Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 23, 2021 1:15 PM
Mar 2020
It seems the episode 3 still not yet released in other site
Jan 23, 2021 1:31 PM

Jan 2011
fight for a girl is really stupid but sadly it's happening

well still 10x better than kimi ni todoke for now
Jan 23, 2021 1:31 PM

Apr 2018
We get to see Miyamura's backstory and essential how he was cast out from school cause he was weird and creepy.

It was funny seeing Toru fighting with Miyamura about Hori
Jan 23, 2021 1:39 PM
Dec 2018
Guess I'm getting off the hype train next stop. Not really into the bishonen tropes.
Latest reviews: Mushoku Tensei P2 🤮 • Meikyuu Black Company 💰 • Tsukimichi 🌙
Jan 23, 2021 2:16 PM

Apr 2020
First of all, Miyamura's past. I can sometimes relate to him being left out even in a group. But atleast Hori somehow talked with him normally before they shared a bond. And Toru saying that he's alright being weird, that put tears in Miyamura's face.

Onto the second half, and we got Hori refusing to hand Miyamura to Remi. Ooh spicing things up now eh, and that HAND HOLDING scene where they say "I love you" subtlely, ooh here we go! And at the last part, why not let Toru and Izumi beat out each other.
Jan 23, 2021 2:30 PM

Jan 2020
Won't lie, Horimiya might be my best romance anime ever. I like how the characters are developed, the art is amazing, the story gets you more and more excited.
Jan 23, 2021 2:42 PM
Jun 2020
ACasualViewer said:
Well this really feels like Kaguya Sama now.
Thought the same lmao
Jan 23, 2021 3:46 PM

Apr 2015
Hori claiming Miyamura was pretty bold of her, not only that, I feel that she said it to the worst person possible, that rumor most likely will spread like wildfire. You can see it as a confession pretty much.

The scene where they were comparing their hands was super wholesome and adorable as fuck. Freaking loved that. The moment where Miyamura repeated it again, but no sign of it referring to the hands was pretty good, made me think he kinda confessed there on the spot, while Hori thought it was still about her hands.

Amazing episode and so far has not disappointed me yet!
Jan 23, 2021 3:55 PM

Dec 2013
At this point Miyamura and Hori are basically a couple. Especially with that hand holding scene.
Jan 23, 2021 3:57 PM

Mar 2013
Loved this Episode. Izumi's backstory was so sad but I am glad that he feels like part of the group now and his moment with Tooru at the Rooftop was so sweet :') when they at first admitted they had a Fight I was a bit worried but seeing how it actually went down was just hilarious lol.

Also when Hori's I love you slipped out I honestly held my breath for a second. Very cute moment
"You think your power has limits, I say it's limitless."

Jan 23, 2021 4:04 PM
Dec 2020
I see a few manga readers complaining about them skipping a few chapters and I'm so glad that I'm not going to read ahead until the season finishes, because I get to appreciate this without referring to source material.
for once I feel good about not being a manga reader :p
Jan 23, 2021 4:08 PM

May 2020
Never thought about it despite also reading the manga, but miyamura piercing his ears like that in middle school was his form of self harm to feel something.

I absolutely love this adaption of the manga too! I completely forget miyamura was my icon too until just now.
Jan 23, 2021 4:15 PM

Feb 2019
Shoving the fight in this episode definitely felt rushed and messed up the progression and structure of the episode. I get the feeling they want to adapt more of the story than previously thought. Funi subs were also worse than they usually are, but this isn't a fault of the show.
Jan 23, 2021 4:16 PM

Jan 2018
Good episode, but I think the way they chose to translate it for the subs is kind of throwing it off this episode. Also the order of events, for sure. But, it is what it is. Still good.
Jan 23, 2021 4:40 PM
Sep 2017
dark-chaos said:
fight for a girl is really stupid but sadly it's happening

well still 10x better than kimi ni todoke for now

By right they weren't fighting for her, but fighting over a topic pertaining to her. Toru already gave up and was trying to give Miyamura the push to go out with Hori.
Jan 23, 2021 4:45 PM
Sep 2017
Kosmonaut said:
Shoving the fight in this episode definitely felt rushed and messed up the progression and structure of the episode. I get the feeling they want to adapt more of the story than previously thought. Funi subs were also worse than they usually are, but this isn't a fault of the show.

