Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 3, 2008 1:22 AM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So ep 17

Ohkay....that was one hell of episode...

t seems that

Where will Suzaku's path take him?
What is Schneizel Planing?

too much of stuff to make my head spin >_>
Aug 3, 2008 1:22 AM

Apr 2007
PLOT TWIST: C.C. GETS A BANDAID RING
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Aug 3, 2008 1:24 AM

Feb 2008
Lulu swallowed the worst humiliation by Suzaku... so this is the tast of mud.
Yeah, I expected Suzaku was stalked.
I didn't remember Gilford hadn't geassed yet. His loyality to Cornellia worked adversely.
Now Lulu abandoned his dependence on Suzaku! There is not tuning back.

Wait, how did Lulu foresee Gilford be at the site?
dtshykAug 3, 2008 1:28 AM
Aug 3, 2008 1:35 AM

Jul 2007
dtshyk said:

Easy...
Aug 3, 2008 2:15 AM
Jul 2018
hated it.

im emotionally upset.

that is all.
Aug 3, 2008 2:30 AM

Jul 2007
How will nuke spoilers come true with his geass still in effect? And also Guilford was there because orange-kun called em~ only lulu showed up and BAM GEASS SMACK booya. Now schn. knows about geass now~ Wonder how things will turn out.. Very interesting indeed
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day..."
Aug 3, 2008 2:31 AM

Feb 2008
Fai said:
dtshyk said:

Easy...

Both are Black Knights...cool!
Aug 3, 2008 2:45 AM

Feb 2008
What happen to Xingke in the end? =(

Aug 3, 2008 5:56 AM

Feb 2008
Hahaha, I totally knew he was going to get caught but Fagzaku. Totally knew this was going to happen.
Aug 3, 2008 6:46 AM

Jul 2007
dtshyk said:
Fai said:
dtshyk said:

Easy...

NO. you got it wrong >_>

Lelouch is Batman.

Zero is Black Ranger
Aug 3, 2008 8:32 AM

Apr 2007
lol.
Fai said:
dtshyk said:
Fai said:
dtshyk said:

Easy...

NO. you got it wrong >_>

Lelouch is Batman.

Zero is Black Ranger
--
I want suzaku to die :O

Aug 3, 2008 8:34 AM

Feb 2008
Lelouch-hime! Simply loved that part xD

I kind of desliked Suzaku's quickly change of heart (unless I'm mistaken and he is still a complete asshole), and I hated even more when he stepped on Lelouch-hime's head.
But I wonder if he's actually going to use the nukes, or the Geass in him will kick in, and prevent him from bombing the Settlement.
Aug 3, 2008 8:39 AM

Nov 2007
what was with that half assed explanation from Lelouch to Suzaku? he couldn't really tell him what happened with Euphy and Shirley? Suzaku just might of understood if he didn't lie about everything including why he helped the council. You'd think if Schneizel was going to capture him he'd of done better than that? Granted he didn't know about Geass then but those guys sucked.

Xing Ki being badass was one of the highlights of this episode. what was up with Kallen, her boobs seemed to grow since last episode, lulz. whatever charles is doing will decide the battle anyway.

I feel for Lelouch though, again he feels betrayed and it's only going to get worse. the black knights will betray him, plus who knows what kallen is thinking. you can tell that whatever happens with nunnaly and anya will make him just go psycho even more.
mystikAug 3, 2008 8:56 AM
Aug 3, 2008 11:39 AM

Jun 2008
super epic episode
>> originally it didnt look that great from last weeks preview.
lelouch got owned by suzaku (i was waiting for a curb stomp)
but then lelouch pulled another grand scheme out of his ass again.
CANT WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK!

Aug 3, 2008 11:47 AM

Jul 2007
To think that he was little more than a joke after the Orange incident... Jeremiah's pretty gar right now.
Aug 3, 2008 12:13 PM

Jan 2008
Anyone else get the feeling that the writers are making this crap up as they go? I thought CG plot couldn't get any more ridiculous after the first season, but boy was I wrong...

Aug 3, 2008 12:20 PM
Apr 2008
I guess this is what you call a climax.
Aug 3, 2008 12:47 PM

Jul 2008
great episode, now we know what happen to ohgi and villeta, too.

