Forum Settings
Forums

Manga Author Quits Production Staff of Hyouge Mono Anime

New
Jun 16, 2011 5:38 PM

Feb 2008
According to their official facebook account, mangaka Yamada Yoshihiro and the editors of Morning Magazine are no longer responsible for the TV anime Hyouge Mono. The author's credit changed from "原作" (the original work) to "原案" (the original scheme). Yamada Yoshihiro and the editors refuse to give an explanation for the incident.

Taku Takahashi's song 'Ebi Sukui' has been used for the OP since the arrest of Kosuga Tsuyoshi.

Source: Hyougemono Facebook
Related topic: Theme Song Musician of Hyouge Mono Arrested for Possessing Marijuana
myanimelistllcApr 8, 2016 4:09 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 16, 2011 5:53 PM

Dec 2006
...I honestly never even heard of this show until now.
Jun 16, 2011 5:54 PM

Jul 2009
Project_MkUltra said:
And not a single fuck was given that day.

Sums up what im thinking pretty well
If your going to complain that Yu-Gi-Oh! Mangas are on the top NY times manga best sellers, you must not realize how popular Card games are(as well as the fact that you get a free card).
Jun 16, 2011 6:01 PM

Nov 2008
This anime just keeps falling apart ;/

^_-
Jun 16, 2011 6:07 PM

Dec 2010
Nobody's gonna know what with no subs, and all
Jun 16, 2011 6:08 PM

Jun 2010
Never even heard of this anime....oh well....
Jun 16, 2011 6:09 PM

May 2009
Subs fucking where. I wonder if this will affect the anime in any way? It's a good anime.
Jun 16, 2011 6:10 PM

Apr 2010
Dudewitbow said:
Project_MkUltra said:
And not a single fuck was given that day.

Sums up what im thinking pretty well

thats becuase the fansubbers are ignoring it pretty much... the few eps that got subbed where actualy pretty good, i wonder why he quit?

"If only if only, the woodpecker cried, the bark on the tree was as soft as the sky" || ♪My mind, heart is broken♫
Jun 16, 2011 6:13 PM

Sep 2009
Best show of the season?
Jun 16, 2011 6:19 PM

Jun 2010
grr, I Actually thought it was pretty good also when it was subbed
I hope it doesn't ruin it..
Jun 16, 2011 6:57 PM
Jul 2008
Sigh, I wonder why. It's a pretty damn good show.
Jun 16, 2011 7:06 PM
Aug 2007
Creative differences is what I bet it boils down to. I see very few reasons otherwise as to why the mangaka would leave the production staff. That's a shame, and I'm sure the anime is going to take a major hit.
Jun 16, 2011 7:21 PM

Feb 2008
only 116 likes on their facebook page haha

oh well i don't watch this show so no loss here.
Jun 16, 2011 7:26 PM
Oct 2009
This is the first time I ever heard of the show...that's kind of sad, isn't it?
Jun 16, 2011 7:44 PM

Jun 2009
All main characters and supporting characters are all balding old man? Wut?
Jun 16, 2011 8:16 PM

Dec 2006
Well what do you want me to say? It's true that I never heard of it. Lol.
I don't keep track of anime as closely as I used to. ._.

Besides. It doesn't look like something I'd be interested in watching anyway. >.>
Jun 16, 2011 8:19 PM

Sep 2007
TreF said:
These comments are fucking depressing.

Agreed. Really wish Huzzah would start subbing the show again, first anime I've enjoyed in a loooooooong time.
Jun 16, 2011 8:33 PM

Mar 2009
So, what does this mean for the show? And, unfortunately, it's not like I'll ever find out; Huzzah has disappeared.
Jun 16, 2011 8:36 PM

Dec 2006
It means that it most likely won't follow the manga anymore and will probably turn to crap. ..Maybe.

I hope it won't, for those who enjoy it.
Jun 16, 2011 9:04 PM

Sep 2007
TreF said:
QueenHarlette said:
negativedemyx said:
-Quasar said:

Who gives a shit if it's popular or not? I certainly don't and I've been enjoying the show regardless. I hope Huzzah hasn't given up subbing it entirely.
Jun 16, 2011 9:10 PM
Nov 2008
They probably fought about how bald the next character they introduce should be.
Jun 16, 2011 9:12 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
Darn. I was really enjoying the show. Seeing this gives me a forboding feeling.
Jun 16, 2011 10:21 PM

May 2010
Oh my god you guys are so mean lol, but I concur
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 16, 2011 11:23 PM

Apr 2010
Wasn't Kosuga Tsuyoshi the guy who was arrested for going back to get weed he left in a convenience store or something?

