Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 11, 2013 9:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Natsumi you and your video game skills.

Renge was also cute again with the fists. This wasn't cute though: http://i.imgur.com/tUbxntT.png
Oh Renge lol. Natsumi was kinda silly this episode. Poor her.
Nov 11, 2013 10:03 AM

Oct 2012
Don't open Hotaru's closet.
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/aaieba149/imgs/4/a/4af02ff6-s.jpg
Now you know why Hotaru had to transfer to a new school in a different city.
Nov 11, 2013 10:47 AM

Nov 2008
Hotaru is yandere, just look at all those Komari dolls, and her willingness to hide them doesn't help. I was like please don't let Renge open the closet, please no.

Komari's cat doll she made has the same cat's eyed expression she does occasionally.

Nov 11, 2013 10:52 AM
Dec 2012
The sparkler scene was impressive visual-wise.
Nov 11, 2013 11:20 AM

Mar 2012
LOL "koma-gurumi"

And then some more koma-suffering. Oh well, at least they didn't overdo it this time. And Natsumi got her "Armageddon" too.
Nov 11, 2013 1:35 PM

May 2012
okanagan said:
http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/aaieba149/imgs/4/a/4af02ff6-s.jpg

lol

Yet again, the episode ended too soon T_T

Not to say the episode wasn't amazingly amazing. Just that I was having so much fun that the time just flew by and those 23 minutes of joy were over before I realized it.

I can't wait to get Sentai's release of this~
Nov 11, 2013 1:42 PM

Dec 2011
Natsumi's silent conversation with Komari... with their mother sitting between them scolding her...

And Suguru runs so fast that he leaves a trail of blue light behind him.

Their mum is way too obsessed with grades. Natsumi's description of it as Armageddon actually seems somewhat appropriate. The others seem able to escape somewhat, though. Probably mainly because Natsumi takes all the flack. And Natsumi always passes the blame onto something else.

Hotaru has a disturbingly large collection of Komari dolls.

We get to meet Hotaru's mother. Who inevitably sends them up to Hotaru, in her room, surrounded by her collection.

Floating Ren-chon, redefining the rules of tag into a completely different and unrelated game.

Hotarun plays along to avoid Ren-chon finding her collection. But she gets overwhelmed and... knocks open the door of her closet. Cue piles of dolls dropping out all over the floor. With the inevitable reactions.

But all is resolved and they decide to all make dolls of each other. Natsumi's Ren-chon is a disaster. Ren-chon's Gu is barely any better. Komari's cat face is quite nice, but lacking a body.

Playing house. Hotaru is the mother, Komari the father. Ren-chon, therefore, is obviously the flying fish. An essential part of any family. And settles down to act out a fish which is quite literally out of water. Pichi Pichi Pichi.

Of course, the scarer in the test of courage is the one that gets scared. Of a ghost. A real, living ghost: Suguru.
kuuderes_shadowNov 11, 2013 1:47 PM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 11, 2013 1:56 PM

Jul 2010
He's fast! the brother is really damn fast! xD
Oh, and of course, REN-CHON <3
Nov 11, 2013 2:03 PM

Dec 2011
okanagan said:

Would be funny if that had actually happened before.

vampko said:

Yet again, the episode ended too soon T_T

Not to say the episode wasn't amazingly amazing. Just that I was having so much fun that the time just flew by and those 23 minutes of joy were over before I realized it.

I can't wait to get Sentai's release of this~

Just watch it again. 23 minutes of joy becomes 46.
Noone over here releases this sort of series, unfortunately. But I'll be getting it from Japan so oh well. Not sure if I'll be getting this particular volume though - these past two episodes have both been brilliant, but neither have been of the sort that make me feel that I absolutely must buy it, as episodes 1 and 4 did.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 11, 2013 2:10 PM

May 2013
Nice episode as usual.

Hotaru's obsession with Komari is insane, but those Komari plushies were cute. I think I want one now.
Nov 11, 2013 2:36 PM

Mar 2009
Non Non Biyori continues to be a very charming show.
Nov 11, 2013 3:45 PM

Aug 2010
I should grab a wad of bills and slap it across Hotarun's face until I get a Koma-gurumi, too. They were adorable. But her whole room being covered in them.... more scary than the shrine part ^^"

Ah well, Hotarun is a class A Komaddict, she just can't help it.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Nov 11, 2013 4:01 PM

May 2013
Obsession overload! All those Komari dolls that Hotaru made lol.
Nov 11, 2013 4:29 PM
Oct 2010
Kid Natsumi already had a bad attitude (deflecting so casually), but she was so cute... If I had a daughter like her I probably would not be able to properly lecture her.

