Anime & Manga News

News Briefs for Dec 30 - Jan 5

by Wind_Sr
Jan 5, 2014 12:56 PM | 27 Comments
Here is a collection of news briefs for the last week in anime/manga news. These briefs include announcements that would not normally receive their own news thread. Please check the News Board for previous major announcements. Last week's News Briefs can be found here.

Upcoming Anime

[b]Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei[/b]
A new CM along with a new key visual have been released for the series. Additional staff and cast have also been announced and are as follows:

Music: Taku Iwasaki

Erika Chiba: Yumi Uchiyama
Leonhart Saijou: Takuma Terashima
Miyuki Shiba: Saori Hayami
Mikihiko Yoshida: Atsushi Tamaru
Honoka Mitsui: Sora Amamiya
Shizuku Kitayama: Yuiko Tatsumi

Source: animate.tv


Manga News

Inu x Boku SS
The creator of the series, Cocoa Fujiwara, announced on her personal Twitter that the series will be ending in 2014. The manga received an anime adaptation back in January 2012.

Source: Tweet


[b]Moyashimon[/b]
An announcement made in Morning magazine reveals that the series will be ending in the March issue of the magazine which is set to be released January 22, 2014.

The series received an anime adaption with the first season airing back in October 2007 and the second season airing back in July 2012.

Source: Comic Natalie[/b]


[b]Arata Kangatari[/b]
The creator of the series, Yuu Watase, announced in a recent blog post that the series is nearing its climax. No time table has been set however.

Source: Yuu Watase's blog post (bottom section of her post)


[b]Battle Angel Alita[/b]
The creator of the series, Yukito Kishiro, announced in a recent blog post that he will be working on a new Battle Angel Alita manga series. The new series will begin publishing later in 2014. Kishiro also wrote in the blog that the series is tentatively titled "Kasei Senki."

Source: Yukito Kishiro's blog post

20 of 27 Comments Recent Comments

Recently finished the first arc of mahouka koukou, it's actually pretty interesting and good, looking forward to the anime

Jan 11, 2014 3:50 AM by Blandar

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

the one we are all waiting for

Jan 7, 2014 6:31 AM by Mr_Gutts

Wind_Sr said:
Here is a collection of news briefs for the last week in anime/manga news. These briefs include announcements that would not normally receive their own news thread. Please check the News Board for previous major announcements. Last week's News Briefs can be found here.

Upcoming Anime

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
A new CM along with a new key visual have been released for the series. Additional staff and cast have also been announced and are as follows:

Music: Taku Iwasaki

Erika Chiba: Yumi Uchiyama
Leonhart Saijou: Takuma Terashima
Miyuki Shiba: Saori Hayami
Mikihiko Yoshida: Atsushi Tamaru
Honoka Mitsui: Sora Amamiya
Shizuku Kitayama: Yuiko Tatsumi

Source: animate.tv


Manga News

Inu x Boku SS
The creator of the series, Cocoa Fujiwara, announced on her personal Twitter that the series will be ending in 2014. The manga received an anime adaptation back in January 2012.

Source: Tweet


Moyashimon
An announcement made in Morning magazine reveals that the series will be ending in the March issue of the magazine which is set to be released January 22, 2014.

The series received an anime adaption with the first season airing back in October 2007 and the second season airing back in July 2012.

Source: Comic Natalie


Arata Kangatari
The creator of the series, Yuu Watase, announced in a recent blog post that the series is nearing its climax. No time table has been set however.

Source: Yuu Watase's blog post (bottom section of her post)


Battle Angel Alita
The creator of the series, Yukito Kishiro, announced in a recent blog post that he will be working on a new Battle Angel Alita manga series. The new series will begin publishing later in 2014. Kishiro also wrote in the blog that the series is tentatively titled "Kasei Senki."

Source: Yukito Kishiro's blog post


I am going to read and watch almost all of these :3

Thanks for the info ^^

Jan 6, 2014 1:59 AM by Tengai

Happiness Charge Precure's art is pretty much a similar and slightly better version of Aikatsu's art, wonder how the CG for the ED theme will fare.

Jan 5, 2014 9:10 PM by Hoppy

Inu x Boku SS... aw... the feels. I'm sad to see that one go.

