Forum Settings
Forums

WOWOW, Sony Pictures, Crunchyroll Produce 'Bye Bye, Earth' Anime Adaptation

New
Nov 16, 2022 6:50 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Satellite television station WOWOW announced an anime adaptation of Tow Ubukata's Bye-Bye, Earth novel on Thursday. The anime is being co-produced by WOWOW, Sony Pictures, and Crunchyroll, and it is the first project from their collaboration.

Through this partnership, the companies will pool their resources and expertise to plan, develop, and produce appealing anime series for audiences in Japan and around the world. In addition to broadcasting and distributing on WOWOW, the cooperative plans to expand internationally to more than 200 countries and regions, primarily in North America, Europe, and Asia, and to collaborate with Sony Pictures and Crunchyroll to create movies, games, and merchandise.

Ubukata penned the fantasy adventure novel into two volumes published by Kadokawa Shoten in December 2000, featuring illustrations by Yoshitaka Amano (Vampire Hunter D). A four volumes edition published by Kadokawa Bunko released from September 2007 to February 2008, with illustrations by Kim Hyung-tae (Blade & Soul).

A manga adaptation by Ryuu Asahi serialized in Young King OURs magazine from January 2020 to this July 29. Shonen Gahosha shipped the fourth and final volume on September 30.

Source: PR Times

Bye-Bye, Earth on MAL
DatRandomDudeNov 16, 2022 7:41 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 16, 2022 6:52 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
ah yes Soyny and Crunchyroll..

... every anime fans favorite tag team....
Nov 16, 2022 7:28 PM
Dec 2017
that can't be good at all sony and crunchyroll together.

Nov 16, 2022 7:28 PM
Jan 2021
Sony owner of aniplex, the producer of eromanga sensei
Nov 16, 2022 7:39 PM

Feb 2021
So a light novel from 2007 is getting an adaptation co-produced by WOWOW, Sony Pictures, and Crunchyroll, interesting...

EcchiGodMamster said:

I mean that's kinda ironic coming from someone who has anime produced by Sony in their favs lol

Crow_Black said:

Well they already have worked together before, and that was in 2016 with Kiznaiver.
I also assume the new Solo Leveling anime will be a co-production between the two.
Nov 16, 2022 9:23 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
MadanielFL said:
So a light novel from 2007 is getting an adaptation co-produced by WOWOW, Sony Pictures, and Crunchyroll, interesting...

EcchiGodMamster said:

I mean that's kinda ironic coming from someone who has anime produced by Sony in their favs lol

Crow_Black said:

Well they already have worked together before, and that was in 2016 with Kiznaiver.
I also assume the new Solo Leveling anime will be a co-production between the two.

which ones? and are they pre-woke era sony?
Nov 16, 2022 9:42 PM

Jul 2015
Crunchyroll finally putting use to money they been given?

Nov 16, 2022 9:45 PM

Feb 2021
EcchiGodMamster said:
MadanielFL said:

Sekirei, Monogatari series, and Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs were all produced by Sony/Aniplex.

Idk what "pre-woke era sony" means but I also see that you liked My-Dress Up Darling , Lycoris Recoil, and SAO, three shows that were made by Sony studios.
Nov 16, 2022 9:46 PM

Feb 2021
Piromysl said:
Crunchyroll finally putting use to money they been given?
They've been doing that pretty much every season since 2016 tbh
Nov 16, 2022 11:50 PM
Nov 2022
Sony and Crunchyroll together can do good work...
Nov 17, 2022 12:34 AM

Jan 2009
i wonder which studio will do it i hope its CloverWorks
Nov 17, 2022 12:50 AM

Apr 2016
EcchiGodMamster said:

+CGI, the strongest memeber of the team.
Nov 17, 2022 1:43 AM
Apr 2022
deg said:
90% I.G/WIT/SignalMD
Nov 17, 2022 2:55 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
MadanielFL said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

Sekirei, Monogatari series, and Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs were all produced by Sony/Aniplex.

Idk what "pre-woke era sony" means but I also see that you liked My-Dress Up Darling , Lycoris Recoil, and SAO, three shows that were made by Sony studios.

I KNEW IT lmao...

Sekirei and Monogatari were pre-woke era... far before it too... SAO was pre-woke era too

I'll give you Yuuna-san and Dress Up Darling though

while i do overall think it was really good.. i wasn't that into Recoil .. i really only gave a shit about like 3 characters, one who didnt even get that much screentime lol

anyway, Sony may be less harsh towards anime than it is towards anime games, idrk

Swagernator said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

+CGI, the strongest memeber of the team.

which anime fans always appreciate the most lol
EcchiGodMamsterNov 17, 2022 3:03 AM
Nov 17, 2022 4:26 AM

Jan 2016
lehuy0210 said:
deg said:
90% I.G/WIT/SignalMD
ew please, not signal md,anything but that.