Aug 3, 2008 12:55 PM

Apr 2007
Girugameshu said:
I guess this is what you call retarded.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2008 1:05 PM
May 2008

Neverender said:
Girugameshu said:
I guess this is what you call retarded.

you are hilarious
Aug 3, 2008 1:13 PM

Apr 2007
You disagree? I mean, don't get me wrong; I enjoy this show but how was that entire episode not retarded as hell? One second Suzaku and Lelouche are enemies, the next they're buddies again, and the next, Lelouche assumes Suzaku set him up, making them enemies once again. It's a vicious cycle of stupid.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2008 1:19 PM

Jul 2007
Neverender said:
You disagree? I mean, don't get me wrong; I enjoy this show but how was that entire episode not retarded as hell? One second Suzaku and Lelouche are enemies, the next they're buddies again, and the next, Lelouche assumes Suzaku set him up, making them enemies once again. It's a vicious cycle of stupid.

Wrong...its how humans act. Hell, wars start over puny misunderstandings.
Aug 3, 2008 1:38 PM
Nov 2007
8GaugeBrett said:
Anyone else get the feeling that the writers are making this crap up as they go? I thought CG plot couldn't get any more ridiculous after the first season, but boy was I wrong...

That's been pretty obvious for a long time now, I'd have thought.

My favourite stupidity in this episode has to be Suzaku's reaction of, "Oh no, Lelouch misunderstood me! Now I have to nuke him." It was a tough competition for the title of stupidest event of the episode against Lelouch listening to Suzaku's entire speech about how he should keep fighting as Zero, and THEN thinking Suzaku betrayed him ANYWAY, though.

Really, once again things are happening just because the writers say so, not because it makes any kind of sense.
Aug 3, 2008 1:42 PM

Apr 2007
Fai said:
Neverender said:

Wrong...its how humans act. Hell, wars start over puny misunderstandings.

Yeah, since Code Geass is a realistic representation of human behavior.

are you fucking kidding me
Aug 3, 2008 1:56 PM

Dec 2007
WAHa_06x36 said:
8GaugeBrett said:

That's been pretty obvious for a long time now, I'd have thought.

My favourite stupidity in this episode has to be Suzaku's reaction of, "Oh no, Lelouch misunderstood me! Now I have to nuke him." It was a tough competition for the title of stupidest event of the episode against Lelouch listening to Suzaku's entire speech about how he should keep fighting as Zero, and THEN thinking Suzaku betrayed him ANYWAY, though.

Really, once again things are happening just because the writers say so, not because it makes any kind of sense.

mby lulu thought suzaku was smooth-talking him to make him feel betrayed once again as an atonement for waht he did to euphy. suzu DID betray him before for that reason. so its logical, really. and suzu got mad cus he had been betrayed by britannia you can say. also he wanted to save nunnaly as you might have noticed and that plan got kinda spoiled cus of schneizel, dont you think? as lulu would do anything to save nunnaly at this point, suzu may be worried about what he is going to do to save her, thats why he was "oh noes, he misunderstood". or something like that anyway. so i dont think it was fucked up at all
Aug 3, 2008 2:26 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
welcome to the psychology of Geass World...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 3, 2008 3:03 PM
Dec 2007
Neverender said:

I agree with you on one thing : it's totally ridiculous for someone as insightful, meticulous and clever as Lellouch not to understand that Suzaku didn't set him up and was simply followed by Schneizel's men. Even a kid could have seen that. For the rest, this episode seemed pretty realistic for me, if you take the point of view of the script writers.

Overall, it was a very good episode that cleared up a number of things and developped pretty well the characters' relations, while introducing a great climax next episode with Rolo... cough... saving... cough... Nunnally (not a great idea once again from Lellouch...). Quite interesting how this second season is becoming better and better though, whereas the first season was totally the opposite (it started well but the last 5 or 10 episodes were not really satisfying).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Aug 3, 2008 3:23 PM

Mar 2008
Well, it's not like Lelouch KNOWS Rolo might kill Nunnaly.
Aug 3, 2008 3:37 PM

Jun 2007
Man they really are making this up as they go.
Rolo will probably end up (attempting to) killing Nunnaly, which will then turn into the Anya/Nunnaly thing. I bet the reason most of the spoilers are true, is because the creators are actually reading them xP
Aug 3, 2008 4:10 PM
Aug 2007
well this episode was pretty good. At least its back 2 war again. Uhm well even tho Lulu is very intelligent and normally he wouldve seen through schinel's plans.. but cmon think harder Lulu knows 100% well that Suzaku hates his guts because of Euphie and he even used him 2 get a promotion ranking. It wouldnt be surprising if Suzaku betrayed him again so Lulu came 2 that conclusion. He risked it cuz Lulu still thought that deep inside Suzaku still saw lulu as a friend(which he did as we clearly saw in this episode). So when the ppl came Lulu was quick 2 assume that Suzaku still hated him and took this as an offense. Its the same as how Suzaku instantly thought that Lulu was Shirley's murderer when he heard the news.

