Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 24, 2020 12:05 PM

Mar 2020
I just want a bunch of gift cards to restaurants and a puppy. And a ps5 would be nice too lol. I would also like an amazon gift card (I would get manga and anime figures)
OoowoahvictoriaNov 24, 2020 11:28 PM

How can they see the love in our eyes
And still, they don't believe us?
And after all this time
They don't want to believe us

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 24, 2020 12:10 PM

Aug 2018
A cute little cat and a new gaming laptop cuz the current one is shit. T_T

Why do you hate cats?

Nov 24, 2020 12:11 PM

May 2017
I'm kinda growing tired of Christmas. If I can get a little peace of mind I'll be happy
Nov 24, 2020 12:12 PM
Dec 2017
vidya ,manga and anime thats all i want

Nov 24, 2020 12:12 PM

Mar 2020
Jeritorias said:

Hey I was just looking at your profile and It's cool that you like Jojo! How are you liking Steel Ball Run so far?

And after all this time

Nov 24, 2020 12:18 PM

Aug 2018
Ooowoahvictoria said:
Jeritorias said:

Hey I was just looking at your profile and It's cool that you like Jojo! How are you liking Steel Ball Run so far?

I'm loving it, I'm not that far ahead rn, but I finished the first race arc and holy hell it was the most fun I've had reading a manga. Such an intense race with so many players, it was so awesome.
After that I've kinda stopped reading, I'll get back to it eventually tho.
(also should have posted on the comment section on your profile, but i'm just being lazy af rn lmao)
JeritoriasNov 24, 2020 12:25 PM

Why do you hate cats?

Nov 24, 2020 12:32 PM

Mar 2020
Jeritorias said:
Ooowoahvictoria said:

I'm loving it, I'm not that far ahead rn, but I finished the first race arc and holy hell it was the most fun I've had reading a manga. Such an intense race with so many players, it was so awesome.
(also should have posted on the comment section on your profile, but i'm just being lazy af rn lmao)

It's okay lol. I should've posted my first comment on your profile but I didn't want to lol. I really enjoyed Steel Ball Run! I agree that it is such a fun read! I'm almost caught up to Jojolion at this point and it's really good too!

And after all this time

Nov 24, 2020 12:38 PM

Aug 2018
Ooowoahvictoria said:
Jeritorias said:

It's okay lol. I should've posted my first comment on your profile but I didn't want to lol. I really enjoyed Steel Ball Run! I agree that it is such a fun read! I'm almost caught up to Jojolion at this point and it's really good too!

I'm reading SBR really slow actually because Araki is taking it really slowly with Jojolion and I don't want to catch up to it and have no more Jojo material. That would destroy me :P

Why do you hate cats?

Nov 24, 2020 12:39 PM

May 2013
I just want everything to be okay.

Shit hasn't been okay for awhile now and I'm tired of it.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Nov 24, 2020 12:54 PM

Mar 2020
Jeritorias said:
Ooowoahvictoria said:

I'm reading SBR really slow actually because Araki is taking it really slowly with Jojolion and I don't want to catch up to it and have no more Jojo material. That would destroy me :P

Lol he is taking a while. I only have 16 more chapters until I'm caught up then I'll be out of new Jojo content :(

And after all this time

Nov 24, 2020 1:07 PM

Aug 2018
Ooowoahvictoria said:
Jeritorias said:

Lol, he is taking a while. I only have 16 more chapters until I'm caught up then I'll be out of new Jojo content :(

Exactly why I'm just so slow with it, same with berserk xD I am just trying to find more Jojo content, I just watched the Kishibe Rohan OVA yesterday xD
Maybe I'll watch the Old Jojo adaptation as well O_O
Also reading manga isn't my thing, I just couldn't wait for more that's why I just started Jojo manga any ways :P

Why do you hate cats?

Nov 24, 2020 1:09 PM
Jul 2018
Some dental works and a new PC. That's about it.
Nov 24, 2020 1:12 PM
Jul 2018
I just want some thoughtful gift that covers my interests, it's boring to just always get games and gift cards as save bets.
Nov 24, 2020 1:13 PM

Dec 2015
AmityBlight said:
Some dental works

Is it on your two front teeth? Are they all you want for Christmas?

Jeritorias said:

That's no way to talk about your current cat.
Nov 24, 2020 1:18 PM

Mar 2020
Jeritorias said:
Ooowoahvictoria said:

Lol, he is taking a while. I only have 16 more chapters until I'm caught up then I'll be out of new Jojo content :(

Exactly why I'm just so slow with it, same with berserk xD I am just trying to find more Jojo content, I just watched the Kishibe Rohan OVA yesterday xD
Also reading manga isn't my thing, I just couldn't wait for more that's why I just started Jojo manga any ways :P

Yeahhhh it's going to be a little while before I read Berserk lol. And I watch the Rohan OVA a while ago and I really enjoyed it. How'd you like it?

