Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2017 7:46 PM

May 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Pretty neat for episode pilot.
I saw some resemblance with gopri too. hope this good thing.
megmicaFeb 4, 2017 7:58 PM
Feb 4, 2017 8:48 PM

Sep 2011
It was a good episode and it's really nice that we got that classic super jump this season, I was really missing it since it didn't happen on Mahou.
Feb 4, 2017 8:57 PM

May 2013
Zaphkiel said:
It was a good episode and it's really nice that we got that classic super jump this season, I was really missing it since it didn't happen on Mahou.
they can fly. why should they jump again? :D
Feb 4, 2017 9:02 PM

Sep 2011
megmica said:
Zaphkiel said:
Well, that jump happened on almost all seasons so I've come expect it in every season. It just doesn't feel right if they don't do it. XD
Feb 4, 2017 9:14 PM

May 2013
Zaphkiel said:
megmica said:
Well, that jump happened on almost all seasons so I've come expect it in every season. It just doesn't feel right if they don't do it. XD

yeah i know.
---

no fistfight is true, I guess. whip just evading that monster attack, and attacking with her cream.
and, am I the only one who think the fairy is ugly? her ear like old man's hair.
Feb 4, 2017 10:45 PM
Jun 2011
megmica said:
Zaphkiel said:

yeah i know.
---

no fistfight is true, I guess. whip just evading that monster attack, and attacking with her cream.
and, am I the only one who think the fairy is ugly? her ear like old man's hair.
yes they said before the episode aired that this season will almost not have fistfight at all
Feb 4, 2017 11:34 PM

May 2008
elior1 said:
megmica said:

yeah i know.
---

yes they said before the episode aired that this season will almost not have fistfight at all

With no fistfight i hope they have more than 1 attack (And not just the upgrade of the same attack)
Feb 4, 2017 11:42 PM
Jun 2011
Haou-Judai said:
elior1 said:

With no fistfight i hope they have more than 1 attack (And not just the upgrade of the same attack)
what did you think about the first episode? i liked ichika facial expressions and her transformation. also the opening was good
Feb 5, 2017 12:09 AM

May 2008
elior1 said:
Haou-Judai said:

what did you think about the first episode? i liked ichika facial expressions and her transformation. also the opening was good

Not bad, (Just like any precure) but i need more episode to judge it.
I don't like the background (Lazy toei style) and and ichika (normal form) desing.Her forehead i very big. I dont very like ichika normal clothes (That socks is so weird for me). I like her precure form btw.
Well i waithing for Gelato... (possible my first favoite blue cure)

I think the ending is better.
Feb 5, 2017 1:26 AM
Aug 2016
I've never watched an airing show that's not getting official subs before, so how long should I expect for fansubs to come out? (Also sorry if this should've been post in the news, expectations and discussion thread)
Feb 5, 2017 3:29 AM

Sep 2011
megmica said:
Zaphkiel said:

yeah i know.
---

As long as they have more attacks or variations to the same attack it will probably still make some interesting fights.
I agree with the fairy being ugly.

AnEdgyWeeb said:
I've never watched an airing show that's not getting official subs before, so how long should I expect for fansubs to come out? (Also sorry if this should've been post in the news, expectations and discussion thread)
If no fansub takes it up there is a chance some annon will translate it so there is no way to when the subs will come out, but hopefully it shouldn't take too long.
Feb 5, 2017 6:23 AM
Jun 2011
Zaphkiel said:
megmica said:

yeah i know.
---

As long as they have more attacks or variations to the same attack it will probably still make some interesting fights.
I agree with the fairy being ugly.

AnEdgyWeeb said:
If no fansub takes it up there is a chance some annon will translate it so there is no way to when the subs will come out, but hopefully it shouldn't take too long.
i think it said anon will sub it
Feb 5, 2017 7:30 AM

May 2013
yes, with her cream weapon, I guess they can makes many variation attack.
---
and I'd appreciated they created some parent problem to ichika. At least she got problem, not like Mirai who blank happy go lucky pink without any trait.

and I surprised with that live action section. Let's cooking \o/
Feb 5, 2017 3:14 PM
Jun 2011
megmica said:
yes, with her cream weapon, I guess they can makes many variation attack.
---
and I'd appreciated they created some parent problem to ichika. At least she got problem, not like Mirai who blank happy go lucky pink without any trait.

and I surprised with that live action section. Let's cooking \o/
the subbed version of episode 1 has been released so it seems we wont have to wait long each week for the anon group subs
Feb 5, 2017 3:22 PM

Jun 2012
Whew, i admit i was worried Pekorin gonna be second Candy, with i really disliked, and was one of reasons i dropped Smile, but luckly, Pekorin is really sweet and not annoying brat. Despite its theme, it might be pretty interesting series with mature elements (Similar to Doremi)
Feb 5, 2017 3:45 PM

Mar 2008
Well that was kind of mediocre. Not nearly as strong or enjoyable a first episode as the last two PreCure series.

