Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
ONIMAI: I'm Now Your Sister!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 13, 2023 8:07 AM

May 2019
I can't believe it that I actually really enjoy the show a lot especially watching Mahiro's interaction with her sister discussing about embracing new llifestyle as a girl. The overall direction, vibe and artstyle of the show is pretty neat. The bath scene is quite tame for its premise to keep it wholesome is always appreciated. I chuckled alot with Mahiro's reaction from his discussion about gender expectations and his first period lol. Interested to see the side characters being introduced and more Mahiro's encounter for being a girl.
VivaceRexJan 13, 2023 8:18 AM

Jan 13, 2023 8:09 AM
May 2018
Boring. Stereotype
Jan 13, 2023 9:04 AM
Feb 2021
TasoM said:
Oh my god, she is playing guilty gear strive. Poggers. And playing as bridget lol, trap(not really) playing as trap character :D

I came here to see if anybody caught it too. Nice.
Jan 13, 2023 9:08 AM

Jul 2015
LostSpectre said:
@StopShot I really don't agree with the notion that if you're comfortable with your sex/gender that you would automatically be miserable if you somehow ended up in this situation. I feel like people with more conservative viewpoints on gender roles, higher levels of sexism and homophobia, etc. would be the people immediately freaking out, even if they knew the change was just temporary. Like, if I knew it wasn't permanent I think I could manage easy enough, but I wouldn't act super feminine for no reason, I'd get a haircut and dress low key. The biggest obstacle would obviously be in terms of anatomy, that would be a mindfuck, but I wouldn't be overly insecure about having sex as a female, etc. 
The thing is, Mahiro WAS miserable as a NEET, so you could even turn him into a dog and he wouldn't complain (too much), because alternative of him returning to NEET ways is just worse. At that time he was at the very bottom. I can tell you from personal experience, that as a recovered NEET with 2 years experience, being in such situation is completely different what is usually portrayed. Those people are completely aware of being a failure, being a burden on society and family, have non existent self-esteem and motivation, which makes it harder for them to pull themselves up and even are anxious, that their parent will walk in any moment and kick them out of the house, amongst other things. It is NOT sunshine and rainbows and completely strips mental health. This is the situation Mahiro was in, so when his sister offered him something that looks like a fresh start, he obliged.
I'm positive, that if Mahiro was a productive member of society, his reaction would be vastly different and most people seem to agree that her methods of helping her brother (if that even is her goal), are nothing short of messed up.
Anyway, if it turns out, that Mihari is exploiting Mahiro's mental state for her experiments and amusement, then foreshadowing is there, because even in this episode she was seemingly manipulating him into not reclaiming his masculinity.

@ StopShot 
There's no need to write a wall of text just to say, that some people project themselves on him.
Just like I can do the same with how Mahiro perfectly represent how male mental health is not being taken seriously and played for laughs.

Jan 13, 2023 10:30 AM

Feb 2017
I'd like this series a lot better if the main character turning into a girl was treated as a predicament he had to get out of rather than it just being treated as the way things are now, as it stands I just find it mildly uncomfortable and directionless. (though to be fair i don't know if this is a point of relevance later on as the series is only two episodes so far)
I don't mind cunny anime but this particular show is probably just not one for me 🙂
Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill.
Jan 13, 2023 11:16 AM
Jul 2018
That photo shoot was so cute and trying the different hairstyles since in his past body didn't have to really worry about that. But Mihari trying to give him red rice after the toilet was hilarious.
Jan 13, 2023 11:45 AM

Jul 2015
The way they make you think a cheesy anime trope is about to occur only to thwart expectations and act realistically gets me cracking up so much, its just well done. Ok yea I have begun to unironically enjoy this show.
Have a healthy, happy, day of hilarity!

