Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 8 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 23, 2020 5:59 PM

Apr 2010
The best part of the episode was after the ED.
May 23, 2020 6:00 PM
Sep 2018
So Bakarina is so dumb that she got twice isekaid
May 23, 2020 6:05 PM

Jul 2016
I loved this episode.
I know this is not going to happen and it's not this kind of anime, but there is 4 guys and 4 girls, Catarina is already engaged to Geordo and Mary to Alan, they can marry, all they had to do is marry Nicol to Maria and Keith to Sophia, after that they would be friends forever and could engage in some... ahem ahem... group activities...
May 23, 2020 6:10 PM

Dec 2019
Isekai within an Isekai? That's mind blowing lol. Really funny episode and all but I've gotta say... what happened to the interesting plot premise we had? I feel like the main story is being neglected and instead of at least making their relationship develop they insist repetitively showing us the obsession they have on Katarina...

I like this anime, the characters, specially Katarina, and I also love the comedy, but I hope they start developing the plot premise and the relationships, otherwise this show will become just another funny harem .
CrossBlackMay 23, 2020 7:35 PM
May 23, 2020 6:25 PM

Nov 2017
My thoughts were exactly Mary’s thoughts all the time

plz @ me
May 23, 2020 7:10 PM
Feb 2018
Marinate1016 said:
I love how when everyone else was saying they’d accompany Bakarina to the library, Nicol doesn’t say anything and it just cuts to him joining in lol.

Seeing everyone’s inner desires get acted out within the book was hilarious. Particularly enjoyed Sophia and Nicol’s. Mary’s traumatised after having to see all of that, poor thing

Cute Alan and Katarina moment to end the episode, Mary putting her cockblocking skills on full display. She and Keith are competing for the award 😂

Great episode as usual, funny, fun and fast. Excited for next week’s adventures

Are you secretely on tvshowtime as well? I just saw your review there and i though i read it somewhere else, lol
May 23, 2020 7:39 PM

Mar 2019
My soul escaped this episode. Seeing most of there desires were really cool. I wish we could have seen Mary's and Maria's desires.

Mary seems like the yandere of this anime. We saw some cute moments. I love Nicol's personality and relationship with Katarina. I knew Katarina desire would be sweets she is more into them than questioning the groups desires. Also it seems that the fantasy and lure of all the things in this world is being built up.

Nice episode as always
May 23, 2020 9:12 PM

Jul 2017
Another anime-original episode (seems like this episode in particular is inspired from another LN), and it's an isekai within an isekai!

A normal study period for Mary and Katarina...soon becomes a harem-infested journey of desires.

Leaving Mary and Maria behind wasn't the thought process, but more like Bakarina's being fed of desires from the princes, even her own brother Keith and Sophia...whew that was one entire situation altogether.

All that, with Mary's frantic expressions, was totally mind-boggling priceless hilarity.

And getting them out was as easy as Bakarina fulfilling her desires for sweets. But the blushes on all their faces was just the icing on the cake (thank God Alan, you only played the piano).

The last scene of the tree climbing between Alan and Katarina harkens back to the beginning of the series (Episode 2), from young kids to young adults. The ship there is sailing, and Mary's in danger of losing her fiance...?

Another enjoyable filler, though the story should be getting back to form next week.
May 23, 2020 9:20 PM

Jan 2013
So basically everyone's desire is to stay with Katarina xD
And Katarina broke the book, a great way to end this little mini-story.

And what was that scene in the end? Between Katarina and Alan.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 23, 2020 9:27 PM
Feb 2018
Really sad how they didn't put her and Sophia playing games "IRL" or anything similar. It would be interesting to see the two girls outside watching that scene without understanding anything, it would also be much more romantic. But if this episode is original they probably didn't want to disrupt anything that will happen.
May 23, 2020 9:45 PM

May 2019
Well, these fillers are lowering the quality of the show already.

The last one adding a excuse for use of magic was nice, but now it forced them to expose their feelings just to make a weak gag? Come on. I know it is comedy, but not a excuse for any bad kind of comedic cliché.

