Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 11, 11:34 AM
Aug 2023
alfsta said:
i dont think it'll reach demon slayer, jjk, or csm levels, but it'll probably sit around fire force or dr stone levels of popularity.

Fully agree mate! I've been lovin the show but it hasn't the quality of demon slayer, jjk, CSM etc..
Jun 11, 3:43 PM
Aug 2022
It’s pretty peak I’m a fan
Jun 11, 3:58 PM
Nov 2020
So far a very good standard shounen for me since the last few episodes were very good. One of best anime this season and I think my final rating will be a solid 8/10
Jun 11, 5:41 PM

Aug 2021
it's a very good anime, especially with Kaiju 10's appearance and that crazy Opening theme
Imho, it exceeds even AOT
Jun 11, 7:23 PM
Apr 2020
alfsta said:
i dont think it'll reach demon slayer, jjk, or csm levels, but it'll probably sit around fire force or dr stone levels of popularity.

tbh this, i hope it gets a 3-4 seasons at the very least tho
Jun 11, 7:56 PM

Apr 2022
Nope, but how good was the animation and direction of the last episode and in general of the whole series, but the last one may be one of the episodes of the season in quality issues. Soshiro and Reno are the characters that interest me the most, I hope to see more of them
Hey dude
Jun 11, 10:59 PM
Mar 2023
not peak, but certainly one of the better animes of this season if not the year.
Jun 11, 11:05 PM

May 2018
well I admit it's up there. it has a lot of cliches and some hit or miss humor, but I still felt compelled to read the manga in a day because of it... in my book, that says something.
can't yuck my yum

Jun 11, 11:20 PM
Jun 2024
It sounds like a lighthearted remark about the potential length of the thread before a moderator steps in to close it. It's likely meant to be humorous and acknowledge the conversational nature of the discussion.
Jun 12, 1:01 AM
Oct 2021
its good but peak i don't think so. The action scene is fluid, the comedy is okay for me, the plot is also kinda good, i read the manga and until 100-ish chapters the plot feels pretty steady to me but sometimes its kinda frustating when the JAKDF got outsmarted by kaijuu no 9 again and again. well, the story hasn't progessed alot tbh but we got some amazing character development and some improving skill for the main cast so i don't complain much. overall fun anime to watch. Solid 8/10
Jun 12, 10:54 AM
Dec 2021
Im enjoying it a lot actually it's 9/10 for me and I wait every week for its episode to came out.
Jun 12, 11:32 AM
Mar 2024
crazybreed92 said:
It has been hitting the bullseye in every aspect so far, whether it be soundtracks, animation, character development, storytelling, action, or humour. I’m pretty sure it’s also gonna get much more emotional and serious as the story builds up. What else is needed for peak entertainment? 😆

Exactly! No need to dysect evry part of an Shounen Anime.Im having a blast with the Show,great Entertainment!
Jun 12, 12:24 PM

Jan 2021
For the last few years we've had a few animes who started off amazing and then the manga got fumbled so bad. JJK was regarded as peak, and now it's mid at best. Only time will tell, but I'm hopeful. The thing is, Shonen battle animes will never come close to AoT level of greatness because they will never kill off main characters, so the stakes in every battle aren't that high when only the supporting cast is at risk.

But that's the thing, it doesn't have to be the next masterpiece. It doesn't have to surpass AoT or compare to any other battle shonen. It's fine if it's just a great anime most people will watch and get enjoyment from. Animes don't always have to be labelled as just peak or just garbage, and nothing in between, because a lot of the in between stuff is great too.
Jun 12, 8:30 PM
Jan 2015
to be PEAK, he need to sacrifice a lot of likeable character, so far he didn't and it will be half-boiled egg.
Jun 13, 4:59 AM
Mar 2022
yeah it's pretty good but nothing special.
Jun 13, 5:57 AM

Nov 2019
Pretty much the same as anything released in the past 10 years combined. Nothing new maybe older MC is the only change. It's a good model but nothing that transcends the shonen mold
Jun 13, 9:04 AM

Jan 2021
GTRaijin said:
The_Keyman-1 said:
The word peak has lost it's meaning. This is the most average level writing shounen I have ever seen. It's like the author was not even trying while making it. But since the art and fight scenes are well drawn, it sells well.

The moment I see anyone use peak on literally every anime they watch I just get a bit of brain damage ngl.

About time someone said it!! These lockdown kids label every fricking action anime with above average animation as peak. Like guys do you even know the meaning of PEAK??

Jun 13, 9:57 AM

Aug 2014
EXCALIBUR_843 said:
GTRaijin said:

The moment I see anyone use peak on literally every anime they watch I just get a bit of brain damage ngl.