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

Jan 13, 2023 11:48 AM

Jan 2013
young_kappa said:
I'd like this series a lot better if the main character turning into a girl was treated as a predicament he had to get out of rather than it just being treated as the way things are now, as it stands I just find it mildly uncomfortable and directionless. (though to be fair i don't know if this is a point of relevance later on as the series is only two episodes so far)
I don't mind cunny anime but this particular show is probably just not one for me 🙂
The direction is him learning to cope with living as a girl, there's nothing Mahiro can conceivably do to get out of this, but it (supposedly) isn't permanent. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jan 13, 2023 11:50 AM
Nov 2010
Flint_26 said:
TasoM said:
Oh my god, she is playing guilty gear strive. Poggers. And playing as bridget lol, trap(not really) playing as trap character :D

I came here to see if anybody caught it too. Nice.
playing against*
Jan 13, 2023 11:54 AM
Jul 2021
My first gender bend anime and I absolutely love it and it’s the first time I actually enjoy an anime with a “female” mc I also love how he’s slowly turning into a real girl and how he’s experiencing hardships like real girl
Jan 13, 2023 11:56 AM
Jul 2021
Softhenic03 said:
Bro what?? They really went there.. periods and stuff. I thought I'll stick around but not even a minute anymore.

Keep it fun and simple. It's not really difficult.

Ain’t no way you’re upset over periods
Jan 13, 2023 12:18 PM

May 2021
LostSpectre said:
young_kappa said:
The direction is him learning to cope with living as a girl, there's nothing Mahiro can conceivably do to get out of this, but it (supposedly) isn't permanent. 
A bit of a spoiler but you'd be correct that the drug Mihari gave Mahiro isn't permanent, (as seen in later chapters of the manga), though so far it's not stated how long the drug lasts, but there are ways for it to wear off sooner, so I'd say read some of the manga if you're wondering, as I don't like to & I don't want to spoil anything.
Jan 13, 2023 12:26 PM

Jan 2013
VampireLord1024 said:
LostSpectre said:
A bit of a spoiler but you'd be correct that the drug Mihari gave Mahiro isn't permanent, (as seen in later chapters of the manga), though so far it's not stated how long the drug lasts, but there are ways for it to wear off sooner, so I'd say read some of the manga if you're wondering, as I don't like to & I don't want to spoil anything.
I assume the sister could fix it somehow, but Mahiro has no way of dealing with any of it on their own, so I'm just pointing out there's nothing they can really do to get out of the situation, aside from trying to force the sister to fix it, but then that isn't really the point of the series. I did check out some of the manga, I was surprised to see just how different Mahiro looks in the manga, they really went full lolicon on the adaptation if you ask me. I'm still not sold on the series yet, but I'll wait and see if the 3rd episode hooks me in. 
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Jan 13, 2023 1:14 PM
Oct 2022
uuuh did anyone else notice the amongus eggs for breakfast or am I far gone
Jan 13, 2023 5:09 PM
Oct 2020
Ok so he isn't just a guy but no dick but he's really really a girl now. This means he has the ability to get pregnant right?
Jan 13, 2023 5:59 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh damn so he can even have period this potion is really doing everything, experiencing it is sure something he didn't expect in his life xD
Jan 13, 2023 6:29 PM

Apr 2018
It's possible tbh
I don't know how true this is since Mihari is supposed to have taken action in case of side effects, but if Mahiro was able to get her first period...

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
Jan 13, 2023 7:31 PM

Feb 2021
My man Mahiro is struggling lmao and he's turning more feminine everyday. Physically and Mentally. The photo shoot wa salso pretty cute. My favourite being te twin tails and pony tail:D

That period though... oof
Jan 13, 2023 7:41 PM

Sep 2022
Damn Mahiro is soooooo cute in this episode and I am soooooo satisfied with the plot arrangement. Great job Studio Bind staff!
As a person who has finished all up-till-now available manga chapters, I am glad to see that the anime version picked up the most dramatic plots to put on screen, hope the following eps be of the same high quality as the first two.
Btw, Mahiro nyancat version the eyecatch (transition scenes) are awesomely cuuuuuutttteeeee so I made it looping over and over again lol.
Ending card drawn by Yoneyama Mai is superultra kawaii and I can't wait to set it as my wallpaper :P
𝓐 𝓰𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽 𝓯𝓪𝓷 𝓸𝓯 𝓢𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓛𝓲𝓯𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮!
Jan 13, 2023 8:26 PM