Just the ending saved the episode, which was the only part from the source.

Come on Bakarina anime, there are just 4 ep left, dont disappoint me.

Btw the over 8,00 score in MAL is not possible anymore. It lowered 0,01 point by now, when it should be rising...
May 23, 2020 9:51 PM

Jun 2013
According to the comments, this is another Anime original. I thought it was from the LN. I've only read the manga. That post credits scene though. Looks like the studio ships Alan x Katarina.

One thing is for sure. Geordo is horny. Sophia and Mary are probably just second to him. Compare his fantasy/desire to theirs. He wanted to wine and sex her.
臭い-
May 23, 2020 10:51 PM
Oct 2019
SkyLETV said:
Another hilarious episode! I loved it when Sophia went crazy over Catarina, kabedon included lmao. That creepy Keith too lol.

I was already aware of Mary's big rack but I found them especially alluring in this episode. I mean... DAMN! Mary was great today.

Alan continues being the best of the guys. And I would have liked to see Mary and Maria's fantasies.

I never really notice Mary's rack, cause about 90% of my attention always goes to best girl Bakarina. Maybe I should focus on Mary next time
May 23, 2020 11:05 PM
May 2018
so everyone is cockblocking everyone while the person of interest remains oblivious

I really liked the kabedon scene, never thought Sophia would do that
May 23, 2020 11:42 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, having Mary seeing what her other love rivals wanted to do to her precious Katarina was such a new level of NTR xD

Seriously, this whole episode was such a shipping fest and I absolutely loved it. Wish Maria would have been trapped in the book as well tho. Would have liked to see what kind of desire she holds for Katarina.

Anyways, it was another enjoyable episode overall. Seeing everyone's inner desires was entertaining in different degrees but having Alan's one being cut short was kinda disappointing so I'm grateful for that sweet post-credits scene at the end. He easily got the best scenario and I couldn't be happier since I consider him my first option (from the guys) for our dense protagonist.
May 24, 2020 12:01 AM

Oct 2016
No one can beat the true ship. Bakarina x Sweets.
May 24, 2020 12:16 AM
Jul 2016
Poor Mary. I wonder what her desire could be. And I can't imagine what the other characters would react if they were in Mary and Maria place.
May 24, 2020 12:22 AM
Dec 2009
I hope Bakarina becoming more aware of her surrounding after this desire book. at least her inner though. how could she ignore that smol Sophia kabedon.
GO GO MARY! GO COCKBLOCK POLICE MARY!
May 24, 2020 1:01 AM
May 2020
Man, that was a much better anime-original episode than last time! In fact, I think this might be one of the best episodes in the series for me, was laughing throughout it. I'm just feeling so sorry for Mary though—everyone got to see their desires fulfilled, even if in a fictitious dream state, and poor Mary is stucking seeing it all, and having to deal with Alan beginning to realize his love for Bakarina. Hope she gets her centric part in future episodes lol. And Maria too.
May 24, 2020 1:34 AM

Dec 2018
In this episode we witness as eight young hearts retreat from the world in order to explore the depths of desire.

Ah, to be young! Ah, to be in love!

P.S.: I really wish Katarina would have commented on the fact she just got isekai'd out of her isekai. That's something I've only seen Shield Hero's manga pull off before.
If I could be an expert in just one arcane,
and madness inducing field of study,
it would be you.
May 24, 2020 1:50 AM

Jun 2011
I think something is wrong with this anime. Katarina is supposed to be a human who played otome game before. And now she is a dense character who can't even notice the feelings the others have toward her... This is like a big contradiction.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2020 2:13 AM
Apr 2020
This episode is just a usual. It's hilarious as usual! I laughed from start to end. It's so fun to watch a glimpse of their desires. Alan is the luckiest because his desire happened in the real world, their post-credits scene is so simple, yet so surreal. But, we have Mary the cockblocker. 😂
Ao_SkyMay 24, 2020 2:21 AM
May 24, 2020 2:24 AM

Dec 2018
Ao_Blue said:
This episode is just a usual. It's hilarious as usual! I laughed from start to end. It's so fun to watch a glimpse of their desires. Alan is the luckiest because his desire happened in the real world, their post-credits scene is so simple, yet so surreal. But, we have Mary the cockblocker. 😂

I mean, while she was absolutely cock-blocking him, she is also her feyonce, so if there was anyone she should be cock-blocking, its the second prince!
If I could be an expert in just one arcane,
and madness inducing field of study,
it would be you.
May 24, 2020 2:31 AM

Apr 2012
Durfesth21 said:
So Bakarina is so dumb that she got twice isekaid

Haha, 'had the same thought watching this episode.