About time someone said it!! These lockdown kids label every fricking action anime with above average animation as peak. Like guys do you even know the meaning of PEAK??

Yeah, it's ridiculous tbh. Back in the day, people would rarely even use masterpiece for anime and now we have them calling anything average/above average peak.
Jun 13, 11:04 AM
Sep 2021
anime is great
manga is peak
Jun 13, 12:52 PM
Jul 2021
it's a great big budget adaptation of a pretty generic shounen (if we ignore the unusual MC age)

as someone who checked out the manga after episode 2 I'll say
there's nothing particularly bad about it and some aspects are just as cool/entertaining but there's also nothing that makes it particularly special (to my eyes) either it's.... very very shounen
but tastes vary of course

I personally have one major and one minor gripe with the writing of the series which the anime adaption kind of improves upon but I am not gonna explain how in more detail because that could spoil things that are yet to come

but tbh with the first season of Dandadan airing soon between the two DDD's potential to become the new "peak" is lot higher imo if it's done well enough because the source material is already great by itself
I chased fame, fortune and CANDY during MALoween 23

Main :

Bonus:
Jun 13, 3:28 PM
Nov 2016
No clue why this is so popular. 8.2 rating, seriously ? 5 at best.

The premise sounds good, the animation is fine and the ED is catchy but that's about it.
The art style is frigging ugly. Like 2 decades behind. Reminds me of Hero Academia's fugly art style.
Which i dropped in S3 or so cuz too many flashbacks and too much focus on uninteresting side characters. But i digress.

It's full of archaic tongue clicking inducing shounen cliches.
Also, the MC is a moron. His motivation and past with Mina is an epic fail no one gives a damn about.
Sry, Vice Captain, you aren't as cool as Levy and you never will be.
This clearly checks all boxes for and wants to be the next big bad a la Dragon Ball, OP or even Hero Academia. But it's just mediocre imo.
If it was more mature and without the shounen cliches then it could be good. No, bloody splatter violence doesn't make this mature.
Guess i really am just too old with 31 now. Different generation and so.

A remake with better art and for a seinen magazine turned to anime could be good tho.
Jun 15, 5:31 AM

May 2009
Reply to BlueSnow93
No clue why this is so popular. 8.2 rating, seriously ? 5 at best.

The premise sounds good, the animation is fine and the ED is catchy but that's about it.
The art style is frigging ugly. Like 2 decades behind. Reminds me of Hero Academia's fugly art style.
Which i dropped in S3 or so cuz too many flashbacks and too much focus on uninteresting side characters. But i digress.

It's full of archaic tongue clicking inducing shounen cliches.
Also, the MC is a moron. His motivation and past with Mina is an epic fail no one gives a damn about.
Sry, Vice Captain, you aren't as cool as Levy and you never will be.
This clearly checks all boxes for and wants to be the next big bad a la Dragon Ball, OP or even Hero Academia. But it's just mediocre imo.
If it was more mature and without the shounen cliches then it could be good. No, bloody splatter violence doesn't make this mature.
Guess i really am just too old with 31 now. Different generation and so.

A remake with better art and for a seinen magazine turned to anime could be good tho.
@BlueSnow93 As if being in seinen magazine changes anything. Terraformars, Tokyo Ghoul, Record of Ragnarok are also from seinen magazines.
Jun 16, 11:14 PM
Nov 2016
Reply to bastek66
@BlueSnow93 As if being in seinen magazine changes anything. Terraformars, Tokyo Ghoul, Record of Ragnarok are also from seinen magazines.
@bastek66

Tokyo Ghoul is way better than this tho. Don't know the rest.
Also, you quoted/@ me just for that ? Nothing else to say to the stuff i wrote ? Only the seinen part. Ok, well.
Jun 17, 9:18 AM

May 2009
Reply to BlueSnow93
@bastek66

Tokyo Ghoul is way better than this tho. Don't know the rest.
Also, you quoted/@ me just for that ? Nothing else to say to the stuff i wrote ? Only the seinen part. Ok, well.
@BlueSnow93 because MAL ruined citing with shitty copying whole post. TG is trash. I'm saying that demographics of magazine doesn't matter nowadays.
Jun 21, 1:08 AM

May 2021
Nah bro this is far from peak. Its a decent anime, but nowhere peak. Its sad seeing people nowadays thinks Kaijuu 8 can be considered peak. What a world we are living in.
Jun 22, 12:24 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Reply to Futter
Not sure about peak, but it's definitely better than the latest seasons of Jujutsu Kaisen, and Demon Slayer. As they've both taken a step back in quality in the past year.
@Futter Jujutsu Kaisen has to be one of the most overrated shounen on this website.
S1 was a disappointment, I loved it a ton till ep12-14, the writing for the MC, then that development goes out of the window and it was just a meh second part, it killed any hype I could have for S2, at least Kimetsu is way more compelling with its characters, it is consistent to what I can expect.
Jujustu Kaisen is only peak animation and fighting choreography, rest is so bland, unless they could explore that side of the MC again like that from S1 earlier arc.

