✿ Just your average college student. I like drawing and painting, playing volleyball/ soccer/ badminton, reading, visiting cafes and cute local places, learning languages, and watching anime/ movies/ TV shows.
✿ Anime was an important part of my childhood and I still watch it for fun because I think it's a very expressive and vast source of entertainment.
✿ My top 10 list changes once in a while if I find new shows that I love. But there's a few shows that'll probably stay there for a long time
✿✿✿Winter 2018 favorites✿✿✿
AOTS: Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho
Opening song: Yuru Camp- "SHINY DAYS" by Asaka
Ending song: Koi wa Amaegari no You ni- "Ref:rain" by Aimer
✿✿✿Spring 2018 favorites✿✿✿
Opening song: Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii- "Fiction" by Sumika
Ending song: Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai- "Love Song)" by Manaka Iwami
✿✿✿Summer 2018 favorites✿✿✿
AOTS: Banana Fish
Opening song: Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3- "Red Swan" by X JAPAN feat. HYDE
Ending song: Sirius the Jaeger- "Hoshie" by sajou no hana
✿✿✿Fall 2018 favorites✿✿✿
AOTS: Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru
Opening song: Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu- "Naru" by Luck Life
Ending song: Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken- "Another colony" by TRUE
✿✿✿Winter 2019 favorites✿✿✿
AOTS: Mob Psycho 100 II
Opening song: Mob Psycho 100 II/ Yakusoku no Neverland/ Kaguya-Sama / Dororo ( yea I seriously couldn't choose...)
Ending song: Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari- "Kimi no Namae" by Chiai Fujikawa
✿✿✿Spring 2019 favorites✿✿✿
AOTS: Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2
Opening song: Carole and Tuesday- "Kiss Me" by Carole & Tuesday
Ending song: Fruits Basket (2019)- "Lucky Ending" by Vickeblanka
Feel free to FR or chat with me! ^v^/
*Favorites are not necessarily in order and change once in a while
Starting from middle, then top left, top right, bottom left and finally bottom right:
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Hunter x Hunter (2011)
3-Gatsu no Lion
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Ookami to koushinryou
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
Houseki no Kuni
Mob Psycho 100
Made in Abyss
Seirei no Moribito
Shingeki no Kyojin
Kenpuu Denki Berserk (1997)
Kimetsu no Yaiba
✿ I try to fully utilize the 1-10 rating scale; so even if something has a low rating, it doesn't necessarily mean that I dislike it, it just indicates that it was held back by several things. Basically, if something has a rating of 5 or more, it means I was at least kept entertained throughout.
10) Personal Masterpiece- My personal peak for entertainment where my all my expectations were passed. It doesn't mean that these shows are not flawed or that they're necessarily objectively better than lower-scored shows, but they remind me of why I got into this medium in the first place and get me the most excited. My love for these shows usually derives from their fascinating execution, gripping story and memorable characters, ideas and experiences. These stories allow strong personal or conceptual connection and have a clear direction. They are also the kind of stories that will stick with me for a long time and will always hold a special place in my heart.
9) Phenomenal- Absolutely fantastic, a piece of high quality. Has many traits from a 10 but might have one or two flaws that slightly affect the show and/ or hasn't reached that personal level. Still one of the best in its genre and very highly recommendable. High rewatch value. A borderline masterpiece.
8) Great- A very solid and consistently amazing show. Might be loose on some ends and could've used more exploration on content/ characters/ setting etc but still stands strong among other similar shows. It can be a show that didn't really have major problems but just didn't hit the right notes or wasn't enticing enough in some departments. Shows with these scores can be a favorite of mine.
7) Very Good- A good show where I can say my time was not wasted. I was impressed with many of the qualities but it also has obvious problems and drawbacks for me. Lots of potential to become better and would still recommend (especially to fans of the genre)
6) Good- An above average and sometimes even a good show, but not that memorable/ strong. Was enjoyable at points and has some interesting ideas and qualities but either doesn't explore them well or messes them up. This could also be an anime that started off with promise, but derailed towards the end. I was kept entertained for the most part. This is still a positive score and I would still recommend titles with these scores.
5) Average- Ordinary but harmless. May be enjoyable at times, but never went beyond being mere entertainment. Also most likely had too many elements that I dislike or didn't care much for, which brought the score down.
4) Inadequate- Not horrible, but I wouldn't consider it to be good either. This show just feels like a big mess and/or didn't achieve what it set out to do. May have just been too ridiculous or nonsensical to the point where I couldn't come to care about what was happening. I probably kept rolling my eyes and sighing during the watch. Sometimes I wonder why I even bothered to watch these.
3-1) Dreadful- Hot garbage, an abomination and a completely regrettable waste of time. These shows probably personally tick me off with usage of certain elements that I despise, or were just so horrible that it was laughable. Varying levels of trash