Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 29, 2021 2:59 PM

Jan 2016
The ending of this was unintentionally the funniest scene I've ever seen in an anime I am actually fucking crying LMAO
Jan 29, 2021 3:03 PM

Apr 2015
The tutoring of Tackfam to Izumi was quite awkward at the beginning, could see Tomozaki was not used to explaining a game to "a normie". Izumi did seem really eager though, so that's good.

Emotions all running high near the end and I for sure agree on what Tomozaki said. It's bad to trash talk the effort someone put into bettering themselves. No matter what it is they want to better. For Izumi and Nakamura, it was all about being a better player, while Tomozaki who threw that massive rant, is trying to better his life in general. Effort is never in vain when you have managed to change and honestly, even if it's something little, all 3 mentioned above have changed so far.

Hinami at the end was super cute though!
Jan 29, 2021 3:59 PM

Nov 2017
lol what just happened
Jan 29, 2021 4:07 PM

Aug 2020
Wow! He really grabbed the wheel and drove with passion at this episode haha. What called my attention is the development between his friendship with Izumi, and also the scene where he stood up to defend Tackfam. Tomozaki from 3 episodes ago wouldn't handle it. Thank you, Hinami.

Jan 29, 2021 4:13 PM

Nov 2015
why people are giving it a 1? like, what? its not THAT shitty, like, its _at least_ enjoyable

i personally liked it a lot, but people giving it a 1 its just cringehating
Jan 29, 2021 4:14 PM
Nov 2020
The group dynamics in this school really reminds me of Oregairu, i.e. the popular students vs. the not-so-popular students. The way Yuzu interjected herself (to defend Nakamura) reminded me of Yuigahama.
Jan 29, 2021 5:03 PM

Feb 2011
My man literally went into a reddit argument the moment somebody called his favorite game shit. This is peak reddit anime right here.
Jan 29, 2021 7:19 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
The MC almost went full goose bozo on this one...lol. It was a nice development episode showing his progress. He still is wrapped just a tad tight about the game. Perhaps when he gets some more life interests, then he can loosen up a bit. Good series!
Jan 29, 2021 7:39 PM
Apr 2020
I guess Yuzu is out of the picture since she likes Shuji. And now, it's Fumiya's turn to teach someone else, and he's now starting to be a really good in conversations.

Fumiya burst out! Shuji really worked hard just to try to defeat Fumiya, THE #1 TACKFAM PLAYER! So, NO annoying Ericka and minions, Shuji's efforts were not put in vain since he managed to decrease Fumiya's stock, and laughing at someone's effort to be good at something is so wrong in many levels. Fumiya being around Aoi is really good, he's learning A LOT about life and other things. He now even defended someone.

AND THEY'RE GOING ON AN "REAL" DATE! Initiated by Fumiya, but Aoi clearly likes it since she compromised! Aoi and Fumiya are best for each other! lol

Jan 29, 2021 7:52 PM

Jan 2017
The first half was decent, then the second half with all that yelling was next level cringe.
Jan 29, 2021 8:49 PM

Sep 2020
dark-chaos said:
well there is one problem in this anime, they try hard to let us feel that what tomozaki doing is cool but in fact, no one really think that

the author could create a better conversation, you can't feel any depth inside the characters, for example, if you compare tomozaki with Hikigaya from Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru

as both had the same problem with not being social in school, you will find tomozaki trash no depth, someone else controls him

WTF, aren't you paying attention? Are you seriously saying the author wants to make Tomozaki look cool? LMAO, Hachiman tries to be cooler than Tomozaki, fuck no.

Literally, the scene where Tomozaki gives his speech, in the light novel we can read his nervousness and how he feels uncomfortable, but it was just too late to turn back. He was right, yes, but obviously everyone saw him as "cringe" and he knows it himself, he simply defended his favorite game and for the first time decided to say what he thought of the rest of the disgusting riajuus.

What about the Hachiman scene on the rooftop? LOOOL, Hachiman literally played the villain and then turned out to be "EDGELORD UNDERSTOOD".
Being alone is not synonymous with being lonely.