Jan 5, 2014 8:58 PM by kyorika

Lmao thanks for letting me know. I fixed that mistake. I'm not sure about Satomi Satou voicing Shibata Mizuki though so I'll leave it out for now.

Jan 5, 2014 7:30 PM by Wind_Sr

You mixed up two people I believe

Jan 5, 2014 7:10 PM by Wind_Jr

Wind_Sr said:

Upcoming Anime

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
A new CM along with a new key visual have been released for the series. Additional staff and cast have also been announced and are as follows:

Music: Taku Iwasaki

Erika Chiba: Yumi Uchiyama
Leonhart Saijou: Takuma Terashima
Miyuki Shiba: Satomi Satou
Mikihiko Yoshida: Atsushi Tamaru
Honoka Mitsui: Sora Amamiya
Shizuku Kitayama: Yuiko Tatsumi

Source: animate.tv


I think you got Mizuki Shibata and Miyuki Shiba mixed up.

Edit: Don't ninja me youuu QQ

Jan 5, 2014 7:08 PM by OrgXV

Wind_Sr said:

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
A new CM along with a new key visual have been released for the series. Additional staff and cast have also been announced and are as follows:

Music: Taku Iwasaki

Erika Chiba: Yumi Uchiyama
Leonhart Saijou: Takuma Terashima
Miyuki Shiba: Satomi Satou
Mikihiko Yoshida: Atsushi Tamaru
Honoka Mitsui: Sora Amamiya
Shizuku Kitayama: Yuiko Tatsumi

Source: animate.tv


I think you mixed up Shibata Mizuki and Shiba Miyuki. Miyuki's seiyuu was already decided to be Hayami Saori. Satomi Satou is probably voicing Shibata Mizuki.

Jan 5, 2014 7:04 PM by Exkalamity

I like this brief thing idea, good work! :)

Jan 5, 2014 3:19 PM by Vene

hpulley said:
Xinception said:
...
Yeah, I just want to know what should I expect going into this series?

Should I expect serious-ness... wait, scratch that, it's a seinen manga. Should I expect seriousness + some Berserk level rape and stuff? I'd not like that.

Is it action heavy? If not, does the series contain some nice action scenes?
The first series was mostly serious though with some humor. Very violent, might be some implied rape but I am not actually remembering any though I have been reading it for a very long time and may be forgetting some. It is very violent throughout.

The second series, even though it is essentially an expansion of the last few pages that were quickly written to end the first series, is much lighter in tone though also more philosophical at points. But it is extremely goofy in parts, including the...
but even that is more for humor that anything else, probably thumbing his nose at censorship.

It is very action heavy, lots of great action sequences. Some fights took up entire volumes. It starts off with
... don't want to spoil it all.

It is really good but seinen manga adaptations sell very poorly these days so I'm not sure how well it would do. Done right I think it could sell well but it could also sell very, very poorly. It would be a gamble these days.

Great story though, really great. The 19 volumes of Last Order wander quite a bit, the original series, 9 volumes or so is much tighter. But the side stories are often my favorite part, indeed the Gaiden volume is one of my favorites overall (never translated officially).

Great story, great characters, asks and answers some of the great questions of what it means to be human, to love, to hate, to exist, to sacrifice....


Eh, it's "Jimmy Camera" doing the adaptation here. He'll be hyped. His level of hype is on another level. And that level of hype of backed by his reputation.

Jan 5, 2014 3:11 PM by Xinception

Xinception said:
...
Yeah, I just want to know what should I expect going into this series?

Should I expect serious-ness... wait, scratch that, it's a seinen manga. Should I expect seriousness + some Berserk level rape and stuff? I'd not like that.

Is it action heavy? If not, does the series contain some nice action scenes?
The first series was mostly serious though with some humor. Very violent, might be some implied rape but I am not actually remembering any though I have been reading it for a very long time and may be forgetting some. It is very violent throughout.

The second series, even though it is essentially an expansion of the last few pages that were quickly written to end the first series, is much lighter in tone though also more philosophical at points. But it is extremely goofy in parts, including the...
but even that is more for humor that anything else, probably thumbing his nose at censorship.

It is very action heavy, lots of great action sequences. Some fights took up entire volumes. It starts off with
... don't want to spoil it all.