It has some potential, but probably just not going to be a show I stick with. The overall style and presentation is going in a direction I'm not really feeling.

Still, some interesting things. The potential issue with Usami's mother could go somewhere. Though maybe more so just how the MC races between extremes in a hurry. She's a very energized person, but also extreme in her emotional state.

Will see what they do with this show.
Feb 5, 2017 10:01 PM
Jun 2011
FlareKnight said:
Well that was kind of mediocre. Not nearly as strong or enjoyable a first episode as the last two PreCure series.

It has some potential, but probably just not going to be a show I stick with. The overall style and presentation is going in a direction I'm not really feeling.

Still, some interesting things. The potential issue with Usami's mother could go somewhere. Though maybe more so just how the MC races between extremes in a hurry. She's a very energized person, but also extreme in her emotional state.

Will see what they do with this show.
what i loved about the episode is ichika and her mom unlike outher cures she was almost surrendred to the villsin due to her extreme sadness. i actully understend her. she cooking for her mom and doing her best and at the last moment find out she wont return.
Feb 6, 2017 2:13 AM

Oct 2011
This was... interesting.

It didn't feel like Precure - more Doremi or something like this.

Still it was awesome first episode and might be my favorite one in a long time. Animation was good, character design and reactions great, fight might have lacked kicking/punching but I liked it a lot. Even song/live segments were okay.

Toei for sure is making a gamble here but I'm fine with it and I hope it will work.

Now lets skip next episode and move straight to lion girl, she looks most fun.
Feb 6, 2017 3:27 AM
Jun 2011
Dalek-baka said:
This was... interesting.

Still it was awesome first episode and might be my favorite one in a long time. Animation was good, character design and reactions great, fight might have lacked kicking/punching but I liked it a lot. Even song/live segments were okay.

Toei for sure is making a gamble here but I'm fine with it and I hope it will work.

since they said before the episode aired that there wont be much kicking/ punching this season so it not surprising
Feb 6, 2017 3:30 AM
Oct 2016
I was never expecting this newest precure series to be a good one. Mahoutsukai was pretty good though, although only on the last episodes.

Kirakira Precure A la Mode is all about sweets and cakes and animal features such as Tokyo Mew Mew. I was kinda upset at first. But the first episode is not so bad. Its really good I think. The transformation is really cute and somehow I like that the next cure is the yellow cure. Considering its often pink cure then blue cure in most series.

Cannot wait for the next episode and see how this one turned out.
Feb 6, 2017 3:44 AM

May 2013
Dalek-baka said:
This was... interesting.

I'm interested with lion girl too. Her hair looks like heroine from amagami.
Feb 6, 2017 8:52 AM

May 2014
Why the low score? it was actually pretty good.
Feb 6, 2017 11:00 AM

Jan 2008
Very 50/50 for me. Pacing was all over the place, but Ichika makes for a one truly likable Pretty Cure lead with her nice balance of energy, cheerfullness and still being down to earth when it really counts. I like where they're going with the art, a lot of cool stuff might be done in that department. I'm not a fan of live-action segments and maybe I'm getting old, but the whole sparkling from cakes seems silly to me. And then the cake gave her magical powers! So yeah, this happened.

Waiting for Cure Cat and Cure Dog the most, but Cure Lion singing in the band is starting to grow on me. And hey, Ichika's voice actress is quite okay despite being a newbie!
Feb 6, 2017 4:03 PM

Oct 2010
I tried (but didn't succeed) to get into PreCure with HeartCatch.... This one on the other hand has Rarity as a cat girl http://prettycure.wikia.com/wiki/Kotozume_Yukari

K I'm in
Feb 6, 2017 9:25 PM

Oct 2011
so sad ichika won't get to see her mother
Feb 6, 2017 10:33 PM

Jul 2012
Ichika will not be able to see mama, but mama could reschedule a vacation break at a later episode.

