Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 13, 2008 7:15 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Most of the episode focusing on the preparation for the festival, some comic relief scenes, and of course Nagisa stumbling on the truth of Sanae and Akio.

For some reason I was imagining Nagisa pulling a Yandere act when she found the photos to prolong the series a little long >_>
\
Mar 14, 2008 6:48 AM

Nov 2007
Poor Nagisa when she found the pictures and she looks so down in the next episode preview, but why does it say final episode?
Mar 14, 2008 7:12 AM

Sep 2007
Nadeshiko said:
Poor Nagisa when she found the pictures and she looks so down in the next episode preview, but why does it say final episode?
There are 22 episodes plus an extra episode.
Mar 14, 2008 8:56 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007

Good episode, we're getting to it. I love how Mai Nakahara can do these sad voices for Nagisa, it's so awesome. Sanae and Akio were awesome again, I'm looking forward to next week.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 14, 2008 10:00 AM

Apr 2007
Aaaaargh! Such bad timing for the ending! I'm so anxious to see how Nagisa will do in her play. She was so cute wearing the costume! I also can't explain the huge smile that appeared when Tomoyo patted her on the head and said that she was glad that she was the one. Tomoyo, daisuki~! Awesome episode. So sweet, and then it turned so sad towards the end. A week seems like such a long time right now...
Mar 14, 2008 10:05 AM

Sep 2007
"I'm glad it was you..."
This scene was very touching...

I hope Nagisa will be fine in the next episode :/

Can't wait for more...

Mar 14, 2008 10:51 AM

Feb 2008
Not much happened this week. Still, I loved this episode =P
And I can't believe that the next episode will be the final one (23 is probably the Beach [not entirely sure] episode).
Mar 14, 2008 11:09 AM

Aug 2007
one more ep to go. yeah 23 is the beach one and then the ova in July. Poor Tomoyo.
Mar 14, 2008 11:22 AM
Dec 2007
hmmm, what do u guys think of the chance of a 2nd series?
Mar 14, 2008 11:33 AM

Nov 2007
The last episode is sure going to be exciting :)
Mar 14, 2008 11:34 AM

Apr 2007
Fullmetalfan said:

Highly doubt it. They already planned an ending, and even an OVA that will probably be the epilogue. It's not gonna happen.
Mar 14, 2008 11:34 AM

Dec 2007
VERY slim chance of a 2nd series as the OVA will probably be an After-story
still an emotional episode... loved it
Mar 14, 2008 12:06 PM

Oct 2007
Fullmetalfan said:

More like impossible. KyoAni have better this to worry about like: Haruhi, FMP! The 3rd Raid, Lucky Star 2nd season & Little Busters. ^_^

As for the episode... loved it (>_<). Weird but hilarious intro, bits of comic relief, a lot of story progression and a slight twist at the end. It's a shame that they will conclude it in next week's episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2008 12:39 PM

Jan 2007
Blushing Tomoyo <33333333333333333

but it hurt seeing her admitting defeat like that.
Mar 14, 2008 12:40 PM

Aug 2007
Great episode. Though I didn't really like how Nagisa found out and her reaction it was still great. I would have expected her to react somewhat worse but it was meh.
Mar 14, 2008 1:15 PM

Nov 2007
defenitely a real enjoyable episode to watch but I wonder....
Mar 14, 2008 1:47 PM

Oct 2007
Good episode, seems like we finally are coming to a conclusion of one heck of a serie.

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Mar 14, 2008 1:59 PM
Dec 2007
Very touching and cute episode.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 14, 2008 2:20 PM

Mar 2008
Good episode. As soon as you saw the boxes being stacked crooked i knew nagisa was going to find them. In the preview for the final episode she still looks down but that might make the play better due to the fact it is about a girl who is alone. I hope it ends happily though.
Mar 14, 2008 2:24 PM

Dec 2007
Stevefx said:
defenitely a real enjoyable episode to watch but I wonder....

Mar 14, 2008 2:30 PM

Feb 2008
The opening rather weird, at first I think they chant some prayer, and the reaction from Sunohara XD...

Shimatta...Nagisa found out, and at the crucial time too. Can't wait Ep 22.

Very touching and another heartwarming episode. And really like when tomoyo says to Nagisa "I'm glad it's you". But Fu-chan didn't show up again T.T, and it's only one episode and it's final ...