Jan 29, 2021 8:53 PM
Dec 2020
Whats his switch tag ill add tomozaki
Jan 29, 2021 9:00 PM

Sep 2011
Man that was such half cringe. Like he went full autismo teaching whats her face Not Smash but other than that he did fine there. But ooh boy, that rant at the end was hurtful. The author really should have kept the rant to only be about defending Bakugo's efforts to improve himself instead of going off on a "HOW DARE YOU BESMIRCH MY FAVORITE GAME" moment.
Jan 29, 2021 9:09 PM

Sep 2020
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Man that was such half cringe. Like he went full autismo teaching whats her face Not Smash but other than that he did fine there. But ooh boy, that rant at the end was hurtful. The author really should have kept the rant to only be about defending Bakugo's efforts to improve himself instead of going off on a "HOW DARE YOU BESMIRCH MY FAVORITE GAME" moment.

You like Kaguya, lol.

STFU

Jan 29, 2021 9:17 PM

Feb 2014
Started playin Smash Bros after watching this show. Truly a divine game that requires a lot of strategies.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 29, 2021 9:21 PM

Sep 2011
Koberu-kun said:
Red_Ranger_Wien said:

You like Kaguya, lol.

STFU

You want to elaborate a little further? Or go in the troll bin?
Jan 29, 2021 9:39 PM

Sep 2020
Red_Ranger_Wien said:
Koberu-kun said:

You like Kaguya, lol.

STFU

You want to elaborate a little further? Or go in the troll bin?

Sorry I was just in a bad mood.

Jan 29, 2021 10:09 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Really liked this episode, made me bump my score. My boy Tomozaki lit those girls up, I personally enjoyed his speech lol. Like, I can see why people think it’s cringe, but to me the only thing cringe about it is his tone, probably didn’t need to yell, but I still really liked it.
Jan 30, 2021 12:00 AM

Aug 2019
I didn’t even find the speech cringy honestly, but man was I glad someone mouthed off that stupid bitch because holy do I hate characters like her
snowykevinJan 30, 2021 12:08 AM
Jan 30, 2021 12:20 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Well i guess Tomozaki beating Shuji back then had some unintended consequences. Given his nature getting revenge for his loss is perfectly natural. While practice certainly makes perfect practicing with a busted stopwatch sure is a odd one. Still thanks to Aoi's training so far Fumiya's ability to teach others about the game without problem sure was impressively detailed. Still being stuck in a way of thinking for too long certainly makes it hard for you to change suddenly. But its nice to see Izumi work so hard in her determination to catch up with her crush. Kudo's to Fumiya though for deciding to be honest with Fuuka though. Man Erika's nature sure is creepy not to mention annoying but did well to set the scene for Fumiya's explosion. Overall a pretty interesting ep that did well to show not just how much Fumiya had changed thanks to the training via his teaching of Izumi but also the effects that this has on those around him as well. With any luck Izumi should be able to get closer to Shuji.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2021 1:36 AM

Apr 2018
Man those girls at the end were so annoying and I'm glad Tomozaki said something about it and defended Nakamura.

Tomozaki, that was smooth asking Hinami out on a date xD
Jan 30, 2021 3:06 AM

Sep 2020
Izumi sure is a kawaii girl, trying her best to learn Tackafam!

Well, looks like Shuji finally challenged him again for a match and Tomozaki-kun is no match for him xD.

Looks like Erika here gets mad for the redo matches and calls Tackafam a 'Shit Game' which triggers TomoZaki-Kun!

And at last, looks like he accepted he didn't read those books to Kikuchi-San which was right for him to do so!

Looking forward for the next episode!!>.<
Jan 30, 2021 3:07 AM

Oct 2018
Now I can't choose which one will be Tomozaki's girlfriend at the end! Fuka Kikuchi and Aoi Hinami are best candidates here! But next episode looks like will be a date episode! XD

Shuji now having a rematch with Tomozaki-kun, but there's no way for Shuji to win against Tomozaki-kun who has every moves learned! Tomozaki-kun (and also Izumi) stands up to defend Shuji from Erica's insulting words is the best drama moment of all!
Forum set made by Nate
Jan 30, 2021 3:18 AM

Aug 2020
brenantejapan said:
their relationship is starting to develop. <3
and that dude can't really accept his loss that makes it more uncomfortable.

