Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 29, 2017 7:33 PM

Dec 2014

So this thread is mainly to see what you peeps are up to,if you like the game or wanna share something about it,this is the thread to be at.You can talk about the changes in some character appearances*cough*Yoshi*cough*,the fighters you are looking to play as in online,your mains,everything
May 29, 2017 8:04 PM

Apr 2016
Metal_Bat said:

So this thread is mainly to see what you peeps are up to,if you like the game or wanna share something about it,this is the thread to be at.You can talk about the changes in some character appearances*cough*Yoshi*cough*,the fighters you are looking to play as in online,your mains,everything

I may just have to get this! I'm more of a Nintendo fan and don't like to play that many video games on PC, but I'll get off my high horse xD
May 30, 2017 6:03 AM

Jan 2016
My BFF pre-ordered the game on Steam the other day when I told him that there was gonna be a specific pre-order bonus character in it. :P

Myself, I'm gonna put off my own purchase indefinitely. Preferably, my plan is to buy a PS4 so I can play Tekken 7 in the most ideal way. Fighting games generally play better on a gamepad. And on top of that, there's the risk of the PC port being poorly optimized (just like in MKX and DOA5's case).

Also, my two mains are Yoshimitsu (pre-T6) and Alisa (T6 and forward).
May 30, 2017 6:05 AM

Dec 2014
I do have a ps4,but Im not too sure which platrofm to get it on just yet
May 30, 2017 7:44 AM
Jun 2014
Metal_Bat said:

I'm getting it on PS4. Fighting games on pc aren't that great connection wise. SF5 is terrible and Skull Girls was hit or miss.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
May 30, 2017 8:13 AM
Jul 2018
More money for Lord GabeN
May 31, 2017 10:50 AM

Nov 2012
I usually wait until games go on sale to play them , PC only game here. I used to love playing Tekken 3 and Tag Tournament when I was a kid , its probably my faovrite fighting series behind Smash Bros and Soul Caliber.I'm probably going to see some reviews first to decide if I want to buy this game this summer or wait for a sale in the winter or next year sometime
May 31, 2017 11:48 AM
Jul 2018
AsPeeXXXVIII said:
Fighting games generally play better on a gamepad.
Can't you just connect a gamepad via your USB port?
May 31, 2017 12:01 PM

Jan 2016
Battlechili1 said:
AsPeeXXXVIII said:
Fighting games generally play better on a gamepad.
Can't you just connect a gamepad via your USB port?

Chances are I could, but I'd much rather get a console version of the game. (See the sentence right after the one you quoted.)
Jun 1, 2017 7:34 PM

Nov 2012
As I think more about it, I'm not that greatly motivated to buy this near full price. I still have my Tekken 3, Tekken 4, Tekken Tag and I'm not sure they've changed it enough for me to care too much. I liked the character endings much more in previous installments
Jun 2, 2017 1:34 AM

Aug 2016
I pre ordered it for PS4 and Xbox One. Might get it for PC as well, but I will wait for the reviews on that. I'm sure Tekken 7 will live up to all the hype. Can't wait to play it. #FengGang.
Jun 2, 2017 1:40 AM

Oct 2013
Metal_Bat said:
Same here, not sure which platform should I buy it for. Steam will be cheap but there is always a chance of bad port.
Jun 2, 2017 2:04 AM

Nov 2013
I def get it on my PS4. Can't wait to play for the next meal with the buddies.
Jun 2, 2017 2:18 AM
Jul 2018
I'm just sitting here, waiting for the Install to finish on my PS4, but what I can tell you right now, Kazumi is a beast, love her, now it's waiting for the complete game :P
Jun 2, 2017 7:02 AM

Apr 2011
That's going to depend on how hot the waifus are and how many are in it.
Jun 2, 2017 8:17 AM
Jun 2014
Valaskjalf said:
That's going to depend on how hot the waifus are and how many are in it.

Master Raven, the only chocolate waifu you need.

I've played around 2 hours of it. It's good but I'm not really interested in the main story.
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Jun 2, 2017 9:29 AM
Apr 2011
Not me. I'm still waiting for a sale on Tekken 7 before I make the purchase.
Jun 2, 2017 10:15 AM

Dec 2014
Nuvi said:
Metal_Bat said:
Same here, not sure which platform should I buy it for. Steam will be cheap but there is always a chance of bad port.

