Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 10, 2014 12:27 AM
Jul 2014
Full Moon was an anime I didn't think I was going to like at first, I tend to stay away from these types of anime. I almost stopped watching half way through but the story dragged me in. So after a week I made it to the end, and it was cute. A typical happy ending although bittersweet for some characters. My only major problem with this anime was the age differences in the main characters as far as the romance.

A 16 year old falling in love with a 10 year old? A 20 something MAN falling in love with a kid. Because yes Mitsuki was a kid, no amount of magical shinigami blood was going to change that fact. Also I feel as though Takuto fell for Misaki fairly quickly getting extremely jealous over the fact that she was singing for a guy... Anyway throughout watching the show I felt uncomfortable, I kept thinking of my little sister who's ten and the mere thought of a 16 year old vouching his undying love for her...just no. And imagining if she were 13 and a 20 something guy decided to date her and claimed his love for her, just NO!

These are my major gripes with the series the story is okay and all but that love with a kid did not sit well with me. Honestly if I had known before hand I wouldn't have watched it. As I was watching the show as Mitsuki kept professing her love for Eichi I thought at least on of the adults would say something along the lines of "He's 18 you're too young Mitsuki" or at least comment on the age differences. But they didn't...
As I stated before it's a good show, with okay characters, I just didn't like the romance.(ironic, right? the main point of shoujo is romance!) Anyway back on topic, like a said before the ending was cute and bittersweet.
Jul 11, 2014 12:10 PM

Apr 2014
Aug 18, 2014 11:06 PM

Apr 2014
Oh my goodness.. the teary eyes T^T

Such an incredibly beautiful ending
Aug 31, 2014 10:16 PM

Nov 2008
geekchic96 said:

A 16 year old falling in love with a 10 year old? A 20 something MAN falling in love with a kid. Because yes Mitsuki was a kid, no amount of magical shinigami blood was going to change that fact. Also I feel as though Takuto fell for Misaki fairly quickly getting extremely jealous over the fact that she was singing for a guy... Anyway throughout watching the show I felt uncomfortable, I kept thinking of my little sister who's ten and the mere thought of a 16 year old vouching his undying love for her...just no. And imagining if she were 13 and a 20 something guy decided to date her and claimed his love for her, just NO!

These are my major gripes with the series the story is okay and all but that love with a kid did not sit well with me. Honestly if I had known before hand I wouldn't have watched it. As I was watching the show as Mitsuki kept professing her love for Eichi I thought at least on of the adults would say something along the lines of "He's 18 you're too young Mitsuki" or at least comment on the age differences. But they didn't...

It's a pretty innocent love; not like they're having sex or anything.
............plus it's anime.
...........plus it's Japan.
Nobody cares over there lol lol

It's best to keep reality and anime apart. Or you won't enjoy it as much. Mitsuki's not your sister.

Nov 28, 2014 5:16 AM

Mar 2013
I cried for Meroko. Best character. Truly an angel.. TwT
Nov 29, 2014 4:51 AM

Jul 2014
Lovely ending!

I never read the manga but I read about how that ended so I decided to ditch that and stick to how the anime ended instead coz it's loads better in my opinion.

I'm sooooo happy Meroko became an angel~ Her part is probably the biggest reason I cried so much in this episode. I found her so frustratingly annoying through the series but the last few episodes especially this one really turned it around.
IvyFeb 15, 2015 7:56 AM
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Jan 24, 2015 2:23 PM

Jan 2009
*sight* I've finished the series today T^T for the 3th time and I still love it. But I am also still not 100% satisfied about the ending. Don't get me wrong, I love it! and it's get me so sad everytime. I think the thing I don't like is the whole flower of forgetfullness. It's so random and i don't want Takuto to loose his memories :'( (I think it would've been better if he kept his memories and went looking for Mitsuki as a human, Meroko leading his way *making this up while thinking about it..*)

This series give me such a warm feeling. It's so hard to put in in words. To me, it really feels like they are real and now that it's over, I have to say goodbye to them. Separating and following our own paths... Maybe it sounds dramatic, but I really do feel this way.

The scenes which got me the most:
The way Meroko shouts "Ieeee!" when Takuto dissapears get me everytime ;_; It's so powerful and you can actually hear the despair in her voice (Chieko Honda did a great job).
When Mitsuki sings Love chronicle and she sees Meroko sacrifising herself in front of her, you can hear the sadness in her voice, like she actually started crying.
When Mitsuki starts crying in the hospital. Waking up terrified, looking for Takuto and Meroko. Crying, being left behind and being more lonely than ever. Even though, everybody else is right by her side, the 2 most important persons are not there.

Waah i'm sorry for making it this long and dramatic ,>///<, I just have to put my feeling into words.

