Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (38) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2021 4:06 PM

Jul 2020
Anyone have a cropped version of Armong's smirky face when he said that he found someone. I need to make that my pfp...
Apr 7, 2021 4:07 PM

May 2016
The show should have ended at 138, 139 is the forbidden chapter.
Apr 7, 2021 4:08 PM

Mar 2016
Shit ending. In an Instant i regret that i started and wasted my time 8 years long for this shit ending. Shame on you Isayama
Apr 7, 2021 4:08 PM
Nov 2020
I mean, as far as I can tell the only egregiously bad thing is Ymir being in love with King Fritz. People who think this ruins Eren’s character missed chapter 131 apparently. It’s a very very mid ending, but it’s really not THAT bad.
Apr 7, 2021 4:11 PM

Jul 2010
chickenpig543 said:
aTrueKingofEldia said:

the leaks were real, that's enough to know that the chapter is shit, you need just one than more braincell to believe that it's shit

the part that pissed me off more was the fact that ymir was "a slave of love" to basically a pedo/rapist i find so dumb.

also the part where Eren did the rumbling and all that shit just because he wanted to/felt like it.

hopefully the complete chapter isnt that bad.

omfg he reduced a girl who was a victim and used and he made her being raped and justified that because she fell in love with her abuser wtf i followed as a female ex fan of this series can anyone justify this shit

can anyone also justify eren treating the woman he loves like that, can someone explain hpw hisu being pregnant fron her bully is satisfying?

Eren literally killed his mother to be a simp... like shippers wake up how do you like that?
Griff-ithApr 7, 2021 4:14 PM

Apr 7, 2021 4:11 PM

Sep 2018
The mean score of the last 20 reviews is 3.35, wow...
Apr 7, 2021 4:12 PM

Aug 2018
Things that I absolutely hated: The fact that Yimir loves Fritz and Eren's pathetic and cringy talk about wanting Mikasa to only love him forever.

Things that kind of annoyed me: Eren killing his mother which could bring many inconsistencies in the story.

Everything else was fine for me, or more like I couldn't care less. Overall manga score: 7/10 seems about right
Apr 7, 2021 4:16 PM

Jan 2019
Attack on Titan ended in Season 3 Part 2. Everything else is your imagination and manga is bad fan fiction.

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
Apr 7, 2021 4:18 PM
Nov 2014
hayzi said:
UnattractiveGuy said:
where are you all reading this chapter ? can give me a link pls ?
its on page 8, just scroll til you find, should be the twitter link, if not, imgur
eren really did loved mikasa from that translation leak pages haha, em canon ?

everyone has happy ending besides eren, he apparently reincarnated into a bird ? need to wait for official release first.
Apr 7, 2021 4:21 PM

Mar 2019
UnattractiveGuy said:
hayzi said:
its on page 8, just scroll til you find, should be the twitter link, if not, imgur
eren really did loved mikasa from that translation leak pages haha, em canon ?

everyone has happy ending besides eren, he apparently reincarnated into a bird ? need to wait for official release first.
yeah its a fuckfest lmao, i'm gonna wait for official release myself. crazy we have the entire chapter leaked, but still no chapter title even tho that's usually the first thing to get leaked
Apr 7, 2021 4:21 PM

Jul 2017
I lost interest in this manga a long time back, hell I don't even like the Marley arc and the stuff that happens after. But it's really taken the plot direction to end here. Wow. Definitely a really bad manga that like most shounen manga, just stumbles massively at the end (although for me it stumbled long before this point unlike most people).