Just don't shout man it's just a video game lol

The phrase “it’s just a game” is such a weak mindset. You are ok with what happened, losing, imperfection of a craft. When you stop getting angry after losing, you’ve lost twice.

There’s always something to learn, and always room for improvement, never settle.
Jan 30, 2021 3:18 AM
Oct 2018
AgehaYoru said:

All in all, Tomozaki's volume 1 adaptation was thorny at the beginning, but gradually improved a lot and that's what I felt about the book too. Volume 1 might not be the ideal beginning, but looking back after reading up to volume 8.5, it's definitely getting better (you might argue that volume 1 is the weakest volume). Now I can't wait to see the adaptation of volume 2, since this volume is what truly made me fall in love with the series. Also, Mizusawa will appear quite a lot too since this volume, so for Nobunaga Shimazaki's fan I think you're going to love his character.

Thanks for the heads up! I only heard his breathing and one line in the episode so I’m hoping to hear more of him! ><
Jan 30, 2021 3:31 AM

Jul 2020
SuccTheseDuccs said:
brenantejapan said:
their relationship is starting to develop. <3
and that dude can't really accept his loss that makes it more uncomfortable.

Just don't shout man it's just a video game lol

The phrase “it’s just a game” is such a weak mindset. You are ok with what happened, losing, imperfection of a craft. When you stop getting angry after losing, you’ve lost twice.

There’s always something to learn, and always room for improvement, never settle.

I was referring to the scenario were the girl insulted their game, like he can just defend his side calmly without shouting, that's uncool for him.
Jan 30, 2021 4:59 AM
May 2020
This Episode make a little good drama, but its make me feel awesome. And i get some lesson from this episode that i'll never mock anyone's effort again. Because effort is the important thing that have a pride.
Jan 30, 2021 10:21 AM

Aug 2015
Glad the typical popular bully girl got told. Would've liked to see better reactions from the people present but I guess you can't go against the popular people.
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Jan 30, 2021 11:36 AM

May 2020
I'm really glad that Tomozaki told Fuuka the truth about never reading the books. Being sincere was the right decision and it turned out well.

Even though it was kind of cringe to see him go on a long monologue about the game, I really like that he was also defending Nakamura too. I also think that his VA did a great job screaming in that scene, it was pretty interesting to hear the cracking voice.

And man, Tomozaki has really developed a lot as a person. His conversations with Izumi starts to sound (sorta) natural, he's starting to be honest to Fuuka, he told that Erika bitch off, and man, that last scene with Hinami was hella smooth. My man Tomozaki evolved faster than Caterpie lmao, but seriously though, I'm actually really happy for him and his efforts deserve praise.
Jan 30, 2021 11:45 AM

Mar 2017
That Erika girl... I really hate people like her. She just has to make other people feel like crap because she's not getting the attention she wants and needs her pathetic backup bitches to mindlessly agree with everything she says. I've got a lotta respect for Izumi and Tomozaki for standing up to her in a situation where most people wouldn't have the guts to.
Jan 30, 2021 12:54 PM

Mar 2016
Tomozaki really popped off huh, he's like me when I'm defending my anime girls on the internet.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police 😫
Jan 30, 2021 1:02 PM

Aug 2020
brenantejapan said:
SuccTheseDuccs said:

I was referring to the scenario were the girl insulted their game, like he can just defend his side calmly without shouting, that's uncool for him.

ye i know, i was just making a meme, because you said it's just a video game
Jan 30, 2021 1:40 PM

Feb 2019
I understand why people cringed at Tomozaki's speech, but I feel like that's kinda the point. I'd be honestly disappointed if he did a great speech, it wouldn't make sense, as he wasn't able to even talk with another person in the first episode. I cringed a little too, but that's some character development, I liked the scene, including the cringe it made me feel.
Jan 30, 2021 3:27 PM

Nov 2011
need more Tomozaki and Fuuka moments. Decent episode though.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Summer 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 30, 2021 3:57 PM
Oct 2018
It's only game, Why You Heff to be Mad?
Jan 30, 2021 4:04 PM
Jan 2021
That's some quick character development.