Also, people who haven't, listen to the Drama CD Final Live. It takes place 6 months after the ending of the anime (It's very short though). And read the manga! They are different from each other, but both great in their own way.
May 22, 2015 10:18 PM

Jul 2013
Wow. Happiest ending ever. Has to absolutely be one of my favorite. This series was heartbreaking at times, but the ending had me absolutely bawling tears of joy.

I loved how the series wasn't afraid to start off in a very depressing territory. Having a sweetheart dying of throat cancer. Most of the first half of the series is just filler from there, making you forget that one day she is going to die. Then the series takes an uplifting turn! It appears that Mitsuki will be able to finally reunite with Eichi, only for the most depressing thing to happen and for her to find out that he's already dead, and for her to fall apart at this revelation. It breaks your heart. I never would have expected that sort of outcome in a shoujo anime where prior to this, Mitsuki would just smile and push onwards. And really, I loved that the anime did this. I wasn't surprised when they found out Eichi was dead, but I couldn't help but feel so sad for poor Mitsuki when she found out about it. I really love when a show gives me that sort of reaction.

At that point I was expecting the ending to be happy, but also in a really depressing sort of way, with Mitsuki passing on and meeting Eichi in heaven. I was almost positive that was what was going to happen, because it's typical of shoujo to be that way. But I in no way expected for things to turn out the way they did, in just an all around happy manner for everyone (except poor Eichi). I think the biggest shock for me is that Meroko became an angel. But it just seems so right, and after having her heart broken, I'm so happy for her. I'm happy for everyone.
Jul 24, 2015 11:43 PM

May 2015
My goodness, I finished this earlier today and it took awhile to give a straight face. The last 10 episodes were such a crazy whirlwind of emotions and that ending. .. Just damn, it was worth the earlier 20+ episodes of SoL and idol filler.

Beautiful.
Aug 17, 2015 4:14 PM
Oct 2011
I'm so glad every shoujo anime is not just BL and bishounens. After a quick look I think the manga is a lot better though. They took really many liberties with the anime adaptation, it's like a completely different story.
Aug 22, 2015 8:53 PM

Nov 2008
Sceles said:
I'm so glad every shoujo anime is not just BL and bishounens. After a quick look I think the manga is a lot better though. They took really many liberties with the anime adaptation, it's like a completely different story.

That's because the anime finished before the manga even got to the fifth volume. But the most important parts of the story aren't that different. This stuff still happens:

So....nah, it's not a completely different story. The manga just expanded on the other characters more. I wouldn't call the manga "a lot better"; it does lack some things the anime had that I really liked. I like both of them the same amount.

Oct 3, 2015 5:31 PM

Apr 2014
wooooow well that was a rollercoaster of emotions.............

overall it was a 8.5 for me, but i'll round it to 9. i wasn't a huge fan of Meroko at first but she definitely shined the most for me. she was the most unfortunate character in that series when you really think about it and that makes me so sad. it's neat how she became an angel at the end though, she deserved that for sure.

the thing that bothers me the most in the show is the whole thing about Eichi, i thought maybe there would be more to him. 2/3 of the show revolved around him and then boom he's actually dead and they never speak of him again. i wish there was another plot twist that had to do with him. i feel like they could have done more and made this show even more special.

another thing is the fact that Mitsuki is only 12 and her love interests are way older than her. it just felt weird how a 16 yr old Eichi fell in love with a 10 yr old and same goes for Takuto. he's definitely in his 20's when he came back to life in this episode and she's only 12....not sure how i feel about that

i will be definitely reading the manga, the anime was good but a few things just felt off for me.

(also, my favorite song was probably Smile. i wonder why they played it only like a couple of times. the Scanty's songs were pretty good too, especially during the first opening)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2015 7:19 PM

Nov 2008
owlpoop said:

the thing that bothers me the most in the show is the whole thing about Eichi, i thought maybe there would be more to him. 2/3 of the show revolved around him and then boom he's actually dead and they never speak of him again. i wish there was another plot twist that had to do with him. i feel like they could have done more and made this show even more special.

Eichi's not a main character though. He never was. The show is about Mitsuki and the two shinigami. Eichi's death was the plot device that brought everyone together.

he's definitely in his 20's when he came back to life in this episode and she's only 12....not sure how i feel about that

Thirteen.
She is thirteen now. XD

We cannot say for sure how old Takuto is when he is revived. For all we know, he could be 16. If so, a three-year-gap isn't a big deal. If not, I do not care; their love is like the purest, cutest thing I've ever seen.
ChiibiOct 16, 2015 7:34 PM

Nov 11, 2015 1:00 PM

Dec 2012
It didn't click together until a little bit after I finished, but wow the part that got me the most was Mitsuki's promise that Full Moon would return one day. I was sitting here thinking "how are they gonna transform her without Takuto's magic?" Silly silly, she'll be returning in 3 years when she actually turns 16 herself now that she can live and sing. Now I'm even tearing up as I type this, I didn't think a happy ending would get me like this. But dammit, Full Moon wo Sagashite just has a way of making it come together.

