Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 29, 2013 12:59 PM

Feb 2012
Here is a collection of news briefs for the last week in anime/manga news. These briefs include announcements that would not normally receive their own news thread. Please check the News Board for previous major announcements.

Upcoming Anime

Hitsugi no Chaika
A recent PV revealed that the series will air April 2014.

Source: PV
Previous Related News: Light Novel 'Hitsugi no Chaika' to be Animated

Donten ni Warau
The official site for the series announced the cast for four main characters.

Tenka Kumo: Yuichi Nakamura
Soramaru Kumo: Yuuki Kaji
Chutaro Kumo: Tsubasa Yonaga
Sirasu Kinjyo: Takahiro Sakurai

Source: Comic Natalie
Previous Related News: Shoujo Manga 'Donten ni Warau' to Get TV Anime Adaptation

Detective Conan
A scan from the upcoming sixth issue of Shonen Sunday will reveal that the series will be receiving an anime special that tells of Conan's past.

Source: Scan via ANN

Soukyuu no Farner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus
The official site for the series posted a PV that reveals the anime will air Fall 2014.

Source: PV
Previous Related News: New Anime of Soukyuu no Fafner Announced

PVs/TV Ads
A collection of promotional videos and TV advertisements that were released this past week.

Manga News

Sora no Otoshimono
A scan from the February issue of Shounen Ace reveals that the manga series will be ending in the magazine's March issue which is set to be released January 26, 2014.

Toriko
A scan from the latest issue of Shounen Jump reveals that the manga series will go on a one-month hiatus starting January 4, 2014 after it's current "Human World" arc. The manga will return February 2, 2014.

Sakana-sanNov 11, 2016 1:51 PM
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Dec 29, 2013 1:01 PM

Feb 2012
How do you guys feel about PVs/TV ads being added to the weekly news post? Good? Bad? Indifferent?
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Dec 29, 2013 1:03 PM

Dec 2011
Wind_Sr said:
How do you guys feel about PVs/TV ads being added to the weekly news post? Good? Bad? Indifferent?

Good because there are a couple of those that I didn't even know had come out.

Going to check the Mahou Sensou PV now.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 29, 2013 1:06 PM

Nov 2012
Wind_Sr said:

wow!!! didn't knew about the date a live 2 PV ^,^
Dec 29, 2013 1:09 PM
Mar 2012
Wind_Sr said:

Beautiful, I can watch everything all in one place. And I am so sad Sora no Otoshimono is finally coming to a close, I hope they don't give a rushed ending.
Dec 29, 2013 1:10 PM

Feb 2010
Looking forward to Donten ni Warau, and the new Bones anime could be decent too.

I just hope the Toriko hiatus doesn't get prolonged over 1 month.

As for the PVs being included, I think that's a nice feature.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 29, 2013 1:46 PM

Jun 2009
like the idea, it will be nice to see them in anohter place , then looking for them
Dec 29, 2013 2:20 PM
Feb 2012
I'm sad to learn that the Sora no Otoshimono manga is coming to an end. With the current storyline though, I sort of knew it was coming. It is definitely one of my favourite manga. All I hope is that this ends with a great ending. It truly deserves it.^^'
Dec 29, 2013 2:23 PM
Jul 2012
Wind_Sr said:

Doesn't effect me that much, but I think it's good.

Donten ni Warau looks cool. Will read the manga though.
Dec 29, 2013 2:34 PM

Oct 2012
Wind_Sr said:

Sora no Otoshimono
A scan from the February issue of Shounen Ace reveals that the manga series will be ending in the magazine's March issue which is set to be released January 26, 2014.

So it's not just the anime, but the manga too?!?! WHAT'S THIS WORLD COME TO?!?!
Dec 29, 2013 2:40 PM

Aug 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
Wind_Sr said:

Good because there are a couple of those that I didn't even know had come out.

Going to check the Mahou Sensou PV now.