I thought it would be cringe when tomozaki-san started shouting at Erika but it ended pretty good, surprisingly. I liked the overall effort in this episode. Tomozaki-san has become much better at natural reactions his personality however has not changed and I think that they have made a good job showing that. Two more things: The fact that Tomozaki-san copies his teacher in behavior (Aoi-san) when he teaches Izumi-san is not only adorable but makes a lot of sense based on the behavior of the brain. Two: I ship nakamura-san and Izumi-san so hard did you see that last scene?♥︎♥︎♥︎
Jan 30, 2021 4:50 PM

Jun 2012
The cringe was strong with this one
Jan 30, 2021 4:58 PM

Apr 2014
Snaita said:

Sure...but it's very Tomozaki at this point in his life and I don't think it ruined the underlying message he was trying to get across. Cut him some slack ya'll he wasn't the most sociable dude prior to the show. He's learning.
Jan 30, 2021 5:12 PM

Jun 2012
MiiyoSon said:
Snaita said:

Sure...but it's very Tomozaki at this point in his life and I don't think it ruined the underlying message he was trying to get across. Cut him some slack ya'll he wasn't the most sociable dude prior to the show. He's learning.

Well yeah... which is way it could have been shorter. They made him repeat himself a few times, it felt dragged
Jan 30, 2021 5:18 PM

Oct 2012
Well, I'm not sure I quite like the moment when he snapped in the end... in reality, everyone in that room would mark him as weirdo for screaming like that... and he would create one dangerous enemy in that blond girl (cause it's not like he can talk her down with his strong voice, you need to be in certain social position else you'll be left alone as not everyone would want to mess with her and lose her artificial friendship). No way it's okay with her if he's ever going talk with her again, even though Hinami said she smoothed it.

This would only worked if he had told her in unimpressed, scornful voice. So his only luck was that Izumi took his side, shifting all the attention to her. Still doesn't change the fact that he would be labeled as some weird otaku from now on and gossip would do its job.

This anime tries hard to act as guideline for social life but it's exactly times like these when they start somthing possibly destructive and then disregard it at the end of the episode. So was Erika and her harem just one-time throwaway character? If yes then this was all pretty disappointing.
Jan 30, 2021 5:19 PM

Mar 2018
That speech the end of the episode was really... something I guess? When he was talking about Tackfam i didn’t really know where he was going with it but I guess i worked out all right in the end.

Also, i have to say why did my homie Tomozaki draw all of those moves out LOL there had to be a forum or something but he really drew it all out.

The chars this episode are cool, even the ones I’m not as invested in I still really like.
Jan 30, 2021 7:13 PM

Jan 2011
kinda cringe but the boy ant wrong ...just needed to chill a bit there lol but he just went off ,and that's about the mocking someones efforts but this is a perfect example gamer rage being so passionate about depending their favorite game .

disappointed Erika ended up being the typical classroom bitch catalyst not sure how much salvaging you can do with her now

good on em asking Hinami though it's improvement
Jan 30, 2021 9:24 PM

Aug 2017
Hey, this is kind of a cute and sweet show, I'm starting to like it. Pretty girls in high school setting is a winner for me. Tomo building up some harem, not bad!

Yeah tomo's speech was school shooterish but...what can you do.

Chroma said:
I can't belive this anime still hasn't had a cease and desist from NINTENDO.

That's bc it's YONTENDO on the controller! Like when anime have WacDonald's and Warbucks lol
CarbonMDJan 30, 2021 9:44 PM
Jan 30, 2021 9:34 PM
Jun 2020
dark-chaos said:
well there is one problem in this anime, they try hard to let us feel that what tomozaki doing is cool but in fact, no one really think that

the author could create a better conversation, you can't feel any depth inside the characters, for example, if you compare tomozaki with Hikigaya from Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru

as both had the same problem with not being social in school, you will find tomozaki trash no depth, someone else controls him

.... Did you even watch it? Hinami isn't even control him. In this episode he rejects Hinami's method and choose the genuine path. Tomozaki is what Hachiman should be in the first place. It took Hachiman two season to realise he wants genuine (but still not acting upon it), but for Tomozaki it only took three or four episodes to act and pursue genuine relationship. I find Hachiman who always tried to be pseudo-intelligent to be more cringe. Like the author clearly is lacking in human connection that what the characters are doing is just so unnatural. But hey, at least it's finished.... (or not? I heard he wants to rehash the same old tired shit again in Shin).
Jan 30, 2021 9:46 PM

Aug 2017
AgehaYoru said:
I find Hachiman who always tried to be pseudo-intelligent to be more cringe.