I have to rate it a 2. I just never enjoyed the manga since I hated the drawings here compared to the anime so my enjoyment wasn't too high, and the intensity was nowhere near as much either, especially with the portion that I liked in AoT during the anime. And then stupid stuff happened and ended like this. Not much positive feelings and recollections while reading it, so definitely not earned a decent enough rating from me. Won't miss it one bit but it is the end of one of the biggest manga of all time so definitely will remember it, even if its for the pure shit quality the writing and drawings are.
animejasApr 8, 2021 2:07 PM
Apr 7, 2021 4:22 PM

Aug 2017
so my man floch died over this shit reason?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2021 4:22 PM

Mar 2019
k4fourteen said:
so my man floch died over this shit reason?
yup. chad floch died because eren is a simp for mikasa, you hate to see it
Apr 7, 2021 4:23 PM

Jan 2017
Well.... I don't know if it was just cause of the translations I read but it felt like pretty much nothing was conclusive other than the titans not being a thing anymore along with Paradis becoming some sort of militaristic force now. Eren really did die wtf. We still didn't find out who the father is, I guess it is implying it was the farmer all along but maybe he was an adoptive father? Seems like Mikasa won't move on from Eren, I guess understandably so but damn she really can't do anything without it being related to Eren.

Regardless with all the issues I have with this ending, it doesn't ruin this manga much because at its peak Isayama made it ridiculously good and it was definitely one of the best mangas I've read. For that by itself I think he did a good job. I really wish the ending was better though but I can't say my time was wasted reading this. Going to feel weird not waiting anxiously for the new AoT chapter at the start of the month, was a fun journey time to wait for the anime I guess lol.
Apr 7, 2021 4:25 PM
Jul 2018
I don't read manga but this ending seems trash , I think im gonna drink bleach later lol
Apr 7, 2021 4:25 PM

May 2019
"L-Let's wait for the original anime end!"

Plot Twist

Isayama made this end exactly because and according MAPPA interests.

Apr 7, 2021 4:26 PM
Apr 2016
Well, we wanted Eren's definitive POV and we got it... All I gotta say is Lelouch did it better. It sucks Eren had to die but after all that suffering, I'm kinda glad the rest of the main cast got salvation and a chance at a happy life. They deserve it.

Overall, not the worst ending, but a very uninspired one for sure.
CruicruiseApr 7, 2021 4:54 PM
Apr 7, 2021 4:30 PM

Sep 2019
Man that was just painful to read.

Not gonna pull a 180 but I guess Isayama kept his promise that he would make everyone suffer in the end. I mean the man must have known what the reaction would have been to this and yet he did it any way. In a sense, I guess this is the most SnK-ish ending anyone could have thought of: one that makes everyone reading it suffer at the thought of the ending that could have been.
Apr 7, 2021 4:30 PM
Apr 2017
this is hot garbage and it severely downgrades the entire manga for me, went from a 9/10 to a 7/10 at best this is literally game of thrones level, absolute just fell off a cliff.
Apr 7, 2021 4:31 PM
Sep 2016
Fuck you, Isayama
Apr 7, 2021 4:33 PM

Aug 2017
_Kenzoku_ said:
The real enemy of Attack on Titan was Alzheimer's disease and Stockholm syndrome

lmaao this comment is the best soo far, 10/10 ngl
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2021 4:35 PM

Apr 2020
THANK YOU ISAYAMA. I WILL NOW BUY A TICKET TO YOUR ONSEN

beep boop bop pow
Apr 7, 2021 4:37 PM

Feb 2021
So. Eren had no idea why he was doing what he was doing? Okay. So that's clear now. What this manga is about.
Eren was never Eren, he was manipulated by Ymir from his very birth. So was Mikasa. So that everything reaches this point, and Ymir sees Mikasa kill Eren
The thing is Ymir loves King fritz and could never say no to him, could never go against him. She died protecting him, and continued to serve afterwards because she had a regret. The regret was her inability to go against him. So she created this entire story, so that Mikasa can do it in her stead, and by seeing it - she freed herself.
So why did anything ever happen you ask me? Simple - Ymir needed it to happen.
Eren found Mikasa with the traffickers how? - Because Ymir
5 year old Eren acted like a maniac killing them why? - Because Ymir
Eren ignored Mikasa up until this point why - Because Ymir. She didn't want them together. She needed Mikasa to fall in love with him and then kill him
Why did Eren not use Historia and instead went for Marley+Revolution? - Because Ymir needed it to happen so that Eren ruins his relationship with Mikasa. And then she kills him.