Anyway... those dolls... XD
1 or 2 would be fine, but she made an army. XD
At least she was able to pass it as "practice"
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Nov 11, 2013 4:58 PM

Oct 2013
Ever since the 4th episode, I couldn't fully enjoy this show anymore..
None of the latest episode could top of that 4th episode
:(
"Burn the heretics"
Nov 11, 2013 5:05 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Lol they didn't find it suspicious at all that Hotaru made so made Komari dolls, good for Hotaru. The sparklers were really pretty at the end ^^ And that older brother, love how he scared Komari on accident, and when Natsumi asked if Komari was doing her job, he nodded...
Nov 11, 2013 5:14 PM

Jan 2011
Mormegil said:
Non Non Biyori continues to be a very charming show.

so true.

not the best episode but still funny jokes and some beautiful sceneries. this time i enjoyed the stuff the brother did. ^^ he is an awesome character. alwasy somehow part of the show but calm, quiet and relaxed, the perfect counterpart to the girl gang. ^^ btw the whole modern life should be not so rushed like this show.
Nov 11, 2013 6:29 PM

Nov 2012
Lol at the sign chat between Natsumi and Komari.Lol a bunny XD.
http://imgur.com/KITrLls

Lol at rebellious young Natsumi.

Hotaru's Komari obsession.So many Komari plushies,too cute.

Damn,Hotaru's growth spur.

Lol at Ren-chan's Gu plushie.

Flop,flop,flop.Lol at Ren-chan drowning.

Failed Test of Courage.I see a ghost.
http://imgur.com/dA8x7xX
Lol at when Komari when rolling around in the box.

Beautiful firework/sparklers.Was a bit touched during that scene nearly cried cause it was so sweet.
VanishingKiraNov 11, 2013 6:32 PM
Nov 11, 2013 8:00 PM

Oct 2013
Renge's version of tag involving impersonating a demon, and Hotarun's comical demon impersonation were hilarious.
I also like the 'let's play house' gag. Hotarun was obviously happy to be Komari's wife, but Renge plays the role of their child; a flying fish!!

Notice that Komari's plushie cat face was pretty good, but Natsumi's plushie-Renge is just a cylinder with eyes and tentacles. Ha ha ha! Renge could probably make a more naturalistic version of Gu, but she opts to make what looks like a Gu-cushion.
Nov 11, 2013 8:04 PM

May 2012
redtailrav said:
Renge's version of tag involving impersonating a demon, and Hotarun's comical demon impersonation were hilarious.
I also like the 'let's play house' gag. Hotarun was obviously happy to be Komari's wife, but Renge plays the role of their child; a flying fish!!

Notice that Komari's plushie cat face was pretty good, but Natsumi's plushie-Renge is just a cylinder with eyes and tentacles. Ha ha ha! Renge could probably make a more naturalistic version of Gu, but she opts to make what looks like a Gu-cushion.

Nah, while Renge's got a much higher mental maturity than she should for her age, and even a higher intellectual level, it's been shown that her creative skills are at her age level already. That was Renge's best effort.
Nov 11, 2013 8:44 PM
Jul 2013
Epic sign language at the beggining + brothers lightning speeding dash! That first segment was gold.
Hotarun's obsession with senpai is... worrisome... she is still adorable!

Ahh, lovely as always. The art for the backgrounds/scenery still amazes me, so beautiful and adds a lot to the peaceful atmosphere.
Nov 11, 2013 8:53 PM

Aug 2013
"Where did you hide the tests?"'
"In your closet, under the futon."

ARMAGEDDON! XD! Their mom is actually really patient putting up with that kind of attitude from Natsumi. If I did that bunny act in front of my mom while being scolded, I probably won't be alive to type this comment haha.

Was I the only one who instantly smiled when Ren-chon called out to Nattsun and Komari on the road? Also, the return of Nyanpasu~~!

Hotaru's definitely a yandere. The Koma-plushies were cute but seeing that many was kind of creepy. Nice save by Ren-chon when Hotarun's closet got opened.

