Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 13, 2010 1:06 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It seem like the story plot progness quite well.
Now and it seem like it almost over, The Yellow Scarves member seem to found the leader girlfriend of Dollars but it was Anri and I think Kida realize his best friend Mikado it's Dollars leader.
I supposted it was good episode.

Looking forward for next episode!!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 13, 2010 3:42 PM

Jul 2007
such a great episode ;D poor kida D:

i really want next episode now D<

lol izaya is the joker ;DD BURN PIECES BURN!
May 13, 2010 4:34 PM

Feb 2010
Burn the chess-shogi-reverse board!! WAHOOO

Izaya's a wacko. He's the Joker,Celty's the Queen and Shizuo's the King...

Poor Kida! He was set in panic and things went too bad...
But Yumasaki's setting fire to those evil dudes was...my God,it was...

I WANT NEXT EPISODE!!
May 13, 2010 4:50 PM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 13, 2010 5:06 PM
Dec 2008
Dotachin was awesome in this episode.

This is all.
May 13, 2010 6:01 PM

Nov 2008
One has to wonder why no one has put a bullet into the back of Izaya's head yet - he makes no effort to hide the fact that he betrays everyone and plays with everyone's lives.
May 13, 2010 8:41 PM
Nov 2009
I don't think I can wait for another episode...it drives me nuts!
May 13, 2010 11:06 PM

Aug 2009
IZAYA IS DAMN CRUEL.
My long awaited episode is here. Oh god, what a cliffhanger.

Kida was so cool. OMGAAH.

I WANT MORE.
May 14, 2010 4:52 AM
Jun 2008
I really like the Pussyfoot train scene from Baccano ^^.
Railtracer(vino,claire) VS Shizuo who will win....Hahahahha well,Railtracer is a pure genius anyway while Shizuo is pure hardworking.It will be a an epic fight if both put in the the stage ^^
Izaya is a information agent.....well, i wonder how he get all the source from.really a mysterious guy.
From the last episode I kinda confuse why kida want to fight Anri.This episode explain much.If Kida fight Anri,then Dollar will move.A very nice Mitsudomoe^^.I wonder what will be the war like?I HOPE there will be next season for this series.no harm if i Hope for it ^^
May 14, 2010 6:39 AM

Jun 2009
Yumasaki...you're too cruel setting the fire on the vanxD I kinda hate Izaya in this episode...dunno why...he's to cruel. Kida look so great and cute too in this episode especially when he was talking with Saki^^

Ah...Anri found out about Kida being the Yellow Scarves leader....Oh noes give me the next episode already~

Next episode seems like Kida will found out about Mikado being the Dollars leader...probably..But I hope the three of them will be friends...hopefully:)

May 14, 2010 11:15 AM

Nov 2007
Pepelina said:

By the way, did Ecliptic or GG or whatever already sub this episode? I've downloaded GuguruTL subs and that sounded like some random gibberish.

[Ecliptic-BSS] dropped DRRR!! at episode 15, what you have been seeing was crunchy-rip styled with [Ecliptic-BSS]. Better switch to [AnCo^2] if you care about quality.

Usami-Haru said:
Dotachin was awesome in this episode.

This is all.

Wrong. Dotachin was awesome yet again in yet another episode.

Yumaski setting on the fire was win. But yeah, after this episode, I can so add Izaya in my hate list. :@

Great episode, but this is the first episode with no Shizuo or Celty in action, well what is a card game without the King and the Queen LOL.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 14, 2010 12:25 PM

Jul 2009
shanimebib said:

Yumaski setting on the fire was win. But yeah, after this episode, I can so add Izaya in my hate list. :@

Indeed.Yumasaki is such a badass in this episode.Dotachin is also awesome & his gang defection from Blue Squares because of their leader using dirty method is a right move.
Poor Saki & Kida,being a victim to Izaya evil manipulation >_>
Izaya is a total bastard but i can't hate him fully because he is too awesome..
May 14, 2010 12:41 PM

Nov 2008
Best Episode so far. Kida's past id by far the most interesting of the main characters. I like how this story is developing.

