6.9%
Chainsaw Man | You'll see
5.6%
Other
14.8%
All trash.
4.5%
535 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2022 6:41 AM

Jan 2022
@Sanjii_1234 Okay , you failed to demonstrate your common sense . So I'm leaving here. Thanks for all the fun. I love people like you๐Ÿฅฐ

#Thankyou"CommonsenseKing"

@KIOSHI_17 i never bring aot in this discussion. So I don't know what me liking aot have to do with this.

I have also Cowboy Bebop, Sonny Boy and other anime in my favourites. Stop antagonising the fandom.

"People normally feel happiness...when they love and are loved in return. I feel happiness when people hate me...and I feel compelled to hurt the things that are dear to me. But is that so strange?"
Apr 8, 2022 6:45 AM
Feb 2022
_Fallacy_ said:
@Sanjii_1234 Okay , you failed to demonstrate your common sense . So I'm leaving here. Thanks for all the fun. I love people like ๐Ÿฅฐ

@KIOSHI_17 i never bring aot in this discussion. So I don't know what me liking aot have to do with this.

I have also Cowboy Bebop, Sonny Boy and other anime in my favourites. Stop antagonising the fanbom.
damn, it was nice timepass,but I was expecting more, like atleast a little amount, but ok , no prob.

Ok friend @_Fallacy_ , we might meet again, also please don't give me that name, I am just a bare shลnen **** , something fuck like text @TheMechaManiac wrote and you agreed, and don't copy my style too, it's bad manners.

Peace out โœŒ๏ธโœŒ๏ธ
Sanjii_1234Apr 8, 2022 6:48 AM
Apr 8, 2022 6:48 AM

Jan 2022
_Fallacy_ said:
@Sanjii_1234 Okay , you failed to demonstrate your common sense . So I'm leaving here. Thanks for all the fun. I love people like you๐Ÿฅฐ

I have also Cowboy Bebop, Sonny Boy and other anime in my favourites. Stop antagonising the fandom.

so what if you have the others in your favourites lol? Also, Aot fandom is probably the worst fandom in animanga community (even worse than that of MHA)...just look at yourself, you lowkey said Gintama is trash. Hating on other animes just because you you want to prove your own to be the best

๐™’๐™๐™ž๐™ฅ๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™’๐™๐™ค๐™ค๐™ฅ
๐˜ฟ๐™ค๐™ค๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™Ž๐™˜๐™ค๐™ค๐™ฅโŸ ๐˜พ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฅ ๐™™๐™š ๐™‡๐™ค๐™ค๐™ฅ ๐™™๐™š
๐™’๐™ค๐™ค๐™ฅ ๐˜ฟ๐™ค๐™ค๐™ฅ

[center]
Apr 8, 2022 6:50 AM

Jan 2022
Sanjii_1234 said:
KIOSHI_17 said:

Toxic and based aot stan go away :0
All you can do is dodge points and trash talk
Bro, don't do this lol , otherwise you will become the renowned Shลnen ****, something this Fuck type text that guy wrote.

Nah man, someone gotta correct those based mfs. They just can't accept the fact that any other anime can be better than their favourites

๐˜ฟ๐™ค๐™ค๐™ฅ๐™ฉ๐™ฎ ๐™Ž๐™˜๐™ค๐™ค๐™ฅโŸ ๐˜พ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฅ ๐™™๐™š ๐™‡๐™ค๐™ค๐™ฅ ๐™™๐™š

[center]
Apr 8, 2022 6:54 AM
Feb 2022
KIOSHI_17 said:
Sanjii_1234 said:
Bro, don't do this lol , otherwise you will become the renowned Shลnen ****, something this Fuck type text that guy wrote.