Natsumi's Renge plushie was just a cyclinder with stuff sticking out as ahoge XD

MAL has this at 12 episodes. We're halfway through. I don't want this to end :(
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 11, 2013 9:12 PM

Jul 2013
Another relaxed, heartwarming episode.

Sucks that Natsumi has her low scores and been spotted by her caring mother. A tripped to Hotaru's house, with her plushin dolls of Komari being too noticeable XD. A failed advantage to scare Natsumi though. LOL her brother just walks by and didn't even noticed him. The ending scene is somewhat relaxing though.

Nov 11, 2013 9:24 PM

Jan 2013
That game console looked like a cross between the fat ps3 and the ps4. I think it's more towards the ps3 so I WONT count it as the first appearance of a ps4 in anime.

Also the sparkler close up at the end looked like live action video. It must of been right?
Nov 11, 2013 11:27 PM

Sep 2012
RediceRyan said:

Also the sparkler close up at the end looked like live action video. It must of been right?

i was thinking the same. it blended in really nicely though.
and of all the SOL's ive seen with similar fireworks scenes, the one in this episode looked the nicest.
Nov 11, 2013 11:40 PM

Dec 2011
Ajunky said:
At least she was able to pass it as "practice"

But it was practice. Practice for making more of them.

I wonder what Kazuho made of their projects.

I wonder how they made the firework sparkle closeshots (http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w597/Gorimzos/biyori_zps58c122d7.png), I doubt they just normally cg-animated them and adjusted brightness levels. Maybe real video picture added with some color control and blurring? Well dunno, interesting pictures anyway.

You're right. That does look real. They fit it in so perfectly I didn't even notice.
Nov 11, 2013 11:45 PM

Nov 2011
This episode was sooo funny xD

Every time that's all for today message comes up I cry a little inside xD
Nov 11, 2013 11:56 PM

Sep 2013
Senpai obsession much? :P

I got to say I expected the brother to be the scarer, I think that would of been really funny :D
Nov 12, 2013 1:28 AM

Dec 2008
I wouldn't mind at least one Komari plushie.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Nov 12, 2013 1:30 AM

Nov 2010
That bunny scene .. haha ... and nice ghost story, poor Komari.

So far, this anime has been amazing for me, i really love all the characters, silence between the scenes and all the other little things about it.
Nov 12, 2013 3:32 AM

Dec 2009
Why is Ren-chon so awesome?
Nov 12, 2013 3:34 AM

Sep 2012
HitoriTomoyo said:
I wouldn't mind at least one Komari plushie.
I am sure they will sell them, merch is what this is all about.

And yeah, the sparkler shots looked so good I think they must have been real but I don't care, they looked perfect to me!
Nov 12, 2013 3:43 AM

Mar 2013
Wow, I thought all those asian mum stereotypes were just vast over-exaggerations. I'm so glad my mum was never like that or I'd have hated school even more than I already did. I don't see how screaming at your kid is meant to encourage them to do anything in the pursuit of learning.
Nov 12, 2013 6:47 AM

Apr 2010
The part with the Komari dolls was funny wonder how much time Hotaru spend making all of those.
End the part about home work also made for some nice entertainment Natsumi and Komari's mother can be pretty harsh on them when needed by the looks of it.
But in Natsumi's case it's needed she is pretty stubborn and a bit to easy going at times.
Nov 12, 2013 7:38 AM

Oct 2012
For me, the scene where Natsumi got chewed out by her mom for her bad report
card was memorable. I'll give her mom a lot of credit for caring about her
daughter's academic future. It was very interesting to see Natsumi bowing down
in that very formal way when her mom was scolding her. From what I know,
that is a formal way of bowing, called a "zarei" (座礼). I can only think of one
other time in anime where I saw somebody do a zarei. It seems to be associated
with highly cultured people in formal situations. So it seems that Natsumi comes
from a good family. The procedure for doing a proper zarei involves a number of
well-defined steps, and the posture is strictly specified. After her mom discovered
all of the test with zeroes, it just happened that she was holding a "futon beater"
which is what you use to beat your futons in order to remove the dust. So it was
just Natsumi's bad luck that her mom happened to be holding the futon beater
at that specific moment. You can compare with Chapter 10 in the manga and it
is basically the same. If somebody gets angry and tells you to do a 座礼 just
do a Google Image search for 座礼 and you will find lots of photos as well as
step-by-step instructions. More generally, there are many other ways to bow
which you can see by Googling Images of お辞儀. In addition to that, there is
a special formal way of sitting called "seiza" (正座).
Nov 12, 2013 7:41 AM
Oct 2010
Aversa said:
The part with the Komari dolls was funny wonder how much time Hotaru spend making all of those.
A long time I presume, not just there were many, but they were all very well made (which highlights even more her obsession).

