Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2021 5:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh man, Aoi isn't in a good mood in the finale. But even so, I feel like Tomozaki still has a lot to thank for since meeting her.

The episode feels kinda rushed though. I never felt much connection between Tomozaki and Fuuka. But anyways, this show itself didn't really do a great job at relationship building imo. Only Tomozaki seems to have matured the most out of the main cast. I'm probably not going to miss this anime.
Mar 26, 2021 5:42 AM
Jun 2020
Aaaah, it's such a nice way to wrap up this season! And seeing Gumi-chan (VA: Fujita Akane!!!) in the end gives us hope for season 2! I really wish Gagaga Bunko & Pony Canyon seriously want to invest in future season.

Also, today is Fly-sensei's birthday, the author (Yaku-sensei) and the editor (Iwaasa-san) is currently throwing a birthday party for her. They really make such a nice team!

Mar 26, 2021 5:55 AM

Jul 2017
The same girl that brought Tomozaki out of the NEET lifestyle, IS the same girl that pushed him back to where he was at the very beginning. "Life is but a shitty game"...once again.

Tomozaki going his own way means that he's beginning to outgrow himself too much, maybe TOO MUCH for a guide such as Aoi to drop out of their "friendship" indefinitely.

Coming clean with Fuka of the weight that Aoi put Tomozaki in is probably for the best, and Fuka's POV helped cleared up those doubts...with the reference to Irozuku Sekai of seeing monochrome as opposed to colour. Somehow, I kinda liked that though, the special "relationship" between the two.

One step backwards, two steps forward for Tomozaki trying to face Aoi whose true colours have finally shown up, with the reversal of roles of Tomozaki jumping the gun unto Aoi that still only accepts things from her POV. As per games, issue a challenge to the player with proof, and POOF, conflict resolved (which was fine, but felt unsatisfying).

If anything, I have to admit that this probably needs another episode to finish its cooking, though this ending is pretty decent. Still a good show though IMO.
Mar 26, 2021 6:03 AM

May 2009
I don't know why I bothered finishing this show.
The whole thing was just... wrong and weird.
4/10 the idea was there but the execution and everything was.. just yikes.
points given to the art and voices, basically.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy

Jul 2020
Great conclusion honestly, didn;t have high hopes after yesterday night's abysmal showing of tpn. Anyways they wrapped it up nicely, leaving the possibility for s2 and was quite enjoyable on the whole!
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

May 2020
I loved that tomozaki opened up to fuuka about everything that was troubling him.
And then as much as I don't like how aoi views life I'm glad tomozaki came up with a compromise with aoi to continue with the tasks but he only does the one's he's comfortable with, I feel like that's the perfect balance.

Idk if it's me but tomozaki's va just feels underwhelming when he gave the whole speech, probably because I've been blessed with the voice actors in AOT and Re:Zero but the whole speech didn't make me feel any type of way.

Overall if I could rate a show a 7.5/10 I would, it's a bit better than a 7 but nowhere near an 8 so I'm gonna give it a 7/10 would watch a S2.
Mar 26, 2021 6:04 AM

Jun 2012
Started off weird but it got better as it progressed. Here's hoping we get a season 2!

Mar 26, 2021 6:05 AM

Feb 2019
Lets take a few moments to appreciate the full 180 that Tomozaki has done throughout this story. At the beginning of the story, Hinami is the who challenges him to a “game” of personal development and growth. Today, we saw the fruits of that endeavour come to fruition with Tomozaki challenging her. Also, the text messaging techniques that he used to get Aoi to even come meet him were very impressive and organic. So proud of my boy.

But, that’s not it. His conversation with Fuuka was big as well. Hinami basically helped Tomozaki see colour in life, and now Tomozaki has been that same beacon for someone else. As someone who’s about to dive into the books I’m looking forward to seeing how both of these pan out. I’m extremely pleased with Tomozaki’s growth over the course of this show and feel bad for anyone who dropped this over his personality at the start. It would defeat the purpose for an MC to come out the gate fully competent in this sort of show.

