Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2021 2:06 PM

Apr 2017
I shamefully admit that, since the anime was first announced, I wanted to watch this just because it was furry anime (and we don't get those frequently, let alone the writing quality some have), BUT the mystery part was also a thing that brought me into this show, and this was the thing that made me keep watching during the 13 weeks this aired.

Despite the Deus-Ex Machina we got at episode 10, everything was fantastic, including the way everything was connected and explained. Well, I haven't checked out the audio dramas or the ballpoint pen's recordings; nonetheless, this didn't make me enjoy this anime less than I did.

I also admit that, out of every 2021 anime I have watched until now and maybe further (excluding To Your Eternity), this was the only series that made me crazily go "Wow!!", especially during this very last episode, when the human appearances of the characters were being revealed.

Some sub-plots may not have closed in the best way, but it doesn't mean it wasn't good. All of it was satisfying indeed. Also, oh that final scene. Damn writer, you played it well. However, the story and dialogues were amazing. Props to him and the director, as well as the staff, for that.

I was planning to rate this with an 8/10, but a 9 suits well (my enjoyment score helped it).

What a thrilling ride! I'll miss this.
No community will be as misunderstood as the furry community. Uh... I guess?
Jun 28, 2021 2:07 PM

Sep 2020
This is definently a modern masterpiece!
Jun 28, 2021 2:08 PM

Oct 2018
Holy shit what a plot twist.

Another great show from this season.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jun 28, 2021 2:23 PM

Jun 2013
Ashhk said:
The revelations were incredible I'm shocked, ... definitely the best original anime of the season in my opinion

Nice you were "Shocked"... I wasn't and was hoping for most of it...
Everything fell into place like a fine jigsaw, but the murderer expose at the end was "OMG".
Even before the flashbacks the idea that everything was from his viewpoint was a little apparent and fun...
The Yakuza being a good guy was a nice Japanese trope, but we both teared up at the organisation that helped him out...The "Orphans of Traffic accidents"...
Why can't we have nice things like Japan here?! (I know, I know..)
Cheers.
Stay Young and Watch Anime......el psy congroo
Jun 28, 2021 2:24 PM

Oct 2019
Seriously?! Im being interrupted by a car?!
I loved that scene so much
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Jun 28, 2021 2:25 PM

Sep 2011
Great show and great final episode though gotta say the last bit was maybe a bit too dark for me.

Luxeraph said:

Heck the whole reveal looks like an OVA tease, I mean why else show who the killer is and that she's after the protagonist in the last scene?

I don't think this was meant to tease anything, It seems far more likely they are just implying Odakawa dies without directly showing it, but also leaving enough ambiguity for the viewer to be able picture something else happens.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 28, 2021 2:26 PM

Aug 2016
Very good show, but the ending was a bit rushed.
I would've preferred a longer episode to give us a better closure to some characters.
I still don't know about the role of the "Homo Sapiens" comedy duo, what was their purpose exactly?
That Odokawa is now "healed" is also a bit... well, unrealistic.

And after those last seconds, we now definitely need a second season. Hopefully it will not start with a missing taxi driver.

OddTaxi 8/10. The surprise of this season.
Ego = 1 / Knowledge | "More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego." Albert Einstein
My ratings:
Jun 28, 2021 2:33 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
So many plot twists wrapped up in a very nice manner! I loved it from beginning to the very odd end. 9/10 and a hug to the nurse and doctor... in fact all the characters were huggable. LOL
Jun 28, 2021 2:39 PM

Jan 2012
Wonderful ending! But Shirakawa once again ruined all the greatness, It's like she is a deus ex machina herself. I still think that her saving Odakawa a few eps back was out of nowhere and now she jumps in the water and saves him again ... oh well, it's a bit sad that writers came up with a such a cool thought through story but gave us these Shirakawa stupidity scenes.