I've heard its a great port from people
Jun 2, 2017 10:25 AM
Apr 2011
I wonder if there will be some ultimate edition of Tekken 7. Probably.
Jun 2, 2017 10:28 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Never been interested in fighting games so I don't see why I'd start here either
Jun 2, 2017 10:37 AM

Feb 2015
welp from what i get it , at least its a good port, must get

Jun 2, 2017 11:21 AM

Oct 2013
Yamikabuto said:
Metal_Bat said:
Nuvi said:

That sounds good! I'll just wait and see if it gets a slight discount during Steam summer sale which isn't so far now.
Jun 2, 2017 11:28 AM

Sep 2015
not for 50 €. even though i enjoyed blaze blue, street fighter, soul calibur and mortal kombat, im too bad in fighting games to really get a lot out of them (online)... maybe during christmas sale

Jun 2, 2017 12:27 PM

Jan 2016
Maybe, I just hope it's not another Street Fighter V
Jun 2, 2017 6:00 PM

Nov 2012
xwingz900 said:

Well if you're comparing them at launch, Tekken has a story mode and aracade mode while SFV did not . Tekken 7 has a larger roster.
midnightbladeJun 2, 2017 6:35 PM
Jun 2, 2017 6:08 PM

Sep 2015
I might get it on the ps4 if I save up enough
B O T T O M T E X T
Jun 2, 2017 9:30 PM

Dec 2014
Nuvi said:
Yamikabuto said:
Metal_Bat said:

That sounds good! I'll just wait and see if it gets a slight discount during Steam summer sale which isn't so far now.

Best bet is to go to some site like instant gaming,the game before release was 35 euros,really cheap
Jun 2, 2017 9:30 PM

Dec 2014
Ichilicious said:
I wonder if there will be some ultimate edition of Tekken 7. Probably.

Tekken will never be Street Fighter
Jun 2, 2017 9:31 PM

May 2012
i need tips on getting good. i practice combos but when Im actually fighting I spazz.
Jun 3, 2017 2:18 AM

Jan 2013
PoeticJustice said:
i need tips on getting good. i practice combos but when Im actually fighting I spazz.
Stop fighting bots and training dummies. That's literally it.

When you're too used to your opponent standing still or doing its own predictable AI routine, you're really going to get thrown off when you go multiplayer and realize your enemy actually has a brain.

Warming up with bots and dummies is okay but other than that, wanting to beat other players requires practicing against other players.
PeenusWeenusCaimJun 3, 2017 2:21 AM
Jun 3, 2017 5:30 AM

Apr 2015
I saw on Twitter that one of the fighters was a mom with a tiger. Now hyped.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jun 3, 2017 8:19 AM
Apr 2011
Metal_Bat said:
Tekken will never be Street Fighter

The reverse is true, too.
Jun 3, 2017 8:24 AM
Nov 2016
I'm thinking about getting it on PS4. I gotta use that thing for something other than anime.

Jun 3, 2017 10:55 AM

Dec 2014
Zephaas said:
I'm thinking about getting it on PS4. I gotta use that thing for something other than anime.

hahaha I know the feel
Jun 3, 2017 3:43 PM

Mar 2014
The King of fighters is back
Jun 3, 2017 5:34 PM

Nov 2012
i decided to get the game on a whim anyway.. the most interesting thing so far is that this game runs in ultra 60fps or very near it on my GTX 950 its very well optimized game with people even claiming they can run it on low settings on somewhat potato rigs.

Havent played the story mode yet but ive noticed that you can unlock alot of the cutscences and character endings from the previous games using in game money that you can earn a few different ways, I thought that was really cool. Graphics are really good, the fighting feels much the same for the most part although I haven't played a tekken in a while, feels good and responsive.

Its kinda odd but Akuma plays exactly like a street fighter character which I guess is good they didn't comprimise him to fit him into being a tekken fighter instead. Even has the original button inputs for his attacks and is probably the funnest character for me to play so far.

I've heard the story is pretty short affair. The game could have probably really used something like a Tekken Force mode from 4 or that adventure mode thing from 6, or even include all the games like Tekken Bowl and vollyball the old school fans would have loved to have that. Besides that short story there's not much else to do besides play online or local multiplayer .

Yoshimitsu looks weird as fuck i automatically bought parts of costume to make him not look like a dumb ass squid thing. I bought the original outfits for Jin, Eddy, and Hworang because their new ones not very cool to me.
Jun 3, 2017 5:41 PM

Nov 2012
Zephaas said:

Persona 5? Uncharted? Horizon Zero Dawn?