Sep 2010
josi_fergi said:
Well I hope it's a translation issue. From the way it's filmed and the her facial expressions it came off as she did this for perverted reasons not from I care. She kept putting my dude in compromising situations. And well the dude so down bad he starts enjoying being a girl. (he starts enjoying being a girl due to the amount of stimuli as well as the fact he has a life now) Now it's based on you see this you can say it's a good thing because he's better now but to me it's not good because we now have a guy who (potentially) believe that being a girl is better for him which I disagree with and this being an all girl show cements that idea. (I disagree because him being a girl is fake he should be doing all these things himself again this is subjective because you could believe that girl him is still male him.) how does quotes work anyways hope I did it right this time. Hehe.
I consider the apparent lack of a plan for Mahiro's re-entry into society as a man to be a shortcoming of Mihari's rehab plan for her brother. (I've read about 20 chapters into the manga and haven't seen a plan.) Also, the more friendships he builds as a girl with other characters, the more complicated it becomes for him to return as a man.
While he could theoretically live out the rest of his life as the girl he's been transformed into, I wouldn't consider that "rehab", and I'd associate it more with the sorts of people that live under a new identity to escape from debts, obligations or dangers from their previous life.
At least ReLIFE always had a long term plan for the protagonist to return to their life as an adult, instead of just continuing from where they entered as a high school student.
Jan 13, 2023 9:48 PM

Jul 2021
well well this is the kind of content i want to see in animes these days.

i wonder where their parents are.

and i also wonder what kind of brain activity made miharu think that changing his gender would help him become better. i get the "fresh start" thing but if she really wanted to help him she could have turned him into a little boy and i think that would have been even more beneficial.

also it's surprising how in an anime like this the girls aren't even one bit cute.

at the start of the episode i was wishing they would go the lesbain incest route but then they showed how they acted as siblings earlier i suddenly started wishing they would show a more wholesome sibling relationship between them. that would probably be for the best.

now all that's left is for oniichan to get pregnant and we can finnally get the answer to which one hurts more, getting kicked in the balls or labor. really though i wonder what would happen if he (she) gets pregnant. he's (she's) getting periods and all so that must mean she can. i hope they go that route. that would be pretty wild.
TsutanaiFuunJan 13, 2023 9:53 PM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jan 13, 2023 9:50 PM
Jun 2022
nice episode with smooth and fluid animation. 10/10
Jan 13, 2023 10:04 PM

Feb 2016
I cannot believe ArcSys is involved in such a degenerate anime lmao
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.

Jan 14, 2023 1:18 AM
Oct 2018
WoSen said:
I begin to hate this "because you are physically a girl you cannot behave like a man anymore". "You must turn into a beautiful flower and you can't be attracted to girls". This feels overall like a bad lesson to men and women alike.

Bro even though his body is that of a female, he is still attracted to girl, which will be relevant in the later episodes.
Jan 14, 2023 3:34 AM

Sep 2022
never knew guilty gear would show up.
Jan 14, 2023 7:46 AM

Aug 2022
The animation is just so amazing.
Jan 14, 2023 8:55 AM

Mar 2008
KanameYuuki said:
I have nothing but respect for all the girls having to deal with periods month after month, all the pains, moods, etc. I can't even imagine.

While I do agree in sense it’s like having a chronic condition, I some time ago found the mood swing part isn’t really well scientifically supported to degree its made out to be. Basically it’s thought to be a cultural phenomenon and psychosomatic aside from grumpiness from being in pain. It’s used by guys and girls alike to downplay girls feelings but also used by girls to freely express their feelings without as much scrutiny. To be clear a woman is leading these studies
https://einsteinlab.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/7-Mood-and-the-menstrual-cycle.pdf
http://einsteinlab.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Mood-and-the-Menstrual-Cycle-Psychotherapy-and-Psychosomatics.pdf
Jan 14, 2023 10:00 AM
Oct 2019
Damn i was prepared for degenerate stuff but this is Wholesome AF.