I wonder what will happen to Anri and if Kida will see her. Can't wait for next week!
May 14, 2010 12:50 PM

Feb 2008
Hm... Blue, Red and Yellow... Going against each other is not likely if they figure out who the leaders are. I predict Blue + Red + Yellow VS Black!

If you can't tell by now who those colors are... Then just drop the series right now.

Overall nice episode. Liked the Baccano reference. Although it doesn't make much sense since Miria and Isaac cameo on an episode. How would they have that train scene!? :O
May 14, 2010 12:52 PM

Oct 2009
Anri found out about Kida O_O *blink blink*
Each episode keeps getting intense!
I seriously went like OMG! when they broke Saki's leg!
Gawd! Can't wait for the next episode *hitting table*
May 14, 2010 1:03 PM

Feb 2010
If anri saw kida why did she start running? Only problem w/ this anime: it starts off like: "ok..?" and becomes epic then goes back down. I hate waiting for the climax :(
May 14, 2010 1:33 PM

Jan 2010
This episode is one of my favorites. Kida's not even my favorite, but his past and Saki are just so interesting. The story is progressing even more, and I'm super anxious for next week's episode!
May 14, 2010 1:47 PM

Aug 2009
IZAYA, DAT BITCH

Awesome episode, btw.
May 14, 2010 1:51 PM

Oct 2009
even after this, i cant bring myself to hate izaya. he's just too much of a genius.
but awesome episode, not going to repeat everything everyone said here ^^
May 14, 2010 1:52 PM

Aug 2009
BURN OTHELLOCHESSHOGI BURN! MWAHAHAHA! :P

-Wow, am I gonna be sad when this show ends. Today's LOST flashback backstory was about Kida and jeez. A lot of the characters have had interesting backstories but this was the first one that actually really made me feel for the character (not that Anri's wasn't sad or anything though). It's amazing how quickly Kida's life went to complete hell because of Izaya. Izaya's definitely been more villainous lately but he's just too awesome and fun to hate. Also, broken leg=not fun experience.

-I love how when Kida is showing emotion, he sounds just like Ling. Oh Mamoru.

-Flying Pussyfoot clip on the screen was made of win.

-Whoa, the Dollars quartet got some good screentime today. Especially Dota-chin and his Kamina punch/speech. Lol at Yumasaki wanting his own anime.

-CLIFFHANGERSSSSSS!
May 14, 2010 2:21 PM

Apr 2009
Izaya the best character out there))

but when the Slasher hurt that chick??

i dont remember that o_O
May 14, 2010 2:25 PM

Aug 2008
Yumasaki is one of my favs now, lol. He reminded me of Gin(bleach). Man Kida is now my 2nd favorite character in show, I want some more of it. Oh and the sound of Kida's girl's leg breaking sounded painful. Those Blue Square bastards.

At first I liked Izaya, but lately his evilness and manner of using people is starting to make me angry. Though that means hes being a good villain.

May 14, 2010 2:32 PM
Jul 2018
"Make me an anime hero via happy ending" plan rulexxx XD

Izaya Izaya Izaya. Man that dude is behind everything :D. Make him a friend and regret it forever, make him a foe and curse your decision for the rest of your life. Damn awesome character
May 14, 2010 2:48 PM

Dec 2007
Izaya you one hell of a magnificent bastard. "Look, the pawns burn like garbage".

Saki is cool but weird.

"So if he told you to jump off a bridge and die, would you"?

"Probably, yeah. -I lol'd at that part.

Awesome Baccano video in the background.

Man that's some cruel way to provoke someone: to call them on the phone and abuse their girlfriend. That blue gang guy sure is evil.

That's some awesome way to save someone, Walker is a bro.

Kadota was being awesome.