I think that it was precisely because Mitsuki lived her life to the fullest during that last year that they were able to change fate and survive. She broke out of her shell and found various new passions both through singing and those around her.

Even though I'm a bit sad for Meroko, I think that her turning into an angel was essentially a release from the suffering. Since they said that being a shinigami was punishment, her becoming an angel meant that she was able to wipe away all of those negative feelings and move on peacefully.

This theme of life and wanting to live echoed throughout Full Moon and resonated with me far more than I imagined. Mitsuki's depression in particular felt like I was reliving my own hard times and rock bottom experiences. The feeling of being an empty husk, a living corpse who just wants time to hurry up and end. But it also made me infinitely appreciate everything that's happened to get my life back on track and regain the desire to be alive.

Full Moon had a wide range of emotions going for it. It was funny, dramatic, tragic, and inspiring. The story was very fulfilling and although it felt a bit whimsical at times, conveyed its messages well as it explored Mitsuki's year long adventure. Overall the cast was agreeable and Mitsuki in particular was just so precious. My only real gripe is that the plot did indeed feel a bit whimsical at times. Particularly the way they resolved different conflicts, it was really stretching the suspension of disbelief across the line. If I were to look at this from a more critical perspective, I'm sure I could nitpick all day. BUT, I enjoyed the show far too much to let some minor setbacks stop me from loving the rest of it.

As for the music, it was absolutely lovely. Mitsuki's (and Route L/Madoka) songs are all beautiful and I had no qualms about listening to them every episode. It did get a bit repetitive when they only had 3-4 songs to work with, especially Eternal Snow when it was being played every single episode on 2-3+ occasions. It got to the point where I was wondering "is it a happy song? Sad song? Heartwarming song? Bitter song?" But strangely enough, it feels like it fit all of those feelings well. It conveyed Mitsuki's love for Eichi, her pain for losing him, and how she won't forget him as she continues to live to the fullest.

9/10, I've been wanting to watch this all year and I'm so glad I finally got around to it. I know what I'll be listening (and crying) to when we get out first snowfall this winter.
Dec 4, 2015 3:48 AM

Apr 2013
Now this is how you make a shoujo with pop idols exciting. Unlike the other long running franchise which tries hard and falls flat on its face.
Dec 9, 2015 9:24 PM

Sep 2012
This ending was complete bullshit. It took away all the enjoyment I had for the show. The whole show revolved around Eichi. The songs felt soo powerful as Mitsuki wanted to sing and see Eichi. Eichi was her huge motivation for everything she did. All those feelings she had since episode 1- 46 was completely thrown away. In one episode, Mitsuki all of a sudden falls in love with Takuto and completely forgets about Eichi? Love doesn't work like that. Especially when its a 12 year old girl. You don't move on life and end up with some else that fast. It makes no sense. There wasn't even much development between Mitsuki and Takuto that would make her fall in love. She didn't show anything towards him until episode 50. It was always about Eichi from the start and then she finds out he died and finds his letter with his true feelings towards her but thats just thrown right away and forgotten later. Its so damn disrespectful to the dead. It just doesn't work like that. This is bad writing. I have nothing against Takuto but with what happened with Mitsuki and Eichi. This is just completely bullshit and badly done.

What I don't get is why not a lot of people notice this. I guess most people are too extremely biased towards Takuto to even care. Like, I said earlier. I'm okay with Mitsuki x Takuto but thats if they did it well. I even spoiled myself and knew she would end up with Takuto from the start so then, I paid extra attention to their development and I still don't see it. All their development was towards building up their friendship as he always showed his jealousy and grumpy mood multiple times. It made Mitsuki find out that Takuto is a lot more nice and caring person but I don't see any romance development at all. Fans are too biased towards him so, every friendship moment would count as such a huge romantic moment for them. If you look at possible romance development such as the mouth to mouth incident where she collapsed in the middle of the road and the one where they both fell and their lips was close. She didn't even think much of those moments and it just gets completely forgotten with Eichi in mind. It just shows that hes just only a friend and its really normal to feel embarrassed when your lips are soo close. You don't see any signs of her love developing.

