Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 21, 2013 7:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Peace, peace. Ah another great episode.

Ononoki was awesome. Nadeko da yo~
Dem revelations too. One more episode to go..I'm already starting to miss this show.
Dec 21, 2013 8:25 AM

Mar 2010
How can they managed to pull this arc to that extent...
Just 4 chapters for the next episode? Wow.
Dec 21, 2013 8:31 AM

Jun 2013
And here I was hoping that maybe it would end here, and that the last episode would be a filler date episode! SHAAAAAAFT!!!
Dec 21, 2013 10:22 AM

Sep 2012
Funny, I was actually expecting it to end one chapter LATER as people still don't know... LOL People must be dying, wondering since Nisemonogatari and now for 5 episodes, just what is in that closet? LOL

But that is a super awesome place to end it too. $#!^!!! Nadeko may be stupid but apparently she isn't THAT stupid...

Next episode should be a amazing though just 30 pages to adapt!

Still love seeing Hanekawa in Tiger hairdo and always love seeing Ononoki.

And dat foreshadowing... Kanbaru...
Dec 21, 2013 10:25 AM

Jul 2013
Another awesome episode of monogatari as usual. Can't believe this season is already going to end next week :(

So I was always confused about this part. Was Kaiki always trying to truly help Senjougahara and played the bad guy role? And since his true intentions didn't really fit his character he always ended up failing in one or more aspect? Don't remember the exact details from the novel since it's been years.

Also that devious Sengoku smile at the end >.<
Dec 21, 2013 10:57 AM

Sep 2012
ihusmal1234 said:
So I was always confused about this part. Was Kaiki always trying to truly help Senjougahara and played the bad guy role? And since his true intentions didn't really fit his character he always ended up failing in one or more aspect? Don't remember the exact details from the novel since it's been years.
It is the same in the novel as in the show there. But of course as he said in the beginning everything he says here may be a lie... but in that part at least he really is saying that he did it on purpose that way, and he doesn't want that to get out. That's what he wrote in Koimonogatari anyway, take it as you will...
Dec 21, 2013 1:06 PM

Aug 2010
So the closet didn't have anything significant in it?

Ougi isn't related to Oshino at all? She keeps interesting me more and more.

Kaiki's conversations with all 3 girls were awesome as usual :D

Ononoki's was the one I liked the most XD...He was a good guy lol XD What an anti Hero u are Kaiki XD...But those were some damn obvious foreshadowings there O_O

And at the end!! SHIT GOT REAL!! Nadeko just so easily figured out he's deceiving her and Dat yandere face O_O...I'll say it now. RIP Kaiki, u were a great character ;_;
Dec 21, 2013 1:08 PM

Mar 2013
That opening never fails to make me laugh. Kaiki you magnificent bastard.

One more episode to go. Gonna be a sad day next week.

Also, does anybody have any idea when Monogatari Final Series will be animated?
Bring back down votes on reviews
Dec 21, 2013 1:43 PM

Aug 2011
Looks like the deceiver got deceived in the end. Quite a cliffhanger there, SHAFT.
Dec 21, 2013 1:44 PM

Mar 2012
damn, nadeko was able to tell. I wonder if kaiki will keep putting up a front or try to fool her in another way ( negotiation ). whatever he plans, good luck!
Dec 21, 2013 1:44 PM

Sep 2012
nitrohawk said:

I thought they were skipping the OP but it was just late thankfully.

One more episode of Koi, then Hana next year, god I hope Kizu too then if Nisio ever finishes writing tinal season then Shaft can think about animating it but I would be happy if they just brought the books out as ONAs instead of waiting for him.
Dec 21, 2013 2:16 PM

Apr 2013
Well then, that ending was interesting. Deception failed. That Nadeko face. Man, next episode should be great.

Really liked hearing Kaiki and Hanekawa's conversation on her viewpoint of Nadeko and the whole situation.
Another amusing phone call between Senjougahara and Kaiki. The talk with Ononoki was interesting too.
Dec 21, 2013 2:23 PM

May 2013
I guess Nadeko isn't that dumb. Easily figured out that Kaiki was trying to deceive her. Can't wait for the next episode.
Dec 21, 2013 2:30 PM

May 2012
dem cliffhangers
Dec 21, 2013 2:45 PM
May 2009
welp
Dec 21, 2013 2:53 PM

Feb 2012
Well fuck the closet thing, I don't care about it anyway.

