Forum Settings
Forums

Am I pervert for playing as a female character in video games?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 21, 2016 11:33 AM

Jul 2013
Most games have male protagonists, and girls play them. So no. You're not a pervert. It's normal, if you ask me.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Jan 21, 2016 11:45 AM
Jul 2018
Its normal, I play as guys and I make avatars as dudes and I am a girl.
Jan 21, 2016 1:58 PM

Sep 2014
I've been seeing and hearing this kind of shit since I was 15. Am I really doomed to continue seeing threads like this on countless sites for the rest of my living days?

No, it doesn't make you a pervert, it just makes you rather irritating for asking a "question" that's already been asked 58,351,524,113 times beforehand. Seriously, do a google search for "males playing as female characters", you'll get like 1.2 million results.

The PS3 is more retro than this crap at this point.

/rant
Jan 21, 2016 2:48 PM

Oct 2012
SH4kun said:
Honestly, if you don't play as Cammy, Laura, Chun-Li or R.Mika in SFV at least once you are not a man.

Meh, just play with I-No in GG.

Jan 21, 2016 2:51 PM

Aug 2013
This question is pretty silly. Surely it's the motivation behind your playing as a certain sex that determines whether it's for perverted reasons or not, and not the fact that you're doing it. If you made a female character just so you could see her panties, then yeah, that a pretty shallow reason, and it certainly sounds juvenile and perverted.
Jan 21, 2016 7:20 PM

Oct 2012
I guess I'm a perv because I enjoy looking at and playing as a female
*top tier waifu material*

Jan 21, 2016 9:56 PM

Apr 2015
Lol i do that all the time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 21, 2016 10:01 PM

Feb 2013
loli glass cannon for life. always fun and exciting
Jan 22, 2016 3:54 AM

Jun 2013
Well i play as male characters......well it's just a preference.
Jan 22, 2016 4:10 AM
Jun 2014
Havoctheend said:

loooool wtf is that? Is that Blade and Soul?
'The way of the wang is long...and hard'
Jan 22, 2016 5:01 AM
May 2009
Jan 22, 2016 5:29 AM

Dec 2014
Why would you be a pervert for doing that? Female characters are mostly more varied than the boring and stereotypical male ones.
Jan 22, 2016 7:14 AM

Oct 2012
Sexymofo said:
Havoctheend said:

Lyn master race!!

Jan 22, 2016 7:16 AM
Jun 2014
Havoctheend said:
Sexymofo said:

Lyn master race!!

What game though fam?
Jan 22, 2016 7:20 AM

Oct 2012
Sexymofo said:
Havoctheend said:

Lyn master race!!

What game though fam?

Blade and Soul...

Jan 22, 2016 7:26 AM
Jun 2014
Havoctheend said:
Sexymofo said:

What game though fam?

Blade and Soul...

lol I made an afro guy but your character looks funny, I might try to make one like that
Jan 22, 2016 8:04 AM

May 2015
Comic_Sans said:
I've had to play as a male character in games my whole life and I'm not a perv

I have literally no idea what you are talking about

well he did sayhe does it to see the girl in her pantsu...
Jan 22, 2016 4:53 PM

Oct 2012
That brings me back to the good ol' days of 2005 when i used to pretend i was a girl to get free items in MMO's.

Yeah, I probably play as a female character 66% of the time lol. Its just easier to look at for several hours at a time, not that i'm leering at it or anything. There are certainly better things to look at for that kind of thing.
Jan 22, 2016 4:54 PM

Nov 2014
If I were to play 10+ hours into something, I would rather look at a girl's butt.
Pretending to be a girl makes you a pervert.

Jan 22, 2016 7:24 PM

Jan 2013
If you make a female character in a game heavy on role-playing, like a table-top rpg, you might actually want to look into getting a sex change. It sounds to me like you're a lesbian stuck in a guys body.

