Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 22, 2007 12:58 PM

Aug 2007
Nice ending. I want another season with loads more ninjas and dark Reika!
Dec 22, 2007 1:23 PM

Aug 2007
Nice way of ending the anime, very cute episode. Ninomiya-kun is probably going to be one of the more underrated animes this season. We have random harem and comedy plots mixed with some serious character development. What's better than laughing your ass of one minute, then at the edge of your seat as you see the story developing right in front of you. Its not really that serious compared to some animes, but one can't expect much considering the genres Ninomiya-kun belong to.

Doubt there would be an S2, but I'm looking forward to it.

Go Reika!!!
Dec 22, 2007 1:34 PM

Jul 2007
For what it had to work with, I'd say it was a pretty good ending. Hosaka going down with one punch was a major fail, but we were quickly rewarded with Reika's inner lesbian emerging. Ryouko's training paid off! Banzai!

A second season would be welcome if it presented itself, but I'd prefer it stay far far away from plot-related matters from now on.

Glad we know what Goshuushou-sama means now.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Dec 22, 2007 5:02 PM

Oct 2007
cyruz said:
There is no unexpected yuri in this anime if you know it's roots. It was sort of unexpected if you look at the way the anime version went though.

Would you care to elaborate on that? I'm curious.
Dec 22, 2007 5:44 PM

Dec 2006
i actually really enjoyed this series ... had to raise it to a 9 after the last ep.
Dec 22, 2007 10:05 PM
Oct 2007
The hell...

I swear I left a comment here!?
Dec 22, 2007 10:57 PM

Sep 2007
Cheezy said:
Nice ending. I want another season with loads more ninjas and dark Reika!

Pretty much the most epic scenes. I was actually expecting to be disappointed with a Ninomiya x Mayu ending until episodes eleven and twelve, but the way things turned out wasn't so bad.

Did you know there's a Phantasy Star Club?
Dec 23, 2007 2:01 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
tvonradio said:
cyruz said:
There is no unexpected yuri in this anime if you know it's roots. It was sort of unexpected if you look at the way the anime version went though.

This anime is an adaption from a yuri anime manga.
cyruzDec 23, 2007 5:23 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 23, 2007 2:22 AM
Oct 2007
cyruz said:
tvonradio said:
cyruz said:

This anime is an adaption from a yuri anime.

What anime is that?
Dec 23, 2007 2:25 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
mickal555 said:
cyruz said:
tvonradio said:
cyruz said:

What anime is that?

-_-

Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun of course.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 23, 2007 2:47 AM
Oct 2007
cyruz said:
mickal555 said:
cyruz said:
tvonradio said:
cyruz said:

What anime is that?

-_-

Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun of course.

That's this show, which was apparently adapted from the yuri anime... ????
Dec 23, 2007 3:51 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
God, wtf. It was said that the yuri was unexpected, then I said it was not because this anime is an adaption from a yuri anime manga. So of course it has to fit in somewhere. What's so hard to understand about this so we have to waste post after post on it?!
cyruzDec 23, 2007 5:23 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 23, 2007 4:13 AM

Nov 2007
Haha. I think you mean manga, cyruz. That is what is confusing him. Because you are saying that this anime is an adaptation from another anime. =P
Dec 23, 2007 5:23 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Lol D'OH!

I apologize, of course I meant to say Manga. >_> How did that happen... =/

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 23, 2007 6:57 AM
Oct 2007
Ah...
Dec 23, 2007 10:22 AM

Nov 2007
This show was objectively pretty mediocre, but like a lot of shows of this type, it really comes down to how much you like the characters. Subjectively, I found it way better than many of this season's shows.
Dec 23, 2007 10:37 AM

Oct 2007
Faust721 said:
Pretty cheezy episode, but I expected as much. Although, I did really like the kiss between Mayu and Reika. Good stuff.

Overall: 8/10

ditto
Dec 23, 2007 11:43 AM

Jul 2007
cyruz said:
God, wtf. It was said that the yuri was unexpected, then I said it was not because this anime is an adaption from a yuri anime manga. So of course it has to fit in somewhere. What's so hard to understand about this so we have to waste post after post on it?!

Wikipedia says that GS N-K was adapted from a light novel series, which was began being adapted in manga form earlier this year.
Dec 23, 2007 12:04 PM

Aug 2007
bklynrob said:
cyruz said:

Wikipedia says that GS N-K was adapted from a light novel series, which was began being adapted in manga form earlier this year.

Ninomiya-kun did start as a light-novel series...The Yuri was probably unexpected because it probably never happened in the light novel?
Dec 23, 2007 2:20 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Great final ep. I got my long awaited Hosaka moments. Ahhhh, he was great in this episode. That made it for me.