Those moments was the biggest in the anime I'd say. There were a lot of moments where Takuto saves her but it was more like, wow. Takoto is actually such a caring friend and he cares soo much about me. You still don't see much of a sign of love. Theres no heart beating, no blushing, theres literally nothing. I saw no love hints. You may think there was signs if you were extremely biased towards Takoto. For me, I wasn't biased toward anyone. There just wasn't that much time spent on those moments to be love. Its all building towards a good friendship relationship. I'm really hope someone else agrees with me here and isn't soo biased and think about it in a objective way. A romance that focus soo much on someone who died and then switches to another guy doesn't work well at all unless you give it a lot of time.
FlamingMangosDec 10, 2015 11:32 AM
Dec 10, 2015 5:27 PM

Jul 2015
FlamingMangos said:

Well, I disagree with quite a bit of this, but the main two are about her response to Eichi and her development with Takuto.

While I'm not saying 12 year olds are dumb and incapable of feeling love, I think you're giving them a little too much credit in your mind. Her feelings for Eichi were much more along the lines of an infatuation than love. She was only 10 when that began to develop, and he was not around long for that either. As two years went on, she still idolized this person that was becoming an adult and very likely changing a lot as a person, just as she was starting to develop into an age where your personality begins to form a bit more. Obviously she was still very devastated upon learning about his death, and it took a long time for her to recover from that, but it seemed pretty clear to me that during her recovery and a while after, she grew up a bit as a person and became much more aware of her actual feelings about Eichi.

After she's able to realize this is when her feelings for Takuto stop getting so repressed by the ones she had for Eichi. It takes a bit of time because of course getting over someone isn't instant, but once it does begin to happen is when she can start to reflect and understand how much Takuto has been there for her, and how much he actually cares about her. The development between them seems very one sided at first, but only because Mitsuki's ability to develop that kind of relationship was held back for a long time. She's a smart, receptive girl, but her 10 year old infatuation got in the way and distracted her from the one who was there for her and truly helped her achieve her dreams.
Dec 10, 2015 6:20 PM

Sep 2012
Mystifire said:

Eichi were much more along the lines of an infatuation than love.

She still felt the same as when she was 10. You could say all romances for couples that started when they were a child are all infatuations and don't get me started with how many anime out there that has love from when they were a child and we're talking about long year gaps such as 6 years or so and not 2 years. Love doesn't change easily as proven many times.

Mystifire said:
It takes a bit of time because of course getting over someone isn't instant, but once it does begin to happen is when she can start to reflect and understand how much Takuto has been there for her, and how much he actually cares about her. The development between them seems very one sided at first, but only because Mitsuki's ability to develop that kind of relationship was held back for a long time. She's a smart, receptive girl, but her 10 year old infatuation got in the way and distracted her from the one who was there for her and truly helped her achieve her dreams.

Again, it wasn't clear at all that it was all just a infatuation. Even when she started talking about her feelings about Takuto at the end. She said she felt the same for Eichi and then Meroko started telling her that its new love. Also, being there for someone and helping them a lot doesn't always equal to love, otherwise Takuto would've fallen in love with Meroko for how much she did for him but that clearly didn't happen did it? How would you feel if Takuto ends up with Meroko at the end because he knows how much she cares about him and all the things shes done for him? Actually now that I think about it. What you just said supports that relationship more.

And aren't you ignoring what Eichi has done for her? This whole thing wouldn't even happen in the first place if it weren't for the promise she made with Eichi. She wouldn't have had much of a reason to sing. He plays a huge important role to her life. With all the things you said so far. It wasn't clear at all in the anime. Its just assumptions you're making and those assumptions are just to fill in the bad writing.

Mystifire said:
The development between them seems very one sided at first, but only because Mitsuki's ability to develop that kind of relationship was held back for a long time.

What? She clearly developed that kind of relationship with Eichi when she was 10. She absolutely does have the ability to develop it unless you're going to tell me again that its not actually love which is absolutely bullshit.
FlamingMangosDec 10, 2015 6:42 PM
Dec 10, 2015 7:03 PM

Nov 2008
FlamingMangos said:
In one episode, Mitsuki all of a sudden falls in love with Takuto and completely forgets about Eichi?

Boy are you all kinds of wrong.

*cracks knuckles in preparation*

As early as episode FIFTEEN, Mitsuki had undeniable chemistry with Takuto. Like it was so blatantly obvious, I can't even.....but I KNEW, KNEW that there was no way she wasn't going to end up with him.

Love doesn't work like that. Especially when its a 12 year old girl.

You're absolutely right which is why I never believed Mitsuki "loved" Eichi in the first place. She had this childish obsession with him and it wasn't healthy but it wasn't true love. Takuto however is.

There wasn't even much development between Mitsuki and Takuto that would make her fall in love.

.........were you like.....not even paying attention half the time?

Episode 15
Tthey basically spend the whole episode fighting like a freaking married couple. They accidentally kiss. After the kiss, they stare at each other for like five whole minutes. She's very flustered about it and tries to convince herself it was "only an accident".