Not really satisfied by this episode up to the ED. The sequence after the ED might be a clue that Bakarina's favorite character of the game is Alan.
I hope it's something like that, so that it would prevent the anime from getting nowhere (which seems to be the case right now).
May 24, 2020 3:04 AM
Jun 2017
This episode just confirm it--- this series is a yuri and a reverse harem at the same time. Hahaha..

Lady catarina mean while is just all.about sweets while the rest of them are thinking about her
May 24, 2020 3:07 AM

Feb 2014
I was surprised that this was another filler episode, but honestly, this was very entertaining and fun. LN readers here should lighten up a bit and stop treating filler episodes so harshly. =/

Although, I do agree that this episode would've been more suited as a special or OVA instead. ^_^;

Mary is one of my favourite characters in this show, so when she and Maria missed out on getting sucked into the book of desires, I knew that she'll spend most of this episode having a panic attack over everyone else's desires.

Not surprisingly, I was right, as Mary's reactions was pure comedy gold. Nicol and Sophia's desires got a lot of laughs out of me. Same with Alan, whose desire was shown for a few seconds before Mary slammed the book shut, knowing what would've happened. XD

The post-credit scene was really nice. Not only does the sunset background shots look absolutely pretty, but Katarina and Alan sitting close together while viewing the sunset was awesome. It only adds to the ever continuing conundrum of who I think would be the best partner for Katarina.

Of course, it didn't take long for Mary to notice the two in the tree and she reacted like the cock-blocker that she is. XD
May 24, 2020 3:30 AM

Oct 2007
as someone who has read the novel and manga, I'm entertained to see these episode.. because they show something I have not seen yet.

Mary would become even more careful now, since she now knows the desire of everyone! xp
May 24, 2020 5:17 AM

Jun 2016
this episode kinda boring
May 24, 2020 6:50 AM
Jan 2020
04:36 Indeed Nicole’s personality. He just joined them without saying anything :))
16:29 those arent the eyes of an anime character anymore
17:11 Catarina was like Kirby
Poison mushrooms, legendary, magic books, her hunger can´t be quelled
I thought the last part would be a what if scenerio about Mary and Maria's desire ~~
At least they didn't have desires as lewd as Holding H**ds
May 24, 2020 7:44 AM

Jan 2019
This episode got me good
[font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"] aa[/font]

May 24, 2020 8:42 AM

Mar 2019
That overfilled Bakarina is so cursed....

Also Katarina x Sweets best couple
change my mind
"You're having lewd thoughts aren't you?"
"My thoughts are a hundred times more lewd that what you're imagining."

--Sakurajima Mai and Azusagawa Sakuta Bunny Girl Senpai
May 24, 2020 9:10 AM

Apr 2015
This is the only episode from this series I didn't enjoy, just felt like they wasted a lot of time, but it was fun to see Maria get a lot of screentime (and also, I used to like Mary but not anymore, she's just annoying)

3/5
May 24, 2020 9:28 AM
Mar 2015
No book can contain Caterina's desire for sweets
May 24, 2020 10:18 AM

May 2015
Oh wow. Just as I was sad that Alan's desire was cut so short... what was that ending? And no, Mary, you shouldn't intervene. I was pretty inclined to ship Alan x Katarina before but now I'm convinced.

I also enjoy her moments with Nicole though. But yeah, I guess now I'm finally more decisive about ships here. Her dynamics with quieter boys just seems so spot on.