Nah man, someone gotta correct those based mfs. They just can't accept the fact that any other anime can be better than their favourites
lmao "based mfs"
This was a good one.
But imo just leave it.
You can see he is a pure gintama and one piece hater, I don't know how these titles f!cked him, but let it be, so it's just wasting your time at last .
Apr 8, 2022 7:08 AM

Jul 2021
KIOSHI_17 said:
JaniSIr said:

How did you miss the fact that attack on titan got an infamously bad ending? Also I'm pretty disappointed that season 4 didn't go where I wanted it to go

I know how bad the ending is dude. I was not sure if u were actually referring about how bad it is or u were one of those aot stans who think it's the best anime or some shit...

No, I'm just complaining about season 4.
I mean, it had scuffs before too, but those were still good despite being a shounen, a genre/demographic/whatever I generally avoid.
Apr 8, 2022 7:09 AM

Jan 2022
Sanjii_1234 said:
KIOSHI_17 said:

lmao "based mfs"
This was a good one.
But imo just leave it.
You can see he is a pure gintama and one piece hater, I don't know how these titles f!cked him, but let it be, so it's just wasting your time at last .

Yeah you're right, we should stop. That person already suffered enough humiliation and embarrassment for now in this poll discussion. It was kinda fun watching him senselessly argue like that lol. Btw, you can just tag me whenever you come across any such brain-dead people. I'll be more than happy to join the argument.

[center]
Apr 8, 2022 7:22 AM

Jan 2022
KIOSHI_17 said:

so what if you have the others in your favourites lol?
It does.
Also, Aot fandom is probably the worst fandom in animanga community (even worse than that of MHA)
I know right.But i never asked and i never care.

And most important i never bring Aot in this thread

...just look at yourself you lowkey said Gintama is trash.
It actual is. As i said earlier, me calling gintama trash has nothing to do with me liking Aot.

Hating on other animes just because you you want to prove your own to be the best
When did i tried to prove "my owns are best". HxH is at the top in this poll ,if i really wanted to do something like that ,i could have .....

Yeah you're right, we should stop. That person already suffered enough humiliation and embarrassment for now in this poll discussion. It was kinda fun watching him senselessly argue like that lol. Btw, you can just tag me whenever you come across any such brain-dead people. I'll be more than happy to join the argument.
This one is really funny lol. "humiliation" and embarrassment"๐Ÿคก. Yup, you guys should be.
_Fallacy_Apr 8, 2022 7:37 AM

"People normally feel happiness...when they love and are loved in return. I feel happiness when people hate me...and I feel compelled to hurt the things that are dear to me. But is that so strange?"
Apr 8, 2022 7:31 AM
Dec 2017
One Piece is the best in terms of Written. not just in manga world but in the whole fiction world
Apr 8, 2022 7:37 AM
Jul 2018
I like Attack on Titan the best for now.
Apr 8, 2022 7:37 AM
Dec 2017
Phosphophyllita said:
Attack on Titan is seinen, it is better written and more mature than all "battle shounen"

Attack on Titan is a SHONEN, and no it's not better nor mature than any of the shonen (except for MHA), AoT is the "i'm 14 and this is deep"
and the ending of the manga clearly prove that the mangaka doesn't know how to write stories
Apr 8, 2022 7:40 AM

Aug 2010
Interesting that so many people picked HxH.
For as much as it is a battle shonen, it is also not a battle shonen at all.
Its definitely more of an adventure show with long arcs where fighting isnt the focus.

I picked Demon Slayer because it's definitely a battle shonen with little else going on. But with such high production values that its always hype to watch.

DBZ is my most nostalgic anime, but i would never consider it the best anything. In fact, I think Yu Yu Hakusho is a slightly better show.

And despite how much i like Hokuto no Ken, it is just brutal to physically sit through all of it.

Akame ga Kill has a better manga than anime. the anime screwed the pooch a little bit.