I'm assuming they want to adapt ch 37 for sure.
Jan 23, 2021 4:57 PM
Apr 2020
fantastic episode, so much character development. and I’m glad we got to see more of remi as she’s best girl
Jan 23, 2021 5:03 PM

Feb 2014
Things are getting interesting. Can't wait for Hori Papa to change the gears soon.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 23, 2021 5:05 PM

Oct 2013
I don't get it, why does this have such a high score and huge hype around it again? I watched 3 episodes, and i mean, its nice, 7+, but its barely worth an 8, let alone 8.5+... Its like, your standard, 'decent but nothing special' love-comedy. Pretty light on the comedy too. Sure, the guy's kinda interesting, but nothing crazy, and yet you tellin' me this is better than Toradora..? Chuunibyou, spice and wolf, school rumble... Really? REALLY? Come on, who the heck's rating this stuff these days??
Jan 23, 2021 5:06 PM
Aug 2020
Good episode, very faithful to the manga.

Kinda suck that they took out the second half of chapter 11. I felt like that chapter specifically would have been good to define the relationship Hori and Miyamura at the time "Not too close, not too far...never too far." That chapter had good character development and also portraying Hori's feelings for Miyamura (in a really dramatic way with the rain).

I'm not complaining I still liked the episode, just sucks they took it out.
Jan 23, 2021 5:06 PM

Feb 2020
GOD!!! Im just loving this show!!
Jan 23, 2021 5:07 PM
Dec 2019
i cant wait for miyamura apologize to ishikawa-kun
Jan 23, 2021 5:08 PM

Feb 2019
JadentheAnimeguy said:
Kosmonaut said:

I'm assuming they want to adapt ch 37 for sure.
Yeah, probably. It might be a good ending point for the anime, we'll see.
Jan 23, 2021 5:22 PM

Oct 2012
I dunno. I get he has issues and such but why he was lying that Hori doesn't like him when the confession before had to be obvious to both - and it really didn't look like he was just hiding befor the fight it. More like he has low self esteem suddenly but he really wasn't like this in the past two episodes.. feels like his character took two steps back.

Have to say the hand holding scene was actually good though.. and I like how naturally they mutually confirmed they love each other.
Jan 23, 2021 5:43 PM
Jan 2021
for me this anime is very awkward. The VAs for side characters (especially that blond girl) arnt too great and some animation for me feels super awkward. Take this episodes scene at 5:55 as an example, everything about that segment of them in the class room feels off and puts a sour taste of shit in my mouth. Its not just this episode, the last episode had the same problem too in my opinion. story wise its very basic so far and its really cringe when every 5 mins they do the classic shoujo manga thing where the backgrond is glowy colour shit and its a close up of the "handsome man" or the "sexy kawaii desu! girl". Maybe im wrong but everything since episode two has felt awkward and puts me off, i am hoping that it gets better and tbh the second part of this EP was okay but then that bs about the two guys fighting was a little WeirdChamp, but ill keep watching it for a few EPs but im afraid i might have to drop it.
Jan 23, 2021 5:44 PM
Jan 2017
When they were sitting there, holding hands, I thought,

"Ah. That's the way it should be."
Jan 23, 2021 5:45 PM

Mar 2016
finally an airing episode 3 that didn't disappoing!

i reeaaally enjoyed this epsiode <3

Jan 23, 2021 5:49 PM

Feb 2020
BEST DUCKING ANIME IN THE WORLD!!!! I'M IN LOVE!!!!!! THIS IS JUST TOOO WHOLESOME!!!!AAAAAAHHHHH I NEED MORE EPISODESSSSSSSSSSSSS

also I relate so hard to Miyamura's backstory. I dread having to do partner stuff in school; I literally have no friends..

