Anime & Manga News

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Apr 9 - 15

by dtshyk
Apr 17, 2012 1:26 AM | 55 Comments
Here are the weekly Blu-ray & CD rankings for April 9th - 15th.

Blu-ray
*1, 5,343 *5,343 Mouretsu Pirates vol.2 Limited Edition
*2, 2,735 *2,735 Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! vol.2
*3, 1,309 *1,309 Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars Blu-ray Box
*4, 1,284 *6,472 Mouretsu Pirates vol.1 Limited Edition
*5, *,511 *5,317 Uchuu Senkan Yamato: Fukkatsu-hen
*6, *,375 20,969 Persona 4 The Animation vol.5 Limited Edition

DVD
*1, 2,870 *,**2,870 Detective Conan Bonus File Fantasista no Hana
*2, 1,062 1,131,568 My Neighbor Totoro
*3, *,531 *,*21,844 Prince of Tennis: Eikokushiki Teikyuu Shiro Kessen! Deluxe Edition
*4, *,432 *,188,430 Porco Rosso
*5, *,415 *,**3,081 One Piece 14th Season vol.7
*6, *,413 *,**1,947 Sore Ike! Anpanman Ongakukan
*7, *,403 *,479,044 Kiki's Delivery Service
*8, *,392 *,**2,152 Manga Nippon Mukashibanashi DVD Box vol.7
*9, *,385 *,**3,423 Uchuu Senkan Yamato: Fukkatsu-hen
10, *,379 *,***,379 Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! vol.1
11, *,365 *,**2,067 Manga Nippon Mukashibanashi DVD Box vol.8
12, *,349 *,749,209 Castle in the Sky
13, *,317 *,***,317 Chi-Sui Maru 2nd Season 2nd Season
14, *,307 *,**1,992 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou vol.1 Limited Edition
15, *,304 *,**2,190 Prince of Tennis: Eikokushiki Teikyuu Shiro Kessen! Standard Edition

Single CD
*1, 115,950 115,950 Nintama Rantarou "Kaze wo Kitte"
*7, *13,897 *13,897 Taketatsu Ayana "Sinfonia! Sinfonia!!!"
*9, **9,995 152,860 Doraemon: Nobita and the Miracle Island - Animal Adventure "Ikiteru Ikiteku"
14, **6,879 **6,879 Kotobuki Minako "Kokoro Sky"
30, **2,246 **9,491 Mobile Suit Gundam AGE "sharp#"
38, **1,695 *59,313 Mouretsu Pirates "Mugen no Ai"
39, **1,593 **1,593 Detective Conan "Renaissance Earth"
40, **1,515 *24,494 Smile Precure! "Let's go! Smile Precure!" "Yeah!Yeah!Yeah!"
50, **1,081 *47,350 Guilty Crown "The Everlasting Guilty Crown"

Album CD
*2, 53,909 53,909 ClariS "Birthday"
12, *6,661 *6,661 Aoi Eir "Prayer"
21, *4,384 16,021 Rin & Len "Vocalogemini"

Source: Oricon Youtaiju

20 of 55 Comments Recent Comments

=/ i would totally support but...considering its like $50 for 2 episodes o.o

Apr 19, 2012 2:41 PM by CodeXen

CodeXen said:
sweet, papakiki is doing well, i demand season 2 Dx

It's not really, though. Second season is very unlikely at these numbers unless they already planned and paid for it before the first season started (there were rumors of this but nothing seems to have come of it).

Apr 19, 2012 1:47 PM by jmal

sweet, papakiki is doing well, i demand season 2 Dx

Apr 19, 2012 12:36 PM by CodeXen

jmal said:
Immahnoob said:
BlueKite said:
Miyazaki films still on the rankings? That's cool despite their age
Wait, wasn't your signature about Posts and Maturity? D:

I don't see anything objectionable in his post. All he's doing is expressing surprise that Miyazaki still ranks, and admiration that they do so despite being released so long ago.

My question was legit too, I just asked him how come he changed his signature, it had no real meaning.

Apr 19, 2012 10:00 AM by Immahnoob

Immahnoob said:
BlueKite said:
Miyazaki films still on the rankings? That's cool despite their age
Wait, wasn't your signature about Posts and Maturity? D:

I don't see anything objectionable in his post. All he's doing is expressing surprise that Miyazaki still ranks, and admiration that they do so despite being released so long ago.

Apr 19, 2012 9:08 AM by jmal

BlueKite said:
Miyazaki films still on the rankings? That's cool despite their age

Wait, wasn't your signature about Posts and Maturity? D:

Apr 19, 2012 7:37 AM by Immahnoob

Miyazaki films still on the rankings? That's cool despite their age

Apr 19, 2012 7:32 AM by BlueKite

SinDeLuXe said:
Solkiskey said:
SinDeLuXe said:
What is this borefest called "Mouretsu Pirates" doing up there? I'm mean, it's not particularly bad but boring as hell to watch. -_-


You're looking at the wrong thing, the rankings dont really matter. Look at the sales number.


I did, they still look pretty good. (unless you compare it to the sales of Persona 4 and such which is silly because of the big fanbase)

Mouretsu Pirates is the show I find, hands down, the most exciting to watch every week of the Winter 2012 season. It's a subtle kind of excitement, but it's executed masterfully. Best show of Winter and almost certainly going to be Top 5 of the year for me.


Which is not really an achievement. The winter season 2012 is weak to begin with. (Nichibros being an exception for some people)
No probs there if you like it, the slow pacing (episode 15 is a good example, they could shorten the whole thing to half an episode) is what kills it for me, personally. It might've been better as a 13/14 ep anime.


The sales aren't THAT good, unfortunately.