Theres still not enough good exlusives for me to consider buying another current gen system other than my pc personally. Thats one thing I dont have to worry about with my computer is not using it much . I actually had a lot of conosles from 2010 - 2016 and I reach the point where i realize i have all these expensive ass pieces of plastic and i dont even use most of them besides the occasional exclusive . sold em all and built a high powered PC last summer
Jun 3, 2017 6:12 PM

Dec 2014
midnightblade said:
i decided to get the game on a whim anyway.. the most interesting thing so far is that this game runs in ultra 60fps or very near it on my GTX 950 its very well optimized game with people even claiming they can run it on low settings on somewhat potato rigs.

Havent played the story mode yet but ive noticed that you can unlock alot of the cutscences and character endings from the previous games using in game money that you can earn a few different ways, I thought that was really cool. Graphics are really good, the fighting feels much the same for the most part although I haven't played a tekken in a while, feels good and responsive.

Its kinda odd but Akuma plays exactly like a street fighter character which I guess is good they didn't comprimise him to fit him into being a tekken fighter instead. Even has the original button inputs for his attacks and is probably the funnest character for me to play so far.

I've heard the story is pretty short affair. The game could have probably really used something like a Tekken Force mode from 4 or that adventure mode thing from 6, or even include all the games like Tekken Bowl and vollyball the old school fans would have loved to have that. Besides that short story there's not much else to do besides play online or local multiplayer .

Yoshimitsu looks weird as fuck i automatically bought parts of costume to make him not look like a dumb ass squid thing. I bought the original outfits for Jin, Eddy, and Hworang because their new ones not very cool to me.

Im changing Yoshi straight up as well,not a huge fan of how he looks,but its gonna grow on me,they always changed him,but I'll always prefer the straw hat Yoshi.
Jun 3, 2017 7:07 PM
Nov 2016
midnightblade said:
Zephaas said:

Persona 5? Uncharted? Horizon Zero Dawn?

Theres still not enough good exlusives for me to consider buying another current gen system other than my pc personally. Thats one thing I dont have to worry about with my computer is not using it much . I actually had a lot of conosles from 2010 - 2016 and I reach the point where i realize i have all these expensive ass pieces of plastic and i dont even use most of them besides the occasional exclusive . sold em all and built a high powered PC last summer

I was thinking of getting Persona 5 aswell. The other two don't really interest me though.

Jun 3, 2017 7:45 PM

Apr 2014
PC port is amazing. Possibly better than the console version. From what I'm hearing from actual Tekken players, the PC version has less input lag, better netcode, and just overall looks better due to not being limited to console hardware.

Games super fun. Crisp movement.

PeenusWeenusCaim said:
PoeticJustice said:
Stop fighting bots and training dummies. That's literally it.

When you're too used to your opponent standing still or doing its own predictable AI routine, you're really going to get thrown off when you go multiplayer and realize your enemy actually has a brain.

Warming up with bots and dummies is okay but other than that, wanting to beat other players requires practicing against other players.

This isn't really too true. You can record and have the cpu do moves in the practice mode to allow you to work on blocking and punishing specific moves from characters. It allows you to train your brain and muscle movements to respond to the animations. Blocking or sidestepping lows that lead into a screw launch and wall splat combos are super important, and a lot of it is just looking for the animation. Just for one example.

I'd say playing against other players is useful always to pick up things you need to work on. But utilizing practice mode properly can do a lot more for your muscle memory and punishment options. Tekken has so many moves along with the 3d movement options, that it's not very beneficial to try and push your learning solely on other players. You can speed this learning process up by studying these things in practice.
Jun 4, 2017 6:03 AM

Jan 2016
midnightblade said:
xwingz900 said:

Well if you're comparing them at launch, Tekken has a story mode and aracade mode while SFV did not . Tekken 7 has a larger roster.

Street Fighter V is still a mess, but that's good that Tekken has all of that
Jun 22, 2017 11:22 AM

Feb 2008
People keep saying port, but the PC version the main version, the consoles got a port this time.

Anyone still playing this? The game is so much fun, first time I'm getting seriously into a fighting game. A shame Lei is one of the missing characters, but there are ton of new characters that are fun to play.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"

More topics from this board

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3734 by Coaghim »»
4 hours ago

» Mechanical keyboards ( 1 2 )

Preachee - Jan 12

59 by traed »»
4 hours ago

» What's yalls favorite Pokemon?

Conraddoyle - Feb 13

37 by Dawizz »»
7 hours ago

» Replaying games you beat. ( 1 2 )

Bloodshade - May 24, 2015

50 by Lost_Viking »»
10 hours ago

» Are you using Linux???

DesuMaiden - May 2

28 by Nitrogen_6 »»
Today, 5:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.