Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 24, 2021 9:52 AM
Aug 2020
The character development for this is amazing, I also like how well this captures childhood antics, it gives me the same feeling Evangelion did.
Jan 24, 2021 9:52 AM

Jul 2019
Raizel said:

is this 11 episode a trend now?

More like split cour trend
Jan 24, 2021 9:53 AM

May 2019
We have no typical OP, probably they will do like Aria the Animation and exhibit pretty landscapes and scenarios instead.

What is excellent.

Nice material for that framed picture in the living room lol

Jan 24, 2021 9:57 AM
Apr 2020
This is really well-animated. Those sceneries are so stunning!

Rudy just threw them water, how did that buy got his black eye tho? His mom punched him to see Paul? lmao. Rudy finally made a new friend after saving her from those bullies. But, for an adult who was reincarnated with his full memories, he is really dumb for not noticing immediately that Sylph is a girl. lmao

But, what Paul did is really wrong, slapping your child because of an unverified info is very wrong. Welp, there's no perfect parent. Good thing he realized that and decided to be a good father.

Ao_SkyJan 24, 2021 10:00 AM

Aug 2020
Sylph seems like a dope character, can't wait to find more about her and her background.

Apr 2020
The childhood friend appears! And she's adorable and they're wholesome. I feel for the dad this episode haha

Rob7 said:
We have no typical OP, probably they will do like Aria the Animation and exhibit pretty landscapes and scenarios instead.

What is excellent.

Glad I'm not the only to appreciate how beautiful these frames were.

Jan 24, 2021 9:58 AM

Jan 2021
Glordit said:
NoFriendsAlways said:
So far this is becoming my favorite series in the Winter lineup, there usually isn't anything better than a slightly perverted main character. Having not read to far I'm glad I can watch this show from a almost new point of view.

From seeing the first couple episodes I've decided I'm going to pick up the manga so I dont have to wait.

Just my 100% honest onion here. Rather don't read the manga, it kind of sucks and skips out on a lot of minor details.
I heard that the LN was better than the manga if you read that at all? I just want a new Isekai to read other than what I already am
Jan 24, 2021 10:04 AM
Feb 2017
Marinate1016 said:
Man, mushoku so clear at the top of the season, it’s crazy. Every episode so far has felt like a fantasy film. The quality has just been impeccable. I’m in awe.

One thing, among the litany of things that separates Mushoku from other isekai is the fact that it genuinely feels like a magical fantasy world. We got to see more of that on display today. It doesn’t just feel like some cardboard cutout JRPG game world.

I love the relationship dynamic between Rudy and Paul too. It feels very organic and realistic. Seeing Paul teach Rudy those lessons today and learn from history own mistakes as a parent was great. We’re not just jumping into a world where the MC is overpowered from the jump. There’s amazing world building here.

What I love most is how it shows how Paul is not use to Rudy making mistakes and disciplining his child. His first instinct is to be hard on him since he is so mature for his age, but he needed to learn that as listening and not being so hard was key for a better relationship. Perhaps in his past his father did the same thing to him and he was just repeating how his father acted.
Jan 24, 2021 10:04 AM

Jan 2021
Ao_Blue said:
This is really well-animated. Those sceneries are so stunning!

Rudy just threw them water, how did that buy got his black eye tho? His mom punched him to see Paul? lmao. Rudy finally made a new friend after saving her from those bullies. But, for an adult who was reincarnated with his full memories, he is really dumb for not noticing immediately that Sylph is a girl. lmao

But, what Paul did is really wrong, slapping your child because of an unverified info is very wrong. Welp, there's no perfect parent. Good thing he realized that and decided to be a good father.

Yeah I have to agree, the scenery of this so far is much better than what I've seen in the winter line up so far.

Paul messed up a bit also in my opinion but once Rudy explains himself at least he can be sympathetic and also he realized what he did wasn't the best when they were in the bathtub and decided that it wasn't the best course to take with Rudy
Jan 24, 2021 10:08 AM
Oct 2016
expired_0 said:
Sylph seems like a dope character, can't wait to find more about her and her background.

I think her background won't get reveal in this 2 season or maybe 3rd depend on the pace
Jan 24, 2021 10:13 AM

Jan 2011
This show is turning into a solid mastepiece for me, score up to 10/10 and 5/5 episode.
Is this really an unknown studio that is doing it? It has no other projects here on MAL. But it has great VA cast and so far solid art and animation, wtf?