On the bright side, we could say that Hotarun is very skilled at sewing, specially considering her age.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Nov 12, 2013 7:49 AM

May 2013
I was surprised by the locals reactions to Hotarun's obsession with Komari, I was fully expecting someone to say "creepy" or something similar. I suppose if the tittle of this anime was "Shiki" then Hotarun would drink Komaris blood and she would think is some kind of Tokyo fad or something O_o; Albeit this village seems even smaller than the one depicted in Shiki (so far there is no "main street" nor government facilities beyond the school).
Nov 12, 2013 7:51 AM

Nov 2012
ah why is this show so beautiful? :-)
loved the scene where they lit the fireworks, it's such a slice-of-life cliche but it was so pretty in this one.
and i loved the brother this episode. first when he ran really fast and then when he went to the shrine :D
Nov 12, 2013 7:56 AM

Sep 2012
Hotarun almost got away with her Komari-kurumi dolls. But it is so sweet that no one suspects her being obsessive towards Komari.

And who knows the scariest task may be to be the person who does the scaring not the one who is to be scared?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 12, 2013 8:16 AM

Nov 2010
Natsumi's Armageddon was a really good comedy
Hotaru's Komari complex was scary
The other three managed to make a school project out of it

The end part was cute and beautiful with the fireworks
Nov 12, 2013 8:31 AM

May 2012
symbv said:
Hotarun almost got away with her Komari-kurumi dolls. But it is so sweet that no one suspects her being obsessive towards Komari.

And who knows the scariest task may be to be the person who does the scaring not the one who is to be scared?

I knew! being with others is always more reassuring than being alone in terms of a scary setting. Well, unless the others are in on the scaring xD
Nov 12, 2013 8:36 AM

May 2013
vonPeterhof said:
LOL "koma-gurumi".

that is the best part and this is the best episode so far, 5/5

i LOLOL when that Koma-gurumi falls out of the closet and i laughed at the word "nee-chan gurumi" :D
Nov 12, 2013 12:56 PM
Feb 2012
Watching this in combination with Nagi no Asukara makes for the perfect mix of emotions. One breaks my heart countless times and the other one heals it.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Nov 12, 2013 1:31 PM

Dec 2011
okanagan said:
So it was
at that specific moment.

Given that her mum had been airing out the futons it's hardly surprising.

symbv said:

It's gradually becoming more and more obvious, though. Long gone are the days when the only hint was being unusually pleased at being given a sweet.

How long can Hotaru hold onto her positive image?
Nov 12, 2013 2:47 PM

Oct 2011
Whoa she has so many plushies of sempai XDD

Dat fireworks or sparklers was nice.
Nov 12, 2013 5:35 PM

May 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
okanagan said:
So it was
at that specific moment.

Given that her mum had been airing out the futons it's hardly surprising.

symbv said:

It's gradually becoming more and more obvious, though. Long gone are the days when the only hint was being unusually pleased at being given a sweet.

She's just gotta keep on building up points with Koma-chan like she did during the fireworks scene. Then, even when Komari realizes that Hotarun's yandere for her, she won't freak out too much!
Nov 12, 2013 7:45 PM

Oct 2012
Oh my Hotaru did make so many plushies of Komari
Nov 12, 2013 8:21 PM

Sep 2012
Have to say the firework at the end was marvelously animated, and it even seems to be an anime original, not from the manga. Just great.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 12, 2013 9:55 PM
Aug 2013
So many dolls :0
Good episode I really enjoyed all of it.
Nov 13, 2013 1:44 AM

Aug 2013
vampko said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

symbv said:

She's just gotta keep on building up points with Koma-chan like she did during the fireworks scene. Then, even when Komari realizes that Hotarun's yandere for her, she won't freak out too much!

LMAO why do I feel like a doujinshi with this plot would pop out one of these days?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2013

263 by Lowsttt14 »»
Mar 30, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2013

234 by bassyey »»
Mar 2, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2013

192 by Shikkakku »»
Jan 12, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2013

157 by Shikkakku »»
Jan 11, 2:30 AM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2013

260 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 29, 2023 9:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.