And after all this time

Nov 24, 2020 1:22 PM
Jul 2018
Bobby2Hands said:
AmityBlight said:
Some dental works

Is it on your two front teeth? Are they all you want for Christmas?

They good lol. Just one backs split in half and one just need filling.
Nov 24, 2020 1:27 PM

Aug 2018
Bobby2Hands said:

My current cat is non-existent, I think it doesn't really mind if I talk shit about it. So you don't have to worry :D

Ooowoahvictoria said:
Jeritorias said:

Yeahhhh it's going to be a little while before I read Berserk lol. And I watch the Rohan OVA a while ago and I really enjoyed it. How'd you like it?

It was really good, they gave it a sort of creepier tone compared to rest of the series, and I also don't mind getting Rohan being in the spotlight so it was a blast for me. Also I loved how none of the episodes were focused on stand battles, they showed how many more Bizarre things happen in this universe haha.

Berserk is really good. It's really dark but awesome nonetheless... the artstyle is awesome.

Why do you hate cats?

Nov 24, 2020 1:32 PM

Jun 2020
I just want money :P, some more clothes, and more physical copies of manga
Nov 24, 2020 1:33 PM

Mar 2020
Jeritorias said:
Bobby2Hands said:

My current cat is non-existent, I think it doesn't really mind if I talk shit about it. So you don't have to worry :D

Ooowoahvictoria said:

It was really good, they gave it a sort of creepier tone compared to rest of the series, and I also don't mind getting Rohan being in the spotlight so it was a blast for me. Also I loved how none of the episodes were focused on stand battles, they showed how many more Bizarre things happen in this universe haha.

Berserk is really good. It's really dark but awesome nonetheless... the artstyle is awesome.

The OVA is not what I thought it would be which I liked. I really want to read Berserk because I recently finished the 1997 adaptation and it left on such a weird note. Have you seen the 1997 anime?

And after all this time

Nov 24, 2020 1:37 PM

Aug 2018
Ooowoahvictoria said:
The OVA is not what I thought it would be which I liked. I really want to read Berserk because I recently finished the 1997 adaptation and it left on such a weird note. Have you seen the 1997 anime?

Exactly, that was awesome about the OVA.
No I haven't seen the any anime adaptation of Berserk T-T I picked up it's manga straight from the get go haha. I was playing a ton of dark souls and I read that Dark souls took a lot of inspiration from Berserk which led me to just pick it up over the anime adaptations first haha. I'll probably watch them later when I FINALLY finish the manga (which might be never xD)

Why do you hate cats?

Nov 24, 2020 1:41 PM

Mar 2020
Jeritorias said:
Ooowoahvictoria said:

No I haven't seen the any anime adaptation of Berserk T-T I picked up it's manga straight from the get go haha. I was playing a ton of dark souls and I read that Dark souls took a lot of inspiration from Berserk which led me to just pick it up over the anime adaptations first haha. I'll probably watch them later when I FINALLY finish the manga (which might be never xD)

Oh really? I had no idea that Dark Souls was inspired by Berserk.. That's really interesting :)

And after all this time

Nov 24, 2020 1:45 PM

Oct 2020
some pc specs would be nice to upgrade this shitty box. been struggling to use it since lockdown.
Nov 24, 2020 1:49 PM

Sep 2020
Would be cool to just get some new manga or maybe a season of anime I love, I honestly don't want much this year. Just wanna spend some time with my gf and family.
Nov 24, 2020 1:55 PM

Jun 2019
I do not want anything since I am an adult. But I need to buy a set of loudspeakers and an amplifier (for myself, and I will use the Christmas excuse to do so). Not going to invest a crazy amount of money, and I would start to believe in Santa Claus if @SadMadoka was kind enough to give me some recommendation (budget: a few thousands of dollars).
Nov 24, 2020 2:14 PM

Oct 2010
I want a good wine, my father said the grapes were good this year so I can expect something good on Saturnalia. I don't celebrate pagan holidays like christmas, Saturnalia is the best
Nov 24, 2020 2:20 PM

Aug 2014
Meusnier said:
I do not want anything since I am an adult. But I need to buy a set of loudspeakers and an amplifier (for myself, and I will use the Christmas excuse to do so). Not going to invest a crazy amount of money, and I would start to believe in Santa Claus if @SadMadoka was kind enough to give me some recommendation (budget: a few thousands of dollars).

