Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 2, 2010 7:00 AM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Was a pretty good finale... Had some nice action, reusing dead characters without bringing them back to life, a younger version of the old lady, and a stereotypical but good ending with Matt...

The story itself was pretty well rounded... I haven't seen too many animes with such a confusing world turning out as good as this. A borderline 6/7 for me, leaning towards a 7 though.

And the anime has jumped from around 7.00 to 7.44... The new score is definitely a better reflection of the quality of the anime.
Apr 2, 2010 8:16 AM

Feb 2009
That was a really good ending to the show. The series itself was a very enjoyable watch and I'm glad I came back to it after having it on hold for a while.

The a lot of the characters didn't become likable until the end of the series, but the storytelling was what set it apart from the rest.

Overall a great show and I agree with llamaben, its score should be much higher than what it was at before.
Apr 2, 2010 9:49 AM

Jan 2008
Generic as hell ending but quite enjoyable series nonetheless. Solid 7/10 from me. Overall, a kiddy conclusion to a very dark and cruel anime. Has anyone managed to get their hands on the ost? Can't find it anywhere.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Apr 2, 2010 9:49 AM

Sep 2009
I'm surprised the rating jumped from 6.96 to 7.44. But I guess that's normal since most people rate a series after they finished watching it.

As for me, I haven't watched the last episode yet, but so far I would rate this series 8/10.

Let's see if It'll change after watching the ending...
Apr 2, 2010 10:00 AM

Nov 2008
Aw man, that ending was one of the most epic things I've seen in a while. Seeing everyone again, fighting for the world...awesome.

And I'm glad that the dead people stayed dead, reviving them would go against the series completely.

Young Ireia was HOT, and so was older Mirepoc. Matt stayed epic to the end, and when Volken was holding Hamy after the battle...yeah, that was adorable and fitting.

Still deciding between 8/10 and 9/10 for this series...
Apr 2, 2010 10:47 AM

Jun 2009
It was really a good way to close the anime and I'm really glad they managed to pull off a good way to end it without it being too open or having unresolved plotlines sticking out to much.

Of course it was sad that practically everyone who's still alive except Enlike, Matt and Milepoc is still practically a blank page because they ran out of time, but the finale was just so cool you could forget about it.
I think I will wait a while before actually rating the show, because I still need to think about wether or not I liked it enough to excuse episode 23 and 24 and give it something around a 9 or lower it to an 8.

Still one of the best light novel adaptions in recent day.
For everyone who want to check it out, I translated volume 1 of the novel.
-> http://seizonsha.wordpress.com/
Waiting for: God Eater (PSP)

私が、探偵だからよ。
Apr 2, 2010 11:50 AM

Jun 2009
Generic ending but overall a pretty decent series. The changing of like and dislike for a character throughout the series, for example Volken.

For me it started off strong then got weak but sticking with it, it picked back up and was looking forward to the next episode. It was good, overall a 7/10 for me.

Seizonsha, I might check out the light novel...thanks for translating and offering it.
Apr 2, 2010 12:26 PM

Jan 2008
8/10 for me too.
I really hated the fact that this series could have been A LOT better... :(
Apr 2, 2010 1:06 PM

Apr 2009
Oookaaay...this amount of cheese should be measured in like...kilocheddars.
Although I was happy to see Volken again (why I like that naive kid is beyond me, don't even ask; probably has something to do with Nakamura Yuuichi voicing him >.>)

When they started saying "By our power combined...", I almost expected a green-haired dude in speedos to pop out.

Well...yeah, complaining aside, I still enjoyed it, more or less. I don't think I'll be able to rate it though o.O
+10 for Matt in the last scene, this dude is indestructible. Too bad they didn't show Enlike.

Overall - could have been so much better, sadly.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Apr 2, 2010 1:13 PM

Jan 2010
The last episode was pretty good, they managed to show everyone (including Yukizona and Yuri) and not bring back to life people who died. Mokkania's 5 seconds were epic, and young Ireya is much cooler than most Armed Librarians, lol.