It is really good but seinen manga adaptations sell very poorly these days so I'm not sure how well it would do. Done right I think it could sell well but it could also sell very, very poorly. It would be a gamble these days.

Great story though, really great. The 19 volumes of Last Order wander quite a bit, the original series, 9 volumes or so is much tighter. But the side stories are often my favorite part, indeed the Gaiden volume is one of my favorites overall (never translated officially).

Great story, great characters, asks and answers some of the great questions of what it means to be human, to love, to hate, to exist, to sacrifice....

Jan 5, 2014 3:00 PM by hpulley

jmal said:
Wind_Sr said:
Inu x Boku SS
The creator of the series, Cocoa Fujiwara, announced on her personal Twitter that the series will be ending in 2014. The manga received an anime adaptation back in January 2012.

Well, last ditch hopes for an anime sequel start now, then. If we don't see one announced in the next few months, it's unlikely we'll ever get one.

Thanks jmal, that really helped my obsession with a Inu x Boku SS sequel a lot.

Jan 5, 2014 2:52 PM by Immahnoob

HELL YES HACHAPRE

Jan 5, 2014 2:46 PM by ihateeveryone

hpulley said:
Xinception said:
Hmm, I've been interested in Battle Angel Alita, ever since I heard that James Cameron likes it so much that he wants to make a live adaptation of it. James Cameron is a sure fire hit maker for me though, his films hasn't disappointed.

Any tips about Battle Angel and its sequel, Last Order?
What tips do you want? The original gunnm ended in 1995 abruptly due to Kishiro-sensei's illness though Viz translations didn't end for years after that. Last order started in 2001, ends this month. New series is starting up.

Two OVA episodes were made in the early 90's. James Cameron's movie rights, I wonder if they include anime? Probably, considering that Jimmy will be doing a 100% CGI version of it if he ever finishes it; he has said that Avatar was a test bed for Battle Angel but now he is doing a few sequels of Avatar's stupid story when he could be doing the amazing story of Gunnm! Very sad...


Yeah, I just want to know what should I expect going into this series?

Should I expect serious-ness... wait, scratch that, it's a seinen manga. Should I expect seriousness + some Berserk level rape and stuff? I'd not like that.

Is it action heavy? If not, does the series contain some nice action scenes?

Does the mangaka have the tendency to pull a "Kentaro Miura"? I'd figure that the dude is kinda old, so he might pull those up.
------------------------------------------

Eh, I figured that Jimmy wants some money first, either to not worry himself dying in debt if he somehow screw Alita Movie up and bombs it or allocate some of that huge amount of money from the Avatar movies into the movies. Or, the dude just wants to test his skills in scripting and directing.

Jan 5, 2014 2:25 PM by Xinception

I want a Inu x Boku SS anime though.

Jan 5, 2014 2:21 PM by Immahnoob

Xinception said:
Hmm, I've been interested in Battle Angel Alita, ever since I heard that James Cameron likes it so much that he wants to make a live adaptation of it. James Cameron is a sure fire hit maker for me though, his films hasn't disappointed.

Any tips about Battle Angel and its sequel, Last Order?
What tips do you want? The original gunnm ended in 1995 abruptly due to Kishiro-sensei's illness though Viz translations didn't end for years after that. Last order started in 2001, ends this month. New series is starting up.

Two OVA episodes were made in the early 90's. James Cameron's movie rights, I wonder if they include anime? Probably, considering that Jimmy will be doing a 100% CGI version of it if he ever finishes it; he has said that Avatar was a test bed for Battle Angel but now he is doing a few sequels of Avatar's stupid story when he could be doing the amazing story of Gunnm! Very sad...

Jan 5, 2014 2:18 PM by hpulley

Wind_Sr said:
Xinception said:


So it's like Jojo, divided into parts? With the newest part ending, following by the newly announced part?


Yup that appears to be the case.


Thanks!

Jan 5, 2014 2:14 PM by Xinception

Xinception said:


So it's like Jojo, divided into parts? With the newest part ending, following by the newly announced part?


Yup that appears to be the case.

Jan 5, 2014 2:10 PM by Wind_Sr

Gonna miss Inu x Boku SS. Excited for Mahouka anime though~

Jan 5, 2014 2:10 PM by onesnowyday_