Episodes 17-18She can't stop thinking about him after he leaves her. He picks her up and saves her life. She blushes about the mouth-to-mouth. They run all the way to the elevator. When she notices they're still holding hands, she blushes and turns away. He flies her up the elevator shaft and she puts her arms around him and closes her eyes like it's a very special moment to her.

LIKE COME ON.

Episode 19. They become very close. She can't take her eyes off him when he sings her song. Her expression is like she's in a trance. She hugs him tightly.

and her eyes shine as she smiles gently.

^Not a face you make at someone who is "just a friend".

Then we have:

Episode 31 He's her bodyguard and prince during the entire last half. She calls him "good-looking", she even says "it's like we're on a date", she even grabs his hand and makes him do lovey-dovey couple things with her. XD Then while he's competing to protect her, she can't stop thinking about him.

Episode 39-40

She is beginning to notice that he gives his absolute all when it's about her. It intrigues her so much that she sticks closer to him than usual. She completely freaks out when he dives off the cliff. Then she gets really angry at him for being reckless for her. Again, it's a complete lovers' quarrel; you see this same type of scenario take place between other love interests in anime. Kagome and Inuyasha did this exact thing.

Episodes 46-47

WATCH THEM. AGAIN. Who was the one who brought Mitsuki's will to live back? Takuto. Who was the one who convinced her to sing again? Takuto. Who was the one on whom Mitsuki was finally honest with and entrusted her life to? TAKUTO TAKUTO TAKUTO.
Why did Meroko leave as the two of them embraced? She knew they belonged together and accepted it graciously. When she's talking to Izumi, she mentions that Takuto and Mitsuki's relationship feels much more like "actual love" and its Izumi's misfortune that he can't see why it's so beautiful. Which pisses Izumi off because he knows she's right.

Episode 48
Mitsuki is ready to die and give up her soul if Izumi will save Takuto for her. Mitsuki, who was only 12 and realized that she really wanted to live....was ready to say good-bye to all that. You don't do that for "just a friend". Even Izumi is annoyed and says "Why is she trying so hard for someone else?"
CAUSE SHE F*CKING LOVES HIM.
Its so damn disrespectful to the dead.

It's not disrespectful at all. Meroko explained it in episode 50. Also, the dead don't want us to mourn for them forever and forget to live our own lives. If a dead person DID want that....well, that person would be a selfish asshat. lol By the way, Meroko IS dead....and she said it was okay to move on. She assured Mitsuki that Eichi wants her to be happy and turns out in the manga

This is bad writing. I have nothing against Takuto but with what happened with Mitsuki and Eichi. This is just completely bullshit and badly done.

It's not bad writing. You just missed all the hints.

It made Mitsuki find out that Takuto is a lot more nice and caring person but I don't see any romance development at all. Fans are too biased towards him so, every friendship moment would count as such a huge romantic moment for them. If you look at possible romance development such as the mouth to mouth incident where she collapsed in the middle of the road and the one where they both fell and their lips was close. She didn't even think much of those moments and it just gets completely forgotten with Eichi in mind. It just shows that hes just only a friend and its really normal to feel embarrassed when your lips are soo close. You don't see any signs of her love developing.

I really don't know what else to say except...."I can't believe you can't see it."
And Mitsuki DID think about those moments.

BEFORE she even knew Eichi was gone, after Takuto's confession, she's sitting on her bed thinking about Eichi and SUDDENLY her little daydream gets interrupted for the first time by Takuto confessing to her again. And this gets her REALLY flustered. And she thinks about it for a long time, because she's all confused. Then she tells herself Eichi is the only one. Like she's trying to convince herself. But if she didn't feel anything towards Takuto, she wouldn't have had to try to convince herself.

Theres no heart beating, no blushing, theres literally nothing.

MITSUKI BLUSHES AT LEAST THREE TIMES. Would you like screenshots?

A romance that focus soo much on someone who died and then switches to another guy doesn't work well at all

She didn't switch "just like that". She was torn between them ever since he confessed to her in episode 40.....actually probably since episode 31-ish.

The development between them seems very one sided at first, but only because Mitsuki's ability to develop that kind of relationship was held back for a long time. She's a smart, receptive girl, but her 10 year old infatuation got in the way and distracted her from the one who was there for her and truly helped her achieve her dreams.

Exactly this.
Mystifire nailed it. :)

What? She clearly developed that kind of relationship with Eichi when she was 10.

Mitsuki's relationship with Eichi is

THEY NEVER INTERACTED AS A COUPLE. That's why I have a hard time believing it's "love".

They met, played together like a brother and sister, they make a promise, he confesses, and they part.