And yeah, after that ending, all I can say, RIP Kaiki.
Dec 21, 2013 3:06 PM

Mar 2011
Kaiki's look, his biting, venomous words about words themselves, his preparations for his deceit, a little look into his past, his motivations, that tension when he was talking to Nadeko...wow. Just wow.
Dec 21, 2013 3:10 PM

Mar 2013
hpulley said:
nitrohawk said:

I thought they were skipping the OP but it was just late thankfully.

One more episode of Koi, then Hana next year, god I hope Kizu too then if Nisio ever finishes writing tinal season then Shaft can think about animating it but I would be happy if they just brought the books out as ONAs instead of waiting for him.

Kizu is never going to be released.
Bring back down votes on reviews
Dec 21, 2013 3:13 PM
Oct 2012
Now the fun should begin. Kaiki should have known based on Nadeko's personality that his ploy had no chance of working, deceitful people always think that everyone else are deceitful, this applies even more to Nadeko than it does to Kaiki. Besides, he would never had told Hitagi his real plan. So that was his opening move, Nadeko knew from the beginning and has been waiting for this, her apparent stupidity (to the point of tripping) all part of her game, how will Kaiki respond?

Going to be fun to watch.
Dec 21, 2013 3:19 PM

Sep 2007
I haven't read the novels but the intro to this chapter and the title now makes more sense - does Kaiki have feelings for Hitagi?

Kaiki has been awesome in this chapter ...

Dec 21, 2013 3:25 PM

Jan 2013
the1337fleet said:
welp
Indeed.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Dec 21, 2013 3:39 PM
Oct 2012
BakaGekai said:
- does Kaiki have feelings for Hitagi?

Not exactly feelings, I think more like a grudging acknowledgment of her. When Kaiki tricked Hitagi, there was no pride in it for him as a professional: she had no choice but to believe in him, so desperate was her situation at the time. He expected her to be crushed by his betrayal, but she surprised him by coming out of it stronger than she was before, and while she hasn't forgiven him, she actually does feel gratitude that he helped her. I think this was a somewhat unique experience for Kaiki, and it makes him feel uncomfortable (though I am not entirely sure he is aware of this, on a certain level the person he has fooled the most is himself).
Dec 21, 2013 3:53 PM

Jan 2013
KAIKI DON'T DIE ON ME MAN! DON'T YOU DARE DIE ON ME!

Btw I don't know if it's a translation error ( I watched the Commie release ) but Nadeko said '' So, you're trying to deceive me too? '' Does that mean that someone before Kaiki tried to deceive her or its just an error from Commie ?

Mod Edit: Double Post combined.
rodacJan 29, 2014 12:35 AM
Dec 21, 2013 3:55 PM

Sep 2007
Takuan_Soho said:
BakaGekai said:
- does Kaiki have feelings for Hitagi?

Not exactly feelings, I think more like a grudging acknowledgment of her. When Kaiki tricked Hitagi, there was no pride in it for him as a professional: she had no choice but to believe in him, so desperate was her situation at the time. He expected her to be crushed by his betrayal, but she surprised him by coming out of it stronger than she was before, and while she hasn't forgiven him, she actually does feel gratitude that he helped her. I think this was a somewhat unique experience for Kaiki, and it makes him feel uncomfortable (though I am not entirely sure he is aware of this, on a certain level the person he has fooled the most is himself).

That certainly makes more sense, otherwise it's pretty creepy ...

Dec 21, 2013 3:59 PM

Apr 2009
Ha ha, well then
Dec 21, 2013 4:28 PM

Jan 2012
I think Nadeko realized Kaiki was deceiving her because he wasn't acting like himself like Ononoki. He'll probably get killed because how he's looking back at who he is as a person and Ononoki bringing up his past.
Dec 21, 2013 4:47 PM

Oct 2009
Lol totally owned at the end. I think Kaiki's lie is pretty lame, vampires don't die in car accidents. I think he has been hiding his real plan though. Time will tell.
Dec 21, 2013 4:48 PM
Mar 2013
marian11 said:
Btw I don't know if it's a translation error ( I watched the Commie release ) but Nadeko said '' So, you're trying to deceive me too? '' Does that mean that someone before Kaiki tried to deceive her or its just an error from Commie ?