Jun 16, 2011 11:50 PM

Mar 2008
Mormegil said:
So, what does this mean for the show? And, unfortunately, it's not like I'll ever find out; Huzzah has disappeared.

nothing really it will continue on just the author has his credit changed and if he was on as a consultant he has quit.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Jun 16, 2011 11:52 PM

Oct 2010
Will the show was pretty stupid from the very beginning -__-..

Jun 17, 2011 12:11 AM

Jul 2008
zeon said:

Who gives a shit if it's popular or not? I certainly don't and I've been enjoying the show regardless. I hope Huzzah hasn't given up subbing it entirely.

Those who want subs care ^_^;
Jun 17, 2011 12:41 AM

Feb 2008
If I wanted to drink tea, I would go drink tea.
Jun 17, 2011 12:59 AM
Jul 2018
It's amusing that a NHK anime is getting more negative press than any other currently^^

dtshyk said:
Taku Takahashi's song 'Ebi Sukui' has been used for the OP since the arrest of Kosuga Tsuyoshi.

They started re-using it for one or two episodes later... then this and episode 11 had a really strange OP music.

But I wonder what the reasons are. The anime was not so far from the manga from what I've seen, sure not the best adaption, but there are worse situation.
Jun 17, 2011 1:25 AM
christmas cake

May 2008
notsureifsrs said:
Nobody's gonna know what with no subs, and all

This.

also...
dumbassbitch said:
You're all fucking idiots.

I guess you'd be an expert on that, right? : D
Jun 17, 2011 1:46 AM
Dec 2007
Haha, I knew Koichi Mashimo tends to polarize people, but it seems like he even pissed the original author of the work he's adapting ;)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 17, 2011 1:59 AM

Apr 2007
I hope this show is what finally sends bee train down the drain.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2011 5:20 AM

Jul 2008
But I wonder what the reasons are. The anime was not so far from the manga from what I've seen, sure not the best adaption, but there are worse situation.

The Mangaka probably didn't see any profit. Hell, it is a wonder anyone dared to pick it up: it was destined to not succeed.
Doubt anything will change tough.

If they were in danger, they would never adapt this. It is a show doomed to fail no matter how you look at it.
However, Beetrain doesn't give slightest shit of audience's opinion so they animate whatever they want.
Jun 17, 2011 5:26 AM

Jun 2009
TreF said:
QueenHarlette said:
negativedemyx said:
-Quasar said:

It's not 80's anymore. :(
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jun 17, 2011 5:30 AM

Apr 2009
TreF said:
QueenHarlette said:
negativedemyx said:
-Quasar said:

Indeed, quite a pathetic lot. Oh well, they miss out on one of the best anime this season...
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jun 17, 2011 6:13 AM

Nov 2008
well thank God cause this anime looks like it sucks
Jun 17, 2011 7:54 AM

Dec 2006
If I can find at least one episode to try, then I'll probably see if I really like it or not. But just from the synopsis... it's not really something that would appeal to me. I'm not really one for politics. And I like tea, but never really cared for tea ceremonies and such like that.

I'd probably read the manga though, if it were scanlated. But I heard that got dropped. >.>

And yeah. I never really judge anything unless I watch it. I'm not saying it's an awful show.. or something crude like that. I hate to see any show have production issues, because I know there's always some people out there that enjoy watching it.

Just like TTGL... it's just not really appealing to me. At least from the get go, anyway.

So what if I "miss out" on one of the "greatest anime this season"? ...Heck, that's just someone's opinion on it. And if I 'miss out' then I 'miss out', it's not that big of a deal.
Jun 17, 2011 10:23 AM

Apr 2010
jmal said:
rolddy said:
well thank God cause this anime looks like it sucks

Let's dissect the logic behind this comment...

1) You're not watching it, as evidenced by the "looks like".
2) You have nothing invested in this show and are not at all required to watch it, and its existence has no impact on your life or your fandom, especially given how incredibly low-profile it is.
3) And yet, you're happy enough to thank your deities that it's run into a production controversy.

Congratulations, you've provided a crystal-clear illustration of what is so wrong with so much of anime fandom.

(And before you call me a butthurt fan, I've not seen a single episode of the show and am not familiar with the original work either. I don't have to watch it to point out this sort of nonsense though.)