.........that's it? That is nothing. lol He wasn't the one who was there for her during the most crucial, scariest, dark moments of her life. He never saved her; he just befriended her and taught her things about the moon. All Mitsuki has with him are fond memories of him. With Takuto, she has so much more.
ChiibiDec 10, 2015 7:22 PM

Dec 10, 2015 7:21 PM

Sep 2012
@Chiibi

lol, I had a feeling you were going to reply about this but I really have no reason to argue with you about this. Reading all your posts so far from this thread. I can tell you're extremely biased towards Takuto. Nothing will change your mind so, you can say I'm running away but running away can be a good choice.
Dec 10, 2015 7:24 PM

Nov 2008
FlamingMangos said:
. Reading all your posts so far from this thread. I can tell you're extremely biased towards Takuto.

Yeah, but I also know every event in every episode like the back of my hand because I've watched this anime about 15 times and am speaking only the truth.

Can you tell me where you think I'm wrong? I DO have an open mind, you know.

you can say I'm running away but running away can be a good choice.

Don't be such a wuss. >:/

I'd like to point out, once again, Meroko and Izumi both noticed that Mitsuki loved Takuto before Mitsuki HERSELF did.
Nothing biased about that. That is a cold-stone fact.
ChiibiDec 10, 2015 7:33 PM

Feb 28, 2016 1:43 AM

Jul 2009
That really was a tad disappointing compared to the manga ending. :c Still good, but..could have been much better.

Feb 29, 2016 7:10 PM

Nov 2008
Talim said:
That really was a tad disappointing compared to the manga ending. :c Still good, but..could have been much better.

I know...but the problem was that the manga ending hadn't even been written. So it wasn't actually possible to do that.

Feb 29, 2016 7:12 PM

Jul 2009
Chiibi said:
Talim said:

I know...but the problem was that the manga ending hadn't even been written. So it wasn't actually possible to do that.

I know. I think I'm more so upset at the fact that so many anime do this. Making up an ending instead of just waiting for the manga to finish. I would have put up with really bad filler if it meant getting to see the true ending animated. Ah well.
Mar 1, 2016 3:47 PM

Nov 2008
Talim said:

I know. I think I'm more so upset at the fact that so many anime do this. Making up an ending instead of just waiting for the manga to finish. I would have put up with really bad filler if it meant getting to see the true ending animated. Ah well.

Arina Tanemura was actually considering using the anime ending for the manga.....very few people know that. :D

I kind of like that they aren't the same though. I know I cried a lot more during the final episode as opposed to the final chapter.

Mar 1, 2016 8:00 PM

Jul 2009
Chiibi said:
I kind of like that they aren't the same though. I know I cried a lot more during the final episode as opposed to the final chapter.
To each their own. I much prefer the manga ending though.
Mar 16, 2016 8:14 PM

May 2010
We never figured out Izumi's character. But this was a great conclusion, love the background eeriness of the show.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 18, 2016 8:34 PM

Nov 2008
Confucius said:
We never figured out Izumi's character.

Read the manga to learn all about him. It's a pretty sad backstory. :<

Mar 18, 2016 8:44 PM

Oct 2014
Chiibi said:
Confucius said:

Is it also in the manga where Jonathan knows about Eichi's death before the other characters?
Mar 18, 2016 10:31 PM

May 2010
Chiibi said:
Confucius said:

I am waiting for the whole thing to be completed. I heard there was a 10yearold sequel, but that isn't out yet. So...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 19, 2016 1:02 PM

Nov 2008
Confucius said:
Chiibi said:

I am waiting for the whole thing to be completed. I heard there was a 10yearold sequel, but that isn't out yet. So...

Oh that....lol I posted that. The "sequel" is just a doujinshi about Takuto and Mitsuki actually. The manga as a seven volume series is complete as a story. The doujinshi is just something a little extra for us TakutoxMitsuki shippers. :'D

Is it also in the manga where Jonathan knows about Eichi's death before the other characters?

Yes, it is indeed.
ChiibiMar 19, 2016 1:06 PM

Sep 2, 2016 4:02 AM
Jan 2016
I have finished it before 2 years and now I was listening to anime openings and it came out for me when I heard it I straight away remembered everything that happened in the anime and started crying It is awesome
Oct 20, 2017 10:40 PM

Aug 2014
eichi was annoying as hell

so much of this was very fillery and only the last 10 orso episodes were any good it shouldve been made a much shorter show
Oct 22, 2017 5:50 PM

Nov 2008
Achaman said:

so much of this was very fillery and only the last 10 orso episodes were any good it shouldve been made a much shorter show

Yeah, not really. The "fillers" were actually important to build up the cast who supported Mitsuki when she needed it and it couldn't be a shorter show because there are 52 episodes in one year.

