead.. She sounded like pretty selfish woman in her usual life, drinking a lot and whatnot, doing whatever the fuck she wanted.. So it's not too big of a surprise she'd choose to save her own genes, rather than discover some technology for her nation or whatever bell would do..
Well, story is getting somewhere, I guess.. More of a start for now..
World building is alright - we're getting different things about society, what they value, what are their norms, a bit teases about foreign countries, and them exploring abyss as well.. Also, by the way, "made in abyss" - (anime name) now sounds like "made in China", lol.. ;D Like.. Artificially made?.. Or what's the deal?.. Sounds like a bit of statement, like getting rid of the soul of person, who was made in there.. Or maybe it's just more broad, and that's why?.. Hm.. I mean, Riko was born in Abyss, you can say, right?.. As well as Regu might be the creation of Abyss as well.. As well as Abyss can change appearance of people on 6+ floors, kinda making them as well.. As well as all creatures that are born in there, are also kinda can be told as made in there.. So yeah..
And last thing.. Characters.. For now I wouldn't say that I like any characters too much.. Riko is alright, but that's it for now, like she's genki and stuff, but not my type or something, I guess.. Lyza sounds like someone who maybe I even won't like as a person.. But will see about that, of course.. I'd wish we'd get more likable characters, or to my type.. But seeing mains listed on MAL - it'll be mainly Regu and Riko, huh?.. By the way, now that I think about it.. Isn't it funny, how Regu is the dog name, who Riko had before?.. In that sense that I wonder, if leader might have caught into the familiar name, relating him to Riko.. Well, who knows..
Jan 6, 2021 2:50 AM

Aug 2018
Very great episode regarding the development of characters and explaining many things about abyss itself. Of course it has caught everyones eyes including mine, that naked punishment scene or that mention of metal genital. But I didn't come to watch this show for things like those so I will leave them to people who are more interested in that part of this anime. Theres just nothing surprising about that if you read that this show is R - 17 + and not some cartoon for 10 year old kids
Jan 20, 2021 5:59 PM

May 2020
Lyza is the girl in the OP right? She seems powerful. This episode was nice, the letter at the end tho
Feb 27, 2021 2:34 PM

May 2016
This mysterious vibe i can't get enough of it.
May 5, 2021 1:28 PM

Jul 2017
Solid buildup episode again, nice revelations too regarding a bit of Lyza's past and how Riko was born and regarding her being a child from the depths of the Abyss in a way. Plus, good to also learn more about the actual challenges at hand when dealing with tunneling down the Abyss with different levels causing different symptoms that would really put extreme strain on the body as you go further down. One thing that weirded me out was Riko's intense and detailed descriptions of Reg, to the point of describing his penis and asshole, but Riko's just drunk on her adventures and discoveries so I'm not surprised that she went into 'extreme' amounts of detail with her 'research'.

Now that Riko got to read the letter that Lyza seemingly sent from the bottom of the abyss, letting her kid know that she's waiting there, now the journey for the story will finally be making some progress to begin the whole adventure so can't wait to see the story kick into another gear with the next couple of episodes.
Aug 8, 2021 2:01 AM
Apr 2021
I think I could kinda piece stuff together now. The next episode is also titled 'Departure'. I wonder what it's about

The music is really catchy too, I love it 10/10
Aug 20, 2021 11:01 PM

Feb 2019
Lyza is a badass adventurer.

Reg is scribbled in her notes, she's waiting at the bottom of the Abyss.

LET'S GOOOOOO.

Also loli bondage.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Oct 30, 2021 1:14 AM

Jul 2020
Nice, so in this episode we got some information about her Mom. I have a feeling she's dead.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Nov 29, 2021 10:38 AM
Nov 2020
Riko was born while her mother was exploring the depths of the abyss? I guess you could say she was... Made in Abyss
Dec 9, 2021 6:57 PM

May 2019
I can't get over how well this is made.
It's cute with such dark undertones, geez.
Does no one question Reg's metal arms?
Lyza's a badass.
Okay, Riko was born in the abyss and her mom made notes about Reg. Dang...
There are so many things I have to know!
Feb 12, 2022 10:44 PM

May 2020
Hey no need to go into that much detail Riko, but lol that punishment. A bit about her mother too, and mysteries around those abyss growing deeper.
Apr 5, 2022 4:48 AM

May 2021
The mysteries keep growing bigger. I wonder what's the deal with her mom.

And damn, that sort of punishment could be traumatic for some.