I love how people summon me for audio advice. gwehehe~

If you can spend a few thousand (presumably USD), you have lots of options. For reference, I have owned loudspeaker and headphone systems ranging from under $100 to over $20,000.

The best speakers I owned for around your budget (well, they're $3K or so, but I think you can get them for closer to $2K now) are the Geithain RL 906 active studio monitors. They already come with internal amplifiers custom-designed for the speakers, so you can connect any analog source (including digital components that output an analog signal) to them and you're good to go.

However, the speakers I'm most curious about are the passive Omega Compact Alnico Monitors. I know a guy who claims they're better than anything he's heard in the five to six figure range even though they cost under $2K. He uses an insanely expensive system and could buy nearly any speaker in the world, but he uses those instead, so I guess they're pretty great. (I plan on buying them, but for the moment, I'm focusing on high-end headphones.)

If neither of these would fit your needs or you want something else in general, tell me more about your listening environment and so on.

If you want powerful sub-bass, you would need larger speakers or a subwoofer, and that's a whole 'nother can of worms because they're more challenging to set up properly.

For amplification of passive speakers, if all you want is something that works and isn't expensive, there are all sorts of integrated amps (basically a power amp and preamp in a single unit), and most are fine. I would just get something for one or two hundred dollars to start with, as it's best to allocate most of your budget toward the speakers themselves.

If you want tips for the rest of the system, let me know.

Examples of other components include a DAC (digital to analog converter), preamp (for controlling the volume) and various types of cables.

(You can always go the simplest route and just connect a computer to the speakers if they're active ones, but then you would have to control the volume via the computer, and there are other potential issues you could encounter.)
Nov 24, 2020 2:24 PM

Mar 2008
I want something that can't be given to me gift wrapped in a box.
Nov 24, 2020 2:28 PM

Apr 2020
Family and friends I could spend Christmas with would be nice for a start. But I think I'll just buy myself a PS5.
Nov 24, 2020 2:29 PM

Jun 2019
SadMadoka said:
Meusnier said:

I love how people summon me for audio advice. gwehehe~

If you can spend a few thousand (presumably USD), you have lots of options. For reference, I have owned loudspeaker and headphone systems ranging from under $100 to over $20,000.

The best speakers I owned for around your budget (well, they're $3K or so, but I think you can get them for closer to $2K now) are the Geithain RL 906 active studio monitors. They already come with internal amplifiers custom-designed for the speakers, so you can connect any analog source (including digital components that output an analog signal) to them and you're good to go.

However, the speakers I'm most curious about are the passive Omega Compact Alnico Monitors. I know a guy who claims they're better than anything he's heard in the five to six figure range even though they cost under $2K. He uses an insanely expensive system and could buy nearly any speaker in the world, but he uses those instead, so I guess they're pretty great. (I plan on buying them, but for the moment, I'm focusing on high-end headphones.)

If neither of these would fit your needs or you want something else in general, tell me more about your listening environment and so on.

If you want powerful sub-bass, you would need larger speakers or a subwoofer, and that's a whole 'nother can of worms because they're more challenging to set up properly.

For amplification of passive speakers, if all you want is something that works and isn't expensive, there are all sorts of integrated amps (basically a power amp and preamp in a single unit), and most are fine. I would just get something for one or two hundred dollars to start with, as it's best to allocate most of your budget toward the speakers themselves.

If you want tips for the rest of the system, let me know.

Examples of other components include a DAC (digital to analog converter), preamp (for controlling the volume) and various types of cables.

(You can always go the simplest route and just connect a computer to the speakers if they're active ones, but then you would have to control the volume via the computer, and there are other potential issues you could encounter.)

Wow, thank you so much, I did not even think that you would reply and thought about asking you in details later in a comment! This is very kind and helpful of yours! Maybe I can reply more in details in a comment not to derail the thread too much if you do not mind?
Nov 24, 2020 2:55 PM

Jul 2011
My mom already got me something and no it's unfortunately not the 1000€ Vergil figurine.

Nov 24, 2020 3:00 PM

Jun 2019
tsubasa_ said:
My mom already got me something and no it's unfortunately not the 1000€ Vergil figurine.

The PS5 I hope. Any other gift would be unacceptable.
Nov 24, 2020 3:01 PM

Apr 2014
I don’t want anything. If I want something, I go and buy it regardless of what day it is.
oh snap
Nov 24, 2020 3:02 PM

Jul 2011
Meusnier said:
tsubasa_ said:

Nah not gonna happen, it's sold out here. Will see if I can grab one next year myself.