Another one of rolddy's pointless comments. He does this all the time. Then you look at this avatar and profile picture and just lol.

Jun 17, 2011 2:19 PM

Jan 2008
This would be annoying, but at this rate it's not as if we'll ever get to see the effects it has. Subs where?
Jun 18, 2011 8:56 AM

Jul 2007
TreF said:
QueenHarlette said:
negativedemyx said:
-Quasar said:

THIS.

Obviously if it had an underaged anime girl with famous voice actor as main character it would be rushed with subs.

However since its unique, awesome and ORIGINAL , it gets neglected.

Its quite sad that pretty much one of the BEST shows this season does not even get subbed.
Jun 18, 2011 10:50 AM

Jun 2008
lol, otaku.

Hyougemono is just too classy for you. ◔ ◡ ◔
Jun 18, 2011 10:54 AM

Nov 2008
I see those Hyouge Mono episodes when I look for raws, I heard it was boring so I avoid the series.

Jun 18, 2011 11:03 AM

Oct 2007
Hoppy said:
I see those Hyouge Mono episodes when I look for raws, I heard it was boring so I avoid the series.
You have MM! in your favorites. No one cares.
Jun 18, 2011 11:07 AM
Jul 2018
Seasonreaper said:
This would be annoying, but at this rate it's not as if we'll ever get to see the effects it has. Subs where?

Yeah. i didn't bother starting this because of the subs issue.
Jun 18, 2011 11:19 AM

Nov 2008
jpem said:
Seasonreaper said:

Yeah. i didn't bother starting this because of the subs issue.

Well the anime may not be for the average fan, it looks to be something for the 30-40 year old demographic which most of us aren't that age.

Jun 18, 2011 11:43 AM

Nov 2009
I'm one of those who found this show boring and dropped as well, probably because I'm not much interested in arts.
And slowly, you come to realize... It's all as it should be...
Jun 18, 2011 10:41 PM

Oct 2008
zeon said:
TreF said:
QueenHarlette said:
negativedemyx said:
-Quasar said:

I give a shit, because if it were more popular it would have more subs and this shit like people quitting wouldn't even be happening!
Jun 19, 2011 2:20 AM

Sep 2007
jmal said:
Congratulations, you've provided a crystal-clear illustration of what is so wrong with so much of anime fandom.

You are right, the guy is an moron (and probably a troll), but people who like to smell their own farts are also a big problem in anime fandom. Don't be one of those stuck-up fans. Take a step back and calm down, it was just one sentence and it, while ignorant, it was pretty harmless and inconsequential. There's no need to blow up or tout your superior intellect by typing out a "dissection of logic." Come on bro. You are better than that but there's no need to be a showoff. Don't feed the trolls.

Everyone watching/waiting for Hyouge Mono subs: Please settle the fuck down and don't bristle at every little comment by people who have no interest anyway. You're embarrassing yourselves.

Everyone who doesn't watch Hyouge Mono: Why even post in this thread? Just go watch whatever moe show is popular this week and keep your comments about stuff you don't even care about to yourselves...
Jun 19, 2011 3:40 AM

Sep 2008
Nayrael said:

The Mangaka probably didn't see any profit.

Not true. My guess is, from the first ep I saw and the first 2 chapters I read, the adaption stuck to the basics of the manga but changed some of the scenes; and I think the differences between the two might have widened with time.
Besides, the director sucks. He has a reputation for bad adaptions

Siing said:

amen

PS: lol @ retarded comments...
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Jun 20, 2011 1:19 PM

Aug 2007
Seasonreaper said:
http://huzzah.fansub-torrents.com/
Team Leader & Manager of ray=out.
A non-profit independent Japanese and Chinese anime/manga translation and subtitle provider.
http://rayout.org/ - Browse through our site to get to know us better.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Ore wa Subete wo "Parry" suru' Unveils Additional Cast, Staff, Theme Songs

Nioxys - 9 minutes ago

0 by Nioxys »»
9 minutes ago

» Manga 'Kinoko Inu' Receives TV Anime in Fall 2024

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by Zedlin »»
45 minutes ago

» Manga 'Kuroiwa Medaka ni Watashi no Kawaii ga Tsuujinai' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

15 by Ramkec »»
2 hours ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

40 by SinisterDeezNuts »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Kakushite! Makina-san!!' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - May 9

15 by Piromysl »»
Yesterday, 4:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.