"Get your tentacles off me or ill make calamari out of your manhood" -Mirai Nikki Dub
Nov 17, 2022 4:31 AM
Apr 2022
VivavideoUser2x said:
lehuy0210 said:
90% I.G/WIT/SignalMD
ew please, not signal md,anything but that.
haha novel from 2000 sure only I.G Port want to do but not sure if they give for WIT or not haha
Nov 17, 2022 4:38 AM

Feb 2021
EcchiGodMamster said:

I KNEW IT lmao...

Sekirei and Monogatari were pre-woke era... far before it too... SAO was pre-woke era too

while i do overall think it was really good.. i wasn't that into Recoil .. i really only gave a shit about like 3 characters, one who didnt even get that much screentime lol

anyway, Sony may be less harsh towards anime than it is towards anime games, idrk

Yeah it's almost like Sony isn't woke at all, and they are literally the biggest anime company in the world.

They have also made shows like Eromanga Sensei and produced shows like Idaten Deities, the latter of which contains rape and incest.
Nov 17, 2022 5:08 AM
Jan 2021
Something seems to be missing here
This is Sony Pictures Entertainment Japan, not Sony Pictures Entertainment
Nov 17, 2022 6:32 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I have no idea what this is but it looks promising
Nov 17, 2022 7:08 AM

Oct 2010
out of all good novels out there they chose one written by ubukata tow? the dude's anime works are disasters
Nov 17, 2022 7:32 AM

Sep 2015
Is the novel any decent? I have but little knowledge about his body of work, but I heard that most fans put the blame on him and his writing for the disastrous Psychopass second season.

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Nov 17, 2022 7:40 AM

Nov 2008
daruma4737 said:

Only one problem, Crunchyroll is in this, so expect EX-ARM quality.

Nov 17, 2022 8:31 AM

Feb 2012
Very provocative cover hope this stirs up a huge following.
Nov 17, 2022 8:35 AM
Jan 2021
Hoppy said:
daruma4737 said:

Only one problem, Crunchyroll is in this, so expect EX-ARM quality.

Crunchyroll is also in blue lock, odd taxi, tonikaku and others, ex arm isnt the only anime they financed
Nov 17, 2022 9:39 AM

Aug 2008
By novel you mean an actual novel or light novel? Synopsis and the combination of producers make it look like CR wants its own version of BNA. Can't tell much without knowing the director and the writer for it.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 17, 2022 11:04 AM

Feb 2021
Looks interesting. I think it will be 2 or 3 OVAs.
Nov 17, 2022 12:18 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
MadanielFL said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

I KNEW IT lmao...

Yeah it's almost like Sony isn't woke at all, and they are literally the biggest anime company in the world.

They have also made shows like Eromanga Sensei and produced shows like Idaten Deities, the latter of which contains rape and incest.

like i said.. maybe theyre less harsh towards anime than they are anime games

Nov 17, 2022 12:51 PM
Apr 2015
Catalano said:
out of all good novels out there they chose one written by ubukata tow? the dude's anime works are disasters

Mardock Scramble not bad
Nov 18, 2022 1:40 AM

Jul 2021
I miss read it as bye bye plastic lol
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Nov 18, 2022 1:58 AM

Oct 2017
Pretty interested in this one, always up for more fantasy stuff.
Nov 18, 2022 8:13 PM
May 2019
AnimadoHAHA said:
Sony owner of aniplex, the producer of eromanga sensei

Yes for one of my top favorite series being mentioned!
Nov 18, 2022 8:15 PM
May 2019
MadanielFL said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

I wasn't aware that Sony owned CloverWorks and A1 Pictures?
Nov 18, 2022 8:37 PM

Feb 2021
Yui_Suzumiya69 said:
MadanielFL said:

Well they've always owned it, or more like A-1 and CloverWorks were created by Sony and they employ Sony staff.
Nov 18, 2022 9:31 PM
May 2019
MadanielFL said:
Yui_Suzumiya69 said:

Well they've always owned it, or more like A-1 and CloverWorks were created by Sony and they employ Sony staff.

After a quick check, you are correct, my friend. Sony Music Entertainment of Japan owns A1 Pictures which was created by Aniplex which of course is also owned by Sony over there. CloverWorks is actually an extension of A1 from what I remember so naturally it would also be owned by Sony. No wonder Zero Two's nipples were removed from the anime version of Darling in the Franxx lol. Just as bad as going for an "all ages" version The Grisaia Trilogy on the Switch instead of going straight for the 18+ version on PC, lol. Manga vs. Anime version of Franxx.
Nov 27, 2022 1:24 PM
Feb 2013
i wonder why does the style of the cover look like from hyung tae kim.
Nov 29, 2022 10:35 AM

Jan 2021
Something written by Tow Ubukata? This is going to suck hard, watching it.

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

15 by Andromeda »»
28 minutes ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
60 minutes ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Apr 24, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.