Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jan 31, 2023 5:49 AM
Sep 2020
Fluffygreygrass said:
lmaoo lycoris recoil bd sales were like 30k in first week

yep lycoris got more sales than demon slayer, spy x family, etc... does this mean it's more popular? definetely not. demon slayer is pretty much the biggest franchise in japan, shows with moe characters tend to sell a lot of blu ray because otaku's buy them. But shows like demon slayer make more money on things like merch and streaming. Even tho lycoris beat demon slayer in blu ray sales, demon slayer earned a LOOOOT more money, so comparing blu-ray sales is pretty dumb.
Jan 31, 2023 5:50 AM

Feb 2021
VarunaBles said:
MadanielFL said:
That moment when The Eminence in Shadow sells more blu-rays than CSM 

And people don't believe me when I say this show might not get a season 2....
Apparently Vinland Saga S1 sold 200 units and yet it has a 2nd season. CSM will probaly get one, just not on the same "level" as S1.

Vinland Saga had a production committee tho, which means it’s way less risky for the studio.

While CSM has no production committee, so that’s all money loss for Mappa only.
Jan 31, 2023 5:54 AM

Apr 2016
Well, i mean ... How is this surprising ? The targeted audience is well known for not having the spending power of others, like you cant really buy the BD/DVDs from just your monthly pocket money.
Jan 31, 2023 5:55 AM

Nov 2014
MadanielFL said:
VarunaBles said:
Apparently Vinland Saga S1 sold 200 units and yet it has a 2nd season. CSM will probaly get one, just not on the same "level" as S1.

Vinland Saga had a production committee tho, which means it’s way less risky for the studio.

While CSM has no production committee, so that’s all money loss for Mappa only.
Mappa selling off CSM news incoming?
Jan 31, 2023 5:59 AM

Jan 2009
japan hates deep or dark shows most of the time
Jan 31, 2023 6:03 AM
Oct 2019
YGuco18 said:
people are so unthankful. This is the best adaptation of all time and people still complain…

lol it's well known from the threat on twitter that the Japanese didn't like it so it's only a reflection of that. since Mappa is 100% on it with no production committee it hurt them now only remain to know what deal they got for royalties on streaming to see if they can make a few bucks back.
Jan 31, 2023 6:14 AM

Jan 2009
japan hates seinen? csm fans think the manga is seinen /s

main buyers of discs are usually source fans but the source fans of japan hates the adaptation
Jan 31, 2023 6:16 AM

Feb 2021
Otakupervert890 said:
YGuco18 said:
people are so unthankful. This is the best adaptation of all time and people still complain…

lol it's well known from the threat on twitter that the Japanese didn't like it so it's only a reflection of that. since Mappa is 100% on it with no production committee it hurt them now only remain to know what deal they got for royalties on streaming to see if they can make a few bucks back.

I’m sure all the people who pirated the show aren’t helping either.
Jan 31, 2023 6:16 AM
Oct 2022
Eurycoma said:
MadanielFL said:
That moment when The Eminence in Shadow sells more blu-rays than CSM 

And people don't believe me when I say this show might not get a season 2....

Leak already say that it will get Reze movie. It will announce next month or on May event

That leak was fake. The person who leaked it deleted everything from their page and turned their account into one that was trolling Mappa.
Jan 31, 2023 6:19 AM
Oct 2019
MadanielFL said:
Otakupervert890 said:

I’m sure all the people who pirated the show aren’t helping either.

only thing piracy hurt it's royalties since it come from an open source. also as an example got was the highest pirated show didn't stop them. chainsaw man wasn't kicking in Japan because the direction they took didn't please the locals. after that it's just causation where it hurt them it's since it's made without a committee the risk is not split so depending how much Mappa put in with the marketing and all it's definitely a net loss for them.
Jan 31, 2023 6:22 AM

Jan 2009
i wonder if other anime studio will not take the risk that mappa did here where it has no production committee

production committee system lives
Jan 31, 2023 6:42 AM
Jun 2022
In addition to physical copy sales, Mappa also generates revenue from streaming rights, merchandise sales, and licensing. While a few years ago, Blu-ray sales were a major factor in determining whether an anime series would get a sequel, the international market for anime has grown in recent years and streaming services often pay significant amounts to studios for the rights to stream anime series.

literally copied it from a site can't type it
Jan 31, 2023 6:44 AM

Jan 2009
omegaxxx said:
In addition to physical copy sales, Mappa also generates revenue from streaming rights, merchandise sales, and licensing. While a few years ago, Blu-ray sales were a major factor in determining whether an anime series would get a sequel, the international market for anime has grown in recent years and streaming services often pay significant amounts to studios for the rights to stream anime series.