Nov 18, 2017 11:21 PM
Jul 2018
what a bittersweet ending. but it was really good.

i loved the chemistry between these three, them wanting to save mitsuki was pretty darn touching.

meroko is goat
Jan 23, 2018 9:24 AM

Mar 2012
This is one of the most beautiful endings I've seen so far! :'D

I found the series a bit boring initially but it picked up pace and kept on becoming more and more interesting ever since Mitsuki revealed her secret to Wakaouji and Oshige. Holding back my urge to binge watch till the end was quite tough XD

I heard that the manga was different so gonna read that too, I hope that it's just as good or even better :)
Aug 14, 2018 6:00 PM

Nov 2016
Tears were shed, this finale was perfect, never would I have expected that things turn out like this.

I already mentioned how much Takuto and Meroko sacrificed for Mitsuki in last episodes thread, but this put the icing on the cake. It was a joy to see the Shinigamis gaving her all, even Izumi helped a bit.

I'm genuinely satisfied with this bitter sweet end. Yeah it might be more of a happy end, but it's heartbreaking that Meroko was seperated from Mitsuki and Takoto, after we witnessed how their relationship was building up over the course of 52 episodes. Too bad that we didn't get to see a glimpse of what happened after Mitsukis and Takutos encounter...

Very good show overall, yet not flawless. Well, I don't want to call them flaws, rather things I wasn't too fond of. While the first few episodes made me eagerly looking forward to the rest, I still noticed the vast difference in quality between the episodes and it kinda dragged down my enjoyment. So that the first third was a 6/10 at best for me. However, I guess I would appreciate some of these episodes more now after getting invested in this show.

Second half already started a lot better and when we finally entered the last third it became truly great. The build up has paid off here, not saying that there weren't any remarkable moments during the first episodes, but no comparison to the heavy atmosphere and emotional moments this show had while reaching the climax.

So yeah, overall a strong 7/10 for me and another prime example why you shouldn't judge an anime by it's cover.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 1, 2018 8:58 AM

Nov 2008
FMmatron said:
another prime example why you shouldn't judge an anime by it's cover.

I mean, there are those of us who picked it up because of its cover....but yeah, I get what you're saying. xD From just pics of the DVDs alone, you cannot predict what is in store for you....

Nov 17, 2019 3:19 PM
Apr 2018
Wait, had Smile been used before??? It's been so long since I've started this... that song was cool.

I didn't quite understand Izumi's reasoning, Mitsuki could see shinigamis because she was ready to die?

My God, Meroko :') she looks precious as an angel but it's sad that she's the only one who ends up alone. Not gonna lie, I think the producers simply wanted a happy ending for Mitsuki and Takuto.

Well, not much to say. I was quite invested in the series until ep 29 but from that one on, it simply bored me to death. Quite disappointed if I'm being honest, I'm interested in checking the manga since MAL says it goes on a completely different route. 4/10
Nov 17, 2019 4:51 PM

Nov 2008
SaiDrew said:
Wait, had Smile been used before???

It plays in the Christmas episode too...ep 38.

I didn't quite understand Izumi's reasoning, Mitsuki could see shinigamis because she was ready to die?

The anime had to make up a reason because it's not revealed why she can in the manga until the next-to-the-last chapter. But...yeah, the anime reason doesn't make much sense. lol

But I really don't get how this could "bore you to death"...unless you don't care about the characters?

Jan 5, 2020 3:53 AM
Apr 2018
Anime Ending was amazing where both Takuto and Mitsuki meet each other & Meroko, who is an angel now supports them.
I gave it 9/10 just because how they ended the anime.
Gonna Read rest of the Manga now to see what happens next.
Dec 19, 2020 7:17 PM
Feb 2019
The finale was very sad. Meroko became an angel and had to say goodbye to both mitsuki and takuto. Takuto got another chance and got his life back but without his memories. Meroko leading mitsuki to takuto with the little stuffed version of her rabbit form was very cute and heartwarming. But whatade made it sad is that she had to leave them both
That was really sad 😢. But in the very end takuto remembered meroko and mistuki, I think.I just can't help but not feel satisfied not knowing weather or not meroko ever sees either of them again.
Dec 23, 2020 6:37 PM

Sep 2017
A very juvenile series till the end. Yeah the plot was kinda nonsense a lot of times, there were plenty of pretty pointless episodes, and a most actions had very little consequences, but it was still a kinda nice, magical story with a sweet ending.
Mar 15, 2021 6:23 PM

Jun 2015
Achaman said:
eichi was annoying as hell

I rewatched the show and there's only 3-4 true filler episodes, imo. I don't think it would have been the same if it was shorter
Mar 23, 2021 10:06 PM

Nov 2008
ProofByColor said:
A very juvenile series till the end.

