Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Yofukashi no Uta' Gets TV Anime for Summer 2022

New
Nov 10, 2021 7:30 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Fuji TV opened an official website for a television anime adaptation of Kotoyama's Yofukashi no Uta (Call of the Night) manga on Thursday, revealing the main staff, cast, a teaser visual (pictured), and teaser promo. The anime series is scheduled to air on Fuji TV's noitaminA programming block in July 2022.

Staff
Director: Tomoyuki Itamura (Vanitas no Karte)
Chief Director: Tetsuya Miyanishi (3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season episode director)
Script: Michiko Yokote (Jahy-sama wa Kujikenai!)
Character Design: Haruka Sagawa (Dounika Naru Hibi)
Studio: LIDENFILMS

Gen Satou (Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun) and Sora Amamiya (Kimi to Boku no Saigo no Senjou, Aruiwa Sekai ga Hajimaru Seisen) are starring as the lead characters Kou Yamori and Nazuna Nanakusa, respectively. Creepy Nuts, a hip-hop unit formed by rapper R-Shitei and DJ Matsunaga, will perform the theme song.

Synopsis
Kou Yamori seems like a typical middle school student on the surface. Relatively good at studies and amiable with his classmates, he puts a lot of effort into maintaining this facade. One day, however, he decides to stop pretending and quits school, developing insomnia as a result of having no daytime outlet for his energy. When taking walks alone at night, he feels marginally better, though he is aware that his inability to sleep should be considered a serious problem.

On one such walk, Kou meets a weird girl, Nazuna Nanakusa, who diagnoses the cause of his sleeplessness: despite making changes in his life, he is still holding himself back from experiencing true freedom. She says that he won't be able to sleep unless he is satisfied with how he spends his waking hours. When it appears that she has resolved his current worries, Nazuna invites him back to her apartment to share her futon. After a while, unaware that he is only feigning unconsciousness, she leans over him—and bites his neck! [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Kotoyama began the supernatural romance manga in Weekly Shounen Sunday in August 2019, a year and four months after concluding Dagashi Kashi in the same magazine. Shogakukan published the eighth volume on July 16. Yofukashi no Uta has a cumulative 1.5 million copies of its volumes in circulation.

VIZ Media licensed the manga in English last July and shipped the fourth volume on October 12. The fifth volume in is planned for a December 14 release.

Teaser PV

Official site: https://yofukashi-no-uta.com/
Official Twitter: @yofukashi_pr

Source: Moca News

Yofukashi no Uta on MAL
VindstotNov 10, 2021 4:15 PM

Nov 10, 2021 7:38 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
I guess Itamura really really likes vampires lol.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 10, 2021 7:40 AM

Jan 2021
Alright, I am super looking forward to this.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Nov 10, 2021 7:40 AM
Apr 2021
damnn the PV is soo cool. im happy we got another "vanitas no karte" i guess

edit : I just realized its from the same director...
Nov 10, 2021 7:41 AM

May 2020
I wonder how far it will manage to adapt. Didn't like the manga that much early on, but it grew on me. Especially Kotoyama's art style.
Don't mind me,
just passing by...
Nov 10, 2021 7:45 AM

Jul 2021
Lol I swear I ain't capping but I was reading the manga and I didn't know it got an adaptation anyways the art is chef's kiss and the story is pretty interesting so I'm looking forward to this potential gem :>
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Nov 10, 2021 7:55 AM
Jan 2020
Itamura really likes vampires
Nov 10, 2021 7:59 AM

Apr 2012
Again shounen and again vampires. Is Japan ruled by the shadow government of teenage vampires? And if without jokes only it seems to me that the Japanese are gradually moving from bishoujo to dominant oneesan?
Nov 10, 2021 8:11 AM
Feb 2021
Itamura and Vampire anime. Gimme a better combo.
Staff was good but the studio… Well I guess we can expect the unexpected, but uhhhhhhh…IDK we’ll see.
Nov 10, 2021 8:14 AM

