Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 19, 2014 3:25 AM

Jun 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sailor mercury makes an appearance this time, she is pretty much the brains for the whole sailor team, her transformation was nice too. Queen Beryl also appeared near the start as well. Next week its Rei (Sailor Mars)
Douglas24Jul 19, 2014 3:46 AM
Jul 19, 2014 3:28 AM

Nov 2012
best inner senshi appears! and her transformation was splendid too.
another great episode, loved it :>
Jul 19, 2014 3:30 AM

Mar 2014
Ami's voice is really cute and I loved her transformation much more the Usagi's. I still need to get used to those noodle arms.

Jul 19, 2014 3:36 AM

Apr 2007
A much better episode than the first in my opinion, although some of the same flaws were still there. And for a moment, somebody slipped and did really nice character designs:
Jul 19, 2014 3:45 AM

Sep 2008
Ami-chan! *.*
Gonna miss Hisakawa Aya,
but new voice for Ami is pretty cool!

Start to get used to transformation...

Also Mamoru, his new look is so damn hot!
But still don't like his voice... ;(

MamoruxUsagi <3
Jul 19, 2014 3:46 AM

Jan 2011
SetsunaDrive said:
Ami's voice is really cute and I loved her transformation much more the Usagi's. I still need to get used to those noodle arms.

Yeah, compared to Usagi's transformation Ami's is really better :O Short and well made. Well, maybe they shorten Usagi's henshin in the later episodes too. Ami's attack looked very nice too.

Compared to Episode 1 it's gotten much better. They start to give them more face expressions and there were even a few funny one :] Still some scenes had a bit weird animation (like the zoom to Usagi in Episode 1) and expressions, but altogether it was ok. I miss the old VA of Ami, but still the new one fits her very good too.

Jul 19, 2014 3:47 AM
Mar 2013
And there she is. My role model for being a responsible student. Ami's voice is very soft-spoken and sweet. She looked adorable while she was playing with Luna.

I had a feeling from the first episode but now I'm certain I prefer the older Motoki better. He looks much cuter before. I totally loved the revamped Arcade game scene. I like how they got their Sailor Pens through a prize machine though ^^ Luna's quite the sly kitty.

The scene with Usagi and Mamoru was so cute!! I'm surprised Mamoru already caught wind of Luna's secret ^^ He's sharp.

"Mercury Power Make Up!" I like her transformation alot more than Usagi's. It's simple yet elegant as one would expect of a water-based Sailor.
Jul 19, 2014 3:58 AM

Jan 2012
The episode is cool, I mean it's always Sailor Moon and just the sight of the characters makes me happy and makes me remeber the past. Although I have one big complaint, maybe it has been already said many times for the previous episode, the animation and the drawings were really bad. It's the Toei that produce this show, for me it's unforgivable a quality like this.
Also, it's really weird to hear Ami with a different voice, but I really like the new one :)
Jul 19, 2014 4:03 AM

May 2012
I really loved this episode, it's better than the first. The animations/drawings were a bit better than the first episode but not by much.

I really loved Ami's transformation it really suits her. She's really cute in this episode, especially during her interactions with Usagi, I might end up liking her. Her new voice suits her as well and I can't help but like it more than the original.

The MamoruxUsagi parts were the best though~ They're so cute together <3
Jul 19, 2014 4:05 AM

May 2014
Moderately enjoyable and fun, Toei doesn't understand the shoujo aesthetic and don't really put their souls into it, just what they're used to from Precure.

Cheap and lacking, yet still refreshing these days.

4/5 - somewhat satisfied.
Jul 19, 2014 4:20 AM

Jan 2012
Just wow!
( Ami is so skinny i want to feed her)
Jul 19, 2014 4:22 AM

Jan 2009
Ami's transformation scene was good, and next week is Sailor Mars!
Jul 19, 2014 4:32 AM

Oct 2008
Good epiosde. I like Ami's transformation. I'm also starting to get used to Usagi's as well.
Jul 19, 2014 4:40 AM

Apr 2010
I like how it's modernized a bit but still the animation quality or lack of it, rather, makes me sad.

I never liked Usagi's VA and I still don't like it, Mamoru's is fine with me. And Ami looks so much cuter in this new anime :D
Jul 19, 2014 5:00 AM
Sep 2007
I was worried about Hisako Kanemoto succeeding Aya Hisakawa the most, but I think she did a rather good job as new Ami, especially because she uses a bit more mature voice than when she voices moeblob characters like Ika Musume, or Yayoi Kise.