Among girls, I like Sophia better but with that story from a previous episode, it's more of a beautiful friendship still.
May 24, 2020 10:58 AM

Apr 2012
As funny as every episode is with this whole harem thing I'm still kinda sad that there is no chance for any other ship to sail. I'd really love to see Mary and Alan actually falling in love because I understand that everyone is in love with Katarina but it's starting to be a bit boring.
May 24, 2020 11:35 AM

May 2015
OMG I love Mary!!!! I absolutely love how open she is about her affection and her distain for others getting close. This episode really highlighted that.

That Sophia Cabedon though XD.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
May 24, 2020 12:42 PM

Mar 2020
it's not funny anymore try different jokes
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
May 24, 2020 3:21 PM
Apr 2020
jimfaindel said:
Ao_Blue said:

I mean, while she was absolutely cock-blocking him, she is also her feyonce, so if there was anyone she should be cock-blocking, its the second prince!

Mary cockblocked everyone except for Maria. And Mary is cockblocking Alan for as long as she can remember.
May 24, 2020 9:03 PM

Aug 2015
My favorite dream was Nicol´s because it was some mix of Tuxedo Mask and Joker. It really shows he reads those shojo books his little sister have.

Alan is definitively the pure boy between the harem, and Geordo/Mary the hornier.
May 24, 2020 9:52 PM
May 24, 2020 9:58 PM
Nov 2015
Fancerfice episode it's fine.

But I hope they kick to the main plot now............with teasing seacond season instead....
May 24, 2020 11:03 PM

Feb 2010
I hope next episode we finally move to the main plot, this episode just feel like a filler to waste.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

May 25, 2020 2:12 AM
Mar 2019
I keep on forgetting that Alan has the same VA as Prince Noctis
May 25, 2020 2:38 AM

Jul 2014
Sophia kabedon! Heart got kyun
"Everyone fails sometimes
But dreams won't fade, dreams won't fade
Let's chase them as many times as it takes and don't lose
Because today after all is today and once you wake up, it'll be a new morning"

~Aqours~
May 25, 2020 3:34 AM

Nov 2011
Last 2-3 eps have been pretty meh, what happened?

roppuri said:
I hope next episode we finally move to the main plot, this episode just feel like a filler to waste.

This

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
May 25, 2020 4:59 AM

Jan 2016
If anybody knows the name of the soundtrack playing during the after-credits scene please tell me aaaa I loved it
May 25, 2020 6:29 AM

Aug 2018
i fear the full extent of Catarina's diabetes.

May 25, 2020 9:48 AM

Dec 2016
jimfaindel said:
P.S.: I really wish Katarina would have commented on the fact she just got isekai'd out of her isekai. That's something I've only seen Shield Hero's manga pull off before.

Do you think we will get this scene in second or third season of shield hero?
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
May 25, 2020 10:03 AM

Sep 2007
Oh man....last's week's episode was so cringeworthy for me but this makes up for it...
I mean....Geordo's and Keith's desires were shown a bit overboard (Geordo and his dramatic wine cup toss, spin, catch.....and Keith's thing felt out of character like he was tapping into his "play-boy" personality from original game (pre-Katerina changing him)

But I LOLED so hard at Sophia's KABE-DON and Mary just slamming the book shut at Alan's turn.

Nicol's desire was just....idk...lol at Tuxedo Mask-like look but *FACEPALM*

I thought for sure Katerina's desire would be something related to friends but I guess it is easier to go with the route the animation team went with: Unlimited Snacks Works.

Hmm....considering there's only supposed to be 4 episodes left in the season....I'm going to guess the next episode could still possibly be filler with the "main plot" being wrapped up in last 3 eps but I HOPE AND PRAY that's not the case.....not to say I hate these "fillers" but well....you know....I think the same jokes shouldn't be continually be beaten on...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
May 25, 2020 1:03 PM

Nov 2016
Nice bakarina feets UwU

Yes Mary Kill the whole harem give us the yuri route!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2020

125 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 3:58 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

164 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2020

236 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2020

135 by tunaworks »»
Mar 27, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

192 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 3, 8:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.