As for Kaijuu, this anime never a much better director, one that cares for a good soundtrack to create impact, not the bland shit this has, Jujutsu Kaizen was also trash on that regard, something Kimetsu excells due to Kajiura's talent and experience. (I m not addressing S3-S4 of Kimetsu, those took a dip in quality)

Shounen is still very popular, and we have seen some great new anime coming out of it, Kaijuu 8 could have been one of the most memorable, yet had to receive a garbage director.
The manga is just BETTER in creating hype for the fights, due to an amazing art and talents of the mangaka.
Jun 22, 12:28 AM

Jan 2024
It ain't peak, not even close. But I'm happy with what we got

It's okay if you forget me.

Jun 22, 9:29 AM

Jan 2024
This is decent but no way peak. Not even top 5 this season. It's about the level of Solo Leveling maybe better because it atleast has A story although pretty cliched. Kafka is not the best protagonist rather side characters are better.
7.5-8/10 at best
Jun 22, 5:24 PM
Dec 2013
Apparently, it's not even as good as Blue Exorcist, let alone stuff like Kimetsu no Yaiba and JJK, seeing that the manga for Kaiju No.8 has a lower rating than the Blue Exorcist manga. It's on the same level as Flame of Recca and Fire Force, and slightly better than Toriko. It's not peak, but it's WAY better than Ninja Kamui, that's for sure.
wildhoodJun 22, 8:23 PM
Jun 22, 5:50 PM

Apr 2022
stop setting up this show lol nobody really thinks it's peak, at least i think. it's generic but still enjoyable for what it is.
Jun 23, 5:50 AM

Nov 2020
XD no, this is the Solo Leveling of this season, just another average battle shounen season that is quite popular.
Jun 23, 5:52 AM
Jul 2021
no
1/10
not gonna happen
Jun 23, 7:38 AM

Feb 2011
SOLID 9 for me.

It's so fun and enjoying to watch. So much raw fighting, decent characters, Kikoru is cute as FUCK, it's hard to point out anything too bad aside from the ending song but that is skippable easily

him pissing out his nipples was hilarious

i do wish there was more explanation about their "fortitude" or power or whatever, but that's minor at best.

insanely solid 9. Probably a high 9 like a 9.6/10 for me.

Jun 23, 3:31 PM
Oct 2019
It's very, very good.
Jun 26, 11:01 AM

May 2015
Every time a new popular Shounen manga (from either Weekly Shounen Jump and/or Shounen Jump+) is adapted into a TV series by a popular and well-liked studio, it is called "peak" by users in here.... even more if such adaptation has high production values (animation, etc).

Nothing new here, this will repeat itself the very moment a new of these Shounen series drop again. Just wait and see everyone calling Dandadan and Sakamoto Days "peak" when then released later this year and next year.

Also, it is funny how some users here think a decent series and/or manga should have an 8 of score. An 8 isn't decent; an 8 is great... A 6 (or low 7) is decent....

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Jul 6, 2:44 AM

Sep 2013
Reply to zero-r
Every time a new popular Shounen manga (from either Weekly Shounen Jump and/or Shounen Jump+) is adapted into a TV series by a popular and well-liked studio, it is called "peak" by users in here.... even more if such adaptation has high production values (animation, etc).

Nothing new here, this will repeat itself the very moment a new of these Shounen series drop again. Just wait and see everyone calling Dandadan and Sakamoto Days "peak" when then released later this year and next year.

Also, it is funny how some users here think a decent series and/or manga should have an 8 of score. An 8 isn't decent; an 8 is great... A 6 (or low 7) is decent....
@zero-r Yep, Dandadan and Sakamoto Days are most likely the next “peak”.
Jul 26, 10:09 PM

May 2018
It's not peak. Watchable though.
Jul 30, 7:20 AM
Aug 2020
I know your just trying to create a thread, and you know the answer to yourself. The mc is boring, his only ideals are pleasing people (being side by his childhood friend which is so corny). And when it comes to story telling, below mid. I can't even connect to any of the characters, lol.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» what's with the hate? ( 1 2 )

FruitPunchBaka - May 18

74 by removed-user »»
Yesterday, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Fortress_Maximus - Jun 22

229 by higherthanhigh »»
Sep 24, 10:50 AM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Jun 29

275 by TheVistrian »»
Sep 23, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IzanaSolos - Jun 15

259 by TheVistrian »»
Sep 23, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

jas-samaaa - Jun 8

186 by TheVistrian »»
Sep 23, 2:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.