Forum Settings
Forums

Have you stopped watching an anime half way through because other anime got in the way?

New
Jul 8, 2016 2:08 AM

Jul 2016
Not really sure why but i'm half way through Gurren Lagann and its not that it is not good I just find watching an episode more of a chore than something enjoyable. The weird part is when i first started watching it i enjoyed it lots and its supposed to be one of the better anime out there according to one of my friends. Also Full Metal Alchemist is so good and i want to watch that too. I guess that is what I get for watching multiple series at once.

Has anyone else ran into this kind of thing and if so with what anime and why?
1080pHentaiJul 8, 2016 2:41 AM
Jul 8, 2016 2:10 AM

Jun 2015
That isn't for no reason, that's called being bored, and yes, I do it tons of times.
Jul 8, 2016 2:18 AM

Jul 2016
BRB-kun said:
That isn't for no reason, that's called being bored, and yes, I do it tons of times.

I wouldn't call it bored I still plan on finishing the anime, its more that I just want to be done watching it because I have others that I would prefer to watch way more.
Jul 8, 2016 2:19 AM

Apr 2007
I've dropped a lot of shows but there's always a reason. Usually it's because the show is boring or there's something else about it that's annoying enough to stop watching. There are a few cases where I just stopped because I never got the last DVD disc and after a lot of time, I couldn't be bothered to go back to it.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jul 8, 2016 2:26 AM

Jul 2016
Updated the title. For no reason probably wasn't the best now that i think about it. :p
Jul 8, 2016 2:27 AM

Oct 2015
It's a sign you're not entirely engaged in the series and watching it becomes a chore more than entertainment. I do it too often. I used to watch Ushio and Tora weekly up until around episode 22, then just stopped. Same with Kuroko no Basket season 3, Space Dandy season 2, Utawaremono, Parasyte, Love Lab and Akame ga Kill. Stopped half way through. I fully intend on finishing them... but just not now. Bear in mind all of these series I was keeping up with as the came out so you can see how long I put them on break for.
Jul 8, 2016 2:35 AM

Jul 2016
MoonStar9 said:
It's a sign you're not entirely engaged in the series and watching it becomes a chore more than entertainment. I do it too often. I used to watch Ushio and Tora weekly up until around episode 22, then just stopped. Same with Kuroko no Basket season 3, Space Dandy season 2, Utawaremono, Parasyte, Love Lab and Akame ga Kill. Stopped half way through. I fully intend on finishing them... but just not now. Bear in mind all of these series I was keeping up with as the came out so you can see how long I put them on break for.

I would put it off but i feel like i would never finish it. Curse you Full Metal Alchemist taking all my watch time recently. :p
Jul 8, 2016 2:37 AM

Jun 2016
If an anime is boring i drop it and watch something else.
Jul 8, 2016 2:49 AM

Nov 2014
That actually happened to me while watching Lain (still haven't finished it) due to watching Jojo.
Not that Lain was bad and boring (not by a longshot), but I just got hooked to Jojo and forgot about it lmao

Jul 8, 2016 3:04 AM

Sep 2015
I always do it, but I've tried to stop. It got so bad to the point where I would watch 30 shows at the same time so I forgot details
Jul 8, 2016 3:16 AM

Jun 2012
yes when I feel bored or tired of it, an example is naruto, I haven't watch it for a year now though I plan to continue it next month
Jul 8, 2016 3:37 AM

Jan 2015
I still want to watch Kill la Kill so bad, but right now watching „When Humanity Declined” - and it's pretty boring.....3 episodes and 6 specials remaining
Jul 8, 2016 3:43 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
That's pretty normal. I put FMA:B on hold twice to watch some other 1-cour anime in-between before continuing for example
Jul 8, 2016 3:47 AM
Dec 2015
It happen to me a lot, I dropped Joker Games because Kiznaiver and Tanaka kun way more interesting. I know they have different genre, but I don't torture myself by watching anime that don't interest me.
Jul 8, 2016 3:48 AM

Dec 2014
That happens a lot. Usually it's a show that is finished airing and new shows from seasonal charts take over my time. If I was enjoying the show, I will finish it though...eventually
Jul 8, 2016 3:57 AM

Nov 2013
I tend to only watch one anime at a time, so yeah for me it's called being bored. If I still have the intention or possible intention to watch it it'll go on my on hold list.
Jul 8, 2016 4:46 AM
Feb 2016
I feel this is a sign. This is a sign that I should finish Saraiya Goyou right now! I'm going to do it, I'm not going to let any other anime get in the way!!!!!

...Actually, maybe later........
Jul 8, 2016 4:55 AM

Apr 2015
Yup that happened to me i didnt finish full metal alchemist
Jul 8, 2016 6:16 AM

Dec 2013
Redd08 said:
Not really sure why but i'm half way through Gurren Lagann and its not that it is not good I just find watching an episode more of a chore than something enjoyable. The weird part is when i first started watching it i enjoyed it lots and its supposed to be one of the better anime out there according to one of my friends. Also Full Metal Alchemist is so good and i want to watch that too. I guess that is what I get for watching multiple series at once.