Attack on Titan is more about mystery and politics than it is a battle shonen.

one piece is great and all, but the fillerpalooza of it really drains tension from the show.

chainsaw man isnt worth the amount of praise people heap on to it. The overhype is going to hurt the anime for sure.

i got nothing bad to say about avatar, holistically it is probably better than demon slayer, but i still went with Demon Slayer as a pure battle shonen
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Apr 8, 2022 8:12 AM
Aug 2020
If we are talking about impact on anime in general, then DBZ. Ki blasts, beam attacks and power levels were made popular by DBZ. Even Seven Deadly Sins used the concept of power levels. Rock Lee from Naruto assumes a Goku-type stance when he opens the Gates (look back to chuunin exams). Bleach and One Piece took inspiration from some aspects of DBZ. If we are talking about the creativity of attacks and strategies, then Naruto is the best. If story, maybe Hunter x Hunter or FMAB (leaning more towards FMAB). FMAB has the most consistent story, imo, but the battles are lame. Naruto has a lot of filler and the ending with Kaguya sucked. Bleach sucked after Aizen's arc. Hunter x Hunter and FMAB are the most consistent in terms of story, but Naruto has still the better fights by far. One Piece is rinse and repeat and just a money machine... with no real sense of direction...The fights are boring as well. Attack on Titan had a very strong story but fell apart towards the end, because the author wrote himself into a corner (it was doomed since the Basement Reveal). If we are talking about visuals, then Demon Slayer.

So:

Impact and influence on the genre: DBZ
Creativity of world and action: Naruto (just look at the Uchia powers.Amaterasu..Susano)
Story and coherence: FMAB, and maybe Hunter x Hunter
Best story that failed due to incompetence: AoT
Best characters: Naruto (think about Pain, Itachi, Jiraiya, Shikamaru, Madara...)
Most iconic characters: DBZ (Goku is instantly recognizable by casuals, non-anime fans, etc.... And Frieza is an iconic villain)
Visuals: Demon Slayer (though One Punch Man S1 had better art).
Best OSTs: AoT and Demon Slayer (imo)
Most iconic villain: Frieza from DBZ.

I am not putting Gintama under battle shounen. When fights happen, Gintama is as good as anything. If we include Gintama....Then Gintama has to be near the top for their characters alone. Only Naruto's best characters compare, imo, from shounen. Still, I don't view Gintama as a battle shounen. Not that many battles.
SchwarznightApr 8, 2022 12:26 PM
Apr 8, 2022 9:38 AM
Aug 2020
LiterallyHou said:
A bit of a poor selection of choices there, OP. You could have replaced DB, HnK and AGK with Gintama, Mob Psycho and OPM at least. All of these are garbage except CSM, AoT and HxH, and I would say AoT is slightly better than CSM because of its more ambitious story which it pulls off nigh-perfectly until the end where there's a dip in quality, and because generally speaking, it's more unique (CSM is still clearly a battle shounen, however, it masterfully subverts the expectations of this formulaic genre). Out of the 'Big 3', the only good one is Bleach as well.

_Fallacy_ said:
And foreshadowing is basic part of writing. It doesn't make anything well written or bad. Callbacks to things from the past isn't foreshadowing. Foreshadowing is more subtle or intricate. That dragon part which you mentioned in your earlier post is call back. And it's the same story with most of the so-called foreshadowing in OP.
Indeed. One Piece fans seem to be under the impression that making a cameo of something 700 chapters later is peak foreshadowing, when it lacks anywhere near the subtle ingenuity with massive plot implications that the foreshadowing in series like Attack on Titan's are known for. Any story if provided the opportunity to go on as long as One Piece has could do the same thing. Even Bleach has more creative and skilled use of foreshadowing with greater pay-offs that last almost as long as One Piece's do.

Mirabem said:
It's crazy how so many people took the bait. Keep up the good work.
Only two people took his bait before he was apprehended by someone when you posted that comment. Don't hype up low-effort work. @Phosphophyllita doesn't know how to argue for the claims he actually believes whenever they get challenged by people, anyway.