As for animation, it looks fine to me, and Ami's transformation into Sailor Mercury does look better than Usagi's, and it's short, simple, and calming - in a good way.

I too am getting used to Usagi's transformation in this series, which is a good thing, I guess.
Jul 19, 2014 5:11 AM

Feb 2014
There were so many scenes where the drawings were so inconsistent, disproportionate, and outright taken for granted.

check out the following images

Jul 19, 2014 5:11 AM

Apr 2013
I can't handle Usagi's voice anymore. Rina Satou, please save my ears!
Jul 19, 2014 5:28 AM

Apr 2008
OrangeRafi said:
There were so many scenes where the drawings were so inconsistent, disproportionate, and outright taken for granted.

I have to wholeheartedly agree. I wanted to love this episode, but the inconsistencies in animation were so jarring it took a lot of the fun out of it. I'm the biggest Sailor Moon fan, but I can't help being disappointed. I'm hoping the blu-rays will have the scenes touched up a bit *crosses fingers*
Jul 19, 2014 5:49 AM

Nov 2011
I think Ami's voice fits her well in this episode.

>I'm not a trash can
I just smiled when I saw that scene. Classic. Usagi on the other hand was fun to watch. Overall, an alright episode. There was obvious something wrong with that Crystal Seminar. When it looks too good to be true, it probably is...

"I hate exams"
She's not alone.
Jul 19, 2014 6:11 AM

Aug 2007
Not bad at all. They really made Ami a lot more cuter then I remember, her transformation scene was better also. I hope it turns out just as good for the other scouts. Honestly the only complaint I got is the CGi but it seems I got to get over it.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 19, 2014 6:14 AM

Dec 2009
Again with a less than mediocre episode. For something I was so excited about, I am extremely finding myself very very disappointed. This doesn't even seem to be an actual adaptation of the manga as far as I can remember. The animation is trash and the story telling feels bland with a few exceptions of Usagi being her normal funky self.

Why bother doing this over if they fall short of the original? Shouldn't remakes be better and more pleasing?

Oh and I still hate the opening song, it makes me cringe, and the ending one is only slightly better.

Overall I don't expect this to get better, I'll wait and see if it is worth watching all 26 episodes. -_-

Jul 19, 2014 6:15 AM

Apr 2008
Ami's so much cuter in this one! < 3
Jul 19, 2014 6:21 AM

Oct 2010
Iri said:
A much better episode than the first in my opinion, although some of the same flaws were still there. And for a moment, somebody slipped and did really nice character designs:

This is exactly how I feel. There are improvements, but I think now the problem is consistency. Just like you, there were moments were I thought the art was very nice, perfect even, and then other moments where the consistency fails and it distracts me.

OrangeRafi said:

In the scene where Usagi is showing off her disguise pen, the pen (magically) disappears when she drops her hand. However, our perspective on the pocket the pen is stored in doesn't change nearly enough for the pen to just disappear.
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Jul 19, 2014 6:23 AM

Aug 2013
Yay Sailor Mercury showed up!! I love Ami.

Cant wait till Sailor Mars next episode ^.^
My Candies:
Jul 19, 2014 6:24 AM

Jan 2008
It's only the second episode and the animation is so QUALITY it's hard to look at it. Sigh... Toei, why.
Jul 19, 2014 6:30 AM

Oct 2010
Again, the CGI has never bothered me so I love the transformations. I particularly love how Usagi's transformation is really the same as the classic transformations (actually bits and pieces from classic and from some ideas from the later transformations) but with amped up perspectives.

Sailor Mercury even more so! It is almost exactly the same, though Crystal seems to be adding dramatic skirt flourishes and tiara conjuring for each senshi. I have no complaints with that.

I do have a complaint with Mercury's and Moon's final pose in each transformation though: they just seem awkward and don't convey any strength. When you compare them with the original transformations, the poses -- though essentially the same -- look much stronger. I'd say this is a symptom of the art direction of the series in general, a lot of lacks dynamics and impact.

And again, it looks like none of the attacks are pre-rendered stock footage, and that makes me happy for the time being. It does make the fights really really short though....
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Jul 19, 2014 6:33 AM
Mar 2009
Must...get used.. to... Usagi's voice...
Jul 19, 2014 6:34 AM

Jul 2011
This was a really good episode. I really liked Ami's transformation.