Has anyone else ran into this kind of thing and if so with what anime and why?
Consistently I made it a habit not to start more than one series because I would drop the previous one lol.
Jul 8, 2016 6:37 AM

May 2015
I'm always doing this... I do it with most of the shows on my watching list when I find something more engaging. For example, I've been loving Clannad, and until I finish After Story, I'm not watching anything other than Clannad and seasonals.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jul 8, 2016 6:39 AM

Dec 2015
Ah, you just reminded me that I haven't yet finished Ore Monogotari! The last time I watched it was like 8-10 months ago? Honestly though the scenes are repetitive and it bore me out.
Jul 8, 2016 6:57 AM
Jun 2014
Happens all the time to me. I'll move the series to my "On-Hold" section but in reality, it will never see the light of day again. That's probably why I have so many series in my dropped section now.
Jul 8, 2016 7:22 AM

May 2015
Happens to me a lot
it's like i start to watch an anime then i find another one more interesting and i stay with them in my watching list forever
Jul 8, 2016 7:30 AM

Nov 2015
I usually put it on hold if I get bored.
If not then maybe I'd slog through somehow.
Jul 8, 2016 7:43 AM

Dec 2014
Yes unfortunately this happens to me all the time mainly it is because I don't have a lot of spare time cos even on my days off I find I have other things to do so I watch seasonal anime and they take up the very little time I do have spare and then well the shows I have started I usually put them on hold like I really wanna complete magi Sinbad no Bouken, but I am only on episode 3 and episodes took ages to be released so now the new seasonal shows are out I have started watching those, but now no time for Sinbad no Bouken and all the other anime I have on-hold.
Jul 8, 2016 7:48 AM

Oct 2015
I am probably one of the guiltiest people of this, I do it all the time, I dont drop anime but I end up jumping to other anime before completing one all the time
Jul 8, 2016 3:02 PM

Jul 2016
Well feels good to know i'm not the only one abandoning shows. XD
Jul 8, 2016 3:05 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo is the only time I've run into this so far

I was watching it, really enjoying it, then someone recommended me Rozen Maiden and I fucking loved that one and then never got back to Sakurasou

Sometimes I think of moving it from on-hold to dropped now, that was back in January I think and I barely entertain the notion of going back to it because I don't want to rewatch half of a show just to get caught up on where I was at when I left off.

Jul 8, 2016 3:11 PM

Sep 2015
Yeah, 2nd season of Higurashi. Haikyuu and some others got in the way. Will definitely finish it though
Jul 8, 2016 3:12 PM

Jan 2008
Not so much with anime but I do this plenty with video games.
Jul 8, 2016 3:16 PM

Jul 2013
There was a time when I watched a lot of (non seasonal) animes at the same time. It was a chaos because I invested so much time in one I sended on hold the majority of those series. When I finished them all, I realized how chaotic that was and I decided to watch only one non seasonal show at time. I still do that and I have been fine since that.
Jul 8, 2016 3:18 PM

Apr 2016
Plenty of times, but it was not just other anime that got in the way. It was more so video games and life in general. Funny enough I'm currently putting off watching the rest of Gurren Lagann myself to do other things and watch other shows.
Jul 8, 2016 3:24 PM

Jul 2015
Wtf TTGL is the best thing in existence what is wrong with u
On the real tho, if you don't like it, you shouldn't force yourself to watch it bc that's no fun:)
I think ur title may be a euphemism for "I hate the anime I'm watching now so I want to watch something else that's actually good," aka human nature
Jul 8, 2016 3:28 PM

Apr 2016
Many, many times.
Ex: I was watching One Piece (up to ep 500+) and then my friends recommend Kamisama Hajimemashita, so I had to stop watching One Piece. And now, I have way too many other series I'm watching, so I had to put One Piece on-hold.
"Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater."
~Einstein
(~.~)

Jul 8, 2016 3:30 PM

Apr 2016
Many, many times.
Ex: I was watching One Piece (up to ep 500+) and then my friends recommend Kamisama Hajimemashita, so I had to stop watching One Piece. And now, I have way too many other series I'm watching, so I had to put One Piece on-hold.
"Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater."
~Einstein
(~.~)

Jul 8, 2016 3:42 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
yes lol... unfortunately i've done this in the past.... infact.... im doing it right now..... lol
Jul 8, 2016 3:53 PM
Jun 2016
Yes, I have. That or It's a really long and don't want to watch all of it right away.
Jul 8, 2016 4:05 PM
Aug 2015
Yep, last season I was dumb enough to start 8000 series and never finish them since other series were in the way.
Jul 8, 2016 4:05 PM

Nov 2014
Yeah i have plenty of times...most of the time it is when i am watching a show that is completed but i tend to watch a lot of airing at the same time so when i get really busy irl i don't have the time to watch so i will stop watching the completed show to catch up on the airing ones instead and not return till i am caught up....plus it helps to avoid spoilers on facebook and such when i get behind on airing shows
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Jul 8, 2016 4:08 PM

Jul 2016
You guys inspired me to put Gurren Lagann on-hold. I promise myself i will finish it...someday. At least till i finish FMA and Fate/Zero.
Jul 8, 2016 4:08 PM

May 2015
Only between 2-4 anime. Once I start, I watch it all the way to the end. I do switch back and forth between anime, but I never go beyond that and I never start another anime series until I'm finished with one of them.
Jul 9, 2016 5:40 AM

Aug 2011
Yeah definitely. My On-Hold list is proof of that.
Jul 9, 2016 4:50 PM

May 2016
I don't like watching multiple anime at a time. Which is why I don't keep up with current anime seasons unless more than half the season have already aired. I can't deal with the weekly wait, so I just marathon away one anime at a time.
"ドSではない。迢ドSだ." - 蘇芳先生、月華撩乱 Romance

More topics from this board

» Would you watch AI anime? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jun 2

80 by Daddy-Lucifer »»
7 minutes ago

» What if aliens made every anime have aliens in it?

APolygons2 - Jun 2

30 by KryzakamiHrybami »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Would/Do you go to Anime Conventions?

Dragevard - Oct 15, 2021

47 by AramHovhanued »»
16 minutes ago

» What's an anime you like but would probably never try to show someone to get them into anime?

MeanMrMusician - 1 hour ago

6 by Rhae »»
28 minutes ago

» What is the best anime cheering ever?

SgtBateMan - 2 hours ago

3 by Azuchi »»
41 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.