Also i like a few shot with wide angle camera, that was nice.
Jan 14, 2023 11:26 AM

Oct 2008
nee-chan telling to you not to freak-out...then proceeds to hysterically FREAK-OUT!!! oh my! HAHAHAH LOLZ
5/5.

Jan 14, 2023 2:33 PM

Apr 2012
This is such an anime anime. By being outwardly a fetishistic comedy, it obtains almost total creative freedom in the storytelling department. Could easily be seriously the best thing this season.
Jan 14, 2023 3:04 PM

Jul 2017
Hah, Mahiro back to his her standing being an otaku and playing Guilty Gear, that's the life of a NEET.

Mahiro is already having a sex crisis about entering into the world of women, starting with the public baths. And Mihari has to teach her about maintaining things like long hair, before getting into the tub, which brings up memories about sibling time in the baths. Caling Mahiru "Onee-chan" really is a death flag for more girly treatment lols.

Mahiro trying to tie her hair into braids, and the small experiment into different hair designs is a feat for Mahiru's records. But wanting to be masculine, Mahiro somehow finds ways to be, but with her executions all flailing, only for her body to rupture into periods, which Mahiro is experiencing mood swings and tummy aches. Now she knows what her own sister is going through, it's a thought that needs tact.
Jan 14, 2023 5:10 PM
Mar 2016
god tier episode, bind was the best choice for this show, they know how to do both funny and series very well it seems.
Jan 14, 2023 7:39 PM

Jul 2019
Better than the first. It had less fan-service (despite the bath house setting) which I am more than happy for. I think it dragged a bit compared to the manga when it came to the period and I think the setup was done better in the manga. But hey whatever the manga exists still I can read that if I really care enough.
Jan 15, 2023 1:53 AM
Jan 2023
This is the best anime/manga i've ever watched/readed.
Jan 15, 2023 4:26 AM

Feb 2011
the animation in this show is so fluid, it's gorgeous.

The sisters interactions are great, and funny most of the time. When Mihari was called Onee chan and she sparkled i lost it

Mahiro trying out different hair styles was adorable af

solid episode. My "awkward but glorious" anime of the season for sure.

Jan 15, 2023 6:10 AM

Nov 2013
lmao cold water, i mean, i can take cold showers if needed, but bath? no ty haha

forcing a neet outside of home for a bath, ouch lmao at least he already went outside last episode, so it's not so bad
calling him onii-chan in public is not a good idea ... also it's night, it's dangerous outside :v

guess we can only have loli fanservice in this anime, since there's only old woman in the bath lols

HAHAHAHA i guess sister finally noticed that her older brother is looking at her, look at her hiding
is it me or the uncensored version has more censor than it should? :v

onii-chan was enjoying the hair wash at first, but... 5 minutes is indeed too much, girls have it tough huh?

7.15 - always fun to watch people in anime drink stuff lol

sister was cute when they were younger

8.05 - i've been using a gif of a girl from Lycoris do that, making sounds with a fan wind, it's funny and it fits into chat when i'm trolling haha

oh no, that onee-chan will give her diabetes haha

the hair band thing is very useful indeed 😄
did he actually start braiding his hair out of nowhere? how cute LOL
ofc sister came at that time and got some pictures, can't miss this chance 😄

as someone who has fun taking screenshots of anime hairstyles, this part is nice 😄
we even got a neko pose, kawaii

indeed, sister keeps talking about girly clothes and stuff, her turn to dress girly, let's go 😄
LOL she dressed cutely, but he was too busy with his game, she got annoyed haha

oh that cat dress reminds me of Illyasviel 😮 (13.50) - also... onimyai 😄

HAHAHA trying to get back his masculinity, he tried to carry the sister, just to drop her and make her hit her head, i can't LOL
that sumo wrestling part... wow
he can't even do a sit up

wonder what happened there, i almost thought he was gonna have a girl monthly thing
and ... it seems i might be right lol

what happened to the "try to not freak out?" he freaked out haha

LOL "if i knew i was gonna die today i would have finished that game sooner, Mihari, it's up to you now" ... dude hahahahaha she even facepalmed

ah yes, let's compare the foreign object that man have, to the thing girls use during their bad time