Bleach became garbage after the Aizen arc, similar how Naruto fell apart the moment Madara was betrayed. Aizen and Madara should have been the endgame. DBZ is superior to Bleach. Most of the famous battle shounens owe it to DBZ. In terms of impact, none of the mentioned anime had as much impact as DBZ. Even the creators of Bleach, Naruto, etc., would agree. Goku serves as a blueprint for a lot of shounen protagonists.
Apr 8, 2022 9:44 AM

Oct 2018
LiterallyHou said:
A bit of a poor selection of choices there, OP. You could have replaced DB, HnK and AGK with Gintama, Mob Psycho and OPM at least. All of these are garbage except CSM, AoT and HxH, and I would say AoT is slightly better than CSM because of its more ambitious story which it pulls off nigh-perfectly until the very end where there's a dip in quality, and because generally speaking, it's more unique (CSM is still clearly a battle shounen, however, it masterfully subverts the expectations of this formulaic genre). Out of the 'Big 3', the only good one is Bleach as well.

_Fallacy_ said:
And foreshadowing is basic part of writing. It doesn't make anything well written or bad. Callbacks to things from the past isn't foreshadowing. Foreshadowing is more subtle or intricate. That dragon part which you mentioned in your earlier post is call back. And it's the same story with most of the so-called foreshadowing in OP.
Indeed. One Piece fans seem to be under the impression that making a cameo of something 700 chapters later is peak foreshadowing, when it lacks anywhere near the subtle ingenuity with massive plot implications that the foreshadowing in series like Attack on Titan is known for. Any story if provided the opportunity to go on as long as One Piece has could do the same thing. Even Bleach has more creative and skilled use of foreshadowing with greater pay-offs that last almost as long as One Piece's do.

Mirabem said:
It's crazy how so many people took the bait. Keep up the good work.
Only two people took his bait before he was apprehended by someone when you posted that comment. Don't hype up low-effort work. @Phosphophyllita doesn't know how to argue for the claims he actually believes whenever they get challenged by people, anyway.

Did I hurt you? I don't remember, if I ever did, then I'm sorry.

And yeah, I'm not good at wasting my time on arguing in an internet forum, I'm sorry again.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Apr 8, 2022 9:48 AM

Oct 2021
Phosphophyllita said:
Attack on Titan is seinen, it is better written and more mature than all "battle shounen"

Bruh it's literally shonen you dickrider
Yesterday, you were the defeated.

What have you become today?

Apr 8, 2022 9:57 AM

Jan 2022
Phosphophyllita said:

And yeah, I'm not good at wasting my time on arguing in an internet forum, I'm sorry again.
Then you should not make shitty, bait post, if you can't back-up them.

Apr 8, 2022 10:01 AM

Jan 2021
Rad_Scientist said:
Deago said:
A battle shonen, as the name implies, is one that focuses heavily on fighting that is integral to the plot.

What do you think is the best 'battle shonen' anime of all time?

"Battle shonen" does not exist. You mean action.

Well, it si true that the thing the OP is seeking for isn't called "battle shonen" it has an actual name and it is Nekketsu.
Apr 8, 2022 10:37 AM
Aug 2020
I disagree about impact. DBZ set the bar and still liked today. Have yo
LiterallyHou said:
Schwarznight said:

Bleach became garbage after the Aizen arc, similar how Naruto fell apart the moment Madara was betrayed. Aizen and Madara should have been the endgame. DBZ is superior to Bleach. Most of the famous battle shounens owe it to DBZ. In terms of impact, none of the mentioned anime had as much impact as DBZ. Even the creators of Bleach, Naruto, etc., would agree. Goku serves as a blueprint for a lot of shounen protagonists.

Nah. The defeat of Aizen necessitated the TYBW arc (and by extension the Fullbring arc without Kubo asspulling Ichigo's powers back after Mugetsu), in order to not leave the worldbuilding and character arcs of Bleach with a gaping hollow hole. Next time don't speedread a manga that uses subtle and visual storytelling for its narrative. It's either that or you just didn't comprehend the scope of the world Bleach was setting itself to be and how ending it on Aizen would leave behind an abyss of plotholes. That being said, the TYBW arc did not utilize its fullest potential, one which it had to be a truly great arc seeing as how the first half of that arc with the Quincy invasion of Soul Society was peak Bleach, due to Kubo's deteriorating health forcing him to wrap things up in a haphazard manner; the CFYOW sequels showing just how much elaboration was available. You are right about Naruto falling apart after Madara though, because unlike the following two arcs of Bleach, Kaguya literally contributed nothing to the world of Naruto or its characters, and was clearly primarily written to remedy Kishimoto writing himself into a corner with Madara.