"Juvenile?" yeah no....not really. Have you even tried watching Sailor Moon? lol Lots of shoujo shows aimed at the same young girls are not ballsy enough to be as mature as this one.

Mar 30, 2021 9:14 PM
Mar 2021
A great show that was able to take my emotions on a rollercoaster ride throughout the show.
Still hoping that the unreleased dubbed episodes see daylight eventually for those who have difficulty with subtitles (The existence of which is still not fully confirmed).
On a little known and sadder note I only learned last year that Yakkun Sakurazuka (voice of Takuto) and Chieko Honda (voice of Meroko) both passed away in 2013, may everyone continue to enjoy the many shows that they helped create.
Jul 31, 2021 1:46 AM

Jan 2021
I just finished it.
And I actually kinda liked the ending.(this is my opinion)
Jun 26, 2022 2:04 PM

Mar 2018
I liked the ending, the last episodes were actually so good... I have some complains here and there with some decisions during this last 3 episodes but overall I liked them. But... as a whole, the series never really hooked me, even if I was liking what was happening. And the fact that it took me almost 40 episodes to start liking this is something that will probably stick with me more as time passes, so I'll give it a 5/10 for now but I might change it to a 6 depending on how I feel a few days from now.
Apr 6, 2023 12:45 PM

Jan 2010
Exactly one year ago, I started Full Moon wo Sagashite, viewing an episode per week to follow Mitsuki's journey to achieve her dreams within her fated lifespan. The initial premise caught me by surprise, as it's rare to see the subject matter of a terminally ill child as the focus of an anime. The story itself radiates optimism and ambition, yet it has deep undertones of anxieties, fear, and regrets. What is it like for Mitsuki, who knows she only has a year left to live, despite never being given the opportunity to live a proper life? What is it like for her friends and family, who have to watch her struggle on a daily basis, not knowing if her next medical incident could be fatal? What becomes of the people left behind? What happens to all those dreams unrealized? How much can she accomplish within her limited time, and what will become of her and the world around her after the fact?

The ending is cheesy and sappy, but it's honestly the best that could happen for Mitsuki and friends. Everything just worked out, but it felt earned after all that everyone's been fighting for. I honestly would have been fine with both Takuto and Meroko becoming angels, but suddenly revealing that Takuto had been comatose for who the hell knows how long is somewhat questionable, but for what it's worth, it gives Mitsuki and Takuto the happy ending the show had worked toward. I'm not entirely certain about the reveal of Eichi's death, but I suppose it gave Mitsuki a reason to live for herself, albeit she ended up switching gears for Takuto who, by that point of the show, had been trying and failing to garner Mitsuki's attention. I'm also not entirely sure about the reveal of Meroko's and Izumi's relationship, as it felt like a forceful way to peel Meroko away from Takuto. Although, that whole drama led to Izumi mellowing out, so I suppose that worked out. 

Of all the characters in the show, I felt the strongest sense of empathy for Madoka and Fuzuki. I liked Madoka's character development after cleanly losing to Full Moon, where she became more honest with herself and others. Instead of sneakily and underhandedly trying to oust Full Moon, Madoka would instead face Full Moon head on, and eventually become a friendly rival. With Fuzuki, she'd been deeply hurt by music three times in her life: in her youth when the man she loved broke her heart, when her daughter left her and later died, and when Mitsuki left to America and returned in a near-death state. Seeing Fuzuki develop from a grumpy old lady to an injured soul truly feared loss gave so much understanding for her character. 

I'm fascinated by the literal deus ex machina in this episode, where a literal divine figure descended from the heavens at the last moment and fixed every single lingering issue without any repercussions. It's been a while since I've seen something like this, so it gave me a good laugh. 

I can't say Full Moon wo Sagashite was a great anime or even a hidden gem, but it's certainly a rare anime that tackles some serious, deeply personal real life issues while maintaining a strong narrative focus from beginning to end. Props to this anime for showing up when I accidentally searched "search."
Jul 11, 2023 10:19 AM

Jul 2014
The manga has a better happy ending but it was cute too.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Should I read the manga?

El_Jiro - Oct 31, 2023

3 by MewVenus »»
Oct 31, 2023 6:48 PM

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Episode 34 Discussion

shanimebib - Jan 1, 2013

9 by Atsunome »»
Oct 4, 2023 6:11 AM

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Episode 2 Discussion

jacobpaige - Aug 20, 2009

8 by Atsunome »»
Sep 21, 2023 8:37 AM

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Episode 27 Discussion

emeraldrosary - Dec 7, 2013

8 by ims-tokyo »»
Jul 29, 2023 1:18 AM

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Episode 50 Discussion

jacobpaige - Aug 22, 2009

14 by Bahamut_Dragoon »»
Jul 11, 2023 9:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.