PS: Ah, I see the studio is part of WF, thats more like it now. Why not list it as such then?
Jan 24, 2021 10:15 AM
Mar 2015
Dad knows how to play nice with girls
Jan 24, 2021 10:19 AM

Jun 2012
NoFriendsAlways said:
Glordit said:

Just my 100% honest onion here. Rather don't read the manga, it kind of sucks and skips out on a lot of minor details.
I heard that the LN was better than the manga if you read that at all? I just want a new Isekai to read other than what I already am

The Web Novel or Light novel are 100% worth it.

AlexGK said:
This show is turning into a solid mastepiece for me, score up to 10/10 and 5/5 episode.
Is this really an unknown studio that is doing it? It has no other projects here on MAL. But it has great VA cast and so far solid art and animation, wtf?

PS: Ah, I see the studio is part of WF, thats more like it now. Why not list it as such then?

IIRC Studio Bind is owned by White Fox and Egg Firm, so it's an amalgamation of the two.
Jan 24, 2021 10:26 AM

Jan 2011
Glordit said:
NoFriendsAlways said:

The Web Novel or Light novel are 100% worth it.

AlexGK said:

IIRC Studio Bind is owned by White Fox and Egg Firm, so it's an amalgamation of the two.

If the workers behind it are WF on a sposored payroll, so to speak, they should have at least put both, but whatever. It was just strange for me that an unknown studio (with unknown staff) comes out of nowhere and does such a quality work. Maybe the source material is hype enough in Japan, that someone decided to tap on it, Kimetsu no Yaiba style?
Jan 24, 2021 10:27 AM

Nov 2019
I have been really impressed by the adaptation so far. When I heard it was gonna get an adaptation I was afraid it wasn’t gonna be good because there was so many inner monologues, but they somehow made it work. Next episode is Probably gonna be controversial, and it looks like it’ll be the episode after that that we’ll see true best girl
Jan 24, 2021 10:29 AM

Oct 2008
Love the father-son dynamic! Another thoroughly enjoyable episode. Though, I can see so many things that those with more... political correct world views will take issue with. I've had enough of those threads, thank you very much.
Jan 24, 2021 10:32 AM

Jul 2019
AlexGK said:

Well, we dont know if they are necessarily a part of white fox, as studio bind could have just got out of white fox and established their own studio. There are a lot of studios like that, for example madhouse "gave birth" to multiple studios like mappa, Nut and voln and none of them do works with madhouse these days
Jan 24, 2021 10:39 AM

Apr 2015
I love that moment where Rudy's parents acted all childish. That surprised me, but really enjoyed seeing that. Never too old to act like a child sometimes.

The moment I saw the little kid with green hair, I had an instant reverse trap gut feeling and well, later on it proved I was right. Can't blame Rudy, if you think that Sylph has been a boy all this time. That's a good lesson learned though. It did make things rather awkward for a little.

Paul having to give girl advice to his 6 year old son. Too funny XD

Overall a more relaxing episode, eventho Rudy did teach Sylph some stuff about magic.

Rob7 said:

What is excellent.

If they will do this for every episode, I won't have any complaints. The scenery is gorgeous to look at and something different from an OP song and visuals made for it.
Jan 24, 2021 10:46 AM

Jan 2011
VP2003boi said:
AlexGK said:

Well, we dont know if they are necessarily a part of white fox, as studio bind could have just got out of white fox and established their own studio. There are a lot of studios like that, for example madhouse "gave birth" to multiple studios like mappa, Nut and voln and none of them do works with madhouse these days

Aha, makes sense, I guess. In that case lets hope they keep the good work here and not expect much of them after that :)
I would not have worried if it wasnt a split cour and all the episodes were already done. But being a split, this probably means the show is still being worked on and they can still mess up by trying to cut cost for the second cour.
AlexGKJan 24, 2021 10:51 AM
Jan 24, 2021 10:47 AM
Oct 2019
I'm really happy with this episode , the pacing so far is what i had hoped for. Hopefully this stays continuous over the next Arc.
Jan 24, 2021 10:47 AM