Impact is also irrelevant here, because although Dragon Ball may have revolutionized shounen, it doesn't change the fact that compared to almost all the battle shounen it's inspired, it's incredibly basic today with atrocious pacing and has aged like milk. I won't say it's bad though, sure, due to its early conventions never seen before in the medium.
u s
LiterallyHou said:
Schwarznight said:

Nah. The defeat of Aizen necessitated the TYBW arc (and by extension the Fullbring arc without Kubo asspulling Ichigo's powers back after Mugetsu), in order to not leave the worldbuilding and character arcs of Bleach with a gaping hollow hole. Next time don't speedread a manga that uses subtle and visual storytelling for its narrative. It's either that or you just didn't comprehend the scope of the world Bleach was setting itself to be and how ending it on Aizen would leave behind an abyss of plotholes. That being said, the TYBW arc did not utilize its fullest potential, one which it had to be a truly great arc seeing as how the first half of that arc with the Quincy invasion of Soul Society was peak Bleach, due to Kubo's deteriorating health forcing him to wrap things up in a haphazard manner; the CFYOW sequels showing just how much elaboration was available. You are right about Naruto falling apart after Madara though, because unlike the following two arcs of Bleach, Kaguya literally contributed nothing to the world of Naruto or its characters, and was clearly primarily written to remedy Kishimoto writing himself into a corner with Madara.

Impact is also irrelevant here, because although Dragon Ball may have revolutionized shounen, it doesn't change the fact that compared to almost all the battle shounen it's inspired, it's incredibly basic today with atrocious pacing and has aged like milk. I won't say it's bad though, sure, due to its early conventions never seen before in the medium.

I disagree about impact. DBZ set the bar and is still enjoyed today. Sure, there is a lot of screaming, and the fights are long. The villains are not that complex either. But the whole shounen genre owes it to DBZ primarily. Also, the latest Broly movie had insane visuals and was quite fun. The production value was great.... As good as anything in terms of visuals (the fight in the ice place).

I never read the Bleach manga. Only watched the anime. Aizen singlehandedly carried Bleach at the end, and he is one of the most hyped villains in anime, often spawning comparisons, like madara vs aizen, etc. His quotes alone are epic af. Bleach fell apart after Aizen, imo. And from my understanding, the story becomes needlessly convoluted and they do Yamaamoto dirty. In a fair fight, Yama would would have won. Not 1 character tops Aizen in Bleach in terms of epicness. His voice actor alone was epic.
Apr 8, 2022 11:24 AM

Apr 2018
I like demon slayer but dragon ball is still one of my favorites so it's hard to choose, I might wanna wait for CSM also so let's just say Naruto for now.

Apr 8, 2022 12:17 PM
Jul 2018
My favourite battle shounen franchises are JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and Getter Robo.
Apr 8, 2022 12:22 PM
Aug 2020
Hail_Lelouch said:
In terms of animation Demon Slayer, and in terms of fight scenes and longevity Hunter X Hunter

In terms of animation, OPM S1 is even above Demon Slayer. These are facts.
Apr 8, 2022 12:54 PM

Aug 2010
AquaBlue-sama said:
Phosphophyllita said:

Attack on Titan is a SHONEN, and no it's not better nor mature than any of the shonen (except for MHA), AoT is the "i'm 14 and this is deep"
and the ending of the manga clearly prove that the mangaka doesn't know how to write stories

Sounds like you been drinking hateraid. Where i also agree the AoT is definitely a shonen, i do think it is quite better written than most shonen. Better character development and world building than most shonen plus it does try to tackle themes such as war and racism with maturity while exploring multiple angles of it where the average shonen just screams "friendship" in the face of cartoonishly evil villains.