Odd Taxi is one of the better shows this season (well, 86 is way better direction-wise, but in terms of story and characters depth Odd Taxi is a definite win) and deserves a 9. Maybe 8+, but it's great nevertheless.
Jun 28, 2021 2:48 PM
Mar 2015
So the murderer was the girl substituted for the murdered girl after she killed her. She also took a cab ride with our hero again and is still dreaming of killing her way to the top At least he stopped seeing people as animals
Jun 28, 2021 2:48 PM
Pancake

Feb 2014
A show I never thought I'd enjoy ended up being a true masterpiece for me, Loved it!!!
Jun 28, 2021 2:57 PM

Apr 2018
One thing kinda bugging me, this psycho girl put in the phone with a gps inside his taxi right, why did she do that? Was it suspicion or did she know about the gacha dude?
Isekai for the brain, CGDCT for the heart
Yuri for the pain and seiyuus for the soul.

Jun 28, 2021 3:05 PM
Jul 2017
One of the most satisfying endings I’ve seen in a while. Holy hell the scene where he drives off the dead end into the water was so beautiful I almost teared up. What a way to end the show. 10/10 for me.
Jun 28, 2021 3:11 PM

Sep 2009
I correctly guessed the murderer 2 weeks ago, but I still thought it will end differently.

On the one hand I want S2 or a couple more eps to wrap up remaining plotlines and the ending, but on the other hand it is fine as it is.

So I will be happy with either.
Jun 28, 2021 3:16 PM
Jan 2018
Wow, what a show, what an ending. I, like others, suspected the human aspect of the show from the beginning. The closure that came from seeing everyone as humans is gratifying, yet when I first saw humans, I was still offput because I was so used to seeing animals. Such a well written and well-paced show. Easy AOTY for me. 10/10 anime - limited animation and all things considered, 10/10 anime.
Jun 28, 2021 3:16 PM
Jan 2018
Wow, what a show, what an ending. I, like others, suspected the human aspect of the show from the beginning. The closure that came from seeing everyone as humans is gratifying, yet when I first saw humans, I was still offput because I was so used to seeing animals. Such a well written and well-paced show. Easy AOTY for me. 10/10 anime - limited animation and all things considered, 10/10 anime.
Jun 28, 2021 3:18 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So for the final episode we get Odakawa's backstory in which he had trouble talking to humans, but loved animals. Turns out that Odakawa has suffered from a cognitive disorder that allowed him to see a world full of animals through his eyes after the accident and is the main reason why he can't sleep at night. The car chase ended with Odakawa crashing his taxi into the water. Luckily, Odakawa was saved byShirakawa by pulling him out of the sunken vehicle. When Odakawa finally woke up in the ambulance, he see things normally and it was strange seeing the characters as humans after seeing them as animals for so long.

However, the mystery behind the girl that was murdered after being picked up by Odakawa was never solved as it turns out that the girl was murdered by the person who replaced her in Mystery Kiss and is now targeting Odakawa.

Odd Taxi was a fun ride that I never wanted to end and I'm so glad I took a chance on this one as it became a hidden gem of the season.

10/10
Jun 28, 2021 3:18 PM
Feb 2021
Everything was so goodddd and we actually got to see the REAL world. I never would have thought that. It was amazing. Though the only thing I am nitpicking is that everything was answered in one episode and that this was kinda the episode that answered everything (which I don't normally like), but the whole thing went so smoothly, so it was fine. But I really liked the last episode :) Since everyone is writing their score, mine is 9/10 for the whole series👌
CAN20Jun 28, 2021 3:26 PM
Jun 28, 2021 3:20 PM
Jul 2017
xBestGirlx said:
Straight 10/10 for me, an instant classic.

Also, can we just appreciate the scene where

I have never cried from an anime before but there have been a few times where I’ve gotten close. That shit brought me damn near tears it was so beautiful 😭
Jun 28, 2021 3:22 PM

Feb 2010
tanmay541091 said:
One thing kinda bugging me, this psycho girl put in the phone with a gps inside his taxi right, why did she do that? Was it suspicion or did she know about the gacha dude?