This new arc is great so far. Hope it keeps up.
May 14, 2010 2:56 PM

Dec 2009
It was a great episode. I love the relationship that Kida has with Saki <3
I want to see the next episode and I'll like to find out if Kida is going to fight against Dollars :<
May 14, 2010 3:02 PM
Jul 2018
rarri said:

Man that's some cruel way to provoke someone: to call them on the phone and abuse their girlfriend. That blue gang guy sure is evil.

I wonder if Izaya told them that manner XD
May 14, 2010 3:07 PM

Mar 2009
this episode was pure epicness.

Dotachin and his little gang are awesome!
May 14, 2010 3:18 PM

Mar 2009
Ahhh!~ Great episode! Kida freaking out made me giggle. XD So did Izaya laughing at his little fire.

Did Anri find out about Kida's secret? I wonder!
May 14, 2010 3:28 PM
Dec 2007
SamTheNayru said:
IZAYA, DAT BITCH.

I think we all knew that far before this episode :)

Oh and the episode was great indeed. Masaomi's story was quite interesting and it seems like next episode will bring some surprises for our three friends.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 14, 2010 3:33 PM

Nov 2008
Again, Izaya proves his masterful trolling.

I squirmed a little when I heard her scream over the phone.
May 14, 2010 3:33 PM

Jul 2008
I hope they all end up being friends after they find out each others' secrets...I really liked Kida's backstory, and finally learning who Saki was.

Why is Izaya her guardian?
May 14, 2010 3:57 PM

Jan 2010
I know many Izaya fans will stick up for him, and that's okay. I'm not one myself, so I can easily admit what a bitch he was/ is. But, he is seriously hilarious, so I can never be mad at him.

I just realized in this episode how hot Kida is. I guess it's because we always just see his silly side, but we got to see such a serious and sad side to him. Poor Saki, too >.<

Really happy the three leader thing is progressing and Anri knows now who Kida really is.

I just can't wait for them both to figure out Mikados secret, because for them that'll probably be the most surprising, since such a week boy controls such a large gang. This will definetly get interesting.

Oh, and Walker FTW.
May 14, 2010 3:59 PM

Aug 2009
Maximatum99 said:

Yeah, me too.

Like I said. Not a fun experience.
May 14, 2010 4:03 PM

Nov 2008
garfield15 said:
Maximatum99 said:
Yeah, me too.

Not a fun experience you say? I don't believe you.
May 14, 2010 4:10 PM

Aug 2009
Maximatum99 said:
garfield15 said:
Maximatum99 said:
Yeah, me too.

Not a fun experience you say? I don't believe you.

YOU DARE DISPROVE MY LOGIC!? :P
May 14, 2010 4:23 PM

Nov 2008
garfield15 said:

YOU DARE DISPROVE MY LOGIC!? :P
May 14, 2010 4:32 PM

Aug 2009
We finally get some actual romance and DRAMA in this series. And damn, some deep drama it is.

Poor poor Kida. I admit, I cried when he was crying.

I can't figure out Saki. Does she still like him or what? She's still worshipping Izaya?

I know Izaya's in my top 5 favourites but there's a limit to assholeness, and he just crossed it.

I fell in love with Kadota and the gang this episode. And Walker was love.

And holy, Anri dfinally discovered Kida's true face. This is getting drama drama drama. I likey.

No SHIZUO!? BLASPHEMY!

Also, how long has it been since we last saw Shinra's face? And an episode of Drrr is not an episode of Drrr without Celty.
Nevertheless, I immensely enjoyed this one.

And my heart broke because of all that happened. Screw you Izaya.
May 14, 2010 4:45 PM

Sep 2007
Awesome episode.

1) ''Ja matanaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!'' by Masaomi/Mamoru.
2) Bus, Walker, alcohol = BUS ON FIRE hallelujah totally unexpected evil bastard side.
3) Izaya needs some lipstick to fully express his bitchyness.