I was expecting Mirepoc to become the new Acting Director of the Armed Librarians. Well, she's a director now, but working for the government. :( At least she's married I think. And Matt's ending felt like "I've nowhere to go and no one waiting for me, so I'll just do something to fill the gap in my heart and mind, but without changing my awesome clothes". Good for me.

9/10 for me. I enjoyed the show from the beginning to the ending, and unique characters like Matt, Hamy, Yukizona, Mokkania, Ireya and many others, along with a cool storyline, made The Book of Bantorra a great anime imo.

PS: Genkidama always wins the day.
Apr 2, 2010 4:45 PM

Jul 2008
quickly cover mirepoc so she can complete the spirit bomb.. i mean get everyone's energy into one place to stop the end of the world.
so everyone who died stays dead, hamyuuts included, and matt is on the run, and thus the armed librarians are disbanded
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 2, 2010 4:46 PM

Aug 2008
Fleri said:
I'm surprised the rating jumped from 6.96 to 7.44. But I guess that's normal since most people rate a series after they finished watching it.

As for me, I haven't watched the last episode yet, but so far I would rate this series 8/10.

Let's see if It'll change after watching the ending...
The thing is, it had jumped BEFORE the episode was out...Subbed at least.
Apr 2, 2010 6:21 PM

May 2008
Such a lame ending.. even hamy became lame.. 7/10
Apr 2, 2010 6:40 PM
Jun 2008
Oh, distant future finale. I didn't mind it. At least we get the idea that Mirepoc went on with her life. Would have been nice to see what the rest of them did. I'm sure Enlike is out living in the mountains or some shit reminiscing about Noloty till the day he expires. I'd like to know what became of that lady who was pretending to be Mokkania's mother and those rich crazy siblings. Oh well, can't have everything.

As haphazard as that ending was, it was still nice to see Noloty for even ten seconds again kicking ass. And watching the dead Librarians made me wonder why all the interesting and cool ones died, and all the lame shitty ones lived.
Apr 2, 2010 7:26 PM

Nov 2007
Awful. Oh well! Didn't exactly expect anything more.

When everyone was being brought back as sandpeople within Ruruta I was thinking to myself "Oh, I can't wait til Ireia shows up!" and then she was young and it was such a WTF moment. Completely unnecessary, no point -- like most of Bantorra, tbh.

On the other hand, I will give the anime a thumbs up for keeping Matt around/alive. :D What a badass. Another thumbs up for eventually killing Hamutz. (MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED! It only took all 27 eps, haha.)

Overall, 3/10 from me.
Apr 2, 2010 7:27 PM

Jul 2009
Nice ride with the series, flaw here and there but pretty good ride solid 7/10 from me, and a bit surprised about the old hag become young again, Mirepoc is nice in the end too with that long haired XQ
Apr 2, 2010 7:33 PM

Jul 2008
The ending is a good one even though the series could have been better^^ it's good to see a young version of Ireia :D
Apr 2, 2010 10:25 PM

Feb 2009
One of the few series that I have seen recently where I can say that I did like almost every character in it, too bad most of them where either killed at the beginning of the series or near the end. Only interesting characters left where Enlike, Mattalast, and Mirepoc. They could have done more with the finale of this series, like show what all of the surviving Librarians have been doing after the 10 years skip. Agree with what most in here have said about the series, they could have done more with this series.

Volken in the last episode had a badass upgrade, and me like that. Hamy's farewell at the end was epic.

BTW the music was freaking beautiful.

Anyways really did enjoy this rare ride. 4/5 and overall I gave it a 8/10

Long live The Armed Librarians!
Apr 2, 2010 11:12 PM

Sep 2009
I don't even know what to say about the ending. Wow, I'm at loss for words, and it's not because it was good or anything special. I just don't know if I should feel disappointed or happy about it.

For one thing, I was kinda thrown off about the whole 'Team up with your enemies, resurrect everyone for a last final fight, and fight against giant monsters who are aiming to destroy the world' situation.

