Forum Settings
Forums

What was the anime that was ruined by the mc

New
Mar 10, 2020 7:48 PM
Nov 2019
Amazing concept, decent plot but then every got ruined because of the main characters
For myself
Danganronpa 3: despair ark: chiaki nanami
Your lie in april
SAO is the most underrated overrated anime
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 10, 2020 8:37 PM

Mar 2018
Fate/Stay Night would be so much better if Emiya wasn't so corny.
Mar 10, 2020 8:43 PM

Dec 2019
Boruto and psycho-pass 2 (Mika) god one of the most annoying/retarded chara ever created in the industry i don't even understand the point of her being a main :@
                                                         ๐Ÿ–ค   

Mar 10, 2020 8:47 PM

Feb 2017
Anime's coming out later this summer, Kanojo Okarishimashu. Dude is constantly bitching and moaning about how hard everything is when literally everything is his fault when it comes to causing problems for himself and the girls he's involved with. It's such a shame because the art is honestly stellar.
๐˜ผ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก ๐™™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™—๐™ค๐™™๐™ฎ
Mar 10, 2020 8:51 PM
Nov 2019
E_Creator said:
Anime's coming out later this summer, Kanojo Okarishimashu. Dude is constantly bitching and moaning about how hard everything is when literally everything is his fault when it comes to causing problems for himself and the girls he's involved with. It's such a shame because the art is honestly stellar.

I actually think that pathetic mc is often better than op mc, they create much more narrative, imagine that dude was someone like kirito the whole show would be shit. The main reason i like gosick is because while its main characters is not as smart, it give us a standard of a “normal person” in a fantasy world and it is fun to see story created because of his naiveness
Mar 10, 2020 8:55 PM
Jul 2018
Re:Zero. Want to watch it so bad but damn I can’t stand that shitfaced degenerate Subaru. I’ve never thought I’d hate any character more than I hate Deku, but here we go. Tbh I don’t even hate Deku anymore, as all my eternal hate goes to Subaru

Nanatsu no Taizai. I honestly like almost every character (especially Diane and King), except the pervy midget Meliodas. Thw show would be so much better without his ugly ass
Mar 10, 2020 8:57 PM

Jul 2017
If Melida didn't turn out to be the true MC of Assassin's Pride, who knows it may have actually been a good show

also Rakka from Haibane Renmei because she's about as entertaining as boiling water in an electronic kettle

E_Creator said:

+10000000 to this. That MC is pure garbage
Mar 10, 2020 8:58 PM

Feb 2017
SamTHK said:
E_Creator said:

I actually think that pathetic mc is often better than op mc, they create much more narrative, imagine that dude was someone like kirito the whole show would be shit. The main reason i like gosick is because while its main characters is not as smart, it give us a standard of a “normal person” in a fantasy world and it is fun to see story created because of his naiveness
Totally fair, and I love Renton from Eureka Seven because of his transformation from pathetic to someone who is actually reliable. The bigger issue to me is that he never ever learns from his mistakes. It becomes quite grating when he recognizes that he's doing the wrong thing and yet still never really has to bother with serious consequences, he just makes a big deal about it.
๐˜ผ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก ๐™™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™—๐™ค๐™™๐™ฎ
Mar 10, 2020 8:58 PM

Mar 2016
I think a lot of YA is ruined because of the MCs. Like: BnHA is bad because Midoriya sees his bully as a hero, Naruto has three annoying kids as its lead characters, almost every romance story is just 'boy meets girl, and thus they should fall in love'. (So, I guess I want writers to treat their characters as people with souls, before looking at their roles in the plot.)
Mar 10, 2020 9:01 PM
Nov 2019
E_Creator said:
SamTHK said:

Totally fair, and I love Renton from Eureka Seven because of his transformation from pathetic to someone who is actually reliable. The bigger issue to me is that he never ever learns from his mistakes. It becomes quite grating when he recognizes that he's doing the wrong thing and yet still never really has to bother with serious consequences, he just makes a big deal about it.