Sad to see this end. Easily top 3 of the season for me.
Mar 26, 2021 6:12 AM

Sep 2018
The last ep was disappointing, this episode made me hyped, hopefully, season 2 or I have a few books to read. :D
Mar 26, 2021 6:16 AM

Apr 2019
On the whole I'm a bit iffy about that ending. I feel like it was too sudden on Hinami's part, but the rest was pretty good. But I did really enjoy the episode and anime overall. 4/5 episode, 8/10 anime.
my life was made with mematic.
Mar 26, 2021 6:25 AM

Jul 2011
Last episode indeed was a lot rushed, but yeah this is not one time thing in anime industry... (and not even close to worst endings from winter season, this one was above average) overall start were weak for some people (tend to drop show before next episodes, were it overall improved), I'd say 7/10, would give around 7.4 but not possible in MAL.

We got next OVAs in May and in summer.
GaichiMar 26, 2021 7:59 AM

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Mar 26, 2021 6:27 AM

Oct 2017
Dialogue heavy episode thou lol all I could see was two game weebs arguing about games. Anyway atleast they reconciled and nice Tomozaki's part time job has a cute girl too. She's gonna be important in the story for sure.

Decent season 1, a bit cringe at times but it was tolerable. Hoping for season 2.
Mar 26, 2021 6:29 AM

Aug 2020
Fumiya is really popular now!!HaHa
Hoping For season 2
Anime List: Click here
Manga List: Click here

Mar 26, 2021 6:31 AM
Jul 2018
pretty decent episode, and nice way to end it off. this anime was actually quite alright and i did enjoy it at times, the drama wasn't always the best and there were lots of cringe moments but it was fun seeing tomozaki developing and stuff, glad he finally became a decent person at the end here too. in the end it pretty okay, i'd say this was overall a 3/10.
Mar 26, 2021 6:33 AM

Sep 2019
I didn't like Tomozaki and Aoi's dialogue but I can't judge if Aoi likes that type of speech. They made up after all.

The girls were cute, Yuzu was the best looking one in my opinion. I wanted Tomozaki to get together with Minami, I didn't like Aoi. I hated the first few episodes of this show but it got better. I would probably have liked it a lot more if the start of this show was better. It was an average anime overall.
Mar 26, 2021 6:37 AM

Mar 2020
It was fun to watch and was better i than expected, Would be nice if they make season 2
Mar 26, 2021 6:52 AM

Aug 2013
A case of the student becoming the master? Good to see both Tomozaki and Hinami reconcile in the end. They both can help each other grow and Hinami can teach Tomozaki a lot. Thought it was a bit brutal of her the part-time job task right after they reconciled and it was the place Mizusawa works at.

Well, it was a good season, the first part was cringe at times, as people have mentioned. I ended up watching the last four episodes today so that has affected my scoring in a positive way. Seeing Tomozaki change himself was a fun ride for me so I hope this gets another season. And I hope I get the chance to read the novel, though I do have quite the backlog. :P

Mar 26, 2021 6:55 AM

Dec 2020
This turned out better than I thought, but again didn't find it that good

Would watch the sequel tho if it gets one
Mar 26, 2021 6:55 AM
Jul 2020
i need season 2 pls. i love tomozaki's character development. every episode rarely disappoint me. i wanna give it 7.8/10 but nvm i give it 8 since i dont want to give it 7. this anime is such a good anime.
Mar 26, 2021 7:01 AM

May 2020
I like that Tomozaki not only returned the damn bag, but he also let her keep that pin. The way he gave the bag satisfied me for some reason...

This last episode was aight. Tomozaki's speech was kinda cringy, but I definitely understand what he's talking about. Overall 6-7/10.
Mar 26, 2021 7:01 AM

Jun 2019
Started off with a really slow start but it surely picked up. Not gonna lie, really enjoyed this show. Enjoyed the characters and their personalities. It was rather different than your generic romantic show. I hope it gets better in the 2nd season if we ever got one.
Mar 26, 2021 7:08 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well, thats it the end of Tomozaki-kun's journey In order to find the true character's identity, or he might've call it 'the desires'. Asking, telling, and search the resolution of the whole problems to the best girl Fuuka were a great move, Tomozaki-kun, approved step. The little sister also did a great job there, pushing hard and care much with his older brother's change. Adorable siblings, even though her mood swing must be paid more attention, Tomozaki-kun.