If you don't hate yourself or your own body, then play your own gender.
Jan 22, 2016 7:54 PM

Jul 2012
Demi_V said:
Most games have male protagonists, and girls play them. So no. You're not a pervert. It's normal, if you ask me.
OP basically said hes playing a female to see her underpants lol.

Yes, you're a pervert OP. Is that an problem? No not really. The way I see it is if you have the option to play as one or the other, which would you prefer to stare at the back of for hours?

There's your answer.
Jan 22, 2016 8:15 PM

Mar 2008
Nah, follow your dreams of pantsu.
Jan 22, 2016 8:22 PM

Sep 2015
Gator said:
Khaosman-Prime said:
No. A lot of people d that, more than they dare to admit. Even I do it, for different reasons. Yes, sometimes pantsu reasons too. But I usually play male characters in games like Mass Effect or Dragon Age when my choices matter more as I like to be myself and I'm a guy in real life.

I love you, man.

I love you too, bro

Bromance is a potato and lube mixed together which represents the bond of a thing of bros and stuff and and and and AAANNNNND cux
Jan 23, 2016 2:28 AM
Feb 2015
no it just means you're uncomfortable with your gender
Jan 23, 2016 2:57 AM

Sep 2014
No, why would you be a perver for that?
Since when is the character supposed to represent yourself, huh?
I almost always play female characters in MMO.
Jan 23, 2016 3:36 AM

Feb 2008
The question is, why WOULDN'T someone play with a female character. Female characters always have better customization options.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jan 23, 2016 3:42 AM

Apr 2011
The reason you made a female character is to see virtual pantsu. Definitely seems like something a strange pervert would do.
Jan 23, 2016 4:27 AM
Jun 2014
ZetaZaku said:
The question is, why WOULDN'T someone play with a female character. Female characters always have better customization options.

Nice, I like that afro.
Jan 23, 2016 11:32 AM
Jun 2014

I finally got her some pantsu ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 23, 2016 11:34 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Maybe you are but tons of people do that so don't mind so much..

Depends on the game and the class which gender looks best to me though. Mages and archers for example tend to consist of super sexy females but incredibly gay-looking dudes; pretty easy choice there
Jan 23, 2016 12:30 PM

Aug 2013
Depends on your reasoning, for your reasons yes u perv. I tend to play or replay a lot of games as a female character but not for perversion reasons.
Jan 25, 2016 11:41 AM

Jan 2016
I only play female characters in MMOs. I don't think that it is perverted. Rather I think it is perverted to play male characters as a male in MMOs for two reasons:

1. You have to look on a male Ass while you are playing.
2. A workmate explained me, why he is playing male characters. He said he plays them because he can
empathize with that character. And you think that is not perverted?

I would call that very sick.
Jan 25, 2016 12:28 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Lufti said:
I only play female characters in MMOs. I don't think that it is perverted. Rather I think it is perverted to play male characters as a male in MMOs for two reasons:

2. A workmate explained me, why he is playing male characters. He said he plays them because he can

Empathizing is perverted? Uhm... what? Ever heard of self-insert characters? >.>
Jan 26, 2016 1:56 AM

Feb 2015
One huge reason why I prefer to play as a female character.
I don't want to stare at a male buttocks for several hours.
Jan 26, 2016 2:02 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Slappiz said:
What if it's a first-person game?
Jan 26, 2016 2:12 AM

Jul 2014
Im always a girl in any game that allows it. I just feel it more, I don't know why. Iv always been more on the girl side for things, its just the way I am.

Only exception is if I could make Gut's in a game.
Jan 26, 2016 2:22 AM

Feb 2015
HaXXspetten said:
Slappiz said:
What if it's a first-person game?

In a first person game I obviously don't care about my character. I don't have a fetish for feets so I'm fine with either male or female.
Jan 30, 2016 9:17 AM

Jan 2013
Lufti said:

Google the word empathy.