I still need to get use to Usagi voice. Not because it's annoying, but her voices sounds the same as another character she played. A talking cat named, Hummy.
Jul 19, 2014 6:36 AM

May 2014
Arturya said:
Must...get used.. to... Usagi's voice...
Yeah... no, I also hear the seiyuu straining her vocal chords.
Jul 19, 2014 6:40 AM

Sep 2013
Woo, Sailor Mars is up next. So excited.

This episode was great, Ami's transformation was wonderfully done and now that I've seen the CG transformation again, it really isn't as bad looking as I thought.

Also, I don't remember Sailor Moon being this erm.. dark.. right off the bat. Now that I think about it though.. Sailor Moon is basically protecting masses of people from getting the life sucked out of them. Lol. So far so good.
Jul 19, 2014 6:47 AM

Apr 2009
Really enjoyed it. There was more of Ami's character development, than in the original.

also, that modern laptops lol
http://puu.sh/ai4zF/bc5cfb5df1.jpg
Jul 19, 2014 7:25 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I liked Ami's character design in this show, and her voice was pretty good. Well I watched the original Sailor Moon dubbed but I like her voice in this show.

Ami is good at studying, exams, and games. Those game machines are pretty cheap, a little shaking and the prizes come out.

GO AMI!!!

A brief cameo of Rei was shown just before the credits.

Jul 19, 2014 7:28 AM

Jan 2011
RobUsaB said:
Iri said:

This is exactly how I feel. There are improvements, but I think now the problem is consistency. Just like you, there were moments were I thought the art was very nice, perfect even, and then other moments where the consistency fails and it distracts me.

OrangeRafi said:

In the scene where Usagi is showing off her disguise pen, the pen (magically) disappears when she drops her hand. However, our perspective on the pocket the pen is stored in doesn't change nearly enough for the pen to just disappear.

Agreed. I watched the episode again (like I did with ep 1) focusing more on the animation rather than subs to see, what scenes were ok or not so well done. There were more better looking scenes, than in episode 1, but the 'flow' from frame to frame in some scenes were weird and would need some more work. Some that OrangeRafi added, are not so easy to spot, like the first and last picture, if you watch and read the subs. The second was too obvious though. The Pen isn't finished properly and Usagi looks not like her 'Crystal' self, but most important the CD was well made haha XD The third picture... well... Ami looks overly fascinated and that smile. Somehow creepy.

I've noticed the disappearing Pen too in the scene, when she talked with Ami. Same goes for the lack of Usagi's gloves, when the Youma attacked her hiding behind a desk and she covered herself. And one small frame, when Ami regains consciousness and Luna shows up. Her eyes aren't finished well in one frame, before she tells Ami how to transform.

Except the short scenes from picture 2 and 3, that blinded me, the rest was good or ok. What made me LOL was the scene, where Usagi was hiding behind a car. Dat face! Haha :D Or Luna's expression, when Mamoru suspected her to talk. There were more scenes and I hope Toei will work harder on the flow, so there will be less static and weird looking frames.
RaffJul 19, 2014 7:34 AM

Jul 19, 2014 7:41 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
"This week's episode is brought to you by: Crystal Math©." - De-Jay

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 19, 2014 8:18 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
I actually liked Mizuno's outfit as a Sailor Guardian than Usagi's. Her Mercury Aqua Mist saved Usagi big time.

I don't get Tuxedo Mask's role yet. He just appears out of nowhere and asks Usagi to take down the monsters. Is that all he does?

Anyways, good episode. Who's that girl at the end? Next Sailor Guardian?

Jul 19, 2014 8:18 AM

May 2008
I'm disappointed in what little effort Toei is putting here. The episodes are biweekly, and the animation's STILL SHITTY! Sailor Moon deserves so much more than that.

Anyways, Ami's character design is so much nicer than the 90s anime and we'll soon see Rei-chan as Mars.
Jul 19, 2014 8:20 AM

Aug 2013
Oh thank goodness Ami didn't sound like Ika Musume. I was so eagerly waiting for her to speak so I can hear her voice haha.

Rei is coming! Banzai Banzai~!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 19, 2014 8:25 AM

Jan 2014
I actually really enjoyed this episode. I love how different it looks and feels. Obviously, the CGI is very meh, but everything else is great. Ami was extremely cute.
Jul 19, 2014 8:25 AM

Jun 2013
New sailor mercury doesn't have shouders. But her episode was great!
Jul 19, 2014 8:28 AM
Nov 2008
Episode 2....

