Forum Settings
Forums

'Chainsaw Man' Unveils Cast Members, Third Promo, Fall 2022 Premiere

New
Aug 5, 2022 4:56 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The official website of the Chainsaw Man television anime unveils the cast, additional staff, and the third promotional video on Friday. The anime series adapting Tatsuki Fujimoto's action adventure manga manga will premiere in October 2022.

Cast
Denji: Toya Kikunosuke
Power: Ai Fairouz (JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean)
Makima: Tomori Kusunoki (Wonder Egg Priority)
Aki Hakayama: Shougo Sakata (Fairy Ranmaru: Anata no Kokoro Otasuke Shimasu)

Staff
Costume Design: Aya Yamamoto (Fullmetal Panic! Invisible Victory sub-character design)
CG Director: Kazumasa Yokokawa (Hello World)
Director of Photography: Teppei Itou (Jujutsu Kaisen (TV))
Editing: Masato Yoshitake (Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season)
Sound Director: Kisuke Koizumi (Sabikui Bisco)

Ryuu Nakayama (Jujutsu Kaisen episode director) is helming the series at animation studio MAPPA, with Hiroshi Seko (Dorohedoro) handling the script. Kazutaka Sugiyama (Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu) is designing the characters and Kensuke Ushio (Devilman: Crybaby) is composing the music.

Fujimoto launched the horror action manga in Weekly Shounen Jump in December 2018, after ending Fire Punch in Shounen Jump+ in January that year. The manga concluded its first part in December 2020 and began part 2 with chapter 98 on July 12. Shueisha published the 11th on March 4 last year. Chainsaw Man has a cumulative 13 million copies of its volumes in circulation.

VIZ Media released the first three chapters in English simultaneously with the Japanese release as a part of its Jump Start initiative and subsequently serialized it in their digital Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. The company now simulpublishes the manga on its Shounen Jump platform and shipped the 11th volume on March 4. Shueisha's Manga Plus service also began simulpublishing the manga in English last January.

PV 3

Source: Chainsaw Man Special Livestream
DatRandomDudeAug 5, 2022 5:22 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 5, 2022 5:00 AM

Jul 2021
I don't think this second trailer is pre-animated when I compare Power with her hammer in the first trailer and the second trailer but among the cast, she has a very fitting voice actor, alongside Makima, good god I knew the VA voiced Neiru from Wonder Egg Priority so makes sense with this voice range of hers
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Aug 5, 2022 5:04 AM

Apr 2012
How many episodes do you think it will take before the elites start complaining about this show as overrated and supposedly popular just because of the animation/characters/shonen fans?
Aug 5, 2022 5:07 AM

Apr 2014
Tomoriru makes me so hype about this series.
何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 5, 2022 5:11 AM
Feb 2021
The fact that this is not pre-animated and it look better than the first one😳
AbelDandeSep 9, 2022 10:27 AM
Aug 5, 2022 5:11 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
This looks really promising. So is it still scheduled to air next season?
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Aug 5, 2022 5:12 AM

Jul 2015
They really went for some rookie VA instead of veterans? Wtf

Aug 5, 2022 5:14 AM

Apr 2012
Piromysl said:
They really went for some rookie VA instead of veterans? Wtf

This tactic has been working since ReZero. Promising rookies for main, veterans for bright side characters.
Aug 5, 2022 5:16 AM

Oct 2017
Makima sounds like she's in high school or something.
Aug 5, 2022 5:32 AM

Sep 2019
idk what they were thinking when they chose Makima’s va. It doesn’t sound like her at all. It’s frustrating considering she was the character I was most excited about. Doesn’t make me want to be her dog in any way.

big L
Aug 5, 2022 5:38 AM

May 2021
People hating on makima voice actor, seeing your reaction is entertaining to be very honest as a manga reader
Aug 5, 2022 5:38 AM

Jan 2021
Trailer really raised my expectation for the animation. VAs are questionable tho...

チュブリツァ

Aug 5, 2022 5:45 AM
Aug 2021
AkeZZZ said:
Tomoriru makes me so hype about this series.

I CAN DIE IN PEACE. BYE.
Aug 5, 2022 5:48 AM

Sep 2016
Makima's voice doesn't suit her AT ALL wow.
She sounds too high pitched and soft-spoken, no commanding, dominating, femme fatale vibe at all.
Makima is an adult woman not a high school teenager
What a huge miscast.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Aug 5, 2022 5:53 AM

Jan 2009
people hating on the VA of Makima welp to me its fine at least

im more surprise how that new PV is not pre-animated too because damn that is movie quality in a TV series already so hopefully they can maintain that level of visual and animation quality all through out
Aug 5, 2022 6:01 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
We are getting spoiled so hard this fall lol.....My goodness the art and animation looks perfect
Aug 5, 2022 6:02 AM

Sep 2020
Oh wow, so I'm not the only one who was expecting a different voice for Makima. I imagined her to sound a little colder and more intimidating.