Mar 14, 2008 2:31 PM

Aug 2007
ahh tomoyo!
ahh tomoyo with glasses!
ahh blushing tomoyo!
*faints*

yeah. this was a good episode. Can't wait for next one.
Mar 14, 2008 3:13 PM

Mar 2008
It was so sad when Nagisa found the pictures ;-;
Mar 14, 2008 3:20 PM

Oct 2007
bakaidiot said:
ahh tomoyo!
ahh tomoyo with glasses!
ahh blushing tomoyo!
*faints*

Yea Tomoyo really looked great with glasses, even thou she thinks not herself! :P

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Mar 14, 2008 3:39 PM

Jan 2008
The suspense was obvious and I'm really excited to see the last episode. This series is beyond any words :)
Mar 14, 2008 3:40 PM

Aug 2007
Smasher said:

Yea Tomoyo really looked great with glasses, even thou she thinks not herself! :P

Agreed. I hope the ending won't be too sad
Mar 14, 2008 4:56 PM
Aug 2007
Smasher said:
bakaidiot said:
ahh tomoyo!
ahh tomoyo with glasses!
ahh blushing tomoyo!
*faints*

Tomoyo with glasses was EPIC WIN. Other than that though, a fairly laid back episode until right at the end. I would've expected far more drama for a series that will end in 2 more episodes. (Judging purely from Air, haven't watched Kanon)
Mar 14, 2008 5:09 PM
Nov 2007
well... that was fun.
I wonder how the next episode will go?
Mar 14, 2008 5:17 PM

Jan 2008
Tomoyo and myself are alike in the glasses area, never use them and afraid to get contacts.
Mar 14, 2008 5:41 PM

Mar 2007
DDD: Damn. Lovely time for Nagisa to find the pictures, huh?

Awesome episode. But I don't want it to be over! x___x
Mar 14, 2008 5:47 PM

Nov 2007
It was good.
The music redeemed it.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Mar 14, 2008 6:21 PM

May 2007
The scene where Nagisa said she'd never seen a play before was priceless. XD

The ending of this episode was really sad...When I saw the flashlight not working, even before she went to the shed I knew something was going to happen. I was like "Shit, shit, shit, shit...don't find the pictures." I was kinda expecting her to go yandere a little bit, like AsianQuickSilver said, but Clannad is too much of a relaxing/cute anime so I had a feeling it wouldn't turn out like that. Looking forward to next ep like always.
Mar 14, 2008 7:38 PM

Aug 2007
Kanon seifuku cameo ftw!

This is the big question that has to be eventually answered by kyoani. Will they setup the last episode of Clannad in a huge cliffy to setup the After Story arc, or will they go with an anime original ending? I'm hoping they don't go with the latter, but I'm kind of interested to see as to what kyoani will come up with.

Next episode is the last episode for Clannad right?
(sans the ova? and dvd-only? episode)

Mar 14, 2008 9:27 PM

Oct 2007
Chicken008 said:
Nadeshiko said:
There are 22 episodes plus an extra episode.

It seems its going to be interesting...
I expect a lot next time and from the extra episode :P

SHOCKING NEWS FROM NAGISA!!!
EDIT: I just realized that Pokedude97 took the EXACT SAME screenshot :P

FriendlysoulMar 14, 2008 9:39 PM
Mar 14, 2008 10:04 PM

Feb 2008
Too bad Nagisa had to find out like that. I wasn't expecting Akio to have been an actor. I thought she was going to find the picture of her play in those old albums as well, but I guess not. It was killing me when Akio just put it away like that. Maybe in the next episode. Too bad there's only one more real episode.

Tomoyo patting Nagisa on the head and saying "I'm glad it was you" with the fades to the other girls was such a touching scene. Especially with the music. Poor Tomoyo. Although I'm really starting to love Nagisa's character after the last few episodes. Her and Tomoya really are perfect for each other.

On a side note Akio has officially won the place of my favorite side character in Clannad with this episode.
Mar 14, 2008 10:10 PM

Feb 2008
What an epic episode (Tomoyo in glasses) FTW. Gotta love this.

Also, Tomoyo is = TOMOYO SAKAGAMI; Tomoya is = TOMOYA OKAZAKI.

Please don't be confused in posting your replies in changing Tomoya for Tomoyo. LOL!

Tomoya = HE; Tomoyo = SHE.. Thanks! ^__^
Mar 14, 2008 10:16 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
This episode was good as well... but I have to say, I'm upset at the way this has gone. Again, like Kanon, they extend the main girl's arc incredibly long and leave the protagonist untouched. Sure, Tomoya has gotten more character development than Yuuichi ever did, but still...

What happened to Tomoya struggling to face things with his dad? It weighing on him, and Nagisa and the other girls being there for him as much he was there for them? The way this is going to go: ope! Nagisa's upset, better make her feel better, somehow execute the play AND confess to her in one episode. Tomoya's conflict resolutions? Who cares.

The girls are great, don't get me wrong. I love seeing Tomoya do his best to help them out. But for gosh goodness sake, give him some story, too! As far as I read, in the game he DID have conflicts he needed to resolve (no different than the anime Tomoya does right now). And they WERE big hindrances to him. Why is that not here?