Was this show entertaining? Yes. But was it good? Haha, I don't know about that.

I have to say though: the whole 'deceased people turn into stone-like books' is pretty unique and original.

And I was greatly disappointed about Mirepoc. I know she had to move on, but I was hoping she would reunite with Volken one day. They were, like, my favorite couple of the series. I was disappointed she married someone else, but I'll get over it eventually.

Was this whole thing anime-original? Or were they following the novels faithfully? If it's the latter; did they catch up with the last volume? I sure hope so.
Apr 3, 2010 1:11 AM

Feb 2008
Haha, loved Vizac's reaction when they showed Ireia was young xD
Overall, I really enjoyed this show, especially these last episodes. Going to give it a 9/10.
Apr 3, 2010 1:27 AM
Aug 2008
Overall I guess I liked the series, but it was too short for how much was in it.
There were a lot of unique characters who got very little screen time and 0 lime light
Apr 3, 2010 4:45 AM

Apr 2007
kage-bunshin said:
quickly cover mirepoc so she can complete the spirit bomb..

This.

Fleri said:
Was this show entertaining? Yes. But was it good? Haha, I don't know about that.

This.

tehnominator said:
And watching the dead Librarians made me wonder why all the interesting and cool ones died, and all the lame shitty ones lived.

And this.
Apr 3, 2010 5:39 AM

Aug 2007
Psh.

They seriously couldn't decide on how it would end so they just put all their ideas together and there you go.

5/10

Loved Volken and Hamy btw <3
Apr 3, 2010 6:35 AM

May 2008
A bit undecided but I think I will go for a 6/10 since the final episode was a bit generic, enjoyable show nonetheless
Apr 3, 2010 2:07 PM

Aug 2008
3/10

I've never seen so much deus ex in one episode of a show in my life. To top it off, that's how every arc ended in the first place. The show couldn't tell a story to save it's life, and I can't believe it's getting the scores it had.

Poor Hamy. She had to be wasted in such a horrible, horrible, horrible show. I really can't believe that Mirepoc had the gall to say that Ruruta saved the world, and that Matt corrected her, saying it was everyone being manipulated by Mirepoc's powers. Hamyuts Meseta is the savior of that garbage world. They deserve to be annihilated if they can't understand that simple fact.
Apr 3, 2010 3:32 PM

May 2008
Hmmm, quite nice way to end the series and I don't know why but I'm a bit disappointed it's over. It wasn't that good what I was expecting at the begining and I even dropped it once, but I couldn't help but continue till the end and I'm quite glad I did. Maybe I'll give it a 7/10 after all, they managed to keep my attention somehow...
Apr 3, 2010 8:27 PM
Dec 2009
noteDhero said:
3/10

I've never seen so much deus ex in one episode of a show in my life. To top it off, that's how every arc ended in the first place. The show couldn't tell a story to save it's life, and I can't believe it's getting the scores it had.

Glad you wasted your time since you've repeatedly said this earlier in the season. And to top it all up, you decided to piss and moan about it in every TBOB thread like a broken record. I don't know... Seems like you are not as smart as you try to acknowledge everyone. If you are, you would have made an intelligent decision to drop this 'anime' right away. But I guess you are not...

noteDhero said:

Poor Hamy. She had to be wasted in such a horrible, horrible, horrible show. I really can't believe that Mirepoc had the gall to say that Ruruta saved the world, and that Matt corrected her, saying it was everyone being manipulated by Mirepoc's powers. Hamyuts Meseta is the savior of that garbage world. They deserve to be annihilated if they can't understand that simple fact.

Yah poor her... She had to waste her talents in this episode by doing nothing but run around with a badly drawn wound. I mean OMG she couldn't even kill that beast that bit off a hefty chunk off her arm when even one of the lowest sand librarians could kill them off in this episode.