Then, for the final boss fight, there was the master of the game of life, Aoi Hinami awaited Tomozaki-kun. Good thing they've commited such an aggreement between them. I feel the chemistry as a game partner sparks too strong at this point. Then, yep, everything backs to zero. Tomozaki-kun still got the lesson from the master, until he could give a satisfying proof of his success. But, he will step the game with his own desires, not just based only from Hinami task and order....

Okay, its a fine story. The story telling feels a bit of boring and cringe from the start to the middle. But get better until the end. The development of the character felt strong. Even though the pace surely slow as heck. But at least the casts were bearable, cute, and not too annoying at the end of the days. Overall i find this one quite entertaining, and i hope its get another continuations to get a better result of Tomozaki-kun's new approaching.

7/10 from me.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Mar 26, 2021 7:09 AM
Aug 2020
Zyukichan said:
bro feel sorry for u I mean it was a pretty good show 7 out of 10 for last ep was the best.
Mar 26, 2021 7:12 AM
Aug 2020
This last episode was a pretty good way to end the season it was the most meaningful ep and this show imo fulfilled all the expectations I had for it. Waiting for a second season.
I hope it gets to a rating of above 7.50
Mar 26, 2021 7:16 AM
Apr 2020
What I truly desire is that the final episode would not have this long wannabe supreme philosopher type of monologue. Lol.

I felt the season had its ups and downs. Wouldn't mind watching a second season if it came, but wouldn't regret if there is none as well.
Mar 26, 2021 7:17 AM
May 2016
Loved it, nice to have it come full circle at the end. Imouto's are always write and of course the pure, honest Fuka knows the truth, Tomozaki should treasure Aoi for how she's helped him. Seemed to me there was a LOT of set up there at the end with the part time job, and introducing the red head (they even had her say a line, do you really hire a seiyuu for one line unless you know they will be doing more?) and of course him saying he will prove he's right to her. Plus "Mou Ikai" (one more time) being the last line instead of a "thanks for watching" end card. I really hope that all points to a second season, I know they have enough material for it.
Overall this was my favorite new show of the season, I had pretty low expectations for it but was completely surprised by how good it was. Loved all the characters but especially Aoi. You so rarely get such strong, interesting lead female characters who aren't just there to be fan service, eye candy, or turn into the perfect waifu for the guy. <cough>Horimiya<cough>, I really want to see more of her, and all the girls for that matter, they were all great.
With all the crap that gets second seasons I really hope they'll throw me a bone and give this one too. Onegai, I don't ask for much.
Mar 26, 2021 7:18 AM
Jul 2020
Wow, this show is much better than I expected it to be. Most interesting anime I have watched in a while. I’m a big fan of character development and this show execute it pretty well for Tomozaki.

Hopefully, there will be a 2nd season or else I’ll probably read the light novel. 9/10 for me.
Mar 26, 2021 7:29 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Man after that argument with Aoi Fumiya sure did a 180. Even though Aoi's plans were effective they acted merely to serve as the foundation. Real life is always about being able to think on your feet and adapt to changing situations. Fumiya's calling out of Aoi though really was ballsy. Still the gamers challenge was a apt way for them to prove themselves. Overall an excellent ep that served to end the series on a high note while also leaving a good foundation for any sequels that may develop a fact that im thankful for as this series is one that definitely needs one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2021 7:30 AM

Apr 2019
this show really redeemed itself in the end, pretty satisfactory ending.

still can't really say it's worth watching though so 4/10

Mar 26, 2021 7:34 AM
Aug 2020
It was a really nice wrap up to the season...Fumiya and Hinami made up and they also gave us several updates for a possible second season...Well at least we'll get a OVA but I'll love to see a second season...
Mar 26, 2021 7:40 AM

Jan 2012
So the teacher has become the student, or has the student become the teacher? Or neither? Both?

Well this series was, ultimately, disappointing. Just reading the premise I was intrigued, even thinking it could be top tier this season. That changed rather quickly as I was turned off by how normal Tomozaki seemed to me before the premise really kicked in. A bit antisocial perhaps, but the show really didn't go far enough in showing why he was in need of such a drastic overhaul to me. As such, I had difficulty really getting invested in the series early on. Entire episodes went by that I found kinda boring. I do think I was able to get more invested as things went on, after I accepted that I'd just have to roll with it. Still, I don't know that I'd consider this a genuinely good series, but I do think by the end it intrigued me enough to at least check out a second season, should one come. 6/10
Mar 26, 2021 7:41 AM
Mar 2021
This episode...

Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun can't really make up its mind. Aoi's character has never really made sense her and relationship to Tomozaki has also never really made sense. The audience can kind of go along with it as long as it isn't spotlighted, though your mileage may vary, as indicated from feedback.

Then we get the finale and it spotlights Aoi's character and our two lead's relationship. Then nothing happens. The status quo is maintained. Which is fine because Juku-Chara Tomozaki-kun doesn't have to end. But it also manages to make even less sense.

I like this show, good energy and fun scenes. I had fun watching both the election plotline and the vacation plotline. I really like how our hero respects himself, how he respects others, and how Aoi respects him. I don't necessarily need the show to make a ton of sense.

It certainly feels like the writers are struggling to write themselves out of a corner they have written themselves into.
Mar 26, 2021 7:48 AM

Jul 2020
the mc suck, he can't even stay in good character without the manipulative bitch around. But yeah, they made up again....
also, pretty disappointed for not having the romance thing that I've been desperate to look forward to

The finale episode wasn't that strong tbh
Mar 26, 2021 7:53 AM

May 2009
Baakka1602 said:
Zyukichan said:
bro feel sorry for u I mean it was a pretty good show 7 out of 10 for last ep was the best.

yea... no not really.
but glad you could enjoy it man
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Mar 26, 2021 8:16 AM

Mar 2019
Well...it was a fine ending I guess although nothing spectacular and life changing.

But yeah at least he is still having fun with his friends
Mar 26, 2021 8:30 AM
May 2016
yvsei said:
this show really redeemed itself in the end, pretty satisfactory ending.

still can't really say it's worth watching though so 4/10

Dude a 4 is for garbage that was bad. A poor story, poor animation, poor acting. Anything with a satisfying ending has to at least be a 6.
Mar 26, 2021 8:36 AM
Sep 2019
The show had OreG feels from the start, but the concept is very relatable, op was meh, ed fucking slaps, philosophically great, the message is great, the char dev is great, hinami was meant to be a char like she was, rigid and when she wavers is the final episode that also very slightly, a great representation of what the world wants to become. The moral which the story conveys of being a person who keeps acquiring the skills but sets the goals according to the true desires is so relevant in the modern world, as we keep getting modified by what the world wants from us, which entirely makes up forget about what we want. I started watching this show because the concept felt interesting, and my god they killed it, the execution of animation, sound and art was 8/10, but the story my god, the relevance, fumiya's char dev above all and his monologues, love it all. Also, don't forget about the eps with MIMIMI, made a lot of us introspect.

All in all, execution 8/10, excitement 9/10, story 9/10, overall 9/10 for me. High rewatch value also.
Mar 26, 2021 8:36 AM

Aug 2019
A decent anime i guess, i say i liked the premise of the show and i appreciate the effort the mc made throughout the series. Cringe most of the time but still enjoyable. A second season would be great. 6/10
Mar 26, 2021 8:49 AM
Nov 2020
Really really good. One of my fav anime of the season hands down
Mar 26, 2021 9:02 AM
Nov 2016
It has been a while a character in an anime pissed me off as much as Aoi did, still enjoyed the show though
Mar 26, 2021 9:09 AM
Mar 2019
MegamiRem said:
Dialogue heavy episode thou lol all I could see was two game weebs arguing about games. Anyway atleast they reconciled and nice Tomozaki's part time job has a cute girl too. She's gonna be important in the story for sure.