U guys r only saying how stupid lulu is cuz u definitely do not know his situation but actually know more than his situation and dont take his feelings into account.

Lulu noted himself that keeping his cool self and showing now mercy was the way 2 go so u can infer that he did the exact opposite when confronting Suzaku(was emotional,
Aug 3, 2008 4:17 PM

Jan 2008
Very badly paced episode. Completely stupid break-beck pace that makes me feel dumb watching it. Geass R2 kills brain cells.

Lame lame way to put a division between Lelouch and Suzaku.

Why the hell would Lelouch put Rolo in charge of getting Nunally? I think we can all see where that's going.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Aug 3, 2008 4:25 PM

Oct 2007
Jacut said:
Neverender said:

I agree with you on one thing : it's totally ridiculous for someone as insightful, meticulous and clever as Lellouch not to understand that Suzaku didn't set him up and was simply followed by Schneizel's men. Even a kid could have seen that. For the rest, this episode seemed pretty realistic for me, if you take the point of view of the script writers.

Overall, it was a very good episode that cleared up a number of things and developped pretty well the characters' relations, while introducing a great climax next episode with Rolo... cough... saving... cough... Nunnally (not a great idea once again from Lellouch...). Quite interesting how this second season is becoming better and better though, whereas the first season was totally the opposite (it started well but the last 5 or 10 episodes were not really satisfying).

I actually thought this scene was handled pretty well. It's not like Suzaku and Lelouch became chums in that scene. He only agreed to keep Nunally safe if Lelouch found a way to end the war. And the insinuation there was that Zero would call off the Black Order's attack. Not an unreasonable response since Suzaku himself would like to keep Nunally safe, whether it's LL's wishes or not.

So LL said, "there are no miracles. It's all calculation and arrangements," which was a pretty telling quote for that scene. LL had been betrayed by Suzaku before so he obviously prepared for the possibility that it'd happen again. Which is why he had Orange call Guilford for the contingency plan. Now whether he'd believe Suzaku if Suzaku told him that he had nothing to do with it, who knows. But it's clear LL wasn't exactly at his level-headed best right at that moment. Plus, he's also obviously still pissed as hell about Suzaku delivering him to the Emperor for the first brainwash.

Anyway, similar to you I also thought this was a really good episode. There weren't any new (or random) plot twists thrown in, and everything seemed to develop pretty naturally. Well naturally as far as naturally goes in CG-land. =P

hatebobbarker said:

lol, agreed. Although Rolo with his geass is probably the only one that could walk in there to take Nunally. But I think the whole incident with Suzaku goes to show how desperate LL is to try to get Nunally out of there. I'd be shocked if his recklessness doesn't cost him. Rolo not killing Nunally would be a twist.
rabbitpoetsAug 3, 2008 4:30 PM
Aug 3, 2008 4:26 PM

Feb 2008
Rolo rescuing Nunnally = a BAD plan.

Aug 3, 2008 4:31 PM

May 2008
Someone please kill Ohgi now..
Aug 3, 2008 4:37 PM
Aug 2008
i hope the creaters of this anime pull a stunt and bring bak empress marianne cuz i think she's still alive (possibly) n i think the empreor has more secrets up his sleeves n they might reveal in the end that he was acutually helping lelouch, well it usually happen in twisted anime like these
Aug 3, 2008 4:39 PM
Nov 2007
I can't be the only one thinking how much of a double-edged sword the Geass placed on Guilford was. Let's just say a new fire has started for a lot of yaoi fangirls...

And lulz at the people still taking everything Code Geass came to offer seriously. Rule of thumb: once you see a frequent product placement in a show, it becomes impossible to see it as anything but an extra-cheesy stuffed crust deep dish serving of entertainment.
Aug 3, 2008 4:40 PM
Aug 2008
plus i think anya might be c.c.'s sister or sumtime of reletive because wen both of their knightmare's bashed each other, anya memories flashed about the geass ppl!! or anya memeries could of been activated cuz c.c is the giver of geass, plus i hope the tat knight of ten dies, i hate him, so evil, damn vampire!!
Aug 3, 2008 4:44 PM
Jun 2008
I don't think that LL is using Rolo to save Nunally 'cause he knows he killed shirley out of jealousy, or at least i hope that's the case. There's a twist waiting there i think.