the problem is the too damn high expectations some fans even think it will overtake demon slayer in profit but it cannot even do that on disc sales
Jan 31, 2023 6:47 AM
Spoopy69 said:
Fluffygreygrass said:
lmaoo lycoris recoil bd sales were like 30k in first week

yep lycoris got more sales than demon slayer, spy x family, etc... does this mean it's more popular? definetely not. demon slayer is pretty much the biggest franchise in japan, shows with moe characters tend to sell a lot of blu ray because otaku's buy them. But shows like demon slayer make more money on things like merch and streaming. Even tho lycoris beat demon slayer in blu ray sales, demon slayer earned a LOOOOT more money, so comparing blu-ray sales is pretty dumb.

lmfao keep coping hard
i didnt even bring up demon slayer or the topic of popularity lmao
Jan 31, 2023 6:50 AM
Apr 2022
Eurycoma said:
DeFa- said:

Though I can't imagine shuisha is happy since anime is a means for promoting manga and this isn't doing it's job. For something that had double the sales jjk had before an anime and only getting a 3-5 mill boost is horrible. I know the remake petition that went around and how stupid it was but realistically I wonder if shuisha would fund a remake with a different studio since they didn't invest anything for this first season. Probably not and just stupid ideas by me anyways.

Starting from PV reveal by Mappa to anime finish airing it get 20M manga boost. Shueisha already got huge manga boost from that.

MAPPA invest 100% in CSM anime and no production committee. So csm anime will not moved to other studio since Mappa own it.

There are plenty of anime that see an increase in manga sales that don’t get second seasons. They don’t take the manga sales and pay the animators lmfao
Jan 31, 2023 6:52 AM
Apr 2022
TsukuyomiREKT said:
I really don't understand why Japanese people hated this adaptation so much. Like it makes no sense to me.

There’s plenty to hate, but the bottom line is what is selling right now in Japan is moe action like Lyco Reco and Gundam Witch from Mercury. Chainsaw Man is just too grim and takes itself too seriously, for no reason because the writing isn’t that deep to begin with lol.
Jan 31, 2023 7:52 AM
Jan 2016
V1P3R0P said:
I think these numbers are only Japanese sales. It is well known that CSM is not very popular in Japan compared to the rest of the world. So probably MAPPA has been aiming for overseas sales fhan home since the beginning.

what it is insanely popular in japan, posters everywhere
Jan 31, 2023 7:54 AM

Jan 2009
Ctes said:
V1P3R0P said:
I think these numbers are only Japanese sales. It is well known that CSM is not very popular in Japan compared to the rest of the world. So probably MAPPA has been aiming for overseas sales fhan home since the beginning.

thats aggressive marketing more though and that cost a lot too
Jan 31, 2023 7:56 AM

Mar 2021
Ctes said:
V1P3R0P said:

Thats what you call advertising. Japanese people even started a petition to remake the Chainsaw man because they hated this adaptation.
Jan 31, 2023 7:56 AM
Jan 2016
deg said:
Ctes said:

sure but saying its unpopular and not doing well is just flat out wrong, blu ray sales are always differing from show to show, a show like bocchi needs more blu ray sales therefore does more to sell them, csm doesn need those sales.
Jan 31, 2023 7:59 AM

Jun 2016
One the one hand I don't like shit failing but on the other, it's nice to know that I wasn't crazy in thinking that something seemed off about this show and many more probably felt this way.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jan 31, 2023 8:01 AM

Jan 2009
Ctes said:
deg said:

sure but saying its unpopular and not doing well is just flat out wrong, blu ray sales are always differing from show to show, a show like bocchi needs more blu ray sales therefore does more to sell them, csm doesn need those sales.

more like fans have too much expectations like it will beat demon slayer or at least jjk in profit but it will not happen if it cannot beat those on disc sales alone
Jan 31, 2023 9:42 AM

Feb 2014
omegaxxx said:

Exactly. BDs are not that big of a factor anymore. Streaming is the big indicator of success and CSM was the top in streaming. Some people are overreacting to this news.
Jan 31, 2023 10:08 AM

Nov 2020
Japanese aren't braindead as to like CSM. Stupid marvel fans and western culture enjoyers are.
Show is aimed toward younger audience despite being R rated. Only kids like watching this shit. Of course there is gonna be no sales when all the fans are "brokies".
Jan 31, 2023 10:23 AM
Dec 2017
its going to go up soon enough just be patient

Jan 31, 2023 10:24 AM
作画

Nov 2019
deg said:
not really, it's the fact that they're trying to make it dark and "deep" failing miserably the reason behind this spectacular flop, this adaptation is not what chainsaw man is supposed to be
Jan 31, 2023 10:37 AM

Jan 2021
Za_Panda said:
Japanese fans - How can I like this ? It has no moe, no colourful sakuga, no hype only good plot. How is this any better than the 200th isekai show i am gonna watch ?