May 5, 2022 4:41 AM

Jun 2019
What a great second episode. It's so amazing seeing Riko finding all these things interesting. I love her and all the kids in this show. They make me go "aww" every time. LOL. Riko's mom was awesome. I hope she's still alive as the letter says.
Jul 5, 2022 8:37 PM
Jun 2019
If her mother truly is alive, then I guess she is truly waiting for her daughter to find her, just like Gon had to find Ging. It gave some HunterxHunter vibe near the end, especially on the adventure aspect.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 7, 2022 1:59 AM
Oct 2018
Love the art style, the music has been on point. Really enjoying the world building so far. Thought the information about how she was born in the abyss was interesting, I'm excited to see where it goes.
Jul 31, 2022 1:50 PM

May 2020
I see, so being "made in abyss" is something that Riko and Reg have in common.
cam_eleonJul 31, 2022 2:55 PM
Nov 8, 2022 5:25 AM
Nov 2022
animasinya dan jalan ceritanya yang bagus
Nov 20, 2022 10:10 AM
Dec 2020
Good episode. Mother is still alive???? also does leader have feelings for this 12 year old?? also does reg have feelings for her too?? also seems like mother either made or found reg and threw him up to the surface or something. also if she is smart she would memorise the images and use them on her eventual venture into the abyss i assume.
Nov 27, 2022 1:07 PM
Aug 2021
Very interesting.
Apr 15, 2023 12:04 PM
Aug 2022
too much info is revealed in such a short time and by not showing but telling in a boring way. not a good start. hope the story takes off soon.
Apr 21, 2023 9:42 AM
Apr 2023
I really love this show. I like the OST.
Jun 7, 2023 7:34 AM

May 2020
The pacing got really weird in this episode but it still enjoyable nonetheless. The part at the hooked me.

So Riko was"Made in Abyss" huh
┏────────┓
WHY
Is HoneyComeBear so Underrated?

─────────
┗─────────┛
Jun 10, 2023 3:27 AM

Dec 2013
I seriously love the OSTs. And now it's getting interesting

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jun 25, 2023 8:13 PM
Jan 2023
Solid world, so many interesting characters and even some emotional moments which aren't forced, I can already picture how good the rest of this show is going to be.

I have some early predictions for the rest of the show, these aren't spoilers just theories:

they're going to go down into the abyss and try find her mother who is "waiting" at the bottom. The message itself could just be an unnecessarily vague final message and MC will find nothing but a skeleton or something wearing her clothes, that would be messed up lol. Or maybe she turned into that cyborg in the OP (bit of a stretch), or maybe was friends with it, imagine if robot kid was her son though.

Also I'm calling it, everybody is dying (except for robot and maybe MC). Idk why but I just get that vibe, everybody who decides to go with MC and robot to the bottom of the abyss is going to die (either off screen or in gory detail, which I'm inclined to believe due to that random messed up torture scene earlier in the episode).
Jul 4, 2023 9:38 AM
Nov 2022
Haber hijo de pta una de esas cartas va dirigida a su hija ella puede tocarla si quiere
Jul 28, 2023 7:51 PM

Jan 2022
So her mom isn't dead
This never updates so that's cool
Sep 22, 2023 7:13 PM

Apr 2021
Children are smart,...

That letter at the end shocked me.
Dec 9, 2023 8:43 AM

Nov 2023
I wonder about the robot boy's origins as well
Mar 18, 11:30 PM

Dec 2022
Lovin the atmosphere they got goin on + the op song deep in abyss slaps as well.

Apr 16, 6:00 AM
Mar 2024
mne ochen nravitsa
Apr 30, 4:46 PM
Apr 2024
szergfd<asdfsf reSD
May 8, 3:52 AM
Dec 2020
Further development on the world, exposing us to diffrent components' cave diggers use such as the star guider. Exposed more to the culture surrounding Orth, a hierarchical society placing emphasis on your significance as a cave digger. White whistles at the top, Lyza, Riko's mother is apart of this elitist class. Digger's are revered, with communities created around them, and a culture that educates and aspires children to become. Lyza attracts Riko into the cave, by passing on documents about the netherworld. The life at the deepest depth of the abyss.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2017

769 by zaddysenpai89 »»
May 13, 10:16 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2017

202 by karut-kun »»
May 8, 4:28 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2017

352 by karut-kun »»
May 8, 3:23 AM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2017

194 by RebornVongola1 »»
May 6, 8:07 PM

Poll: » Made in Abyss Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2017

180 by eWEQRW123123 »»
Apr 19, 7:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.