Yeah I also thought that Mattallast just talked out of his butt, but then I decided you use my common sense and basic comprehension and reread the subs. And wadayaknow it doesn't take a genius to figure it all out. I kno I kno things are easier when you try a little bit harder, ain't it?

Oh I never knew you are such a nihilist. My name is reading comprehension. Nice to meet you.
Apr 4, 2010 3:18 AM

Aug 2008
It wasn't really a waste of my time. You seem to remember all the negative things I've said about the show, but not the positive: that I find Hamyuts to be one of the most radical female leads in anime for a very long time, if not one of the most original female characters that I've ever seen, and that I could always rely on her to say the things that I was saying to myself. That kind of character is very rare for me, so that much value isn't lost on me. Unfortunately, she wasn't enough to make up for the abysmal storytelling which had a lot of people thinking/wishing/hoping that Colio, Noloty, or Volken were the leads, and to just write her off.

I'm sorry that you don't think I'm smart because I try to acknowledge everyone and that I don't consume anime the same way that you do. I have my reasons for watching shows, and if people have a problem with my opinions, then that's fine. It's a discussion, and I'd like to discuss it. I stay on topic as best as I can, and I try not to make personal attacks on others. I think that's all that's necessary here.
Apr 4, 2010 4:01 AM

Apr 2009
Oh wow. We're getting a bit personal there. Can't we just assume that noteDhero has a bit different taste than KathyKaboom and leave it at that? It's not like he's saying "all you who enjoyed it are idiots, don't even talk to me"; he's just stating his opinion, which happens to be negative in this case. (Rather, it was you who said he's not smart...) Whether he wastes his time or not is not our problem...
Btw, I'm not writing this because I'm positive that someone cares for my opinion on the matter xD Just something I wanted to say for a long time, seeing all the comments similar to this one.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Apr 4, 2010 6:50 AM

Apr 2009
ok ending.. seems to be a quite nice way to bring the series to the end..

meh.. 8/10.. can't say the stories are consistently good.. while some are unique or entertaining, some were boring, confusing and feels like i've seen somewhere.. can't decide if i like the characters too, some of them don't make sense but some of them are really outstanding.. animation is so so, not great and bad cgi usage but characters are drawn ok.. loved the epic bgm's (i need to find the OST.. somebody kind enough to give me a link?).. and voice acting was kinda good.. overall, i enjoyed it and it has my favors but i can't say it's amazing..
Apr 4, 2010 9:55 AM
Jun 2008
Ehmmm...that is fast.Too much character makes me hard to focus .Feel as if the creator of this story create dozen of story and forcefully lump in all together.
Apr 4, 2010 2:51 PM

Apr 2007
KathyKaboom said:
noteDhero said:
3/10

Glad you wasted your time since you've repeatedly said this earlier in the season. And to top it all up, you decided to piss and moan about it in every TBOB thread like a broken record. I don't know... Seems like you are not as smart as you try to acknowledge everyone. If you are, you would have made an intelligent decision to drop this 'anime' right away. But I guess you are not...

noteDhero said:

Yah poor her... She had to waste her talents in this episode by doing nothing but run around with a badly drawn wound. I mean OMG she couldn't even kill that beast that bit off a hefty chunk off her arm when even one of the lowest sand librarians could kill them off in this episode.

Yeah I also thought that Mattallast just talked out of his butt, but then I decided you use my common sense and basic comprehension and reread the subs. And wadayaknow it doesn't take a genius to figure it all out. I kno I kno things are easier when you try a little bit harder, ain't it?

Oh I never knew you are such a nihilist. My name is reading comprehension. Nice to meet you.

Lmfao.
Apr 4, 2010 3:52 PM

Jun 2009
Hated it...
Apr 4, 2010 5:40 PM

Mar 2009
THAT WAS SO RIDICULOUS.
But if you gave up on expecting a well-written conclusion, it was fun and badass. Mirepoc became less interesting than ever, bleh. Matt and Noloty were cool. Vizac and the others made some nice comebacks, though I've no idea who the grey-haired fire-spewing dude was. Ireia was ROFL EPIC. Volken managed to be not annoying and *almost* cool. Hamy stole the whole damn show any time an inch of her was on screen or made reference to, duh.