Oct 2017
Really excited for this adaptation.
Nov 10, 2021 8:18 AM

Dec 2020
WWWWHATTT DAMN REALLY??? HYPE !!!! dropped the manga a while ago because things weren't really progressing like id wanted it to but maybe this'll get me back up on it again

really nice story, hope they do the adaptation well im actually so hyped ab this lol
Nov 10, 2021 8:25 AM
Jul 2017
Vampires really seem to be making a comeback huh.
Nov 10, 2021 8:45 AM
Apr 2018
made a sacrifice so we could get Nazuna animated. to the gods, thank you.

will settle my payment in 20 years.
Nov 10, 2021 8:54 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
LemonadeYou-kyan said:

did it go like this

STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 10, 2021 9:00 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
LemonadeYou-kyan said:

That is WILD af my guy LMAO

But anyway, this sounds like a fun premise, so hopefully it'll be great...Especially since Vanitas' director is attached and that Sora Amamiya is voicing the female lead
TokoyaNov 10, 2021 9:08 AM
Nov 10, 2021 9:17 AM

Nov 2015
1st Monogatari, vanitas and now this?

The director must really like horny vampires.
HACKs! ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคฎ
Nov 10, 2021 9:17 AM

Aug 2020
Well well ..... I fully expected it to get an anime adaptation . The material showed every signs of it , from the plot and story to the reception of it .
I read the first chapters , and well...... The mc was just extremely cringey and eyerolling to read , but I loved the art and the character designs . The pacing as well made up for a decent enough read , but he was just way too aggravating . Might just get the 1st volume and check it out again , heard viz picked it up .

On the other hand , PV looks insanely good . I am not sure if this is pre-made or actual footage , but the directing and the color scheme is brilliant . (Although it could use a bit of toning down on some parts . But that's a conversation for another day...)

But this is lidenfilms , trust for them doesn't come easy . Past experiences are way too muddy for that.

As usual , fingers crossed for a viewable experience.
Nov 10, 2021 12:10 PM

Feb 2020
Pv looks interesting, I especially like the song. Lets see how it goes
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Nov 10, 2021 12:33 PM

May 2019
tl_dr said:
I wonder how far it will manage to adapt. Didn't like the manga that much early on, but it grew on me. Especially Kotoyama's art style.

I may need to give it another try, then. I read the first 35 or so chapters and I just couldn't really get into it. It seemed like the characters just never really showed any emotion or cared about anything.
Nov 10, 2021 12:33 PM

Jul 2015
Girl looks like Toga from BnHA, predropped
Nov 10, 2021 12:42 PM
Hello World!:))

Oct 2015
One question for the manga readers -> is it worth to read/watch mostly (only) for the romance? Like, are they a couple or something? I'm just a sucker for romances, bear with me:,)
"I'll be done soon. If you wait nicely, I'll buy you some sweetbread." said Lawrence.

- I'll thank you not to treat me like a child.

"Oh, you don't want any?"

- I do.

Nov 10, 2021 12:50 PM

May 2020
Amamiya sora voicing the lead and that too a vampire, can't see myself missing this one then.
Nov 10, 2021 1:06 PM

May 2020
DrHizzle said:
tl_dr said:

I may need to give it another try, then. I read the first 35 or so chapters and I just couldn't really get into it. It seemed like the characters just never really showed any emotion or cared about anything.

Hmm in that regard I think that does change, current chapters have quite a few things going on, although I also liked the episodic-like nature early on.
Don't mind me,
just passing by...
Nov 10, 2021 2:05 PM

Dec 2020
uwahhh nice. kou sounds exactly like i imagined
Nov 10, 2021 2:07 PM

Dec 2020
WanderingRonin said:
One question for the manga readers -> is it worth to read/watch mostly (only) for the romance? Like, are they a couple or something? I'm just a sucker for romances, bear with me:,)

hmm i mean nearly the entire story revolves around the romance between kou and nazuna and even then its not really that prominent?? it does become more relevant in the later chapters but idk how much the anime will cover. i recommend reading it for now to see if you like it!! the first few chapters drag a bit i will be honest
Nov 10, 2021 2:19 PM

Dec 2020
Nice that this one got an anime adaptation! Didn't expect Sora Amamiya voicing Nazuna as I actually more imagining Aoi Yuuki voicing her but aight... But yeah, Nazuna looks even more sexier and prettier in this anime ngl!
Nov 10, 2021 2:28 PM
Hello World!:))

Oct 2015
subahokke said:

hmm i mean nearly the entire story revolves around the romance between kou and nazuna and even then its not really that prominent?? it does become more relevant in the later chapters but idk how much the anime will cover. i recommend reading it for now to see if you like it!! the first few chapters drag a bit i will be honest

Thanks for the reply! I will check the manga!:D
"I'll be done soon. If you wait nicely, I'll buy you some sweetbread." said Lawrence.