I am not only blown away by this, I am starting to pray to it.
Amen.
May 14, 2010 4:52 PM
Apr 2009
This episode made me question my love for Izaya as a character I know that he loves humans *in his own words* - - but baiting Kida & ignoring him when he needs him most - - what a heartless bastard. I still like him to a degree, however - - the fact that he got him to rely pretty much solely on him & then he hangs him out to dry - - that's pretty messed up.

& Saki is annoying in that she does't seem to harbor any grudge against either Kida or Izaya.
May 14, 2010 5:07 PM

Dec 2009
Izaya's monologue to at Kida was such a drag.... He said that it would be the same to Kida whether Saki died or styed in a coma... wtf??? Yeah, Izaya it would be the same to you, you bastard.

Whatever... Izaya's lost some of his charm. So why do I still like him?
May 14, 2010 5:29 PM

Jun 2009
cool Kida history and just for another baccono re fence it is a 10 star rating
May 14, 2010 5:41 PM

Jan 2010
k0k0 said:

No SHIZUO!? BLASPHEMY!

This.
May 14, 2010 6:08 PM

Apr 2010
Meh I always knew Izaya was a heartless bastard.
We finally got some Kida screen time the show's been lacking, although I don't really like the idea of Saki being his 'god'. Doesn't that make her like... bad? That she'll eventually drag him back to his past.

Not sure how to interpret Anri finding out about Kida. I guess everything can solve itself nicely if their identities were all revealed, but men may construe things after their fashion", and we need moar drama! (of the non-leg breaking kind. *ouch*)
May 14, 2010 6:11 PM

Nov 2009
dynamo_electron said:
cool Kida history and just for another baccono re fence it is a 10 star rating

Full blow actually footage from baccano this time.
I was actually on edge when the blue square's leader called on the phone. Although i knew she went into a coma actually hear them doing it over the phone and seeing Kida get upset was powerful. ---> Setting the van on fire. Awesome. Burning the game board. Awesome.

All the pieces are falling into place, and now that Anri knows the perfect setup Izaya is so excited about has me boiling with excitement as well.
May 14, 2010 6:20 PM

Mar 2009
All I have to say is.... Awesomely epic episode... and Yumasaki... (to steal TK's words) Fuckin' crazy. Also, awesome.
May 14, 2010 6:54 PM

Jan 2009
Can't wait for the next ep
Woah there is only 6 eps left
May 14, 2010 7:27 PM

Sep 2007
wao I'm surprised they decided to have the friends encounter each other's true faces so quickly. Mikado has a pretty evil look in his eyes in the preview.
May 14, 2010 7:41 PM
Apr 2010
Wow, wow, what an amazing episode. I think of all the pasts Kida's has been the most interesting. Anyway thoughts on the episode
-Izaya reminds me of Iago so much. Such a heartless guy who loves manipulating the people around him. Still, I cant bring myself to hate him as he is a great villain.
-Saki is quite cute, I really liked her! But I feel bad that she believes in Izaya so much. Why is he her guardian though? I think her past most also be quite complicated.
-Dotachin and Walker stole the episode. Go try to get your anime Walker. ahaha
-What a cliffhanger. I am wondering Anri's next action. She probably ran away in shock.

Overall, looking forward to the next episode. This series has become one of my favorite things to watch every week and I will sure miss it.
May 14, 2010 7:46 PM

May 2009
Izaya is someone you either love or love to hate. Straight hate or apathy isn't an option because he's such a good character and great villain.

Dotachin and Walker were great - like others have already said. The rest of their little crew is great too. Throw in their van and they kind of remind me of a kiddy version of the A-Team LOL.
May 14, 2010 7:59 PM

Apr 2009
Awesome. The story is too awesome.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Mar 24, 2010

318 by KonokoAsada »»
Sep 2, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

460 by KonokoAsada »»
Sep 2, 1:41 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

303 by KonokoAsada »»
Sep 2, 1:33 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

yakisobapan - Jan 21, 2010

412 by KonokoAsada »»
Sep 2, 1:24 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

goldslaught - Jun 24, 2010

600 by Randomega »»
Aug 30, 9:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.