Ruruta does not deserve to be in this show.
Apr 4, 2010 9:54 PM

Apr 2009
There's no reason discussion threads have to be an echo chamber full of people agreeing how awesome a show is.

Weaker than the last few which is a shame, but still a pretty good episode. Cool to see things come full circle, Ruruna is once again given the power of the world to save it from destruction and correct his mistake from the last go around. The reunion of the dead Armed Librarians was a treat even though Hamyuts secret power, while explaining things, was kind of stupid. Forcing book eaters to eat books. How convenient. Finally, Mattalast as a fugitive sounds awesome. I'd watch that series.

All in all I'll need to rewatch the series. Not just because it's that kind of show, but because for personal reasons there were several times where I saw the episodes weeks apart. I'm leaning towards an 8/10, though. Considering what a meat grinder this was for characters it was quite good at creating interesting characters I cared about in a very short span of time. Both with their backstories and the present plot. I also found the plot pretty engaging, first with the Library vs the Church and later with the revelations about the truth behind the Church/Library and Heaven. Great soundtrack, awesome fights. I wish there had been enough episodes to go over what was in the source material, it's a shame to think there's more to the story that I'm missing out on.

It does have some of the most retarded names in fiction ever devised. Ruruna Coozancoona? WTF... :P
TeufelApr 4, 2010 9:58 PM
Apr 5, 2010 7:58 AM

Jan 2010
Is there any novel with an after story?

I got curious about characters like Yukizona, Yuri or Enlike and their future.
Apr 5, 2010 2:33 PM

Jun 2009
rhap said:
Is there any novel with an after story?

I got curious about characters like Yukizona, Yuri or Enlike and their future.

It's all based on a 10 volume novel series.
They ran out of time after the story of volume 6 (episode 22) and had to cram the remaining 4 volumes (dealing among others with characters like, Yukizona, Yuri, Kathary, Ireiya, Olivia, Enlike and some others).
Certain things from the first 6 volumes were cut, too, but not as bad as the later half.
If you're interested I'm trying to translate the novel as a fanproject.
Waiting for: God Eater (PSP)

私が、探偵だからよ。
Apr 5, 2010 3:57 PM

Jan 2010
Ah yeah, I saw your post. Awesome work. I'll start reading it today I think, just need to relax a bit from uni.
Apr 5, 2010 6:10 PM

Apr 2008
i think it was hilarious. i was confused half of the time, but it kept me entertained as hell.

points to this ep for:
1. young ireia!!!!!
2. hamy's death in volken's arms (v's such a nice guy it makes me kinda sick)
3. milepoc's new hairstyle (honestly!)
4. milepoc / matt relationship
5. fact that the long dead guys didn't come back to life

nice ending to a good show... and i need some time to evaluate it.
...::never knows best::...
Apr 6, 2010 2:09 PM
Dec 2007
Was a fantastic ending battle, very epic and badass, although the final scene with Mirepoc and Matt did not fit to the series. Still a very unusual and creative show with highly interesting characters, both enjoyable and hateful ones. Despite all the technical and structural flaws, it was a really good watch till the end. 8/10

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 7, 2010 4:08 AM
Feb 2009
Oh man, so many characters got their chance to be epic in this episode.

seizonsha said:
They ran out of time after the story of volume 6 (episode 22) and had to cram the remaining 4 volumes

Yeah, these last few episodes were kind of... not as good as earlier episodes, but they were still enjoyable. I am going to rate it 9/10 for now because even though this anime isn't great, it was still very enjoyable. I only wish they continued trough one more season. That way they wouldn't have to cram last 4 volumes in 5 episodes.
Apr 7, 2010 7:13 PM

Jun 2007
Not sure how people can call this Generic when it was pretty unique in it's own way. A Generic ending would have been everyone that died coming back to life and everyone living happily ever after. Sure a happy ending is Generic but that's what 99% of all anime and movies do now a days lol.