I dont even agree with this idea that the ending of AoT is bad. I havent even seen a coherent argument as to what makes it bad. Just people calling it trash for no reason
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Apr 8, 2022 1:20 PM
Jan 2020
Katou81 said:
My Hero academia is better than all of those combined
I know you're joking. You cannot be serious.
If you're hungry, eat!
Apr 8, 2022 1:47 PM
Kii_Ibarra

Dec 2020
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. If we're being specific, then JoJo part 4
My greatest contribution to this website:
Apr 8, 2022 4:20 PM
Mar 2018
hxh overall but aot war for paradis was peak until the ending
Apr 8, 2022 7:29 PM

Dec 2021
defo hxh, creative, cast is really good and the chimera arc is by far the best shonen arc
good opinions on anything, block = I own you
Apr 8, 2022 8:57 PM

Dec 2016
Just wanted to say I can't believe I've read 130 replies to a battle-shounen/nekketsu discussion thread and among all of them I couldn't find one single mention of Saint Seiya, which only happens to be one of the cornerstones of the anime genre (and not even to shit on it).

Simply baffling.
Apr 8, 2022 9:49 PM

Aug 2018
Phosphophyllita said:

Yeah, no. Do some more research about what shounen really is. Aot was published in the shounen manga so its a shounen. A large chunk of it's audience are young or older teens. Aot is undeniably a shounen. Also, teenagers tend to prefer more mature and edgy works nowadays and companies know that.
Maloween 2020 candies

Main candies:

Apr 8, 2022 10:04 PM

Aug 2020
Berserk is imo the best one, Guts is also my favorite shonen protagonist.

Apr 8, 2022 10:46 PM

Jul 2021
HxH is the ๐Ÿ no ๐Ÿงข. It's my fave anime in general.

Apr 8, 2022 11:08 PM
Jul 2018
All talk about but are then too afraid to vote for Hokuto no Ken

This is why it is considered a manly series. It takes courage and manly tears and sacrifices.
There! I voted it.
Apr 9, 2022 12:46 AM

Oct 2020
Attack on Titan takes it. Gintama is 2nd and Pandora Hearts is 3rd.
Apr 9, 2022 12:59 AM
Oct 2021
Katou81 said:
My Hero academia is better than all of those combined
Hahahaha u better be jokin or im goin to ur house to beat u ^^
Apr 9, 2022 1:19 AM

Dec 2015
Bleach | Sorry haters but it never died.
Apr 9, 2022 5:48 AM

Aug 2018
attack on titan, for sure. definitely.
Apr 9, 2022 5:55 AM

May 2016
I was tempted to pick Avatar, as it really is the best show on the list, but that felt like cheating, so I went with Fullmetal Alchemist.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Apr 9, 2022 6:12 PM
Aug 2020
MrNegr0 said:
Hunter x Hunter is the peak of battle oriented shounen. And lmao at the notion that seinen is inherently better than shounen.

Peak in terms of what? This thread is so ambiguous. I have attempted to rank some famous battle shounen for different things.

In terms of innovative attacks, Naruto is well above H x H. If we are talking about story, then FMAB is probably the most coherent. H x H has quite a lot of pacing issues, though it can be said the same of FMAB. In terms of visuals, OPM S1 (studio Madhouse) is probably the best, followed by Demon Slayer. DBZ and dragonball are iconic. No battle shounen character is more famous than Goku.
Apr 9, 2022 10:49 PM
Sep 2015
Demon Slayer has the been the best since it started publication.
Apr 10, 2022 2:41 AM

Nov 2020
Roevhaal said:
I would vote other but all of them are trash is also a good option.
You're always there to spread positivity

Hunter x Hunter > Attack on Titan > One Piece (manga) > Avatar > FMAB > Chainsaw Man > My Hero Academia > Jujutsu Kaisen > Naruto > Demon Slayer > Blue Exorcist > Fairy Tail
Apr 10, 2022 2:52 AM

Jul 2019
Why Fmab not at the top?? where are those spammers.
Apr 10, 2022 7:40 AM
May 2021
JoJo and Bleach by far for me. Would be Gintama if it was shonen in general tho
Apr 10, 2022 8:15 AM

Oct 2019
The title can only ever refer to Hunter Hunter, the rest options in the poll are faux.