Omg couldn't stand that guy for one second, I only watched it for Iroha.
Jan 30, 2021 10:01 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
What is wrong with Tackfam? Thats what i got it here, and then, lmao. Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun, slap that bitch really hard. Good shit. She indeed way too ridiculous after crossing the wrong line. You mad with those guy only, not to blame the others, girl. Its just wrong. Good thing that Tomozaki could surpass his awkwardness to actually speech his opinion out, even though, well, its still cringe af, almost unbearable. But, at least its stop that ridiculous unnecessary classic high schooler drama fights. So, yeah, fair point to both side. I don't quite like that Nakamura dude, either. He was way too pushy and his attitude just so fuckin arrogant. Still, at least he got a motivation to beat a master game like Tomozaki-kun and not trashing the game like before. At least he got the point, similarity from the previous fair points.

In the end, i guess, its actually make Tomozaki served as a bridge to reconnect the collapsed relations between Nakamura and Izumi. Making a friends? It seems. Its went too good, with those kind of plot. Cringe, hilarious, amusing, fun-fact. Thats what i can describe from this sole episode.

Despite some hidden plot progression, and may reach an unknown meaning with Hinami, its fine with just that. Guess i need more episode to see whats goin on behind their true relations. Hinami may also had the same hardness like Tomozaki too, with the recording scene as an example. But well, its just like that. Ah, and its good that Tomozaki told the truth about Fuuka and her novel. It may hit her hard. But, well, better be a true than become a complete liar, right?

It is just what it is, let it flow to your new youthful life, Tomozaki-kun.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 30, 2021 10:18 PM

Aug 2017
Waiting for Aoi x Tomizaki ship to sail!!

Jan 31, 2021 12:05 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, Tomozaki snapped on that bitch. I really hate those kinds of characters. Tomozaki's VA did great though, that shit came from the heart lmao. I like how Tomozaki is improving. His core self doesn't change, but he's just improving on the areas his lacking without becoming someone he is not. Unlike Hinami who rehearses and stuff, that speech to Erika was genuine. Cringe? Yes of course but he's just defending what he believes in.

Gotta say though, the first episode was kind of eh but I am starting to understand what this show is about and it's getting good and I heard it just gets better. So, I am looking forward to the next episode. That was smooth af though, how Tomozaki asked Hinami to the movies.
Jan 31, 2021 12:08 AM

Jan 2011
AgehaYoru said:
dark-chaos said:

.... Did you even watch it? Hinami isn't even control him. In this episode he rejects Hinami's method and choose the genuine path. Tomoaki is what Hachiman should be in the first place. It took Hachiman two season to realise he wants genuine (but still not acting upon it), but for Tomozaki it only took three or four episodes to act and pursue genuine relationship. I find Hachiman who always tried to be pseudo-intelligent to be more cringe. Like the author clearly is lacking in human connection that what the characters are doing is just so unnatural. But hey, at least it's finished.... (or not? I heard he wants to rehash the same old tired shit again in Shin).

well, that's your opinion, I won't debate with you since I don't care too much about both, it's just I saw Hachiman character played better than Tomoaki,

well I am not a fan of Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru so I don't follow the news, also I dropped the third season since I didn't like it
but at least for me the first season better than this anime
Jan 31, 2021 2:29 AM

Apr 2020
Ha yesss... This is the quality episode in this anime. I feel like just watching a 5 minutes eps. Props to Tomozaki and his VA for doing great work, his speech gonna shut their mouth up. Ngl, he's not cringed and so do I. 10/10 for the eps. The low rating is fine, because I don't mind and enjoyed this too much.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Anyone else disappointed on whom does tomozaki date? (LN SPOILERS)

Elma_fer - Mar 20, 2021

25 by Shubham-gupta »»
Aug 30, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 22, 2021

124 by vinnywizanime »»
Aug 21, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 15, 2021

128 by vinnywizanime »»
Aug 20, 6:17 AM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Jan 8, 2021

245 by vinnywizanime »»
Aug 13, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

186 by iwubanime »»
Jul 31, 10:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.