RobertBobert said:
How many episodes do you think it will take before the elites start complaining about this show as overrated and supposedly popular just because of the animation/characters/shonen fans?
I read a few of Fujimoto's stuff before CSM, hyped it up for myself and then ended up disappointed, so yeah. I'll still check out the anime though cuz that's the new shonen anime everyone will be talking about. Looking forward to seeing what Kensuke Ushio has cooked up, I enjoy his work a lot.
Aug 5, 2022 6:56 AM

Oct 2018
not a fan of makima's voice

too innocent and too soft for her
expected to be a cunning deep feminine voice tbh
Aug 5, 2022 6:56 AM

Dec 2020
woah didnt expect rookie vas for the main cast but i like it. people wont do unfunny character association jokes and these new vas will get to shine more. i hope they do well

suuuper hyped !!!
Aug 5, 2022 7:01 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
z00nex said:
idk what they were thinking when they chose Makima’s va. It doesn’t sound like her at all. It’s frustrating considering she was the character I was most excited about. Doesn’t make me want to be her dog in any way.

big L
I didn't know that we could hear voices from manga panels

But the fact that they decided to have her voice be like this only adds to how menacing she actually is....If someone with that kind of voice came up to me, the last thing I'll think is that this is a murderous, villainous bitch lol
Aug 5, 2022 7:03 AM
Nov 2020
The animation and sound are promising. I really liked Denji's voice. I imagined Makima to sound older and Aki to sound younger. Still looking forward to enjoy this work, congratulations to the team.
Aug 5, 2022 7:08 AM

Sep 2019
Tokoya said:
z00nex said:

big L

But the fact that they decided to have her voice be like this only adds to how menacing she actually is....If someone with that kind of voice came up to me, the last thing I'll think is that this is a murderous, villainous bitch lol
you can imagine a character’s voice by their personality and how she talks like most of the time. Makima’s distinct personality allows you to do so even more.
Aug 5, 2022 7:19 AM

Jun 2019
sonu711 said:
People hating on makima voice actor, seeing your reaction is entertaining to be very honest as a manga reader

not to be rube but what does you, being a manga reader, got to do with anything?
[center][center][center][center][center]
Aug 5, 2022 7:19 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
z00nex said:
Tokoya said:

you can imagine a character’s voice by their personality and how she talks like most of the time. Makima’s distinct personality allows you to do so even more.
Bro, you're not gonna sit here and tell me this shit when we have people like Mike Tyson and Tay Zonday out here in the world lol
Aug 5, 2022 7:22 AM

Sep 2019
Tokoya said:
z00nex said:
Bro, you're not gonna sit here and tell me this shit when we have people like Mike Tyson and Tay Zonday out here in the world lol
we’re talking about anime and anime voice actors
Aug 5, 2022 7:23 AM

May 2021
PriestOfMapotofu said:
sonu711 said:

not to be rube but what does you, being a manga reader, got to do with anything?
yes, pretty much fr
Aug 5, 2022 7:34 AM

Nov 2020
haters keep crying about the cast lol. the rookies gonna slay. Good job MAPPA.
Aug 5, 2022 7:39 AM

Nov 2017
i'm kinda expecting that Yukino from Oregairu Seiyuu gonna be Makima Seiyuu in CSM, so is not him huh
Aug 5, 2022 8:33 AM

Jul 2019
I really want to watch this. TOTAL HYPE.
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Aug 5, 2022 8:43 AM

Feb 2021
The VAs are pretty much all newbies, interesting choice tbh

Makima's VA is the same that does that senpai loli, now that's funny.

I can already see this getting top 1 on MAL just after episode 1 comes out, because you know, it's MAL.
Aug 5, 2022 8:52 AM

Mar 2020
z00nex said:
Tokoya said:

So you’re telling me that your imagination is the only real voice that Makima can have?
Aug 5, 2022 9:12 AM

Feb 2019
Mm, I mean, it looks cool but the trailer kinda gives it the vibe of a series just relying on the visuals. I hope the writing is good too, I don't know anything about it. The synposis seems kinda like just cool stuff, I'm sure it'll be fun to watch at least so I guess I'm looking forward to it
No watch list sig cuz "You watch anime in 3 days or 3 months! Such is the proper way!"
Aug 5, 2022 10:00 AM

Sep 2019
Tendo_GM said:
z00nex said:

So you’re telling me that your imagination is the only real voice that Makima can have?
No. Me and many other people wanted a deeper, more dominant voice for Makima. You can’t/shouldn’t just give a character like her a cutesy voice
Aug 5, 2022 10:04 AM

Apr 2012
MadanielFL said:

I can already see this getting top 1 on MAL just after episode 1 comes out, because you know, it's MAL.