What do you mean? A lot of people liked the sakuga in Chainsaw Man, and it is the other way around Chainsaw Man is pure hype bad plot.
Jan 31, 2023 10:42 AM
Nov 2020
Everybody Laughed
"I can't trust a website where csm is rated higher than hxh"
- Akira Toriyama

Jan 31, 2023 11:06 AM

Jan 2015
Funniest shit that has happened in 2023 so far. How will people cope about it lmao
Jan 31, 2023 11:51 AM

Aug 2019
To be getting outsold by the likes of Bocchi by almost a factor of 10:1 isn't great.  Clearly, it hasn't taken off in Japan as MAPPA might have hoped.   Fortunately, it's retained a strong fanbase outside of Japan.

JJK sold about 35k copies, KnY sold 40k+ copies and Attack on Titan sold 56k for it's first volume.

Streaming's become a lot more pertinent nowadays so BD-DVD sales aren't the be all and end all, but this is still a poor return when compared to other, less well-known series.

Jan 31, 2023 12:57 PM
Oct 2019
I CAN FINALLY SAY I HATED THE CG WITHOUT GETTING JUMPED!
Jan 31, 2023 12:58 PM
Oct 2019
YGuco18 said:

“Of all time” get above OPM S1 first lmao
Jan 31, 2023 1:03 PM

Jan 2019
deg said:
Japan loves shows like Re:Zero while most of the west hates it (excluding Reddit, and MAL)

I don't think CSM is loved by either people, CSM has high views like every new shounen.

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
Jan 31, 2023 1:44 PM
Jan 2016
V1P3R0P said:
Ctes said:

Thats what you call advertising. Japanese people even started a petition to remake the Chainsaw man because they hated this adaptation.

yes there will always be people complaining especially when its that popular but its a very small amount of people.

if it wasnt popular already there would be no point i advertising and spending that much money, just as we dont se as much eva stuff in the rest of the world.
Jan 31, 2023 1:45 PM
Jan 2016
deg said:
Ctes said:

more like fans have too much expectations like it will beat demon slayer or at least jjk in profit but it will not happen if it cannot beat those on disc sales alone

blu ray again means nothing, yes i absolutely believe it will beat jjk its the most popular anime at this moment.

wont beat demon slayer i agree on that.
Jan 31, 2023 1:51 PM
Jan 2016
deg said:
Ctes said:

show me anything from streaming and tv views, thats something worth discussing and believing in, it will constant top 3, spy family is insanely popular in japan so it light be up there on nr 1
Jan 31, 2023 2:06 PM

Mar 2014
told you the anime is dog shit.
now csm fans can go cry to their favorite anime director of csm
Jan 31, 2023 2:37 PM

Aug 2007
I have watched hundreds of shows that are unlike this one. I still gave this a 7. But it needs to be said that what it was trying to do was just not engaging for the majority of anime fans. The Makima scenes were the most unbearable because they kept panning to different parts of her face and body while she's talking for no reason. Aki cooking scene was fine but it still felt like "look at our budget". Just all around a joke. 
Jan 31, 2023 2:42 PM

Sep 2020
Chainsaw man fans acting like it didn't sell well due to anime fans only liking generic stuff despite chainsaw man being incredibly fucking generic.
Jan 31, 2023 3:05 PM
Apr 2022
Karma1100 said:
I CAN FINALLY SAY I HATED THE CG WITHOUT GETTING JUMPED!

Real ones have been saying that since episode one! It’s obvious it was bad, people were always coping about how either “it is impossible to animate chainsaw” or “you just hate CGI” which…yes, I do hate cgi lol, since when does having standards mean your opinion should be valued less?
Jan 31, 2023 3:07 PM
Apr 2022
Okeanix said:
deg said:
Japan loves shows like Re:Zero while most of the west hates it (excluding Reddit, and MAL)

I don't think CSM is loved by either people, CSM has high views like every new shounen.

To me, people just watched it because it was super hyped and part of their streaming service. If you compared this to say Bocchi, it’s obvious people were one and done with CM, meanwhile Bocchi’s BDs were selling like Starbucks.
Jan 31, 2023 4:36 PM

Dec 2022
It's mostly due to the fact there's no such things as gag moments/scenes faces and things, then the cinematic directing, then the VAs which is kinda stupid imo. But then again i don't really think it matters with the blu-ray sales and all.