I havent read the novels or anything but im assuming that because of her personality she feels like shes being deceived by everyone around her or that they are trying to deceive her which is why she said "too". Though i could be wrong XD
Talk to me! I don't bite!
Dec 21, 2013 4:51 PM

Nov 2012
damn what an episode..
kaiki is a good guy afterall hmm?
ononoki and her "peace peace" :3

btw I REALLY WONDER WHAT HAPPEN NEXT!
someone tell me.. the last episode is it will airing in next week or next year? :/

Stark700 said:

Peace, peace. Ah another great episode.

One more episode to go..I'm already starting to miss this show.

we have a same feeling bro :/
Dec 21, 2013 4:53 PM

Apr 2012
Whoops! Talk your way out of this one then Kaiki!
Dec 21, 2013 4:53 PM

Nov 2012
This was very interesting all the secrets about Kaiki's actions revealed and Nadeko WAS NOT deceived. Shit is going to go down in the next ep.
Dec 21, 2013 5:00 PM

Apr 2013
Ohhh my god, I don't think I'm going to be able to survive the wait of the next episode.
an egomaniac and a fool

Dec 21, 2013 5:33 PM

Oct 2011
DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN I WANT THE NEXT EPISODE SO BAD!!!!!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2013 5:36 PM
Dec 2011
YA DUN GOOFED KAIKI

I don't know what I'm going to do with myself if anything bad happens to Kaiki. The fact that the show is ending has me sad enough.
Dec 21, 2013 6:01 PM

Sep 2012
Darkiee said:
marian11 said:

I havent read the novels or anything but im assuming that because of her personality she feels like shes being deceived by everyone around her or that they are trying to deceive her which is why she said "too". Though i could be wrong XD

That's what the lady said...

Koimonogatari page 236,
「貝木さんも『私』を騙すんだね」 と、うっとりと微笑した。
"Kaiki san mo 'watashi' o damasun da ne" to, uttori to hohoe shita.
"Kaiki, you too have been deceiving 'me' eh?" she said and smiled charmingly.

The emphasis is on him too deceiving her (more people deceiving her), not him deceiving her too (as in him deceiving more people).

End of chapter 35. Can't say more without violating the don't spoil further rule.
hpulleyDec 21, 2013 6:10 PM
Dec 21, 2013 6:03 PM
Dec 21, 2013 6:08 PM

Sep 2008
it was so fast,,god...R.I.P. kaiki, you tried.....and failed
such a strong character, weird, strong but , oddly weak, he can just die like that O_O

eeeee....OVER!!! this is over already, those were 6 months damm it, how come awesome series like this end so fast!!!

well, at least i still havent finished the novels(plus wwaiting to see koyomi vamp=)
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Dec 21, 2013 6:10 PM

Dec 2011
As I expected, Nadeko would see through Kaiki.
Wonder if Kaiki is in trouble now... and how he will escape this predicament while still doing his job properly.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2013 6:24 PM
Oct 2012
Zero_r2 said:
it was so fast,,god...R.I.P. kaiki, you tried.....and failed
such a strong character, weird, strong but , oddly weak, he can just die like that O_O

Relax, the game should only be starting.

Everything that Kaiki says to other people is a lie, only when they flash his thoughts with the placards do we have any idea of what he is actually thinking, and even then I would be careful about accepting them as the truth.

I haven't read ahead, so I could be wrong, but no one would come straight out like he did and just state it. Even if Nadeko was an airhead she wouldn't have believed it that way, however if Nadeko was expecting him to lie to her (and from HPulley post it seems that way), Kaiki should have expected that.

If so, then by getting caught, he has cleared the first hurdle. Ironically in order to trick a liar you first have to get them to catch you lying, that way you conform to how they think you should be acting, and they no longer perceive you as a threat.

