Anime & Manga News

Manga 'JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders' to Get TV Anime Adaptation

by symbv
Oct 16, 2013 1:52 AM | 124 Comments
In the latest issue of "Shounen Jump" magazine, it was announced that the manga "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders" will be adapted into a TV anime series. Part 3 of the "JoJo" series was serialized in Shounen Jump from 1989 to 1992 and was previously animated in two OVA series: one from 1993 to 1994 and another from 2000 to 2002. Part 1 and 2 of the manga were also animated last year by David Production, who will also work on the new anime. Most of the main staff involved in the 2012 adaptation, including Director Tsuda Naokatsu and Series Composition Kobayashi Yasuko, will stay as well.

Source: Scan of Shounen Jump

Story by AkaNoYasha

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders on MAL

20 of 124 Comments Recent Comments

YES! YES!! YES!!!

I'm super happy right now :)

Nov 23, 2013 2:19 PM by Tengoku_no_hakai

symbv said:
Akanezora said:
I've also read that Anime voice casting will be different from the ASB game, and Cast will be announced at Jump Festa http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/7412398.html
symbv can you confirm it?
Can't really confirm because everything circulating around 2ch (like the one in your link) is somebody claiming to see it in the latest issue of Ultra Jump which they somehow got a bit earlier than the official release date. Until more people actually get their hand on Ultra Jump and read it, it is hard to confirm whether the information is all accurate. But all the various versions I've seen mention the timing of 2014 Spring release and cast announcement at Jump Festa so I guess at least these two are likely to be true.

I see thanks, I guess we'll have to wait the Jump Festa then.

Nov 16, 2013 8:46 AM by Akanezora

Akanezora said:
I've also read that Anime voice casting will be different from the ASB game, and Cast will be announced at Jump Festa http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/7412398.html
symbv can you confirm it?
Can't really confirm because everything circulating around 2ch (like the one in your link) is somebody claiming to see it in the latest issue of Ultra Jump which they somehow got a bit earlier than the official release date. Until more people actually get their hand on Ultra Jump and read it, it is hard to confirm whether the information is all accurate. But all the various versions I've seen mention the timing of 2014 Spring release and cast announcement at Jump Festa so I guess at least these two are likely to be true.

Nov 16, 2013 7:51 AM by symbv

I've also read that Anime voice casting will be different from the ASB game, and Cast will be announced at Jump Festa http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/7412398.html

symbv can you confirm it?

Nov 16, 2013 7:43 AM by Akanezora

Houndtwo said:
symbv said:
According to the latest issue of Ultra Jump, this will air in 2014 Spring cour.
Any news as to whether it will extend through Summer and Fall? I'd assume it'd be a 3-cour show.
Nothing about the length of the show is disclosed yet.

There will be a recap special for part 1 & 2 to be aired in January though.

Nov 16, 2013 7:15 AM by symbv

symbv said:
According to the latest issue of Ultra Jump, this will air in 2014 Spring cour.
Any news as to whether it will extend through Summer and Fall? I'd assume it'd be a 3-cour show.

Nov 16, 2013 7:13 AM by Yorozu

According to the latest issue of Ultra Jump, this will air in 2014 Spring cour.

Nov 16, 2013 7:08 AM by symbv

INTERESTING! I need to watch the first season now :D

Nov 3, 2013 6:48 PM by ExoticNeeds

(lol late reply but)
AW FUCK YEA!

Nov 3, 2013 10:36 AM by reira93

getting hyped for Iggi vs. Petshop

Oct 21, 2013 8:26 PM by SenpaiKilla

Doaj said:
Grouchio said:
I'LL BE THE ROOOOOUNDABOUT~~


Is it unreasonable to pray for the same ED?

nah, we need a new one. I love Roundabout, but I trust DP to make a worthy change

Oct 21, 2013 5:31 PM by gedata

Doaj said:
Is it unreasonable to pray for the same ED?

LoL, but yes was good, wasn't it?

Oct 21, 2013 2:42 PM by naens

Grouchio said:
I'LL BE THE ROOOOOUNDABOUT~~


Is it unreasonable to pray for the same ED?

Oct 21, 2013 1:08 PM by Doaj

Now that's what I'm talking about baby.

Oct 21, 2013 11:07 AM by Daimyo

Awesome 'news'

Oct 21, 2013 6:46 AM by R-

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESSSSS! MY LIFE IS COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 20, 2013 4:41 PM by Avato-chan

AWESOME NEWS!

Oct 19, 2013 5:26 AM by Cresherhsm

I'LL BE THE ROOOOOUNDABOUT~~

Oct 18, 2013 11:47 PM by Grouchio

Hell yes. I hope they have a bigger budget this time.

Oct 18, 2013 10:22 PM by 5layer

Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Tengai said:
symbv said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
THIS IS EVEN BETTER THAN THE INFERNO COP NEWS
The Inferno Cop "news" is most likely to be false though. Just keep this in mind.

Tengai said:
Is JoJo's Bizarre Adventure really good??? I've been thinking a lot lately if I should really watch this. I've known this Anime for quite some time now.
I am never a fan of GAR exaggerated battle shounen stuff but I still got quite captivated by the anime. The way the anime modernizes the old manga in present art and sound-scape while keeping the taste of the original material, and the amazing voicing acting skills of the cast of seiyuu, is truly something to behold.


Well I am going to wait for 'JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3: Stardust Crusaders' to finish airing first so I can marathon all of them including the old ones.


The old OVAs also cover Stardust Crusaders, so it might be a bit repetitive to watch both after each other.


I don't mind :D Imma still watch them all since all of you are going apeshit about this news so it must be really good :3 and I am going to compare the changes.

Oct 18, 2013 7:08 PM by Tengai