Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2009 3:26 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
her voice is a bit too deep for a small child, but I like her singing voice so who cares ;)

liked the song, especially the fact that she could sing comprehensible English :)

I really like the Shinigami in this too

my rather low expectations for this series are now much higher after seeing this episode.
Dec 7, 2013 3:24 AM
Mar 2013
This is one of those shows that are great both dubbed and subbed. Personally, I prefer it dubbed.

The premise of this show isn't new but the way it's implemented is quite unique. My romance sense is tingling: I can already see Takuto and Mitsuki getting together. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself though ^_^
Apr 14, 2014 11:54 PM

Feb 2008
emeraldrosary said:
My romance sense is tingling: I can already see Takuto and Mitsuki getting together. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself though ^_^

Its never too early to start shipping ;)
Apr 25, 2014 8:41 PM
Mar 2013
jacobpaige said:
emeraldrosary said:
My romance sense is tingling: I can already see Takuto and Mitsuki getting together. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself though ^_^

How very true.

And looking back after finishing the series, I must say it's interesting to see my thought process.

Also, just wanted to add that it's nice to see you keep track of the forums after so many years! It proves you love this series a lot, which I can understand all to well :)
Apr 25, 2014 8:44 PM

Apr 2014
I don't want to spoil anything, but it was a great anime. I haven't read the manga (yet) though. The music was really great too. I see Full Moon playlists in the future. ;)
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
Apr 26, 2014 9:15 PM

Feb 2008
emeraldrosary said:
jacobpaige said:
emeraldrosary said:

How very true.

And looking back after finishing the series, I must say it's interesting to see my thought process.

Also, just wanted to add that it's nice to see you keep track of the forums after so many years! It proves you love this series a lot, which I can understand all to well :)

Yeah, it was a good one. Though honestly, I only remember about half of it now, so I'll probably need to re-watch again before long.
Jul 23, 2015 9:06 PM

Aug 2013
Pretty good first episode, and quite the grim premise. Full moons already showing some great potential to be something truly fantastic.
Sep 3, 2015 4:08 PM

Apr 2012
Really good so far (:
But I agree on Mitsuki's voice, I feel its a deep for her age, but I love her singing voice :P
Nov 1, 2015 4:14 PM

Dec 2012
I've been wanting to get to this all year. I'm glad I finally caved in. The audition was a pleasant surprise because I auditioned for something earlier today and shockingly passed with flying colors just like Mitsuki did. The premise of Mitsuki having one year to live and becoming a singer is what drew me in initially, but now it looks like that's going to have a boat load of potential.

The only set back is Mitsuki's voice. Definitely doesn't sound like a 12 year old and sounds a bit too raw for my tastes, but hopefully I can get used to that with time. Her singing voice is incredible though.
Feb 14, 2016 9:14 PM

May 2010
A really strong and deep voice. Old school anime the best. Simple, straightforward, and easy to watch.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Feb 9, 2018 5:07 PM

Nov 2016
Well, that was quite charming.Up for some feels with this show.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 29, 2019 8:49 PM
Apr 2018
I avoided any info about this series for almost two years and finally started it.

Honestly, I liked Mitsuki's 12-year-old singing better but her grown up one is not bad. I have no idea what to expect from this, but if the girl is going to die in a year...
Nov 29, 2019 5:05 PM

Jul 2016
I feel as though her voice is too deep, even for a 16 year old and doesn't really match at all especially when she's a 12 year old but I think I can get used to it and even be able to ignore that by the end of the series.
Oct 28, 2020 9:13 PM

May 2012
ok, that was definitely a good first episode, ive heard good things about this from overly critical sources lol, so i have some higher expectations that i hope wont end up biting me...
Jul 30, 2021 1:27 PM

Jan 2021
First episode was actually kinda good. I liked it.
Also Mitsuki's voice is deep. It will get some time to get used to. Especially when she’s a 12 year old.
Apr 9, 2022 10:43 PM

Jan 2010
Mitsuki sounds 15-20 years older than she actually is.

Anyways, I began watching Full Moon wo Sagashite in 2017 when I accidentally searched "search," but I held off on it to try and watch it weekly, as I felt the show seemed unique and could benefit from a slowed viewing pace. It's going straight into "singing is evil and your dreams will never come true" bit, huh. I understand where this sentiment came from, but damn, that's quite the overreaction.

I find Mitsuki's dilemma heartbreaking, but it's definitely one I've never seen in any other anime, which makes me hope she realizes her dream of becoming a singer. That aside though, it's stated that she's fated to die in a year, and I'm assuming the Shinigamis are here due to some deeper plot shenanigans. However, when Mitsuki was about to climb that drainage pipe to sneak into the audition building, Takuto and Meroko expressed immediate concern over Mitsuki hurting herself. If Mitsuki is fated to die in a year, would getting injured matter? Taking that destiny in reverse, wouldn't that mean she couldn't die earlier, or does fate in this anime not work like that?
ShockedApr 9, 2022 10:57 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Episode 52 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

the_pillows - Oct 30, 2007

150 by TRC_Randy »»
Jan 18, 3:49 AM

» Should I read the manga?

El_Jiro - Oct 31, 2023

3 by MewVenus »»
Oct 31, 2023 6:48 PM

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Episode 34 Discussion

shanimebib - Jan 1, 2013

9 by Atsunome »»
Oct 4, 2023 6:11 AM

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Episode 2 Discussion

jacobpaige - Aug 20, 2009

8 by Atsunome »»
Sep 21, 2023 8:37 AM

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Episode 27 Discussion

emeraldrosary - Dec 7, 2013

8 by ims-tokyo »»
Jul 29, 2023 1:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.