Giving Suzaku the nuke is a great idea, either he vaporizes alot of 11's and goes emo, or goes emo and kills his comrades...

And i think Kallen got plastic surgery, they grew epically in the last episode, i swear...
Aug 3, 2008 4:45 PM
Nov 2007
uchiha99 said:
plus i think anya might be c.c.'s sister or sumtime of reletive because wen both of their knightmare's bashed each other, anya memories flashed about the geass ppl!! or anya memeries could of been activated cuz c.c is the giver of geass, plus i hope the tat knight of ten dies, i hate him, so evil, damn vampire!!

Organize your thoughts first before speaking
Aug 3, 2008 4:46 PM

Nov 2004
LOL @ Lelouch telling Rolo to be the commander in charge for the Nunnally rescue plan. Considering that Rolo killed Shirley already, Lelouch should be even more careful with that guy. And I was like 'meh' with the oncoming friendship that has lead to betrayal thanks to Schniezel. Now they are both misunderstanding each other. The only thing I liked on Suzaku's part was that he was able to recognize Lelouch's eyes. That he realised Lelouch was obviously lying about his sins (Lelouch was placing on blame on himself and making it sound like every deed he did was for his own benefit, rather then because he just wanted the people important to him to live ).
Aug 3, 2008 4:52 PM

Jan 2008
ChandraNalaar said:
And lulz at the people still taking everything Code Geass came to offer seriously.

I honestly cant remember the first season being this stupid...

And its not about taking it seriously. The fact is that people who have the sense to point out this season's stupidity are 'lulz'ing at the ones lapping it up, because they're the ones taking it seriously. The rolfcopters that they are.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Aug 3, 2008 4:55 PM

May 2008
I wonder if Rolo's geass will go out of control before the season ends, just like it happened to the other geass users... that would be pretty awesome, but I'm guessing it won't.
Aug 3, 2008 5:17 PM

Apr 2008
Great episode.

Kanon is so blatantly gay. :(
Cornelia's arm must be asleep, lol.
And Lelouch...seemed like, overly emotional during his talk with Suzaku. I guess anything having to do with Nunally's safety makes him upset?

Tamaki, ugh. Knew he'd betray Lelouch.
D:
Aug 3, 2008 5:32 PM

Jun 2008
awesome episode
I'm curious to find out what Charles is up to. Seems to be coordinating something across the entire world
Aug 3, 2008 5:40 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
at least this episode was better than some of the first part of this season....

sigh.

and yes, Sunrise has reputation of making everything up as they go....Let's just hope they're not doing this to Gundam 00 too in the upcoming fall...
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Aug 3, 2008 5:47 PM

Apr 2008
Aww, and they were about to kiss.
Aug 3, 2008 5:57 PM

Mar 2008
a bit of a sad episode, and i'm pretty much certain now that R2 is going to have a tragic ending. the end of the episode DID completely pump me up for episode 18...looks like it's going to be awesome.
Aug 3, 2008 6:15 PM

Apr 2008
Ok ok, that was rly good episode and I cannot wait for next.

And now something bout Shneizel:

And remember - thou shall bown to me soon! ^^
Aug 3, 2008 6:29 PM

Jan 2008
I feel bad for Lelouch and Suzaku because Suzaku didn't know he was being followed and Lulu just felt completely betrayed which is understandable

Aug 3, 2008 6:31 PM

Nov 2007
omg finally. i am so glad that suzaku finally realized that lulu was lying about everyone's death. only took him forever.

the past is so skewed since the emperor can rewrite memories. even more than before it seems as if the emperor did this all on purpose to use lulu to purge the world.

edit: as to rolo going to save nunnaly, who else is there. the one person he tried to rely on was suzaku and that failed miserably. there is noone else really capable of going to save nunnaly anyhow. all the other fighters are much better suited for the battlefield than for trying to sneak in and save a person.
direblissAug 3, 2008 6:35 PM
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Kallen's future after ending

Arminken - Yesterday

5 by Arminken »»
Yesterday, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

yuzuko - Apr 20, 2008

239 by Delritos »»
Mar 29, 9:00 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Sep 28, 2008

1901 by DarkVoyagerx »»
Mar 25, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 17, 2008

435 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 21, 2:23 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dtshyk - Jun 29, 2008

291 by Dante9231 »»
Feb 20, 2:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.