Apr 19, 2012 6:06 AM by Soru

RyanSaotome said:
scruffykiwi said:
RyanSaotome said:

Very little at this point. They ended with an anime original ending where they moved out of the apartment.... when the whole basis of the novel story is them living in that small apartment. They'd need to retcon the ending to make another series.


That is not correct. At the end of novel #1 they move back into his sisters house just as they do in the anime.


Really? I haven't read it myself, I was just going by what /a/ was saying after the final episode. If thats true, then thats good.


You can check out the novels at Baka-Tsuki. The first 2 novels have been translated (mostly) and the 3rd is part way done. (http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Papa_no_Iu_Koto_o_Kikinasai!)

Apr 17, 2012 4:05 PM by scruffykiwi

scruffykiwi said:
RyanSaotome said:

Very little at this point. They ended with an anime original ending where they moved out of the apartment.... when the whole basis of the novel story is them living in that small apartment. They'd need to retcon the ending to make another series.


That is not correct. At the end of novel #1 they move back into his sisters house just as they do in the anime.


Really? I haven't read it myself, I was just going by what /a/ was saying after the final episode. If thats true, then thats good.

Apr 17, 2012 3:44 PM by RyanSaotome

*1, 5,343 *5,343 Mouretsu Pirates vol.2 Limited Edition
*4, 1,284 *6,472 Mouretsu Pirates vol.1 Limited Edition
Yes! Definitely deserves lots of sales.

*3, *,531 *,*21,844 Prince of Tennis: Eikokushiki Teikyuu Shiro Kessen! Deluxe Edition
Must watch. >:I



*3, 10,345 Natsume Yuujinchou Shi
*5, *6,472 Mouretsu Pirates
10, *3,694 Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
Deserving. :D

Apr 17, 2012 2:54 PM by Mirorin

Solkiskey said:
SinDeLuXe said:
What is this borefest called "Mouretsu Pirates" doing up there? I'm mean, it's not particularly bad but boring as hell to watch. -_-


You're looking at the wrong thing, the rankings dont really matter. Look at the sales number.


I did, they still look pretty good. (unless you compare it to the sales of Persona 4 and such which is silly because of the big fanbase)

Mouretsu Pirates is the show I find, hands down, the most exciting to watch every week of the Winter 2012 season. It's a subtle kind of excitement, but it's executed masterfully. Best show of Winter and almost certainly going to be Top 5 of the year for me.


Which is not really an achievement. The winter season 2012 is weak to begin with. (Nichibros being an exception for some people)
No probs there if you like it, the slow pacing (episode 15 is a good example, they could shorten the whole thing to half an episode) is what kills it for me, personally. It might've been better as a 13/14 ep anime.

Apr 17, 2012 2:31 PM by SinDeLuXe

RyanSaotome said:

Very little at this point. They ended with an anime original ending where they moved out of the apartment.... when the whole basis of the novel story is them living in that small apartment. They'd need to retcon the ending to make another series.


That is not correct. At the end of novel #1 they move back into his sisters house just as they do in the anime.

Apr 17, 2012 2:30 PM by scruffykiwi

Oh, I'm glad to see Natsume so high up. Mouretsu Pirates looks like it's selling well too. Maybe I should finally start watching it again.

Apr 17, 2012 12:46 PM by Hannf

jmal said:
phoenixalia said:
so will next week show Inu Boku, High School DxD, and Brave 10's next volume sales?

Yeah, there isn't a huge amount of stuff coming out, and even if there were all of them will sell enough to rank. Just might not see Brave 10's BD numbers until Thursday, if the Tuesday tBD hreshold is too high.


wait....just saw something. Brave 10's being released on the 25th right? And the next week will cover 16-22 right?

Apr 17, 2012 11:18 AM by phoenixalia

jmal said:
Mr_Gutts said:
don't know what too say

Then say nothing and leave the thread with one less clutter post.

RyanSaotome said:
Honestly it was pretty bad early on for me, all that training stuff. Once that blonde loli showed up it got better though.

I loved it from the start but I think a lot of people found it slow initially. Preorder rankings for the show were pretty dead for the first four episodes, but turned around markedly for episode five (the first major action episode) and stayed high ever since. Though it did turn around a couple weeks before Gruier arrived, I'm sure she helped as well. She's been a fantastic addition to the cast.


Well, most people find Mouretsu boring because there's not enough mindless action and too much talking.

Apr 17, 2012 10:37 AM by Soru

Glad Natsume still holds 3rd place of Winter Season, followed by Ano Natsu and Pirates. With this I feel my taste is somehow represented :P

Mouretsu is pretty good indeed, though the premise is not to my liking and I really don't like that pirating is a service and not, well, pirating, the careful execution made me stick to it. It'll never be a favorite of mine or even close, but what it does it does well and there's still time for it to get even better. Can't say I'm baffled by how good it sells so far.

Apr 17, 2012 10:28 AM by Pullman

jmal said:
SinDeLuXe said:
What is this borefest called "Mouretsu Pirates" doing up there? I'm mean, it's not particularly bad but boring as hell to watch. -_-

Mouretsu Pirates is the show I find, hands down, the most exciting to watch every week of the Winter 2012 season. It's a subtle kind of excitement, but it's executed masterfully. Best show of Winter and almost certainly going to be Top 5 of the year for me.


Honestly it was pretty bad early on for me, all that training stuff. Once that blonde loli showed up it got better though.

Apr 17, 2012 10:22 AM by RyanSaotome

don't know what too say

Apr 17, 2012 10:20 AM by Mr_Gutts

SinDeLuXe said:
What is this borefest called "Mouretsu Pirates" doing up there? I'm mean, it's not particularly bad but boring as hell to watch. -_-


You're looking at the wrong thing, the rankings dont really matter. Look at the sales number.

Apr 17, 2012 10:05 AM by Soru

Related Database Entries