That scene where they said "I like you" to each other made my heart flutter. This anime is so good at what it's doing. Dang I gotta read the novel like right now

Kyoto Animation rocks
Jan 23, 2021 5:52 PM

Jul 2015
What's wrong with the pacing of this anime lol, the scenes feel rushed and jump from one to another in a jarring way.
Jan 23, 2021 5:54 PM

Jul 2020
Haven't read the manga so I really thought it was actually happening when Hori said "I love you" but damn got baited big time.

The guys fight because Ishikawa insists that Hori likes Miyamura but he doesn't think so.

Saturdays are officially my favourite days.
Jan 23, 2021 5:54 PM
Jan 2021
I TOTALLY loved episode 3!
Cloverworks...another fine romance/rom-com anime. This is special stuff!
Jan 23, 2021 6:02 PM

Aug 2018
Best episode so far. Starting to get really hooked on that one for sure, this show might end up becoming one of my fav rom-coms if it keeps up with this quality.

Love the soundtrack that was used before the ''fight'' scene as well, very atmospheric for a slice of life.
Jan 23, 2021 6:25 PM
Jun 2017
Miyamura's backstory is just so sad.. being a loner and people around you says some negative things around you...

BUt lets go to the positive side, i just love that holding moments of them. yeah
Jan 23, 2021 6:30 PM
Mar 2018
Wow, this anime is super refreshing. It's a RomCom, but everything feels so new and well-writen. Well-deserved of it's positive feedback.

Jan 23, 2021 6:42 PM
Feb 2017
Stanlj said:
ACasualViewer said:
Well this really feels like Kaguya Sama now.
Nah, that anime’s characters feel a lot more immature compared to those in Horimiya. Took a frustratingly long time for the leads in Kaguya to confess due to pride and whatnot. Really don’t see the appeal.

Because it’s funny, kind of like how people find can find the concept of an OP character who is cautious to not be funny.

Mich666 said:
I dunno. I get he has issues and such but why he was lying that Hori doesn't like him when the confession before had to be obvious to both - and it really didn't look like he was just hiding befor the fight it. More like he has low self esteem suddenly but he really wasn't like this in the past two episodes.. feels like his character took two steps back.

Have to say the hand holding scene was actually good though.. and I like how naturally they mutually confirmed they love each other.

@Soviet_YunYun93

They’d don’t actually tell each other they like each other. Hori covered up by saying she likes his hands and Miyamura replied “Ore mo suki da yo”, or “I like your hands too”. He then says “Suki da yo” as a sly way of saying his feelings, however since he says it right after he was talking about her hands, she interprets it as such.

@Marinate1016
I’ve been learning Japanese over the past few months, and it’s pretty cool being able to understand this stuff now. I can definitely see how some people would be somewhat confused since the subtitles only interpret the way he says it as “I love you” and not an ambiguous statement.
MegaStrideJan 23, 2021 6:58 PM
Jan 23, 2021 6:47 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, they still followed up the plot from the ova.

That Miyamura-kun past, definitely strange and weird can't even describe Miyamura. Glad he found something precious near his last year in high school. Especially to Hori-san that look pretty much match up to his personality. Because they both, weird.

I don't remembered Remi and Hori-san met up like that intensified in the ova. But it led into something interesting. That ghost movie watching scene, and then holding hands. Lmao. Yup, they both weird af can't even realized that small thing.

Continued to Tooru, and his unfair fight against Miyamura. Lmao. This part is my favourite among the ova. Unfortunately, they depicted their fights there kinda a little toned down. Its like the comical face over their reactions were so impactful in the ova. Guess, Cloverworks really don't have much talent in the comedy department. Lol. Its fine. Cause everything else are just done depict precisely like i imagine based on my previous ova watch. Solid work.

Anyway, if the pace continue to be like that, the next will be, finally, reach Hori-san father appearance. That's must be hype cause its exactly the end of the story while i myself want to see their last respond there. So, yeah, really looking forward to see next....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 23, 2021 6:58 PM

Jul 2016
So far, the only gripe I have with this show is related to how odd the transitions between comedy and drama are. They feel notoriously jarring most of the times. By the way, it's not like I'm complaining but the romance between Miyamura and Hori sure is developing faster than expected, uh?