Twisted, I know, but strangely true. Which is why honesty really is, generally speaking, the best policy. Lying is like trying to understand 14 dimensional plane geometry.
Takuan_SohoDec 21, 2013 6:48 PM
Dec 21, 2013 6:25 PM
Oct 2008
So... was it deception, deception within deception or deception within deception within deception?
OP is just hilarious, I guess it's the first one in whole monogatari series I have never skipped...

Damn dat show's definitely fall's and probably year's best.
Dec 21, 2013 6:26 PM

Feb 2013
That OP!

Uh oh, Kaiki's busted!
Dec 21, 2013 6:36 PM
Oct 2009
Did they actually use the term "Ex girlfriend" in the novel ? now I'm a bit confused
Dec 21, 2013 6:58 PM

Aug 2012
amazing episode best one of this arc by far. Kaiki's character only gets more and more interesting every time he shows up. up until now it's been almost impossible to figure out his motivations but now that we know that he doesn't lie to hitagi and that he truly did do his best to try and help her he makes so much more sense now. Kind of crazy that the moment he showed up in nise he let us know he was just a fake but because his character is so well written we still always saw him as a bad guy. i'm starting to get sad knowing that the last episode is next week hopefully we get kizumonogatari sometime next year.
CripborneDec 21, 2013 7:08 PM
Dec 21, 2013 7:01 PM

Aug 2012
Holy crap....she caught on. Didn't see that coming at all. Stunned.
Kaiki is an awesome dude. I remember disliking him back then. But this whole arc really changed my perspective of him. Especially the talk with Onoki. Damn, one episode left. Can't believe it's coming to an end. For now I hope at least
Dec 21, 2013 7:05 PM

Sep 2012
MisterXX said:
Did they actually use the term "Ex girlfriend" in the novel ? now I'm a bit confused
Did you mean when Ononoki said it near the end of their conversation? She said 昔の女 "mukashi no onna" not 昔の彼女 "mukashi no kanojo" which is the usual term for ex-girlfriend. "Mukashi no onna" usually means matronly "old woman" but it doesn't make sense for it to be "old woman" there. Prior to that she says 他人の彼女 "tanin no kanojo" someone else's girlfriend, referring to Senjougahara being Koyomi's girlfriend so it was odd that Ononoki particularly said onna instead of kanojo and if you listen, she said exactly what is in the book. I think it actually meant, "girl from the past" here. At any rate, Kaiki says that's a misunderstanding in his next lines so whatever she meant, Kaiki thinks she is mistaken. Page 229, Koimonogatari light novel, near the end of chapter 34.
hpulleyDec 21, 2013 7:16 PM
Dec 21, 2013 7:07 PM

Jan 2013
One more episode to the epic climax and the...

I've been waiting for it since the beginning of the second season, and Shaft shouldn't fuck up.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Dec 21, 2013 7:12 PM

Aug 2013
Oooh busted! I hope whatever that insignificant thing inside the closet bails him out.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 21, 2013 7:17 PM

Apr 2013
Hahahaha oh shit, I fucking knew she wouldn't buy it.

As soon as he started speaking. "Araragi, his girlfriend, and the legendary vampire all coincidentally died in the same car crash. Emphasis on legendary vampire." Yeah, I'm sure nobody would have believed that. I sure as hell wouldn't have.
meltenvyDec 21, 2013 7:23 PM
おれはPigAmericanです
おれはばか

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape
Dec 21, 2013 7:24 PM

Apr 2013
I have to admit Kaiki was cool with his conversation with Nadeko, though that cliffhanger really got me. maybe though kaiki was deceiving Nadeko into believing that he is deceiving her, and then mess up with truths? it's really getting interesting, too bad it's the last ep next week.

can't get enough of ononoki-chan's bland yaaay. :))
Dec 21, 2013 7:25 PM
May 2013
Nadeko isn't that stupid. Kaiki is not that stupid either. There would something else Kaiki prepared to go up against her...cant wait for the last episode
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

101 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

723 by Yubisoft »»
Apr 16, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

245 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 12, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

204 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

222 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 3:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.