Nov 24, 2020 3:07 PM

Feb 2019
I've already psychologically guilt-tripped my partner into getting me either a new winter jacket or a year's worth of cocaine.
Nov 24, 2020 3:09 PM
Jul 2018
Meusnier said:
tsubasa_ said:

I got mine day one! The games suck so far.
Nov 24, 2020 3:11 PM

Jun 2019
AmityBlight said:
Meusnier said:

The retired PC player in me is quite happy to hear about that.
Nov 24, 2020 3:13 PM
Jul 2018
Meusnier said:
AmityBlight said:

The retired PC player in me is quite happy to hear about that.

LOL. in 3 years will have something playing I know it. Until then just playing my PS4 games on it.
Nov 24, 2020 3:28 PM
Jul 2020
Sorry, Christopher, but Christmas is strictly prohibited in my religion.
Nov 24, 2020 4:10 PM
Aug 2018
A PlayStation 5, that would be great.
Nov 24, 2020 4:20 PM

Sep 2020
Christ ain't real so Christmas ain't real lol
Nov 24, 2020 4:40 PM
Jul 2018
(only if I would've had someone to actually give some presents), Lol...

but..., an iPad Air 4 [10.9"] (+ Apple pen and Paperlike screen protectors) would've been nice.
Nov 24, 2020 10:35 PM

Aug 2018
Ooowoahvictoria said:
Jeritorias said:

Oh really? I had no idea that Dark Souls was inspired by Berserk.. That's really interesting :)

Yeah, it is, almost all Souls Borne games are inspired by Berserk, or at least the character desings. Have you played them? :D

Why do you hate cats?

Nov 24, 2020 10:39 PM

Jun 2008
A Playstation 5.

So I can resell it to all the idiots paying 3 times the price on ebay!
Nov 24, 2020 10:55 PM
Jul 2018
I just want a girlfriend, an xbox and my discover card paid off
Nov 24, 2020 10:56 PM

Mar 2020
Jeritorias said:
Ooowoahvictoria said:

Yeah, it is, almost all Souls Borne games are inspired by Berserk, or at least the character desings. Have you played them? :D

Sadly I haven't played them but I really want to. I really want to play Bloodborne too.

And after all this time

Nov 24, 2020 10:59 PM

Aug 2018
Ooowoahvictoria said:
Jeritorias said:

Sadly I haven't played them but I really want to. I really want to play Bloodborne too.

I haven't played Bloodborne and that's the one I wanna pick up the most. So excited for it, just need a PS4/5 to finally play it lol. I've been playing Hades these days, it's awesome.

Why do you hate cats?

Nov 24, 2020 11:07 PM

Mar 2020
Jeritorias said:
Ooowoahvictoria said:

I haven't played Bloodborne and that's the one I wanna pick up the most. So excited for it, just need a PS4/5 to finally play it lol. I've been playing Hades these days, it's awesome.

Omg I've seen people play Hades and it looks so good! I love the art style.

And after all this time

Nov 24, 2020 11:18 PM

May 2014
Realistic answer: a package of Walmart socks and pay my $90 internet bill

Unrealistic answer: new gaming laptop and all My Hero Academia volumes

I’m broke because I lost 2 months of work due to COVID, so I’m not buying for myself or anyone else. They just get my wonderful friendship and support.
Nov 25, 2020 12:07 AM

Aug 2018
Ooowoahvictoria said:
Jeritorias said:

Yeah, it's really good, although tough as nails xD But it probably has to do something with the game running in low fps on my dummy laptop :P But it's so sooo good.

Why do you hate cats?

Nov 25, 2020 12:33 AM

Mar 2020
Jeritorias said:
Ooowoahvictoria said:

Yeah, it's really good, although tough as nails xD But it probably has to do something with the game running in low fps on my dummy laptop :P But it's so sooo good.

I NEED to play it. Maybe I'll start saving up money for video games instead of college lol :)

And after all this time

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is MAL dead? ( 1 2 3 )

-Mayhem- - Nov 30, 2022

131 by _YaoiShotaIncest »»
1 minute ago

» What Compliment Do You Hear Most Often?

ParisPlayboy01 - Jun 17

40 by xM1917 »»
32 minutes ago

» When did you first experience heartbreak in a romantic sense?

MeanMrMusician - Jun 4

47 by xM1917 »»
57 minutes ago

» Are the majority of people only pretending that their lives are miserable?

SmugMiri - Jun 20

22 by Zarutaku »»
1 hour ago

» Do you collect trading cards? ( 1 2 )

Malkshake - Apr 30

53 by mdo7 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.