Either you're a troll or you're really stupid.
Jan 30, 2016 1:29 PM

Jun 2009
I tend to play as female characters when given the option. I don't specifically role-play them so much as treat them as their own character, like they are a movie character or something like that. It's fun, and generally more interesting to me than a traditional male character as, for example, Shepard from Mass Effect.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 30, 2016 3:07 PM

Aug 2013
Also generally male characters are made super boring and feminists say its females who are degraded in games? guys are all buff meatheads or prettyboy's with the boring looking gear and armour possible and boring voices and boring character interactions. basically most not all guy characters are short changed slates as characters while the females get a ton of body shapes, cool armour and generally get taken better care of in development.
Jan 31, 2016 6:24 AM
Jun 2014
Spooks said:
Also generally male characters are made super boring and feminists say its females who are degraded in games?

I agree, some games are better than others when it comes to character creation options. I was trying to make a character in Wildstar but the options for males were shit. Blade and Soul is great because they give you so many options and hair styles.
Jan 31, 2016 6:30 AM

Apr 2012
Spooks said:
Also generally male characters are made super boring and feminists say its females who are degraded in games? guys are all buff meatheads or prettyboy's with the boring looking gear and armour possible and boring voices and boring character interactions. basically most not all guy characters are short changed slates as characters while the females get a ton of body shapes, cool armour and generally get taken better care of in development.
Pretty much what mah nigga is saying here.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jan 31, 2016 7:02 AM

Mar 2014
Immahnoob said:
Spooks said:

Really? I mean I have played soul caliber, skyrim & the like & it doesn't seem like that way to me. Maybe just its bad choice of rpgs? Idk.

> "i think Youtube is a pretty cool guy. eh sucks viacoms dick and doesn’t afraid of anything" - anon
Ban me plz
Jan 31, 2016 7:09 AM

Jul 2012
There are two types of men in this world. Perverts that talk about it out in the open, and closet perverts who don't.
Jan 31, 2016 7:17 AM

Jan 2015
Idk are you gay if you playin male characters when you're male too
Jan 31, 2016 7:26 AM

Apr 2012
TornadoTheDragon said:
Immahnoob said:

Really? I mean I have played soul caliber, skyrim & the like & it doesn't seem like that way to me. Maybe just its bad choice of rpgs? Idk.
Not all of them are.

Autocrat said:
Jan 31, 2016 11:13 AM

Oct 2012
Spooks said:

Dude, what if i want to play an unassuming fat guy in an MMO? Fuck, i cant do it because i gotta make this turbo-muscular "I hit the gym 5 times a week" douchebag. Also outfits on males can be more reasonable than the female counterparts but you cant tell me that alot of MMO's exaggerate masculine features for the female gaze.
Jan 31, 2016 11:16 AM
Jul 2018
Sexymofo said:
just so I can see her in her pantsu. Am I fucked?

THAT is what makes you look as an actual pervert. Playing a girl isn't pervy at all though. But that's my own view. I can understand why some would defend this saying it's not pervert at all... Mh.
Jan 31, 2016 11:18 AM

Apr 2012
@FontSize72LOL
FontSize72LOL said:
Dude, what if i want to play an unassuming fat guy in an MMO?
Many don't even have customization.
FontSize72LOL said:
but you cant tell me that alot of MMO's exaggerate masculine features for the female gaze.
Why not?

Autocrat said:
Jan 31, 2016 11:39 AM

Oct 2012
Immahnoob said:
@FontSize72LOL
FontSize72LOL said:
Dude, what if i want to play an unassuming fat guy in an MMO?
Many don't even have customization.
FontSize72LOL said:
but you cant tell me that alot of MMO's exaggerate masculine features for the female gaze.
Why not?

Lol, don't read too far into what i was posting, while it is true that i do wish that Males got more customization options, I was half shit-posting. I play Female characters 67% of the time since they generally offer more customization and they're generally more pleasing to look at. If Males had more variety, I'd probably play them more.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

56 by BitChilly »»
37 minutes ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
41 minutes ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
1 hour ago

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
3 hours ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.