I agree.
.................................................................................
Dec 29, 2013 2:45 PM

Sep 2011
Wind_Sr said:

I highly support doing this, it only helps bring more attention to shows as well as notifying people when something they are interested in has a preview, anyone that for whatever reason doesnt care for them can just ignore it

Anyhow Donten ni Warau could be interesting, didnt know about its existence until this thread

Hitsugi no chaika iv been iffy on ever since its announcement, it really doesnt seem like anything bones would make and looking at the creator's previous works it really seems like its building up to not be good, I will watch it and give it a fair chance but im really not expecting anything special, maybe a pv showing off animation and such can interest me but as of now i really am not expecting this to be good

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 29, 2013 2:46 PM

Jul 2013
Nice addition about those PVs/ads. Madhouse is also animating NGNL this spring? I hope that doesn't hinder anything related to Mahouka :/

Dec 29, 2013 2:50 PM

May 2011
Wind_Sr said:

I really like the idea. It'll make it a lot easier to follow PVs for me. I've tried subscribing to youtube channels to follow them, but they kinda clutter my RSS with a lot of videos that I don't really need to watch. ._. A lot easier than following it through anime subforums too.
Dec 29, 2013 3:03 PM

May 2011
Wind_Sr said:

This is a nice thing to have. I got to see some PVs I had no idea were up and it's a lot more easy to follow them this way as well. Good work.
Dec 29, 2013 4:03 PM

Apr 2010
I hoped to see news about HxH manga hiatus end T_T
Ah well, one can only hope...
Dec 29, 2013 4:05 PM

Nov 2011
Wind_Sr said:

Awesome since it's collectively gathered in one place :3
Dec 29, 2013 4:12 PM

Nov 2008
itazuranamelody said:
Wind_Sr said:

Sora no Otoshimono

The great manga purge of 2013 and 14. It's sad but there's more manga and light novels on the way and the next potential hit to follow. Too bad this purge (and a case of government run amok) also pretty much ended the era of loli ecchi series.

Dec 29, 2013 4:46 PM
Jul 2013
Hoppy said:
itazuranamelody said:
Wind_Sr said:

Sora no Otoshimono

The great manga purge of 2013 and 14. It's sad but there's more manga and light novels on the way and the next potential hit to follow. Too bad this purge (and a case of government run amok) also pretty much ended the era of loli ecchi series.

The purge is not strong enough to end To Love Ru Darkness though, hur hur hur.

Take that purge!

But yeah, speaking of it. It's quite sad to see a lot of series go:

- Deadman Wonderland, Sora and then Rosario Vampire (This I still have a hunch that it'll have a third season) and a lot more.

Some series are necessarily ended. *stares at OreImo*

But so far, I've found a few good series to replace them:

- AssClass, Souma, Haikyuu, Nisekoi, Nanatsu, One Punch Man,...

The amount of new series is not enough to fill in the gap IMO. Hoping that next year hits start spawning more!
Dec 29, 2013 4:57 PM

Jul 2010
Wind_Sr said:

Thank you for it!

Dec 29, 2013 4:57 PM

Nov 2008
Xinception said:
Hoppy said:
itazuranamelody said:
Wind_Sr said:

Sora no Otoshimono

The purge is not strong enough to end To Love Ru Darkness though, hur hur hur.

Take that purge!

But yeah, speaking of it. It's quite sad to see a lot of series go:

- Deadman Wonderland, Sora and then Rosario Vampire (This I still have a hunch that it'll have a third season) and a lot more.

Some series are necessarily ended. *stares at OreImo*

But so far, I've found a few good series to replace them:

- AssClass, Souma, Haikyuu, Nisekoi, Nanatsu, One Punch Man,...

The amount of new series is not enough to fill in the gap IMO. Hoping that next year hits start spawning more!

I don't even think the government can end TLRU Darkness at least as the result of the current laws in place or any that pass in the future, the censorship will just get more creative if more laws are passed, creative adaptation at it's finest.