I'm not putting the series down - I've loved it. But if there were one thing keeping it from a 10 for me, this would be it. I'm really disappointed.
Mar 14, 2008 10:59 PM
Mar 2008
Smasher said:
bakaidiot said:
ahh tomoyo!
ahh tomoyo with glasses!
ahh blushing tomoyo!
*faints*

Tomoyo in glasses+ "I'm glad it was you" pan out to other girls = massive chest/heart clench
*annoyed* Gah the Ryou/Kyou/Tomoyo arc still should have been longer.
And in the preview it said final episode...
CookedCeleryMar 14, 2008 11:03 PM
Mar 14, 2008 11:41 PM

Mar 2008
It very touching and sad episode
Mar 15, 2008 1:23 AM

Oct 2007
I guess with one ep left there is gonna be no resolution with the father...or i guess him moving out was the resolution idunno...this ep was ok...nothing really great about it...its a bit sad that the anime had to be shortened due to development issues
Mar 15, 2008 2:51 AM
Sep 2007
Hm I was betting for some supernatural (concerning the story of the play) stuff to happen at the end. Guess I was worng
Mar 15, 2008 3:20 AM

Feb 2008
roysen said:
Hm I was betting for some supernatural (concerning the story of the play) stuff to happen at the end. Guess I was worng

I dont think you were wrong, as in Air something should happen supernatural.
Mar 15, 2008 4:26 AM

Oct 2007
Wow, final episode next week. They really are rushing to the end... Clannad has been really enjoyable, but I get the feeling the ending wouldn't be very good. Just have to wait until next week =]
Mar 15, 2008 6:36 AM

Sep 2007
not that much of a special episode but alteast I got to see tomoyo with glasses ^^

Mar 15, 2008 6:40 AM

Apr 2007
Kineta said:
This episode was good as well... but I have to say, I'm upset at the way this has gone. Again, like Kanon, they extend the main girl's arc incredibly long and leave the protagonist untouched. Sure, Tomoya has gotten more character development than Yuuichi ever did, but still...

What happened to Tomoya struggling to face things with his dad? It weighing on him, and Nagisa and the other girls being there for him as much he was there for them? The way this is going to go: ope! Nagisa's upset, better make her feel better, somehow execute the play AND confess to her in one episode. Tomoya's conflict resolutions? Who cares.

The girls are great, don't get me wrong. I love seeing Tomoya do his best to help them out. But for gosh goodness sake, give him some story, too! As far as I read, in the game he DID have conflicts he needed to resolve (no different than the anime Tomoya does right now). And they WERE big hindrances to him. Why is that not here?

I'm not putting the series down - I've loved it. But if there were one thing keeping it from a 10 for me, this would be it. I'm really disappointed.

Well, it's not over yet. Who knows if they'll just leave it untouched? Tomoya did think about his dad while he was at Nagisa's, it's not like he's completely forgotten about him, but he's still damn stubborn.
Mar 15, 2008 9:06 AM

Nov 2007
This was a very good episode. The beginning was just hilarious and the scene where Nagisa found the pictures was perfectly played out. Does anyone else feel like this was the first time we saw Nagisa alone?
Mar 15, 2008 10:43 AM

Apr 2007
good episode. who wants to bet fuko appears in 22?
Mar 15, 2008 10:54 AM

Jun 2007
neitarg said:
good episode. who wants to bet fuko appears in 22?

omg, noooooooo
if fuko makes another random appearance and ruins the mood, she will be hated even more -_-

I do agree with kineta. tomoya needs his time, nagisa has to get out of the stage.
there is only 1 more episode and an ova left. and since next week's episode will surely be about nagisa (and at the ending a little of tomoya, maybe?) then that will leave the ova, which we will wait for a long time...
what I pretty much dont like about clannad, is that they gave too much time to nagisa...
but yeah, I still love it
Mar 15, 2008 11:48 AM

Nov 2007
With Clannad always 5/5 ^___^
A very interessant episode, important for introduce the next
The end with Nagisa who discover the true is very sad ... T___T

Mar 15, 2008 12:42 PM

Aug 2007
I enjoyed this episode, but I thought the boxes they showed earlier would contain the name of the play and not Nagisa pictures and diaries of her parents dreams. With only one episode left, it really has me curious on how they are going to end this. The only two ways I can think of are make a anime original ending, or if they are going to go with the Kanon route, and the OVA (which was episode 24, right?) will be the complete finale where it resolves everything.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» How many episodes

Jackson_rajkumar - May 2

5 by Swagotically »»
Yesterday, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Faust721 - Dec 13, 2007

206 by CalmTeaTime »»
May 1, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nodoka-koi - Nov 29, 2007

446 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 1, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Oct 19, 2007

137 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 1, 6:31 AM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Oct 12, 2007

194 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 1, 6:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.