Nov 2010
This is the surprise of the season for me. Right now I would say it is my second favorite isekai story, right behind Bookworm and at least for the moment they share a similar vibe (family focus and learning about the world).
The one thing that is even better than Bookworm is the animation and direction, this adaptation is gorgeous.
I don't know the source material for this, but it feels very coherent and complete. Even things that are glossed over somewhat feel like they are glossed over because we basically follow a young main character that would gloss over the details like this.
I just hope that it doesn't go to far in the creepy old voyeur direction, the whole stealing panties thing is already stretching my goodwill a bit and I hope they don't go farther with that. (I'm not necessarily against this kind of content, but what they did so far was just creepy.)
Jan 24, 2021 10:57 AM

Apr 2014
Rudy could you shut the fuck up?! I'm trying to enjoy Mushoku Tensei here.

Also what the hell kind of apology was that? You don't get to act smug with Paul about being in the wrong but when you're in the wrong you don't apologize properly. Fuck that.

I did like Paul though. He's trying his best as a first time dad.
Jan 24, 2021 11:00 AM

Jul 2020
I was so pleased the way Rudy handled the lecture from his father after the bullying accident.
Jan 24, 2021 11:04 AM

Mar 2017
Rudy was so brave for intervening when he saw Sylphie getting bullied after what he'd been through in his past life. That must've taken a lot of guts and it made me respect him so much.

The scene where he stood up to his dad about the bullying incident was so good. I feel like adults can learn from children just as much as children learn from adults - even though Rudy is technically an adult in this sitch.
Jan 24, 2021 11:15 AM
Apr 2008
Why is THIS ANIME SO FCKIN BALANCED!!!

ANIMES SHOULD BE LIKE THIS!!
Jan 24, 2021 11:22 AM
Apr 2020
Yo guys i really love this, are there any Anime or Manga comparable to this? Really can´t get enough at the moment
Jan 24, 2021 11:22 AM
Feb 2020
Was anyone confused by Sylvie, without knowing going in? Not so much a trap but a misdirection

Incantation-less magic is a thing, Sylvie pulled it off and Roxy recognized it, but wasn't able to use it

Really loved the comment about 'eldist son'. He's currently their only son😖
AccessDenied3011 said:
Horimiya is better than this? Oh cmon bruh

Yes, but this is solid #2 for the season
BastionoJan 24, 2021 11:49 AM
Jan 24, 2021 11:31 AM

Jul 2019
I really thought his father was going to slap him again for talking back but things took a turn for the better. Sylphie makes a great friend and the shame Rudy felt made him change. Up until last he viewed people more as a tool and objects as in a game.

I like the direction this has taken but am only a little worried regarding the progress Rudy makes. Episode 3 and already capable of leaving his home and fighting of bullies? That is huge for a former shut-in!
Jan 24, 2021 11:35 AM
Sep 2015
Finally The BEST GIRL IS HERE !!!!!!
Jan 24, 2021 11:39 AM
Sep 2015
Lauro3101 said:
Yo guys i really love this, are there any Anime or Manga comparable to this? Really can´t get enough at the moment

Try Beginning After The End. The Author of Beginning After The End was inspired by Mushoku Tensei so you will see a lots similarities. But Beginning After The End has more Action pack while Mushoku Tensei has more Slice of Life.
Jan 24, 2021 11:41 AM
Sep 2015
JanPri said:
- Still no explanation of the very important sword styles and where does this take place - things that were skipped in the last episode
- Rudy was hurling mud balls on Somal and his pals instead of water in the LN
- 6:59 Sylphie actually was busy with something, at the moment at least, (Rudy went with her to deliver lunch to her father Laws after that) but they completely skipped it
- Rudy's and Paul's conversation was shortened + Pauls's monologue was shortened too
- Rudy's training with sword was almost completely ommited - he pretty much sucks, as you can see, but despite that wishes to beat Paul at least once while he's still in his prime (he's 25 rn and Rudy 6)
- Training with Sylphie was also REALLY shortened and Rudy teaches Sylphie to read and write in addition to that
- Some explanation of the magic system was skipped (I think this is one of things that makes the LN so good, so it's a real shame...)