The happy ending is okay. This way I can imagine any ending I would have wanted for it xD

Enjoyed this series more than I expected :)
Dec 23, 2007 2:24 PM
Nov 2007
Good, a happy ending. My friend lent me the series so I watched it (even though I initially dropped it) lol

I thought Mayu's lines after the kiss were pretty funny. hahaha
Dec 23, 2007 4:17 PM

May 2007
great show :> one of the better shows this season that gave some lulz.
Dec 24, 2007 12:32 PM

Nov 2007
the ending was kinda disappointing to me... im giving this series 7.5/10 which rounds up to 8 ^^
yuichii2Dec 24, 2007 12:53 PM

Dec 29, 2007 6:09 PM

Oct 2007
i really enjoyed this show a lot. this episode was good.

hosaka's fighting was super hott =) <3

i was gonna give this show 8/10 but ineed to be harsher with my rates so its getting a 7/10 haha
Dec 30, 2007 12:06 AM

Dec 2007
I'm hoping that they make a 2nd season...
Dec 30, 2007 1:48 AM

Jul 2007
egg said:
I'm hoping that they make a 2nd season...

Well, it's AIC Spirits, so the chances are higher than if it was any other studio's work.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Jan 2, 2008 4:29 PM

Dec 2007
i enjoyed it. a lot of lols. 9/10
Jan 28, 2008 8:36 PM

Mar 2007
A hilarious series! An awesome watch! 9/10!
Join the Kyonko Fanclub Today! | Join the MAL Tenjou Tenge Fanclub Today!
Feb 12, 2008 4:22 PM

Nov 2007
yeah the ending was just too predictable...But the series did combine a lot of things so it's definitely win ^_^
Feb 21, 2008 12:15 PM

Nov 2007
mmh~ nice end :3

Feb 23, 2008 5:28 PM

Oct 2007
Very nice end xD
Feb 27, 2008 6:14 AM

Feb 2008
Pretty good ending.
Imo, the way Reika kissed Mayu was kind of cheesy (the doll appeared out of nowhere =/).
I hope there's going to be a second season, or at least an OVA =P

Overall, I enjoyed this anime very much. It gets an 8/10.
Feb 28, 2008 11:26 AM

Nov 2007
good ep. It actually gave me a surprisingly complete feeling. A good ending to an unusual series.

Mar 4, 2008 3:15 AM

Feb 2008
cyruz said:
Very nice final episode, was good fun. Enjoyed this show a lot more than I thought I would. Reika ftw. 8/10

100% agree, I felt the same!
8 out of 10!!!
Mar 10, 2008 5:34 AM

Jan 2008
Like many has said above, I wouldn't have imagined it ended this way. Way to avoid the critical point by avoiding the choosing between the girls :)
This series gave me quite a laugh and was very enjoyable all at the same time while having a somewhat serious story plot develop in the background. The whole training business given to them by Ryoko was kind of a "meh" for me. Entertaining? Yes. Quite necessary? Not so much. Perhaps it was present in the novel/manga, but in my opinion, it just added to the camera rolling time. Overall, the series had a brilliant start, sucessful carry throughout the middle, and a fantastic ending. Everyones happy. Who doesn't like a happy ending? (Unless everyone dies, than its somewhat a happy ending still ;) )
If a second season were to come out, count me in!

Apr 11, 2008 1:24 PM
Apr 2008
One of the best finallies I have seen.
May 11, 2008 5:48 PM

Jun 2007
a pretty good ending, i liked the yuri moments, and reika's kiss...
we got to know a little bit more of the past, and reika returned to normal... i loved it how ninomiya held reika's hands after she kissed him. at least it seems like HE can keep a promise, taking in mind that mayu's kiss was an accident
fighting was ok, and hosaka really was an awesome character. him and shinobu for sure.
even though i would have liked a reika ending, i am happy with this, me wants S2

overall, i enjoyed this a lot, it gave me a lot of laughs, and the plot was good for a harem anime. i liked the characters specially reika.

and, finally, the meaning of the name of the anime is revealed!
May 25, 2008 3:04 AM

May 2008
Happy said:
Another happy harem ending, I wished it was more decisive. Choose one of them! 7/10

Actually I prefer this ending better since it gives room for a second season.

this was a very enjoyable show (even if it didn't make my favs) and gets a 8/10 for the ending and 8/10 overall for all the lolz throughout the short and sweet series.
Jun 10, 2008 1:34 AM

Apr 2008
about halfway through the ep I started praying for yuri. I didn't think I was gonna get it though. *drool*

Other than that I was what I expected. No more, no less. I hope for a second season only if there is some conclusion.

Jun 22, 2008 5:42 AM

Dec 2007
hmms . somehow i liked the pink haired girl more ^^ hahas xd -laughs-

Jun 28, 2008 8:15 AM

Dec 2007
yea, the harem ending, at least it gives us fans a chance to imagine our ideal ending.
Aug 23, 2008 6:15 PM

Apr 2008
I should give it a 9 after seeing the Mayu scene where she's already drained out. I thought there'll be a drama. A kiss from Reika shattered my expectations XD

Oh well a harem ending is not bad. 8/10

Sep 5, 2008 4:10 PM

Aug 2008
I really thought that one of them is going to die...
never expected that ending...