Jan 31, 2023 4:43 PM

Dec 2022
nwssx said:
MugiwaraJopa said:
Fucking Japanese with their braindead takes yet again

A director has a unique vision? NAH NANI BUT WHERE ARE MY FLASHY COLORFUL FIGHTS???? I WANT MY INDUSTRY STANDARD PRODUCED TROPE-FILLED SHONEN WAHHHHHHHHHHHH

No wonder they hate the anime when they eat up shows like Demon Slayer/MHA like hotcakes. I wonder what those shows have from what I said above.

In my eyes they have no credibility.

you sure are coping a lot fam. Chainsaw Man was a complete failure thanks to Nakayama's cringey interpretation and horrendous direction, imagine letting a guy that quite literally hates anime direct a project this big, it was BOUND to end up in failure.
Huh, so you also would disrespect a director like that without respecting while he didn't do a good job at directing? so ig perfection exists for delusional people.
Criticism is fine as long as it doesn't lead to certain bad aspects yk.
Perfection doesn't exist end take.

Jan 31, 2023 4:43 PM

Mar 2021
Basically Black Adam all over again. Huge hype that leads to massive flop. Japanese men are also beta af so they will let the journalists trash male mc shows in favor of all female shows like lycoris, bocchi, love live.
Welcome to the dark ages of anime. Chances that season 2 of CSM being as of same quality as s1 are dicey now. CSM fans are probably too young to buy those expensive makima and power figures.
Jan 31, 2023 5:28 PM

Sep 2008
I love csm.
mappa sucks, the director was an asshat, heavily altered it to fit his idea even if it meant removing the appeal.
THEN he had the nerve to say it's because fujimoto likes movies, so he's not to blame for his own actions.
I'm not surprised that people didn't eat it up, but that number is pathetic. I hope mappa learned their lesson, but something tells me they don't care.
I want a better season2 with a competent director and a good studio, but I feel we won't get s2.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Jan 31, 2023 6:17 PM

Mar 2021
Decader said:
V1P3R0P said:

Japan has the most Anime Blu Ray and DVD sales in the world. If a series doesn't sell very well there then it is doomed.

Depends if it is a new series or a pre existing franchise. If it is a new series, probably screwed. But if the show is like on its fourth cour and has a bunch of goods especially scaled figures and a game, then bd is somewhat irrelevant
Jan 31, 2023 7:14 PM

Nov 2007
SanessyAdversary said:

Huh, so you also would disrespect a director like that without respecting while he didn't do a good job at directing? so ig perfection exists for delusional people.
Criticism is fine as long as it doesn't lead to certain bad aspects yk.
Perfection doesn't exist end take.
STFU! ive read Fire punch and chainsawman before the freaking anime, and I didn't enjoyed the adaptation one bit. The director sure likes to go "realism and cinematic" but he avoided making use of "anime" medium to go all out! FFS! its anime go bonkers! instead we get a middling adaptation thats try to be TO DEEP and cinematic that it ends up fucking FLAT!

K-k-kINO?! right CHAINSAW KEKS!
Jan 31, 2023 7:42 PM
Nov 2020
WhorneyGirl said:
Japanese aren't braindead as to like CSM. Stupid marvel fans and western culture enjoyers are.
Show is aimed toward younger audience despite being R rated. Only kids like watching this shit. Of course there is gonna be no sales when all the fans are "brokies".
I'm not even a chensoapologist but holy shit you sound so much like an unironic weeaboo. "japan this" "western that" oh la la .
akiramado19Jan 31, 2023 7:45 PM
"I can't trust a website where csm is rated higher than hxh"
- Akira Toriyama

Jan 31, 2023 7:55 PM

May 2018
StaleNut said:
That's so bad wtf...Bocchi with 16k in its first week. It even got outnumbered by some isekai...
Midsawman vs Bocchi the Peak
Jan 31, 2023 8:02 PM

Nov 2007
akiramado19 said:
WhorneyGirl said:
I'm not even a chensoapologist but holy shit you sound so much like an unironic weeaboo. "japan this" "western that" oh la la .
hey at least ill never be beta westoid kuck
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

995 by LuffyHammock94 »»
Yesterday, 11:17 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 6, 2022

583 by LuffyHammock94 »»
Yesterday, 11:14 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 29, 2022

1018 by LuffyHammock94 »»
Yesterday, 11:13 AM

» Manga art is bad ( 1 2 )

jooohnny_j - Nov 25, 2022

69 by 876_him »»
Yesterday, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 20, 2022

390 by jojoham »»
Jun 17, 8:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.