As for the series, I thought the beginning was pretty shitty. They had so many inconsistency's and errors it wasn't even funny. However after the 5th or 6th episode they started to do a better job with the story and keeping things consistent. The idea of having stories within stories was interesting and entertaining but also very confusing at times. I'm actually a bit depressed with how they ended the series though. They definitely rushed it at the last second. It would have been nice to see how things panned out after the world was saved via first hand in staid of just a quick flash back and everyone all happy go lucky. O well, still a good watch.
Apr 7, 2010 8:56 PM

Mar 2009
lots of random animal monster fight and stuff, but still a pretty good ending to an amazing story.
it's crazy, that the battle for the world was fought inside ruruta's world.

lol @ sexy mirepoc lol and matt hitting on her haha...

i also loved the show, giving it a 9/10. a little rough around the edges, but they did many many stuff so well.

hamy T_T
Apr 14, 2010 7:34 AM

Jan 2008
I waited for this anime to be complete so I could marathon it in one go, and man am I glad I did that.
It's a memorable show for all it's diffrent characters and their stories--excuse me, books.

Liked, if not loved it.
8/10
I hope you have a lovely day ♥ヾ(๑❛ ▿ ◠๑ )
Apr 19, 2010 3:08 AM

Sep 2008
Phooey, in the end, Mamiko Noto never got to exact the suitable amount of justice.
Iriea showing up young was probably the best part. Vizak must have been some stud when he was young though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2010 12:58 PM

Jan 2009
First of all... Lol Uhm.. That.. Dude... What's his name again? ...Right, Colio xD.

Second.. Noloty : D

Third. The second Lascall Othello : D

Fourth, Volken, at last he was pretty awesome : D

My favorites in this whole anime, were those four. Colio because........ I dunno lol, Noloty because <3 and Lascall #2 because.. <3? (Though of all the people she could've chosen to wake, she chose Mirepoc? >.>......Oh wait that's why? xD) And Volken because......... Uhm.... Well not because of his stupid righteousness at least 8D
Or something 8D

.....8/10, I guess? Most of this anime was 7-8, but the ending made up for that, so I'll just go and give it a 9/10 : D

Also.. I wonder how a spin-off about Matt's quest to restore books would be? xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
May 6, 2010 10:20 PM

Jul 2008
This series had and interesting story just not well told. The character's definitely saved the series, so many great ones.
Three Thousand Realms in a Single Moment
Jun 1, 2010 4:54 AM

Dec 2007
First I thought this series is boring but when I watched further it became quite interesting.
The ending was great :)
Jul 20, 2010 7:56 AM

Oct 2007
GTFO

Still wonder what the point in all this was ... -,......,-
The anime basically is: gayshit, gayshit, gayshit ...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2010 4:13 AM

Sep 2009
Young Ireia was so HOT and it made laugh how Vizac said how come she is the only one who gets to be young? xD
i liked how everyone fought to save the world and i liked what Matt was planning to do at the end
this series started as a 7 for me and now is 9 :)
because i really enjoyed it even the ending which made me think of DBZ xD

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra Episode 15 Discussion

Laevantein - Jan 8, 2010

35 by Illyricus »»
Yesterday, 2:28 PM

» Where can I stream this?

happyanime2942 - Jan 5, 2022

2 by Foreall908 »»
Jul 4, 2022 6:45 AM

Poll: » Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mrokand - Oct 23, 2009

88 by Slimsith »»
Nov 30, 2021 9:50 PM

Poll: » Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra Episode 26 Discussion

kariohki - Mar 26, 2010

37 by SomaHeir »»
Jun 6, 2021 5:24 PM

Poll: » Tatakau Shisho - The Book of Bantorra Episode 25 Discussion

kariohki - Mar 19, 2010

25 by SomaHeir »»
Jun 2, 2021 8:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.