Well that is another thing, so you mean that that dude never learn, so no character development. Then i would have to agree with you
Mar 10, 2020 9:04 PM
Nov 2019
ysphyr said:
Re:Zero. Want to watch it so bad but damn I can’t stand that shitfaced degenerate Subaru. I’ve never thought I’d hate any character more than I hate Deku, but here we go. Tbh I don’t even hate Deku anymore, as all my eternal hate goes to Subaru

Nanatsu no Taizai. I honestly like almost every character (especially Diane and King), except the pervy midget Meliodas. Thw show would be so much better without his ugly ass

Subaru is a illogical peice of a character if you call him one, rem killed him -> he love her anyway without trauma, then after having a steady relationship with rem -> i love emilia, after having torture -> litterally no trauma (akame ga kill vibe)
Mar 10, 2020 9:05 PM
Nov 2019
Short_Circut said:
If Melida didn't turn out to be the true MC of Assassin's Pride, who knows it may have actually been a good show

also Rakka from Haibane Renmei because she's about as entertaining as boiling water in an electronic kettle

E_Creator said:

It can’t be a good show, even if the mc is not garbage it just can’t the whole cast was shit
Mar 10, 2020 9:08 PM
Mar 2016
The Pet Girl of Sakurasou: It felt like he shouted and overreacted at every scene. My ears actually hurt watching it, but I still enjoyed it.

Hunter x Hunter: I can't say Gon ruined the anime for me because HxH is still one of my favorite animes, but I just found Gon boring. I liked Gon's development, but I feel like HxH would've been better if Gon was more badass like Yusuke.

Kimi ni Todoke: Some of her scenes just piss me off

Tokyo Ghoul: I'm unsure if it's purely because of a poor adaptation, but I've never been interested in Kaneki. It felt like he changed his personality too much that I never got used to or liked one.
Mar 10, 2020 9:09 PM

Jul 2017
SamTHK said:
Short_Circut said:

It can’t be a good show, even if the mc is not garbage it just can’t the whole cast was shit

Eh, I wouldn't really say that (you're talking about AP right?). The beginning with Kufa observing Melida was pretty interesting, and the story behind Rosetti (and her dynamics with Kufa) was interesting as well. If the story chose to follow either of those instead of resorting to cheap girl drama and yuri-bait, then it could've had lots of potential
Mar 10, 2020 9:10 PM
Apr 2019
Naho Takamiya from Orange. I loved the story idea and I loved Kakeru, but I just couldn't handle Naho for just being a doormat protagonist. :/ I'm still debating on watching the anime...
Mar 10, 2020 9:10 PM

Oct 2014
even though the show got better, black clover still suffers from a lackluster/annoying mc. another one would be accel world. fuck me that show was hard to watch.
Mar 10, 2020 9:11 PM
Mar 2016
FuMomo-kun said:
I think a lot of YA is ruined because of the MCs. Like: BnHA is bad because Midoriya sees his bully as a hero, Naruto has three annoying kids as its lead characters, almost every romance story is just 'boy meets girl, and thus they should fall in love'. (So, I guess I want writers to treat their characters as people with souls, before looking at their roles in the plot.)
I've always thought of it as "lets make the MC pathetic so theres character development throughout the story." In Deku's case, he becomes strong as his bully and Naruto proves everyone who doubted him wrong. I can't stand Deku and I can't get past the first season of Naruto when I rewatch
Mar 10, 2020 9:17 PM
Jul 2018
SamTHK said:
ysphyr said:

Subaru is a illogical peice of a character if you call him one, rem killed him -> he love her anyway without trauma, then after having a steady relationship with rem -> i love emilia, after having torture -> litterally no trauma (akame ga kill vibe)

Dude, I just can’t tell you how much do I hate the idea that the two queens like Emilia and Rem could fall for that ugly short lame bitch. Wtf is this travesty. And people have the audacity to discuss “who’s the best girl for Subaru”.
Mar 10, 2020 9:26 PM
Nov 2019
ysphyr said:
SamTHK said:

Dude, I just can’t tell you how much do I hate the idea that the two queens like Emilia and Rem could fall for that ugly short lame bitch. Wtf is this travesty. And people have the audacity to discuss “who’s the best girl for Subaru”.

