Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2013 12:21 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Back to back sad episode. Sniff. Sniff. T_T
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 8, 2013 11:51 AM
Mar 2013
This episode reminded of CardCaptor Sakura. I remember in one of the early episodes Sakura met this old man living by the country side just like Mitsuki is doing now.

There was a lot of drama in this episode which really bored me. I rarely get sad over an anime. However, the ending was pretty good when Izumi showed up.

We finally get to see how Shinigami take people's souls away. It doesn't seem as bad/painful as I thought it'd be.

emeraldrosaryDec 8, 2013 11:56 AM
May 28, 2014 3:18 PM

Feb 2014
This was so sad :..(
I didn't like how Izumi had that smirk on his face as he took Sanada's soul, guess it was his time though, I hope Mitsuki ends up getting better in the end.
Feb 16, 2016 7:37 PM

May 2010
emeraldrosary said:
This episode reminded of CardCaptor Sakura. I remember in one of the early episodes Sakura met this old man living by the country side just like Mitsuki is doing now.

There was a lot of drama in this episode which really bored me. I rarely get sad over an anime. However, the ending was pretty good when Izumi showed up.

We finally get to see how Shinigami take people's souls away. It doesn't seem as bad/painful as I thought it'd be.

Omg me too! It also reminded me of CardCaptor Sakura.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 30, 2018 4:45 PM

Nov 2016
One of the most touching episodes so far :(

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 25, 2019 4:15 PM
Apr 2018
Man, this is getting quite boring imo. I didn't quite get what Sanada was trying to do by offering his living time left to Mitsuki: the guy had like not even a day left!! Also, he had no sense of time at all since he couldn't tell that a freaking yeah had already passed... whatever.

Mitsuki is looking so dumb at times, why did she ask Takuto to not take Sanada's soul? Both him and Meroko made it clear that they weren't in charge of Sanada. It was weird too that she looked surprised when Izumi said that their own shinigamis will take her soul one day but I think what struck her the most was that she was reminded of that... since they're friends and all...
Jul 30, 2021 8:04 PM

Jan 2021
Ouch…:’(
This episode broke my heart into pieces… T_T
I’m still crying
Jul 30, 2021 8:05 PM
Dec 2017
wish the show got a reboot

Dec 3, 2022 12:57 PM

Jan 2010
Thinking about it, Meroko and Takuto are more akin to guardian angels than shinigami at this point.

I can't remember Full Moon wo Sagashite's rules for death, but I assume if a soul isn't collected when a person dies, they become wandering or earthbound spirits, causing various amounts of trouble. Besides that, shinigami can't actually prevent someone from dying, all they do is collect the soul. I suppose it's special cases like Mitsuki and Mr. Sanada who can actually see shinigami, but ordinary people wouldn't know anything.

This episode was perhaps the saddest and most urgent episode yet for Mitsuki. It put into full display her eventual fate, and absolutely highlights how little time she has left. I liked how Mitsuki grew fond of Mr. Sanada since she didn't really have a father figure growing up, and Mr. Sanada enjoyed treating Mitsuki as the child he never had time to care for. For being fairly lukewarm overall, this show does manage to push out some potent episodes every now and then, so I'm glad this episode had so much substance.
Oct 4, 2023 6:11 AM
Oct 2021
ALLOW ME TO FIRMLY UPGRADE MY RATING FROM 8/10 TO 9/10, THIS SERIES HITS HARD.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Episode 52 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

the_pillows - Oct 30, 2007

150 by TRC_Randy »»
Jan 18, 3:49 AM

» Should I read the manga?

El_Jiro - Oct 31, 2023

3 by MewVenus »»
Oct 31, 2023 6:48 PM

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Episode 2 Discussion

jacobpaige - Aug 20, 2009

8 by Atsunome »»
Sep 21, 2023 8:37 AM

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Episode 27 Discussion

emeraldrosary - Dec 7, 2013

8 by ims-tokyo »»
Jul 29, 2023 1:18 AM

Poll: » Full Moon wo Sagashite Episode 50 Discussion

jacobpaige - Aug 22, 2009

14 by Bahamut_Dragoon »»
Jul 11, 2023 9:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.