I am just glad she did not trash her efforts to the monster.

(I am going to be more amused to see fans attempt making the perfect bunny shortcake!)

Also Pekorin.... I like the voice but the design made the fairy look like one of those elder fairies with a baby face.

Otherwise its a pretty alright pilot episode. Though if I word differently about the cakes being this magic juice for PreCure or the Villains... I can not see baked sweets the same way again (in this anime). xD

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Feb 7, 2017 2:02 PM

Jun 2012
I absolutely loved this! Already like this more than Mahou Tsukai.
Feb 7, 2017 2:10 PM

Sep 2014
I also got Tokyo Mew Mew feels off this.

But damn the episode. Made NO sense, and I felt like I was on drugs the whole time, but I still really enjoyed it. A lot of fun and excitement.
Feb 8, 2017 5:45 PM

Aug 2013
I like the first episode it was pretty good start for the series I like how it show the 5 main characters although we will see them when they became precure ^_^

Before it out I looked at their precure design it does have Tokyo Mew Mew vibes on them which it make sense also I hope that this series have something better than Mahoutsukai Precure although I like it a little of it
HikariHime93Feb 8, 2017 5:54 PM
Feb 9, 2017 12:29 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
I do not really like the cooking theme. It is sort of silly. First episode was alright, hopefully there will be some drama between Ichika and her mother later. Unless they go for the all 'silly-happy' route.

Waiting for Cure Macaron.
Feb 13, 2017 6:37 AM

Nov 2012
eh, this episode didn't really grab me. it all felt kind of silly. and that cooking song at the beginning was so random lol.
Feb 13, 2017 8:28 AM

Sep 2013
It was okay , the live action parts weren't much and not bad.
Making sweets with love gives energy which the bad guys want.

Ichika the shortcake misses her mom :'(
Kira Kiraru was said way too many times thou.
Feb 15, 2017 6:46 AM

May 2008

I know its bad taset of humor... but i just think it's funny
Nov 10, 2018 6:39 AM

Nov 2012
Okay first episode,nothing too impressionable.

Almost caught up, just this and Hugtto which I'm waiting on to finish before starting.
Aug 4, 2019 12:11 PM

May 2016
t was a good episode and it's really nice that we got that classic super jump this season, I was really missing it since it didn't happen on Mahou.
Aug 17, 2019 3:48 AM

May 2016
I like the first episode it was pretty good start for the series I like how it show the 5 main characters although we will see them when they became precure ^_^
Aug 6, 2020 7:02 AM

May 2016
Whaaaat?
When did Precure become a coocking tutorial?
Sep 19, 2020 1:46 AM

Jun 2015
that... was....... AWESOMESAUCE!!!!!!!!~~

💖 𝐼'𝓂 𝒽𝒶𝓎𝒹𝑒𝓃❣ 💖

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚ 💝 𝒯𝓌𝒾𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓇 💝 𝒴𝑜𝓊𝒯𝓊𝒷𝑒 💝 ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆
💝 𝑀𝓎𝐹𝒾𝑔𝓊𝓇𝑒𝒞𝑜𝓁𝓁𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 💝
Jun 3, 2021 3:25 AM

Feb 2020
That was literally a delicious start.

Nom nom. That bunny shortcake looks good.

SerafosMay 28, 10:23 AM
Jul 4, 2023 9:18 AM

Apr 2023
I love Cure Whip in this episode
Minna Tomodachi, Minna Aidoru~!- Laala Manaka
Mar 8, 7:14 AM
Mar 2023
Masterpiece best things since men's gynecology.

More topics from this board

» A hot take on Ciel and Rio's arc

Dr_3ncephalon - Jun 14

0 by Dr_3ncephalon »»
Jun 14, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Kirakira☆Precure A La Mode Episode 39 Discussion

ichii_1 - Nov 13, 2017

4 by Mae_Mae_Online »»
Jun 7, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Kirakira☆Precure A La Mode Episode 38 Discussion

LunyRem - Oct 29, 2017

6 by Mae_Mae_Online »»
Jun 7, 4:15 PM

Poll: » Kirakira☆Precure A La Mode Episode 36 Discussion

LunyRem - Oct 15, 2017

5 by Mae_Mae_Online »»
Jun 6, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Kirakira☆Precure A La Mode Episode 30 Discussion

ichii_1 - Sep 3, 2017

5 by Mae_Mae_Online »»
Jun 6, 6:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.