Eren isn't ooc in 138 and 139. He is ooc during the entirety of the manga, doing what Ymir needs him to do to fulfill her fantasy.
Eren we knew was simply always a fake.
Any questions?
Apr 7, 2021 4:37 PM
Feb 2021
For me it was a fine ending especially if the other ending was with everyone dying, people really overreact lol
Apr 7, 2021 4:38 PM

May 2020
Bruh how many years did it take to just reach this ending whaaat XD
Apr 7, 2021 4:40 PM

Mar 2019
_Kenzoku_ said:
The real enemy of Attack on Titan was Alzheimer's disease and Stockholm syndrome
facts LMAO, that shit was wild
Apr 7, 2021 4:42 PM

Aug 2020
I expect for a nice ending for them but isn't its really fine enough maybe is a 5/10 for this chap and overall is a 7/10 for me is a good manga and plot is really great stop hating Isayama he did a great job to creat this.

Apr 7, 2021 4:42 PM
May 2014
After all the hatred that this chapter is gaining, do you think they will change the end of the anime?
Apr 7, 2021 4:46 PM

Mar 2019
Sombric said:
After all the hatred that this chapter is gaining, do you think they will change the end of the anime?
honestly, its a possibility, i doubt it would actually happen tho tbh
Apr 7, 2021 4:49 PM
Sep 2020
So..... Isayama's true intention to betray and breaks all of the fans heart is success(?).
Apr 7, 2021 4:55 PM
Sep 2020
_Endless_ said:
Things that I absolutely hated: The fact that Yimir loves Fritz and Eren's pathetic and cringy talk about wanting Mikasa to only love him forever.

Things that kind of annoyed me: Eren killing his mother which could bring many inconsistencies in the story.

Everything else was fine for me, or more like I couldn't care less. Overall manga score: 7/10 seems about right

Hey, btw, where did you read that Eren kill his mother?
Apr 7, 2021 4:57 PM

Mar 2019
Zeke is the better brother. Zeke is the better brother. Zeke is the better brother.

Zeke's plan should've happened. Would've been way better than this shit. Eldians could've fucked without getting pregnant, but instead Eren fucked all Eldians with an useless ass rumbling. Sigh
Apr 7, 2021 4:58 PM
Mar 2021
Sombric said:

Haha. Don't count on it.
Apr 7, 2021 4:59 PM

Jul 2020
Season 1: Titans vs Human
Season 2: Titans vs Titans
Season 3: Humans vs Humans
Season 4: Eren vs World
Chapter 139: Betrayal of people's expectations

why did Yama limit himself to only 139 chapters? The 13 yrs and 9 titans are cool but don't mean anything. The manga could have gone much longer answering plot points so it'll be easily understood.

There is more to the world than just Marley and Paradise Island, there is that Asian clan, Mid-eastern race, the southern part of Paradise Island.
Worldbuilding could have been one of the best we've seen.
OmniScience5Apr 7, 2021 5:03 PM
If you think Eren sacrificed for nothing, you're smoking

Apr 7, 2021 5:00 PM
Feb 2018
6/10 endimg not because i hated Disney-kind of ending but how they make Eren as Shinji v.2 and disconnected a lot of battle plots.

Still 10/10 series though.
Apr 7, 2021 5:02 PM

Mar 2014
Absolute peak fiction.
Apr 7, 2021 5:11 PM
Jan 2019
people here need to grow, you are all acting like children when their mom refuses to buy you a candy
Apr 7, 2021 5:12 PM

Apr 2017
loquesea57 said:
I am so sad Isayama took a dump on Eren's character. It's like he didn't want people to like Eren so he just destroyed him.

I mean, this is what happens with those kinds of characters that endorse mass killing for the sake of a goal. Near the end you see them act inconsistent and it may lower their worth in the eyes of the audience.

See: the difference in Thanos characterization from IW to Endgame is vast. Aside from that, the writing in Death Note tanked when L died (and to be more subjective, I felt like the next arc had Light become more irredeemable). Sometimes I wonder if the publishers even allow the authors to have stories where a villain with that kind ideology wins.