ใƒใƒณใฎไธ€ๅ‘ณ

Apr 10, 2022 9:57 AM
Aug 2020
Mosesaa said:
Schwarznight said:

Peak in terms of what? This thread is so ambiguous. I have attempted to rank some famous battle shounen for different things.

In terms of innovative attacks, Naruto is well above H x H. If we are talking about story, then FMAB is probably the most coherent. H x H has quite a lot of pacing issues, though it can be said the same of FMAB. In terms of visuals, OPM S1 (studio Madhouse) is probably the best, followed by Demon Slayer. DBZ and dragonball are iconic. No battle shounen character is more famous than Goku.
And HxH have all those things.

Abdf said:
Why Fmab not at the top?? where are those spammers.
There is no option for downvote ,so it can be helped.

The best fights in Naruto >> H x H. Even Netero fight is not as epic as Madara's entrance fight. Jiraiya vs Pain... the strategies... the tension...etc. No. Naruto's attacks are more creative. Just look at the Uchia clan and their powers.
Apr 10, 2022 10:25 AM
Aug 2020
Mosesaa said:
Schwarznight said:

The best fights in Naruto >> H x H. Even Netero fight is not as epic as Madara's entrance fight. Jiraiya vs Pain... the strategies... the tension...etc. No. Naruto's attacks are more creative. Just look at the Uchia clan and their powers.
When did i say HxH have better fights than Naruto? I said HxH have all those things you mentioned.

Also, Emperor Times >>> all of the moves in Naruto.
Chrollo and team manipulating auction >>>> all of the strategies in Naruto. ๐Ÿฅฑ

And if you want to have actual discussion, then stop listing and prove, how those things are better in Naruto.

Not one characer in HxH has as many interesting or diverse attacks as Itachi or Madara.
Itachi: Izanami, amaterasu, susano (plus legendary items yata mirror and sword of totsuka), mangekyo...Katon....shisui's crows.

Cocky Hunter X Hunter fanboy got rekt just now. Itachi at 11 was cooler than any character in H xH....The kunai scene already shows how cool the guy was.
Apr 10, 2022 10:37 AM
Aug 2020
Mosesaa said:
Schwarznight said:

When did i say HxH have better fights than Naruto? I said HxH have all those things you mentioned.

Also, Emperor Times >>> all of the moves in Naruto.
Chrollo and team manipulating auction >>>> all of the strategies in Naruto. ๐Ÿฅฑ

And if you want to have actual discussion, then stop listing and prove, how those things are better in Naruto.

2:46-:3:00
3:36-3:52...especially around 3:45-3:52
3:54-4:20 was straight sauce.

Now tell me one character that can match this level of hype and fight choreography. You can't.

Apr 10, 2022 11:41 AM
Aug 2020
Mosesaa said:
Schwarznight said:

Not one characer in HxH has as many interesting or diverse attacks as Itachi or Madara.
Itachi: Izanami, amaterasu, susano (plus legendary items yata mirror and sword of totsuka), mangekyo...Katon....shisui's crows.
Niqqa learn how to have discussion,y you did nothing new ,just listed things again. How those moves are interesting, so what they have more moves. They all are lame , especially Madara. What's the meaning of all those moves when he f*king died a lame death.

Now, let my tell you why Kurapika's Emperor Time is most interesting move and
better than any of those you mentioned.

Kurapika have 5-6 hatsu ,each of his hatsus seem to be developed for the practical purpose to solve a problem, the problem of finding people, the problem of getting accurate information, the problem of being much weaker and inexperienced, the problem of very likely getting extreme injury, the problem of getting co-operation, the problem of working alone.

And the 5th
and most important hatsu literally describe his character, how he feels about PPL around, to deal with the problem he faced in Yorknew City. The one which not only helps him, but his friends.