- I'll thank you not to treat me like a child.

"Oh, you don't want any?"

- I do.

Nov 10, 2021 5:03 PM

Nov 2020
More and more vampire animes are coming out lately. The PV looks great, and the background song is epic
m1ch444_Nov 10, 2021 5:16 PM
Nov 10, 2021 6:31 PM

Oct 2021
I started reading the manga around Halloween and now an anime adaptation gets announced, talk about great timing.

The animation looks good too. Definitely hyped for this.
Nov 10, 2021 8:25 PM
Sep 2020
Nazuna really looks like the student council president from kagegurui
Nov 10, 2021 10:18 PM
Sep 2021
The main girl kind of reminds me of zero two tbh
Nov 10, 2021 11:47 PM

Dec 2016
Gonna watch this all cuz of Creepy Nuts. It looks interesting too.
Nov 11, 2021 2:46 AM

Feb 2019
Absolutely pathetic director, pass.

And the whole thing just looks ugly. Wet, off-kilter, just not right.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Nov 11, 2021 5:51 AM

Mar 2014
I wasn't sure about this show at first, but now I'm super sold.
Nov 11, 2021 6:04 AM

Jul 2017
Yay more vampires!

Only problem is Liden Films...
Nov 11, 2021 10:36 AM

Nov 2019
First Aharen and then Yofukashi, looks like I have to stop reading manga and rather just wait for the anime adaptation~
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Nov 11, 2021 3:54 PM

Mar 2014
RobertBobert said:
Again shounen and again vampires. Is Japan ruled by the shadow government of teenage vampires? And if without jokes only it seems to me that the Japanese are gradually moving from bishoujo to dominant oneesan?

Superior fetish.

BTW, the guy becomes vamp after being bitten, or is one of those stories when the vamp needs to do a little extra to spread their species?
FGO NA Code: 482.072.599

(F2P thug life of savings...)

Ben-to! best nonsensical action anime. Ever.
Nov 14, 2021 12:40 PM

Jul 2019
I'll put it on my watch list, it looks good...
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Nov 14, 2021 6:40 PM
Nov 2021
Hope it gets 2 cours. The early part of the manga is solid and charming, but the latter half is a definite step up.

Lidenfilms definitely gives some cause for hesitation and Itamura is a divisive choice. Fortunately Yofukashi no Uta doesn't demand a class adaptation, just a competent one.
Jul 23, 2022 10:16 PM
Jul 2022
TweedleDane said:
Well well ..... I fully expected it to get an anime adaptation . The material showed every signs of it , from the plot and story to the reception of it .
I read the first chapters , and well...... The mc was just extremely cringey and eyerolling to read , but I loved the art and the character designs . The pacing as well made up for a decent enough read , but he was just way too aggravating . Might just get the 1st volume and check it out again , heard viz picked it up .

On the other hand , PV looks insanely good . I am not sure if this is pre-made or actual footage , but the directing and the color scheme is brilliant . (Although it could use a bit of toning down on some parts . But that's a conversation for another day...)

But this is lidenfilms , trust for them doesn't come easy . Past experiences are way too muddy for that.

As usual , fingers crossed for a viewable experience.

hello can i ask if nakuza nanakusa is a yandere type?
Jul 23, 2022 10:17 PM
Jul 2022
SeiyaTempest said:
I started reading the manga around Halloween and now an anime adaptation gets announced, talk about great timing.

The animation looks good too. Definitely hyped for this.
hello i just want to ask if nakuza nanakusa is a yandere type?

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
1 hour ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
2 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
2 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

8 by AddaeAkono »»
5 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.