That aside, they could have made a story in this final arc about how genocide is bad without making the titanshifters from Eldia/Marley team-up feel forced and without making Eren's character seem inconsistent.
iSpadeApr 7, 2021 6:40 PM
Apr 7, 2021 5:18 PM
Dec 2020
KneelBeforeMe said:
I hope this ending is hated worldwide. I know most Japanese fans wanted Eren to lose but will they be satisfied with this shit? Lots of them enjoyed the garbage ending of Demon Slayer so I guess I got my answer.

Even with the Rumbling arc being underwhelming, I was planning on buying every volume of AOT and reread it entirely in the future. Aint no fucking way I’m spending money on this series with how 139 took a crap on everything that came before it. I dont even want to buy volume 30 anymore which covered “peak AOT”.
I also wanted to buy volume 23-30 but fuck it. And no, go to twitter there are many brain dead people defending this shit. Japanese audience are pathetic too with their final fantasy happy ending shit every time
Attack on Titan ended with chapter 123 and 130/131 is the epilogue
Apr 7, 2021 5:19 PM
Sep 2020
NextUniverse said:
MAPPAEN said:

I gave it 8/10. It's solid 8/10 but man after years of following this manga and the potnetil it has. It could've been easily 10/10 manga but it's good manga with meh ending. I noticed some kind of pattern in every japanese mangaka. They always have some good story (most of them art) and when the story is coming to an end the always Rush the ending. Why? Just why?

AOT, CSM, Berserk (lmao), I think Demon Slayer(?), TPN. Wow. So many meh endings in manga. The best ending I have seen has to be Madoka Magica, like the only one that springs to mind.

I am not going to call AOT "very fucking shit", but it is a little disheartening for sure. lol.

You're fuckin right, brother. I'm gonna stick to Madoka Magica as my personal best series ever.
Apr 7, 2021 5:24 PM

Dec 2008
I absolutely loved this ending, it's so bittersweet just like the manga overall. Having Mikasa making the choice Ymir couldn't do, Eren leaving the world to the people he cared about and even him admitting he didn't want to die at some point.

I'm glad I was part of this ride.
Apr 7, 2021 5:26 PM

Mar 2014
iSpade said:
loquesea57 said:
I am so sad Isayama took a dump on Eren's character. It's like he didn't want people to like Eren so he just destroyed him.

I mean, this is what happens with those kinds of characters.

See: the difference in Thanos character from IW and Endgame. Even Light in death note. Sometimes I wonder if the publishers allow the authors to have stories where a villain with that ideology wins.

That aside, they could have made a story in this final arc about how genocide is bad without making the titanshifters from Eldia/Marley team-up feel forced and without making Eren's character seem inconsistent

I think this chapter is the result of Isayama trying to redeem Eren. This is shown by how most 104th members started crying when they realized he's Lelouching (nvm that he didnt need to do that bc besides his friends almost the whole island was supporting him). In order to make Eren a hero again and likeable to everyone's eyes, he made him lament everything, halfass his way through an incomplete and dumbass plan and suddenly simp for Mikasa. Now, why he had to do that idk
Apr 7, 2021 5:27 PM

Mar 2016
1/10. One of the most overpraised and overly popular anime/manga series wasted away by THE MOST underwhelming and unsatisfactory conclusions I've ever seen in all of fiction. Seeing this and knowing that the fanbases are currently doing all they can to inflate the scores of the anime seasons has just had me besides myself with the grown irrationality of the fanbases this franchise has procured through the years.
I know I never cared much about the stuff that happened after the Wall Maria arc, though it had inconsistent writing prior to that even that, but geezus, for something so messy and chaotic to just conclude with a whimper....just wasteful, indeed.
Apr 7, 2021 5:30 PM
Feb 2021
I really don't get why people are so mad about this chapter.

Maybe you wanted a version in which everyone dies?
My personal theory that it was Eren himself who caused his mother to be killed, is finally proven, and I'm happy.