We saw the phone handover just before she got into the taxi. Tanaka simply asked her to put it in there, that's all there is to it, as per the manga. No deep connection, just somebody asking somebody else for a favor - and we know that Watagaki has no qualms about doing shady stuff.
Jun 28, 2021 3:23 PM
Feb 2021
Phlaryx said:
xBestGirlx said:

I have never cried from an anime before but there have been a few times where I’ve gotten close. That shit brought me damn near tears it was so beautiful 😭

I almost cried too O.o Though not really Xd
Jun 28, 2021 3:27 PM

Apr 2018
DarkChaplain said:
tanmay541091 said:

We saw the phone handover just before she got into the taxi. Tanaka simply asked her to put it in there, that's all there is to it, as per the manga. No deep connection, just somebody asking somebody else for a favor - and we know that Watagaki has no qualms about doing shady stuff.

ah true true, I checked it up, just another coincidence, I see. What a ride man, no room for any kind of doubts.
Isekai for the brain, CGDCT for the heart
Yuri for the pain and seiyuus for the soul.

Jun 28, 2021 3:32 PM

Nov 2011
In reply to a prediction I made back in episode 11
SoraSenpai said:

The most logical answer imo is Sakura Wadagaki aka Imposter Yuki Mitsuya. Mainly because when Odokawa saw the real Yuki Mitsuya on the News he said "It's not her" meaning that the Girl he dropped off at the agency was a look a like AKA Sakura

Welp nailed that one. And the theory that Odokawa had severe brain issues which resulted in him seeing animals was true as well.

My biggest flaws with this episode though was:
1. I wish they would have done Odokawas back story when he woke up. I think him waking up and seeing Humans would have been more of an impact for Us, the viewers, then seeing his story unfold during the chase.

2. The open ended Ending is terrible. Why have it? Odokawa even said he was going to go to the Police as well so why is it even an option. (Though Idk how she's going to take down Odokawa but =/ )

Also if you're confused about the Cat in Odokawa's closet. He had a sense of relief that he actually brought home a cat and didn't bring home a person while in Walrus form.

For me the ending and the approach of this anime fell in this finale. Still very good I'd give it a solid 8/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 28, 2021 3:36 PM

Jun 2019
This anime was my biggest surprise of the year.

It was great in pretty much every aspect throughout the entire season. Quite incredible consistency. It stuck the ending too, which is always a worry with original anime.

Honestly, I don’t have much gripes, but for some reason I can’t give this a score above an 8. Maybe it was because there were so many different narratives that the ending didn’t hit me as hard as I feel it should have.

Nevertheless, it is one of the best anime of this year. Solid 8/10.
Jun 28, 2021 3:52 PM
Sep 2020
what a chilling and amazing finale

the murderer straight up telling her mom she killed the original idol, not to mention the fact that she killed the bar owner lady in the audio drama, and then we end with the implication that odokawa will be murdered…

rarely does an ending leave me feeling dread like that.

10/10, my anime of the season, and my current front runner for anime of the year
Jun 28, 2021 3:59 PM

Jul 2013
my god, what a FANTASTIC show. more of this, please! PLEASE!!! just, more well written adult content that doesn't overly rely on violence or sex please... this was so friggin' refreshing. 10/10, anime of the season, quite possibly anime of the year in my books depending on what else we've got coming our way.

that cliff-hanger was a shocker, but i wouldn't mind betting the conclusion to that is coming bundled with the final dvd/bluray- i'm just copy & pasting but this is what i said elsewhere: "i wouldn't mind bettering we get a sort of slice-of-life thing in the first half, with that promised zoo date, then it slowly transitions into a flashback and we see how everything at the end of episode 13 went down or something idk"
Jun 28, 2021 4:07 PM

Jul 2013
xBestGirlx said:

MANNNNNN THAT SCENE!!!! TwT this show has been consistently excellent throughout but that scene specifically felt so artful and heartfelt.. it was another reminder that if this studio keeps doing what it did for this show, it'll go places... might honestly become one of the big studios people get excited about, like kyoani
Jun 28, 2021 4:33 PM

Sep 2018
There were a lot of giveaways for some of the things very early on, even in the OP. But it was still very well written and puzzled together. 9/10.
Jun 28, 2021 4:33 PM

May 2007
The series was brilliant, and I hope he told the coppers about her and that they're ready to grab as she entered his vehicle with the possible intent to kill.