You can see how much work he put in his ability and how creative it is.

Cocky Hunter X Hunter fanboy got rekt just now.
Another delusional Naruto fanboy crying and seething despite he knows how much Naruto sucks.

Itachi at 11 was cooler than any character in H xH....The kunai scene already shows how cool the guy was.
Itachi at 21 is more lame than Sakura at 13.

@Schwarznight Imagine finding hype in fodder character getting their asses kicked. Nah, there isn't such thing (on that level) in HxH and i don't want it.

You must be a teenager. I know Naruto's flaws, but you don't see H x H's flaws. That one fight scene with Madara tops any fights in H x H. I have seen H x H. Just look at the choreography. Do you also want me to post how he destroys all the hokages? I bet you will say that they are fodder characters as well. Goodbye. I don't argue with kids.
Apr 10, 2022 12:23 PM
Aug 2020
Mosesaa said:
@Schwarznight you are so cute. When thrown with facts and logic you started crying and used the same old, cliched response."You must be child","I don't argue with kids".

That one fight scene with Madara tops any fights in H x H
I never said HxH fights are better than Naruto, So I don't know why you keep bringing this in discussion.

We were discussing about moves and creativity. Which i already proved how HxH is above its beta version.

You didn't prove anything. You literally just mentioned Kurapika... Much cooler stuff happened when Jiraiya faced Pain for the first time, and when he had to figure out what was going on with their eyes...and how their field of vision was connected. Nothing in H x H had this much strategy or stakes. The number of moves Jiraiya had to use...and how he had to divide and conquer... Etc., was way more creative. I have seen Kurapika's fight against Ugo. Still, Jiraiya's fight was better. No contest.
Apr 10, 2022 12:43 PM
Aug 2020
Mosesaa said:
Schwarznight said:

You didn't prove anything. You literally just mentioned Kurapika... Much cooler stuff happened when Jiraiya faced Pain for the first time,
How it is more cooler?

and when he had to figure out what was going on with their eyes...and how their field of vision was connected.Nothing in H x H had this much strategy or stakes.
Finding your opponent move isn't strategy.

The number of moves Jiraiya had to use...and how he had to divide and conquer... Etc., was way more creative.
How it's more creative? prove. You are just listing things, nothing more.

I have seen Kurapika's fight against Ugo. Still, Jiraiya's fight was better. No contest.
How it is better? Coz you are saying?

Just watch the goddamn fight. You are lazy. He had to figure out that their eyes are connected. He used a smoke bomb. He also then took the fight to a corridor, making it a 2 vs 1...and then he launched a big attack on 1 guy...so that he was forced to stay behind to absorb the attack...and then he made it a 1vs 1. Things like that.
Apr 10, 2022 12:50 PM

Dec 2012
I want to say Rurouni Kenshin, but it would require a complete adaptation on par with FMAB production quality in order to make that happen. I choose this one because it delves into my favorite themes (redemption & the will to live) and the historical time period it's set in has become one of my favorite turning points in human history.

My favorite of those choices is One Piece. It invokes an unparalleled sense of adventure & grandeur. It's the ultimate dream most boys have: To go on a grand journey and seize the wildest dreams. Maybe I'm just being partial since I just finished rewatching one of its best & most emotional arcs, but it really earns the 1000+ episodes and 20+ year run time that goes hand in hand with the ambitions set forth within it.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Do you care about gambling anime?

Cammell - May 8

44 by MichaelJackson »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you read light novels?

EverRealm - 7 hours ago

22 by Berry-Vodka »»
21 minutes ago

» Why "some" people like netorare (NTR)? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DC_and_E - Feb 26, 2019

262 by Rhae »»
33 minutes ago

» Animation quality consistency.

Yuu_Kanzaki - 6 hours ago

9 by deg »»
35 minutes ago

» ANIME AND MANGA GEEKS ASSEMBLE !!! Evil female characters who fall for MC, recommandations.

NaRc0s_G - 1 hour ago

0 by NaRc0s_G »»
1 hour ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.