Do you think it's unusual that an adaptation of a highly hyped manga would take the top spot for at least the first time?
Aug 5, 2022 10:15 AM

Dec 2020
oh my god makima is voiced by kanade from pjsk?? oh dear.. i feel like these dont really fit honestly . especially power </3 well i just hope it turns out alright
Aug 5, 2022 10:47 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
z00nex said:
Tendo_GM said:

No. Me and many other people wanted a deeper, more dominant voice for Makima. You can’t/shouldn’t just give a character like her a cutesy voice
So what you're telling me is that your personal imagination/projection of this woman's voice is law....Even though your appearance and personality has absolutely nothing to do with wtf your voice sounds like lol
Aug 5, 2022 10:53 AM

Feb 2021
RobertBobert said:
MadanielFL said:

Do you think it's unusual that an adaptation of a highly hyped manga would take the top spot for at least the first time?
Well no, since Spy x Family came close to being top 1 as well.
Aug 5, 2022 10:57 AM

Sep 2019
Tokoya said:
z00nex said:
So what you're telling me is that your personal imagination/projection of this woman's voice is law....Even though your appearance and personality has absolutely nothing to do with wtf your voice sounds like lol

> So what you're telling me is that your personal imagination/projection of this woman's voice is law....

yes, my opinion is supreme.

> Even though your appearance and personality has absolutely nothing to do with wtf your voice sounds like lol

Dominant woman sound much better with a deep, low-pitched voice. It adds to their looks. Hence why they’re mostly voiced by such VAs in anime.
Aug 5, 2022 10:59 AM

Apr 2012
MadanielFL said:
RobertBobert said:

Then why are you writing about it in such a pretentious tone?
Aug 5, 2022 11:09 AM
Jun 2016
In my opinion Makima voice choice is so bad. Please held up a petition and exclude her from the list if possible. They should have selected Shinobu VA for Makima for a deep tone and fresh voice. Here she sounds like she is stopping her sneeze.
Aug 5, 2022 11:25 AM

Feb 2021
RobertBobert said:
MadanielFL said:

Then why are you writing about it in such a pretentious tone?
Well I don't think I am but ok
Aug 5, 2022 11:30 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
z00nex said:
Tokoya said:

> So what you're telling me is that your personal imagination/projection of this woman's voice is law....

yes, my opinion is supreme.

> Even though your appearance and personality has absolutely nothing to do with wtf your voice sounds like lol

Dominant woman sound much better with a deep, low-pitched voice. It adds to their looks. Hence why they’re mostly voiced by such VAs in anime.
They sound much better.....to you lmao

But like you said, your fantasy world is what we live in and your fetishes are our reality, so we'll go with that
Aug 5, 2022 11:44 AM

Aug 2020
Voices are a bit weird but the animation was great. I wish they gave more of the main plot tho.
Aug 5, 2022 11:46 AM
May 2022
I'm excited. But, you guys need to chill a bit.
Aug 5, 2022 11:47 AM
The Attack Titan

May 2019
Man I am so excited to see the show and so not excited to see the chainsaw man social media larvae manchildren ruining every corner of the anime community like the brainless fuckboys that they are. Sons of bitches gonna use superlatives to a degree oxford gonna have a stroke. But well, when did I ever have control over how other humans act.
The Show is gonna bang tho, hard as well. I read some of the manga before and it was decent but i can see it getting much more fire. Probably gonna read it all soon.

Aug 5, 2022 12:53 PM

Mar 2020
Tokoya said:
z00nex said:

you did want a deeper voice, and maybe a small amount of other people wanted it as well.
but a vast majority wanted her to have a voice like this, specifically like Saori Hayami cause literally everyone brought her up while talking about potential VAs.
Aug 5, 2022 12:55 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Tendo_GM said:
Tokoya said:

you did want a deeper voice, and maybe a small amount of other people wanted it as well.
but a vast majority wanted her to have a voice like this, specifically like Saori Hayami cause literally everyone brought her up while talking about potential VAs.
I didn't give a single shit about their voices, all I care about is how the series looks visually, that's the only thing I was worried about and now I know that it looks great

But what I will say about the VA's is that I love that they're giving newcomers a shot a big series like this, and I think that everyone sounds fine (Especially Power)
Aug 5, 2022 1:02 PM

Jan 2019
I also don’t like the casting choice for Makima but y’all don’t have to make a big deal out of it. Her voice might not be what many of us envisioned for her, but I bet that she and the rest of the cast will sound fantastic regardless.

With this trailer I’m more hyped than ever. I was worrying over how the art would translate from manga to anime, but holy shit they were able to maintain that signature surreal, raw, and gritty tone of the manga despite changing the storytelling method. It’s going to be a wild ride!
KalvusAug 5, 2022 1:06 PM
Aug 5, 2022 1:12 PM
DG9 CEO striker

Aug 2020
honestly, i always knew that there will be a lot of cancer around this adaptation. but i could've never imagined people seriously saying "she doesn't sound like a mommy"
9cycle cycle9

Aug 5, 2022 1:59 PM

Mar 2014
Hmmm the choice of VA is not what I had in mind... Hopefully they can do a good job
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

7 by EcchiGodMamster »»
23 minutes ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 25

17 by RobertBobert »»
39 minutes ago

» 'Overlord: Sei Oukoku-hen' Movie Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer, Fall 2024 Premiere

Doshigatai - Mar 22

5 by Entity72 »»
3 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

98 by RobertBobert »»
8 hours ago

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
Yesterday, 8:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.