Dang, I just want to know what happened.

Overall, my favourite of the season and a 10/10 from me.
Jun 28, 2021 4:36 PM
Oct 2016
That they would have been animals only in Odokawa's head makes the series from 7/10 to 9/10.

best script so far this year because I hate furries so much
Jun 28, 2021 4:50 PM
May 2019
Nice plot twist . To be honest i didn't expect that.
One of the good show in this season !
8/10
Jun 28, 2021 4:52 PM

May 2008
They still havent addressed the plot hole of Shirakawa saving Odokawa in episode 10. It was not her tracking device that was in his car, since he did manage to lure Tanaka to the parking lot with it and Tanaka was holding a phone with the gps beeping on it. There was no way for anyone to know beforehand where Odakawa was heading, since Yamamoto was giving him directions. Real shame, feels like a cop out by the author. If Odokawa dies there, the plot can't progress, so there was no point in writing that scene that was if he had no way out aside from a Deus machina.
Not counting the plot hole, the story is very well written. It's really not easy to nail the thematic consistency like this, while writing believable characters with intertwining story threads that all end up in the same place. 9/10
Jun 28, 2021 5:01 PM

Jan 2011
Wow... that has to be the best anime ending ever. Not only is this the best anime of the season but I think the best anime of the year so far. I don't see much knocking it off. I am in tears at how well done this was. Now to wait for it to be dub.

10 out of 10
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jun 28, 2021 5:01 PM
Jul 2018
what ending was this my god that happened to odokawa it was something sinister and tense I did not expect it to be so good this show reached a point that had great explanations as the ending revealed that it had really killed the idol who was dead than the reason for her death it was hanging I'm speechless to the great odokawa that his illness is very tense 9/10.
Jun 28, 2021 5:03 PM

Jan 2011
Morningrise said:
They still havent addressed the plot hole of Shirakawa saving Odokawa in episode 10. It was not her tracking device that was in his car, since he did manage to lure Tanaka to the parking lot with it and Tanaka was holding a phone with the gps beeping on it. There was no way for anyone to know beforehand where Odakawa was heading, since Yamamoto was giving him directions. Real shame, feels like a cop out by the author. If Odokawa dies there, the plot can't progress, so there was no point in writing that scene that was if he had no way out aside from a Deus machina.
Not counting the plot hole, the story is very well written. It's really not easy to nail the thematic consistency like this, while writing believable characters with intertwining story threads that all end up in the same place. 9/10
I think it was just a guess on her part but solid point. I don't think Odokawa dies there because Yamaoto creates another problem for himself.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jun 28, 2021 5:10 PM
Aug 2019
Perfect ending for a perfect anime. That cliffhanger tho, but we all just know Odokawa is for sure dead after that taxi ride, she has been looking for him so she can kill him. Just so sad after all, he has recovered from his illness and now's capable of looking to humans and he's just gonna die right after that... Also, looking everyone in their human form was kind of beautiful to watch, it's nice to see how they're pretty accurate of how I could imagine them if they were humans, also happy Tanaka didn't end his life, that wonderful scene where the taxi is flying and causing different reactions to everyone... Thanks Oddtaxi, you deserve more popularity. 10/10
Jun 28, 2021 5:14 PM

Sep 2020

This girl's even more nightmarish than the rest of the cast combined, and that's an incredible feat if you ask me.
Jun 28, 2021 5:23 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Sure, its not a freakin shiny sakugafest like Vivy but, goddamn, that was easily the best anime this season. I really want to give it a 10, and maybe i will after it marinates a bit but there's a couple of stuff here and here that stops me from doing it at the moment, like the fact that Shirakawa randomly pops up to save Odagawa in episode 10 and there's no reason given for it... it just happened.

Strong 9.

STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 28, 2021 5:47 PM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
You gotta be kidding me.