The overall story is still dark, the final bittersweet, lots o f symbolism here and there.
This manga has been a journey and I appreciated every last bit of it, including the not so perfect finale.
Apr 7, 2021 5:33 PM

Aug 2015
Danae said:

I think this chapter is the result of Isayama trying to redeem Eren. This is shown by how most 104th members started crying when they realized he's Lelouching (nvm that he didnt need to do that bc besides his friends almost the whole island was supporting him). In order to make Eren a hero again and likeable to everyone's eyes, he made him lament everything, halfass his way through an incomplete and dumbass plan and suddenly simp for Mikasa. Now, why he had to do that idk

I´m not even a Lelouch fan (and the last movie just fucked his character) but man, Lelouch had a better plan, better motivations and better writing (on his own character). yes, he absolutely asspulled his way through the entirety of the second season (specially against Charles, god damn do I hate that arc) but the character was consistent. The only moment the Brittain kid broke his emotions were with Nunally, and that´s THE only person on the series that he wished for absolute happiness, so it was justified. Eren was unstable. I dont think he was bad (even though I didn´t like his 180° change to "the bad guy" at the beginning of Marley) but nah, he´s nowhere Lelouch.
Apr 7, 2021 5:35 PM

Mar 2014
DovahDogma said:
I really don't get why people are so mad about this chapter.

Maybe you wanted a version in which everyone dies?
My personal theory that it was Eren himself who caused his mother to be killed, is finally proven, and I'm happy.

The overall story is still dark, the final bittersweet, lots o f symbolism here and there.
This manga has been a journey and I appreciated every last bit of it, including the not so perfect finale.

It's your opinion of course but as far as his mom being killed is concerned, people (including me) are upset because it retcons Eren's character. We were introduced to him through the trauma of watching his mom get eaten. He asked Reiner why he killed Carla in Marley arc, a huge plot hole since he knew he was responsible for it. Eren's trauma of not helping his mom made him who he is. He was afraid of being a failure, of being helpless. If he was the one who killed his mom, his trauma makes no sense. If he didn't kill his mom, that means that he wouldn't have reached the point where the current Eren through the Founder enabled that change. If Eren's mom never died, he wouldn't have been so hellbent on killing titans nor would he have gotten Grisha's titans. This creates a huge paradox and destroys the foundation of Eren's character (the trauma of watching his mom die)
Apr 7, 2021 5:36 PM

Apr 2013
Reiner tried to warn us

Apr 7, 2021 5:37 PM
Feb 2021
I’ll say this. Idc that eren didn’t kill everyone. Why did he act this way tho? Like armin said, he comes off as pathetic, which seems honestly quite inconsistent with his character, there have been times he’s been like that but under more serious conditions. I’m aware he’s rumbling the world but why is he breaking down about wanting to live while he kills innocent children and many lives. Eren pulling a leolouch deffo ain’t terrible but it feels like his character was way too rushed at the end, well tbh he hasn’t been a character since 123 (except 131).

I actually love that he got rid of the curse tho, wish it was expanded upon. Again key word, rushed. And eren as a character, sheesh idk.
Apr 7, 2021 5:39 PM

Dec 2017
I've been around reading this manga ever since it was released, I can't understand the direction the mangaka took.

I really would like to defend his idea but to be frank it was so poorly executed and this ending feels as rushed as they come. To be frank I didn't even like the whole rumbling shit that happened, everything did end up feeling pointless.

It was a nice ride, I'll just pretend the manga ends when they reach the sea.
“There is something in this world which no one has ever seen.
It is soft and sweet.
If it is spotted, I'm sure everyone will want to have it,
Which is why no one has ever seen it.
For this world has hidden it quite well, so that it is difficult to obtain.
But, there will come a day when it is discovered by somebody,
And only those who should obtain it will be able to find it.
That is all.”

Yuyuko Takemiya
Pages (38) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Should the new "volume 35" art book with an extra chapter about Levi's backstory be considered part of this series or should it get its own entry on here?

ryan77999 - May 1

3 by nexuro01 »»
Yesterday, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 25, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.