Nov 3, 2008 2:16 PM

Jun 2008
"I'm not a lesbian like you!!" lol...

Though "Reika's-inner-reconcillation" waaaaay too dramatised... Great ending :D Esp Shinobu x Hosaka

7.5/10 => 8/10 :D (changed the note just after ending)
Jan 18, 2009 4:20 PM

Nov 2008
Well...the last episode were good exept the ending...
2 things were unclear for me:1. why they forced Mayu to Ninomiya? To make Reika move?ok...but i don't know why they force him with that training even now when everything is resolved...even if it helps to control her powers i think there's some other way.
2. why is the ending indecisive? I think everyone must support Reika, but on the contrary when it's almost clear win to Reika they(Ninomiya's sister mainly) makes moves to support Mayu! Ridiculus! They enjoy keeping this play forever? I think if Ninomija choses Reika in the end that were totaly understandable at the end even for Mayu.
But at the last few minutes Mayu gones by a complete change and she's not gona gave up on Ninomiya even after she could be thankfull to her life for Reika...lousy-minded bitch.

I hate that type of endings where after many dramatic and ground-breaking happenings in the end the everydays become similar(or even the same) as midway the show. That means the author do a BIG error in the character development. Abnormal.

Exept the ending i think the show were good...it has almost no original element but that was a good mix!
willyverebJan 18, 2009 4:24 PM
Apr 18, 2009 12:53 PM

Apr 2009
willyvereb said:
Well...the last episode were good exept the ending...
2 things were unclear for me:1. why they forced Mayu to Ninomiya? To make Reika move?ok...but i don't know why they force him with that training even now when everything is resolved...even if it helps to control her powers i think there's some other way.
2. why is the ending indecisive? I think everyone must support Reika, but on the contrary when it's almost clear win to Reika they(Ninomiya's sister mainly) makes moves to support Mayu! Ridiculus! They enjoy keeping this play forever? I think if Ninomija choses Reika in the end that were totaly understandable at the end even for Mayu.
But at the last few minutes Mayu gones by a complete change and she's not gona gave up on Ninomiya even after she could be thankfull to her life for Reika...lousy-minded bitch.

I hate that type of endings where after many dramatic and ground-breaking happenings in the end the everydays become similar(or even the same) as midway the show. That means the author do a BIG error in the character development. Abnormal.

Exept the ending i think the show were good...it has almost no original element but that was a good mix!

i think you are wrong with picking reika it would of been understandable. I mean yes they were childhood friends, all 3 of them, and they all fell in love with ninomiya. They never made a promise to love each other or anything like that, she pretty much was talking about repaying him.
There may be a little love between them, but ninomiya cares more for Mayu, which i would say they have more of a relation ship than Reika. The end would of been totally understandable if he choose mayu not reika, but this is a very understandable debate..

at the end mayu should of gotten kissed when she needed the energy, i mean irori took soom of his life force and he didn't lose his memory just a little of his strength, so even the ending ending where the kiss was accidental, i felt that, thats how it should be with those 2, maybe if she learns to control her powers she can kiss without taking energy if thats the case.

I am sorry just finished this anime and had to vent, i loved it, I really am hopeing for a season 2, has anyone heard anything???? Also is there and difference or continuation in the manga?

also whats the title mean? humm since its been so long since people posted in here i wonder if this will get responded to
Master7ZeroApr 18, 2009 1:05 PM
Apr 18, 2009 1:31 PM

Apr 2009
ALLLso i just went and read through 1-4 pages, people are saying a promise is a promise, so its over, no like i said never said anything about being together.
Jul 18, 2009 3:10 AM

Jun 2009
~Haha the ending even gives us one big ice breaker
~Very nice storyline enemies are friends, once betrayed stayed as friends still
~I've thought after their time in the Never lol Ever land... thats it but good thing they followed it with a little to end everything

**Lol I just noticed just now what Hosaka told Shungo and searched it on the net this "Our Condolences, Ninomiya-kun"** but what does it actually meant??
ZinvyJul 18, 2009 3:17 AM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jul 18, 2009 1:29 PM

Apr 2009
what?>
Aug 15, 2009 8:48 PM

Jun 2009
Typical, slightly disappointing but definitely not unexpected. Probably generous but 8/10, as this shows comedy was pretty awesome, at least early on.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Any nudity in this?

Xmoonblade - Mar 12, 2010

4 by Etherius_ZS »»
Nov 4, 2023 2:38 AM

Poll: » Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun Episode 11 Discussion

cyruz - Dec 14, 2007

44 by HanamiDango »»
Apr 26, 2022 10:32 PM

Poll: » Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun Episode 10 Discussion

Identity - Dec 8, 2007

42 by HanamiDango »»
Apr 25, 2022 11:10 PM

Poll: » Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun Episode 9 Discussion

bluethree - Dec 1, 2007

42 by HanamiDango »»
Apr 25, 2022 1:51 AM

Poll: » Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun Episode 8 Discussion

cyruz - Nov 24, 2007

41 by HanamiDango »»
Apr 24, 2022 12:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.