Decent season 1, a bit cringe at times but it was tolerable. Hoping for season 2.

we have 2 ovas en the 3rd an 4th BR may an june

i swear to a season 2
Mar 26, 2021 9:16 AM

Oct 2020
This shows surprised me. When I first saw this show, I was expecting another one of those mid-tier slices of life shows. I actually got invested with the characters. In this final episode, we got to see some interactions between Kikuchi and Tomozaki. Seeing the two together is always cute. Tomozaki confronts Hinami and lectures her about his beliefs. Their relationship is mended. This episode wrapped up the situations from the last episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2021 9:24 AM

Jul 2015
Probably the most underrated anime of this season..
started off mediocre and went on to be a damn great and fulfilling anime..
Mimmi , Aoi.. and other gals.. i can't even say who's the best girl anymore..
also a new girl!
We better get a 2nd season announcement like right now!
Mar 26, 2021 9:43 AM

Sep 2007
Decent ending I guess. Leaves room for another season but it's a 'conclusive' enough ending that if they never do another season I'd be fine with it. Life just goes on with Tomozaki and co. eh?

Overall I didn't have any expectations about this series but it was a nice addition to my watching list nevertheless. It probably isn't going to be particularly memorable for me in the long run unfortunately (seeing how bad my memory is lately) but at least I did not feel like it was a complete waste of time (unlike some other series I've seen in the past).
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Mar 26, 2021 9:47 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
A decent final episode for a show that didn't end up being as bad as I thought initially.

All that weird and awkward talk about g a m i n g from the very first episodes was just pretty hard to stomach. Thankfully later on it got diluted to make room for more complex and thought provoking matter about social interactions and life in general. While there are certainly lessons to be learned about it, the format could have certainly been better impelmented.

I don't think we'll get a season 2 any time soon following Tomozaki's part time job, maybe an OVA I guess. At least the opening sequence song could actually fit in a karaoke session.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Mar 26, 2021 9:52 AM
Jun 2020
KANLen09 said:
The same girl that brought Tomozaki out of the NEET lifestyle, IS the same girl that pushed him back to where he was at the very beginning. "Life is but a shitty game"...once again.

Tomozaki going his own way means that he's beginning to outgrow himself too much, maybe TOO MUCH for a guide such as Aoi to drop out of their "friendship" indefinitely.

Coming clean with Fuka of the weight that Aoi put Tomozaki in is probably for the best, and Fuka's POV helped cleared up those doubts...with the reference to Irozuku Sekai of seeing monochrome as opposed to colour. Somehow, I kinda liked that though, the special "relationship" between the two.

One step backwards, two steps forward for Tomozaki trying to face Aoi whose true colours have finally shown up, with the reversal of roles of Tomozaki jumping the gun unto Aoi that still only accepts things from her POV. As per games, issue a challenge to the player with proof, and POOF, conflict resolved (which was fine, but felt unsatisfying).

If anything, I have to admit that this probably needs another episode to finish its cooking, though this ending is pretty decent. Still a good show though IMO.

The LN has 6 vol and 3 were covered in this season so if it gets adequate amt of attention then we can hope for a s2 for the show to fully complete
Mar 26, 2021 9:53 AM
Feb 2021
Albaab19 said:
The LN has 6 vol and 3 were covered in this season so if it gets adequate amt of attention then we can hope for a s2 for the show to fully complete

The LN has 11 volumes. 1-9, 6.5, and 8.5.
Mar 26, 2021 10:10 AM

Nov 2016
Obviously turned out as expected. Was a good ending, albeit a bit rushed. Just one more episode could've worked wonders in this case.

Anyway, enjoyed this anime quite a bit. Dunno about a second season, but I would look forward to it.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 26, 2021 10:11 AM

Jan 2016
As a fan of the novels, I'll say it's a decent adaptation. It's very hard to adapt inner monologues and stuff like that so I'll cut them some slack

The VA's and all were spot on except for Takei.

People that are interested in the novels can pick this up from volume 4.
Mar 26, 2021 10:22 AM
Jan 2021
great show, give me more pls
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which is your favorite ship?

TheCryBabyHero - Nov 22, 2023

16 by Nathan_Murphy »»
May 2, 3:13 AM

» Anyone else disappointed on whom does tomozaki date? (LN SPOILERS)

Elma_fer - Mar 20, 2021

23 by Mikhail0703 »»
Mar 28, 4:07 AM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jan 15, 2021

124 by SaulN9903 »»
Mar 9, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2021

201 by Komlan_6 »»
Feb 25, 8:03 PM

Poll: » Jaku-Chara Tomozaki-kun Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2021

123 by Komlan_6 »»
Feb 25, 7:12 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.