I agree you 100 % but seeing what they have done with Manga I am Taking what I can Get.
Jan 24, 2021 11:47 AM

Dec 2020
Im so far enjoying a lot this isekai, somehow it feels fresh, the artstyle is amazing and oh boy, cant wait for next week episode
Jan 24, 2021 11:49 AM

Oct 2014
I'd be all for the OP just being Beautiful Landscapes like in Aria as well.
Jan 24, 2021 11:51 AM

Oct 2013
So far they're doing a decent job playing the perverted parts off as comedy and cutting/changing stuff, the art's great, and its coming together pretty well overall... BUT! They kept the real shit moral compass of the LN and its... Well, less good. Like say how he feels his brothers are justified in beating him (BREAKING his arm and throwing him out!) and will justify them further later, slide child abuse by like its nothing and breaking relationships over that might not be too right (his dad slaps him? no problem! in fact HE is the one who gets depressed and needs cheering up, no proper apologies, no discussion or argument with his wife... Dad also wonders if it was right for HIM to leave his OWN abusive dad behind and how he felt! come on now...)
Jan 24, 2021 11:55 AM

Mar 2019
I can't believe people defend this serie with the excuse that it is a "wholesome", "slice of life", the anime it has not stopped sexualizing female characters and the protagonist be disturbing lecher since the first episode.
Jan 24, 2021 11:56 AM

May 2019

The moment I saw the little kid with green hair, I had an instant reverse trap gut feeling and well, later on it proved I was right. Can't blame Rudy, if you think that Sylph has been a boy all this time. That's a good lesson learned though.

Erm, err.

shh

(usernames removed to don't provoke them to search for it)
Jan 24, 2021 12:02 PM

Oct 2014
I think it was obvious to everyone that Sylph is a girl except for the MC. Their friendship was wholesome like childhood friends until he thought to himself (I could rub three out to the words my childhood friend). Then proceeded to strip her despite how many times she said no. Whenever his inner 30year old virgin voice narrates I am reminded this kid is not really a kid. Idk why they keep doing this fetish shit. It would be a genuinely good show if he wasn't a perv in his past life--or lost his memories. Thankfully Paul realized his son is socially awkward and their father/son bonding was good development for both of them.
Jan 24, 2021 12:03 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm not the biggest isekai fan, but this show is very enjoyable. It's well executed and takes time developing the story. And the MC is not obnoxious or too genki, just the right balance.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 24, 2021 12:04 PM

Nov 2019
G0ldStark said:
I can't believe people defend this serie with the excuse that it is a "wholesome", "slice of life", the anime it has not stopped sexualizing female characters and the protagonist be disturbing lecher since the first episode.
as is the case with most ecchi shows. I don’t know why this all off a sudden a problem
Jan 24, 2021 12:07 PM

Sep 2012
It is a fairly pleasant surprise and that's coming from someone who usually dislike those isekai.
Jan 24, 2021 12:17 PM

Mar 2019
G0ldStark said:
as is the case with most ecchi shows. I don’t know why this all off a sudden a problem

This anime does not have the ecchi tag, those scenes are fine if it was an ecchi show (that way I would have avoided it from the beginning), but people tell you that it is a mature show about redemption, but Rudy is that he doesn't treat anybody like a real person, not his parents, not Lilia, not Roxy. He games the system to achieve his own comfort and treats other people like fleshy objects to be manipulated with memorized lines. it's totally disgusting
Jan 24, 2021 12:18 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Damn. This is shaping up to probably be my favourite isekai of all time. Which is not saying much because I pretty much don’t like every isekai ever, but still it’s something. This is not the grind you usually see of making it a game and farming loot from monsters which is usually the case. And as of yet hasn’t crossed into ecchi harem territory; sure the guy is still a perv but I wouldn’t go to call it ecchi as none of it really is gratuitous fan service- which is annoying. Here it’s pretty much he has some panties and that’s it.

Not only do I like how this anime LOOKS, such as the brief shots of the sunset as Rudy is saying goodbye to his new friend sylph, or them running through the wheat fields, or the fact that whenever there’s a side shot of their face, it’s not a hole on the side of their face, but rather an actual mouth. Yeah it not only looks good, it feels good, because it’s actual smart and has substance to get behind. Other isekai example I can think of that is actually smart is re:zero, but that shit isn’t my cup of tea with all its goofy characters. Sorry to trash on your favourite anime, but yeah that stuff isn’t for me. This one however, seems like it is.