"i didn't know you had this every month, without complaining" , my thoughts exactly lol
and after such a good sentence, he had to go with the "tell me when it happens" and make her mad haha

wow finally over, this took almost an hour with all the prints and comments lol
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Jan 15, 2023 6:21 AM

Nov 2013
Softhenic03 said:
Bro what?? They really went there.. periods and stuff. I thought I'll stick around but not even a minute anymore.

lol i still remember reading multiple forum posts by random people talking about "why is there so many anime about girl life but none talks about periods, it's the most normal thing for girls" and now that we have this, i see tons of people complaining :D
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Jan 15, 2023 11:58 AM
May 2020
The episode has been very good. In this episode the theme of menstruation has been shown (a subject that very few animes have touched on).
The protagonist has experienced on his skin the pain and discomfort that is experienced at that moment, and it seems to me a good topic to talk about, and above all, to show what is suffered in those moments to have greater empathy. I am also grateful that in the bathroom scene there has not been the moment of incest typical of certain works

I'm looking forward to seeing what other topics will be touched

Jan 15, 2023 1:50 PM

May 2021
winddevil1 said:
Softhenic03 said:

lol i still remember reading multiple forum posts by random people talking about "why is there so many anime about girl life but none talks about periods, it's the most normal thing for girls" and now that we have this, i see tons of people complaining :D
They talk about it in Please tell me! Galko-chan.
Jan 15, 2023 5:48 PM

Aug 2020
I'm still trying to figure how should I feel about OniMai. It has some funny and catchy moments, but also VERY weird ones.

By now, I'm going to accept it as a wacky title for the sake of it.

Jan 15, 2023 5:50 PM

Aug 2020
Now they are starting to understand one another. A bath and some playing together can do miracles...

Jan 16, 2023 12:17 AM
May 2022
Mahiro is so cute and funny
His sister too
Jan 16, 2023 5:13 AM

Aug 2020
ADHAiiN7 said:
Softhenic03 said:

The entire show is about a guy learning to live as a girl, and you didn't expect this?

what's not fun about menstruation?
Jan 16, 2023 12:56 PM

Apr 2014
Every season
we could make a similar anime. It gives me such a good mood so far. Besides, I watch it again many times.
Jan 17, 2023 8:29 AM
Jan 2021
this is actually very wholesome
Jan 17, 2023 12:46 PM

Feb 2022
yet another anime where parents literally just don't exist, like in yuru yuri.
it's a nice, lighthearted show i enjoy it 
                                                    slice of life anime, my precious.

2D>>>>>>
Jan 18, 2023 2:53 AM

Apr 2019
Sento but not what Mahiro was expecting lol, Mahiro getting a period XD
Jan 18, 2023 4:33 AM
Apr 2022
Im loving every episode!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 18, 2023 2:00 PM
Aug 2022
Imoutos are Laifu!
Jan 18, 2023 2:39 PM

Apr 2017
Maybe it’s just me but I really dislike the raspiness of Mahiro’s voice. This episode felt like filler.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Oniichan wa Oshimai! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Dec 24, 2022

332 by Tsukasa_Rio »»
Sep 23, 8:26 AM

» I got a question.

KhoaVN - Aug 29

14 by Potatohead1121 »»
Aug 30, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Oniichan wa Oshimai! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2023

173 by altdelkk »»
Aug 13, 8:19 PM

Poll: » Oniichan wa Oshimai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2023

251 by Fiorno »»
Jul 30, 8:55 PM

Poll: » Oniichan wa Oshimai! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2023

109 by KotoneGin »»
Jul 27, 8:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.