Dec 29, 2013 4:58 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
Wind_Sr said:

I like the idea. It helps give exposure to people who don't know about a given series yet.
Dec 29, 2013 5:49 PM
Jul 2018
WOW Hitsugi no Chaika will be animated. I am currently reading the manga. Well the pv doesn't show anything I want to see. :(
Nisekoi is not what I'm anticipating for but after watching the pv, I'm really excited to watch the anime. Guess that's the charms of SHAFT.
DAL2 and D-Frag is what I'm really waiting for.
Dec 29, 2013 6:06 PM

Jan 2011
Sekai Seifuku: Bouryaku no Zveda:CM5,CM6
There is also a new PV for it, but its region locked.
[center]
Dec 29, 2013 6:36 PM

Mar 2008
Wind_Sr said:
I love this addition. Very handy. Thank you Wind_Sr! :)

Dec 29, 2013 7:25 PM

May 2011
Sakura Trick: PV
Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara: PV
Saki: Zenkoku-hen: PV, BD/DVD CM
Seikoku no Dragonar: PV
Ufotable's Fate/Stay Night: PV

VioLink said:

There is also a new PV for it, but its region locked.

Alternative link.
ZekamashiDec 29, 2013 8:17 PM
Dec 29, 2013 7:50 PM

Nov 2009
It's actually very helpful of you to even link the PVs along with the announcement. :3
Dec 29, 2013 7:57 PM

Jul 2012
I'm not one to watch PV's, but damn adding them to this is a really good feature.
Dec 29, 2013 8:25 PM

Oct 2011
Thanks for this. Looking forward to that Detective Conan specials. I also read about the Toriko hiatus :S
Dec 29, 2013 8:50 PM

Jan 2011
Zekamashi said:
Alternative link.

Thanks, man I am so hyped for this.
[center]
Dec 30, 2013 2:03 AM

Nov 2007
Wind_Sr said:

Detective Conan
A scan from the upcoming sixth issue of Shonen Sunday will reveal that the series will be receiving an anime special that tells of Conan's past.

I'm hyped about this.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 30, 2013 2:43 AM
May 2012
Wind_Sr said:

It's really awesome!!!

I'll be watching all of those Anime :3

I'll read the Sora no Otoshimono Manga too.
Dec 30, 2013 4:55 AM

Nov 2012
i hope there wont be a timeskip in toriko
Dec 30, 2013 5:23 AM

Oct 2012
tsubasalover said:
Wind_Sr said:

Detective Conan

I'm hyped about this.

me too

Dec 30, 2013 5:26 AM

Sep 2012
I'm really excited for Hamatora!
Dec 30, 2013 6:17 AM

May 2012
Sorry if this is off topic but do I need to watch the original Soul Eater before watching Soul Eater Not! ?
Dec 30, 2013 6:34 AM

Nov 2008
Sora no Otoshimono manga coming to an end , you will be miss King of perv.
Dec 30, 2013 8:57 AM

Mar 2013
I already got a premonition that Sora no Otoshimono will be ending soon based on the content and quality of the recent chapters they released. It's really a shame. I really enjoyed the series. Goodbye Tomoki and your pervy ways.
Dec 30, 2013 3:58 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
thepath said:
Sorry if this is off topic but do I need to watch the original Soul Eater before watching Soul Eater Not! ?

It's helpful, but no, you don't. It focuses on a completely new set of characters and only involves a few previously established SE characters in more peripheral or supportive roles at most. At least, that's the impression I got from the first eight or so chapters. Haven't read anything past that.
Jan 5, 2014 12:32 AM

Jul 2008
Wind_Sr said:

Sora no Otoshimono

Sad but i can start read it soon,
Jan 5, 2014 1:11 AM

Dec 2012
itazuranamelody said:
Wind_Sr said:

Sora no Otoshimono

FUCKING ARMAGEDDON
my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 16 minutes ago

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
7 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

15 by Andromeda »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.