Other than that, it was another nice episode. The first part with Miyamura's backstory was the best one in my opinion tho. Not to mention it kinda reminded me of Kimi ni Todoke when no one wanted to sit next to Sawako. This said, it was pretty sweet to see Miyamura finally becoming part of a group of friends.
Jan 23, 2021 7:19 PM
Dec 2019
So far the one thing keeping it back is playing it too safe, though I suspect that will change as we get deeper in
Wataru doesn't care about the genuine thing
Jan 23, 2021 7:35 PM
Mar 2015
Didn't they say "I love you" to each other
Jan 23, 2021 7:37 PM

Dec 2016
The boys fighting because of Hori was hilarious XD
And the scene with with both Miyamura and Hori holding hands is very cute =^.^= and Hori's confession is very revealing <3 Love it!

Great episode!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 23, 2021 7:58 PM

Jun 2019
I enjoy this anime but it does have some clear flaws. Scenes end on a dime and then pick up in a different place, sometimes with different characters, and even in not-so-obvious flashbacks. It is a little jarring and makes the pacing feel to fast. I do like that they explored Miyamura’s backstory more, as it explains his defeatist attitude toward Hori’s feelings and his friends.
Jan 23, 2021 8:01 PM

Apr 2020
A bit fast paced but overall enjoyable and faithful to the source material.
Jan 23, 2021 8:33 PM

Jan 2011
for a romcom this feels lighting fast (I am Speed ) but at the same time i'm like how are they not dating yet with this level of handholding

the jumps into drama kinda give me some whiplash im just having a good time then bam heres some drama bombs like chill out you guys lol
Jan 23, 2021 8:35 PM
Apr 2019
I don't read the manga, should the anime be this fast?...
Jan 23, 2021 8:36 PM

May 2020
That was a weird episode... it felt so all over the place, I don't know how many chapters this episode adapted but everything was really fast-paced and was very confusing. The relationship progression between Hori and Miyamura felt really off, I mean sure they spent a lot of time together in the story itself, but for us viewers it's only 3 episodes so far, and seeing their relationship progress that fast is unnatural and feels very empty. Rather than explicitly saying they had progression, they should show it instead, that would make it seem like a generic romcom but still better than what they're doing here imo, I would prefer the show take their time and build their relationship slowly, rather than them getting together almost immediately and say they had progress, even though we saw no progress whatsover.
GilgameshuuJan 23, 2021 8:45 PM
Jan 23, 2021 8:54 PM
Apr 2017
Horimiya should've committed.
Jan 23, 2021 9:02 PM
Aug 2020
wow! great ep for me. I didn't expect hori-san to show such strong feelings for miyamura at this point (I expected it a few eps forward)
Anyways, the speed of the story feels right and miyamura becomes more interesting ep by ep.
See you all next week !
Jan 23, 2021 9:04 PM
Apr 2016
This show's getting better, I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit now!

I really enjoy the chemistry between Izumi and Tooru.

The movie scene was pretty funny (can relate a bit with Izumi's susceptibility to horror movies).
Jan 23, 2021 9:06 PM
Apr 2020
What a development!!!

Izumi's backstory is so sad, probably the reason why he lost interest in studying. Then, everything kinda changed when Kyouko came, the first person who approached him and called him normal even though everyone's calling him weird. Aww.

Izumi and Toru's bromance/friendship is so cute amd funny. After Toru overheard Remi and Sakura's conversation about Kyouko, I thought Toru confronted and beat Izumi because of that. But, turned out, it's the other way around. They're just casually talking about it but Izumi got startled. lmao

"MIYAMURA IS MINE!" Yes! Kyouko wants Izumi just for herself, and I love it! Kyouko and Izumi holding hands and saying "I love you" to each other is cute af! Izumi is just in denial or cannot accept the fact that Kyouko likes him, probably because of his previous experiences. But, I can see that they will be together eventually. Such a cute couple!!!

Jan 23, 2021 9:12 PM
Dec 2020
This a great anime Miyamuras personality is great and Hori is so cute. They are a great couple can’t wait for the rest of the episodes.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

410 by Meliodas5767 »»
Jun 27, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

153 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 19, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2021

166 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 18, 5:23 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2021

218 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 18, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2021

219 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 14, 11:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.