The hump that most people are trying to get over is the fact that this little boy is really a 30 plus year old need is a little, or really, weird. If you still have a problem with it, I get it. It is weird. But I’m over it, and I actually like it. Because now we get a kid as a main character who actually has some brains, and is more smart and witty than just about any isekai protagonist there is. Like what dad gets rekt by their son like that LOL!!! Dad is a good character though I’m glad he’s not one dimensional, I’m hoping every character is going to have layers like this. Anyway, the guy has over 30 years of life experience; sure it’s the life of a neet but it’s experience nonetheless. He’s going to know things that a kid wouldn’t, and that’s what makes it intriguing.

If you’re still not into this, I get it. While I thought the first 2 episodes were just fine, I still had the looming idea in the back of my head of the very high possibility I wouldn’t end up liking this. That thought is fine now, I think this is going to be one of the best if not the best isekai of all time. For me ok. In my HUMBLE opinion.
BetaMaleUltraJan 24, 2021 12:22 PM

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 24, 2021 12:20 PM

Nov 2019
G0ldStark said:

This anime does not have the ecchi tag, those scenes are fine if it was an ecchi show (that way I would have avoided it from the beginning), but people tell you that it is a mature show about redemption, but Rudy is that he doesn't treat anybody like a real person, not his parents, not Lilia, not Roxy. He games the system to achieve his own comfort and treats other people like fleshy objects to be manipulated with memorized lines. it's totally disgusting
I agree they should’ve labeled it’s ecchi. I don’t know why they didn’t. Now that you know though you don’t have to watch it. I also don’t have the motivation to argue about your second point
Jan 24, 2021 12:40 PM

Dec 2010
ExcaliburAO said:
I agree they should’ve labeled it’s ecchi. I don’t know why they didn’t. Now that you know though you don’t have to watch it. I also don’t have the motivation to argue about your second point

Just pm a moderator and ask if they can add the tag if you feel so, if this trivial thing keep away some flamers then go for it, i see no problems at all.

Personally i never read tags and i do not care about them, after i watch a show and i like it i go direct to the forum to gather more info and opinions, so it wont affect me at all.
Fn76Jan 24, 2021 12:44 PM
Jan 24, 2021 12:42 PM

Jan 2011
gintokisbicep said:
paul teaching his son consent??? best anifather of 2021 already

Dude... my mother is preaching 24/7 not to smoke while she smokes all her life (regular tobacco, mind you :D)
Parents are the biggest hypocrites, but that doesnt make them bad, you know. I ended up not smokig, so its been good for something, right?
AlexGKJan 24, 2021 12:48 PM
Jan 24, 2021 12:43 PM

Apr 2014
Rob7 said:

The moment I saw the little kid with green hair, I had an instant reverse trap gut feeling and well, later on it proved I was right. Can't blame Rudy, if you think that Sylph has been a boy all this time. That's a good lesson learned though.

Erm, err.

shh

(usernames removed to don't provoke them to search for it)

*SIGH* ...Looking forward to it
Jan 24, 2021 12:45 PM

Aug 2013
Another brilliant episode.
G0ldStark said:

Ahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha. Haha. Ha.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 24, 2021 12:46 PM

Jan 2020
gintokisbicep said:
paul teaching his son consent??? best anifather of 2021 already

Jan 24, 2021 12:48 PM

Nov 2019
Fnights said:
ExcaliburAO said:

Just pm a moderator and ask if they can add the tag if you feel so, if this trivial thing keep away some flamers then go for it, i see no problems at all.

Personally i never read tags and i do not care about them, after i watch a show and i like it i go direct to the forum to gather more info and opinions, so it wont affect me at all.
I don’t really feel like doing that. And yeah I dont really look at the tags either. As long as I enjoy the story, I don’t really care if it’s ecchi, harem, isekai, or whatever.
Jan 24, 2021 12:53 PM

Jan 2020
This was a pretty uncomfortable episode, but for the one's dropping it I would semi-blame them since this is kinda frequent in rudy's character but it's also a redemption story as well and he also genuinly feels bad for doing something he should definitely not be doing. This is not for the general audience.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is Season 2, Part 1 as good as Season 1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Apr 24

23 by R0r5ch4ch »»
Yesterday, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2021

467 by Hayley2877 »»
Yesterday, 1:32 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2021

229 by Hayley2877 »»
Yesterday, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2021

336 by Hayley2877 »»
Yesterday, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2021

439 by Hayley2877 »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.