This was a nice episode. I like how Ami looks in the new version better than the older version. I love how Usagi and Ami met! How they both saw a flash of the moon palace from their previous lives!! This was probably my favorite part in the episode ^^. Oh and the arcade part. Usagi >.>; getting her pen haha I wonder if Luna predicted Usagi doing that :D. Then there is usagi transforming and of course the first thing she does after saying "I will punish you" is >_>; start crying ^^ haha.

emerald said:
The scene with Usagi and Mamoru was so cute!! I'm surprised Mamoru already caught wind of Luna's secret ^^ He's sharp.
Haha ^_^ I think Mamoru is a usagi's paper magnet. I thought that part was really cute also! I really liked how Tuxedo Mask saves Sailor Moon too. Something about that was so beautiful and majestic.

emerald said:
"Mercury Power Make Up!" I like her transformation alot more than Usagi's. It's simple yet elegant as one would expect of a water-based Sailor.

Same here ^_^. I still think Usagi's transformation looks a bit unnatural with the 3D effects. But Ami's transformation had a really nice flow and very elegant.
Jul 19, 2014 8:51 AM
Jul 2014
Ami is definitely much cuter this time around, it's funny how she got her transformation pen through winning the game- and of course, Usagi is jealous. Lucky she gets hers as well.
Agreed with other people- Usagi's voice is something I have to get used to, for sure. Rei is up next, excited!! :)
Jul 19, 2014 9:27 AM

Jul 2007
Next episode is going to shock quite a few people, lol.

So far form what I remember still faithful 1by1 chapter adaptation of manga. Hopefully that continues.
Jul 19, 2014 9:34 AM

Sep 2010
So loved this episode XD

Not much more I can say lol.

What I'm really looking forward to is the 'faces' of everyone here come next episode *evil grin*
Few maxims have done as much harm as, "Children should be seen and not heard."
Jul 19, 2014 9:39 AM
Feb 2013
Geeez, I would never understand as to why Sailor Moon's transformation is longer than Sailor Mercury.
Jul 19, 2014 9:44 AM
Mar 2012
REI NEXT EPISODE! Great to see Sailor Mercury's transformation scene this episode.
Jul 19, 2014 9:44 AM
Mar 2009
The transformations still better in the old anime.

However, the anime still good.

I like how Usagi is and her ability to do the others fill good like she did with Ami.

I'm missing the simple clothes that Mamoru wear in the old anime. Now he is wearing only Tuxedo =x
Jul 19, 2014 9:54 AM

Jul 2007
Khaoticsuccubus said:

What I'm really looking forward to is the 'faces' of everyone here come next episode *evil grin*

That will be a view. One of the most exciting aspects of this getting readapted will be people's reaction to THAT>
Jul 19, 2014 9:58 AM

Jul 2013
And Sailor Mercury (Ami) makes an appearance, her voice is not bad, so I have no arguments in her.

Getting used to their CGI transformations, but Ami is pretty good with her transformation :D.

Jul 19, 2014 10:00 AM

Jul 2014
I like Mamoru much better as a jewel thief. In the original he kind of got on my nerves, but I like how he's more nonchalant in his comebacks in Crystal. Much cooler. And the scene where he calls Luna out for talking is perfect. Definitely made me laugh.

As everyone said, Ami's transformation is so much better than Usagi's. Although her pose at the end was god awful and made me cringe a bit. Hopefully they fix that for later. In general, I really like Ami's character design - the baggy sweatshirt and glasses are so much more Ami than the typical uniform.

Also lol at the modern laptop.

Am I the only one digging the Dark Kingdom scenes? I haven't seen anyone else bring them up, but I really like the gloomy castle where you can't really see much of your surroundings. Makes it more spooky.

Now that people bring up the inconsistencies I can't not see them, but neither am I that terribly picky because I'm reading the subs and miss the little ones. It is overall disappointing though, just because it's so half-baked. I wish they were trying harder to make this anime as good as it can (and should!) be.

And then Rei! Manga Rei is so much better than anime Rei, so I'm super excited to see how she's done.
"First of all: I am tired. I am true of heart!

And also: You are tired. You are true of heart!"
Jul 19, 2014 10:00 AM

Mar 2011
Sailor Mercury's transformation was so beautiful.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2015

41 by Eziprez »»
Feb 24, 7:25 PM

» Am I the only one who finds Sailor Moon more "traditionally girly" than Tokyo Mew Mew?

removed-user - Jan 18

1 by a0t3a »»
Jan 19, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2015

40 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 2, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2015

37 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

32 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.