Not even 100k people watched this SUPER plot twist.

Easily one of the best anime episode I've ever watched.
Jun 28, 2021 6:02 PM

Oct 2008
It's an amazing anime season when this isn't the obvious AOTS for me, but alas, I'm looking at two others in competition. I definitely need more time to think on it, but this show is still easily the most overlooked and daring for what it set out to do. Easily the most original and iron-clad in the construction of its plot and characters.

What a goddamn joy this show has been. Odokawa might just be one of my favorite anime characters ever. Whatever the creators decide to do - attempt a season 2 or let it be - I'm in with it knowing that they have the chops to adhere to their vision and inspiration, no matter the outcome.
DangerrJun 28, 2021 6:06 PM
Jun 28, 2021 6:11 PM

May 2008
I think it was just a guess on her part but solid point. I don't think Odokawa dies there because Yamaoto creates another problem for himself.

Oh come on, a guess? That's too far fetched.
Imagine the city where you live in.
Right now at this very moment, a murder might be occurring. Try guessing where. Now imagine the odds of you actually guessing right. But this case is astronomically more unlikely, because it's Tokyo. Not to mention that this was at some kind of construction site somewhere outside the city.
Jun 28, 2021 6:15 PM

Jul 2011
I need a second season following Sakura's steps of serial killing for me to give it a 10/10 rather than a 9/10.

She killed Yuki and Taeko, will kill Odokawa, will kill Satoshi if she didn't do it already, and then she will kill Shiho to go solo, it can't end like that!

She got lucky with the first body disposal, but what will she do about Taeko, Satoshi, and Odokawa?
Jun 28, 2021 6:18 PM

Jun 2019
My 150th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 7/10 rating.
Jun 28, 2021 6:18 PM

Jan 2011
Took me way too long to figure out who the killer was. I guess I'm not as sharp as I used to be. The pen thing was also confusing. Why was a bugged pen being passed around from person to person, and why did the killer take it? I don't know. 7/10.
Jun 28, 2021 6:38 PM

Nov 2019
That audio drama tho. 13.13 is a must listen that goes with the ending of this anime!
Jun 28, 2021 6:50 PM
Jul 2018
Twist after twist after twist... What an incredible journey it was, each episode was able to captivate my attention more than I can describe with mere words, to the point the show as a whole felt way longer than 13 episodes.
Jun 28, 2021 6:51 PM
Mar 2009
Sure, things look bad for Odokawa in that final shot, but history has shown us that Sakura's getting her head kicked in by a certain nurse if she tries anything.
Jun 28, 2021 7:28 PM

Mar 2010
Rip walrus man, the crazy black cat is in his car. Shirakawa is one beautiful lady!! I wonder if him getting strangled earlier was a sign D: and did odokawa tell the police about the black cat..
Jun 28, 2021 7:32 PM

Jul 2012
OMG THAT ENDING! WTF!!!
So the killer was actually the impostor girl after all! And she's after Odokawa! God, I hope we get at least an OVA to get that being resolved.

I, like many others, realized the "plot twist" since the first episodes but I didn't expect that we would get to see them all in their human form! I was shocked when he woke up on the hospital and they were human again lol
Shirakawa is SO cute!

I loved the scene where everybody sees the taxi going down. Just awesome.

Well, this was certainly an AMAZING ride. I'm SO glad that I gave this anime a chance, I truly never expected that I would like it this much. It's definitely my "New anime-AOTS/AOTY" so far!
Jun 28, 2021 7:32 PM

Apr 2018
Holy crap what an ending, I did not expect that at all. I knew it, she was the one who killed the idol because she wanted a spot and im so surprised that they never found out that she really did it. What a spicy ending for such a good anime. 9/10
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 21, 2021

94 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 17, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 14, 2021

98 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 17, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 31, 2021

86 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 16, 10:08 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 24, 2021

87 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 16, 9:44 AM

Poll: » Odd Taxi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 3, 2021

90 by MickeyMinaj »»
Apr 16, 3:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.