Even felix can’t even be best girl for him
Mar 10, 2020 9:39 PM
Jul 2018
SamTHK said:
ysphyr said:

Even felix can’t even be best girl for him

Of course not, not the cutiepie Felix! Ahh, why the hell are all other characters so fine, it’s like the creator is a sadist and wants everyone to suffer

Subaru needs to get isekaied to Okama Island from OP, that’s the place for him to be, not the Re:Zero universe.
Mar 10, 2020 9:52 PM
Nov 2019
SadisticSougo said:
The Mc From Gosick i don’t remember his name but I just remember that he didn’t add anything to the story
He was a good MC you can’t just put over the top and quirky characters in a show and have no normal standard it would be shit, imagine danganronpa (the game) without their mc, it would not be as good.
Mar 10, 2020 10:44 PM
Mar 2017
Naruto series, AOT, BNHA, re zero, trigun and inuyasha etc
Mar 10, 2020 11:07 PM
Mar 2020
Zackkhan said:
Naruto series, AOT, BNHA, re zero, trigun and inuyasha etc
nothing wrong with eren, most apt mc in my opinion.
Mar 10, 2020 11:14 PM
Mar 2018
This hasn't happened to me yet because the most important thing I look in anime first is the ost then the plot and then the characters, having good characters is a bonus but not necessary for me.

P.S. - I've had instances where the mcs were good, but the plot sucked.
Example - Bunny girl senpai

Mar 11, 2020 12:04 AM

Nov 2011
Many series has uninteresting or/and annoying MC, but one series I think could be far better with a better MC is Durarara!!. The setting and story telling are fun, but Mikado (and Anri) is reaalllly boring.
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Mar 11, 2020 12:43 AM

Jun 2016
I used to hate shiro from fate before I played/read/completed/whatevered the VN. He was boring, bland and unlikeable in the anime but he's actually my second favorite character in the VN. Also chiaki "tits" nanami is the best girl in dangaronpa 2. Or second best after peko. Or third after sonia. Or maybe mikan. I really need to rank them.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Mar 11, 2020 12:44 AM

Jul 2019
ysphyr said:

Completely agree with you on this. I would add Gon. He is not a bad character in general, but he was the most uninteresting character in the series. He is completely plain in comparison to the MC from Togashi's other manga - Yusuke Urameshi from Yuu Yuu Hakusho, who is one of the best MCs in anime IMO.
Mar 11, 2020 12:52 AM

Jul 2016
No game no life because sora and shiro are irredeemable assholes that have a severe god complex.
Mar 11, 2020 1:00 AM

Jul 2019
SAO would be so much better is Kirito wasn't such a shit character
Every character from SDS except Ban and Escanor. Meliodas is the worst
Maken Ki.
Naruto. Naruto is just annoying.
AOT: Eren is just a big no
Mar 11, 2020 1:13 AM

Jul 2016
Dr Stone might've been fun for me if the protagonists were swapped out for someone, anyone else.
Mar 11, 2020 2:34 AM

Jun 2017
Unpopular opinion but Chihayafuru is ruined by Chihaya :)
Mar 11, 2020 2:41 AM

Apr 2019
Naruto. The protagonist is annoying af imo.
Mar 11, 2020 2:58 AM
Jan 2015
Mirai Nikki's MC
I usually like death game , but the MC made me drop it
Mar 11, 2020 3:00 AM
Dec 2019
fate stay night, bnha, hitman reborn, and not MC but rem ruined re:zero

@ysphyr rem is not a queen, she is a pile of trash
Mar 11, 2020 3:23 AM
Jul 2018
BobRossTree said:

She seems like a cute little pumpkin to me. I like everything about her and especially her plump chubby cheeks.
Mar 11, 2020 3:55 AM
Mar 2019
I really didn't like Eren in Shingeki no kyojin I had issues with him and even mikasa. Eren gets better later on but takes way too long if you ask me.

Shirou Emiya from Fate series is very annoying,
Natsu in FT made me drop the show, and Raki in claymore is Super annoying
DAY_ONE_ISHMar 11, 2020 4:03 AM
Mar 11, 2020 4:06 AM

Sep 2019
It has to be the MC of Seiren. I can't remember his name... yet, I can remember Juuichi from Amagami SS easily.

Juuichi at least had some good personality and quirkes; the guy from Seiren was just boring and his romance with the girls... actually, I take that back. Girl, I didn't even bother with the second girl/arc.
"You know you've reached peak quality when a doujin is better than the actual source series." (Eg. To LOVE-Ru)

Just to list a couple of biases.
Likes: A good story, characters, writing, romance, a good plot twist or something that breaks expectations (In a good way), 'backstory' and justice.
Dislikes: Bad romance, too much fanservice, the harem genre, yuri, yaoi, and bad writing.

Mar 11, 2020 4:09 AM
Dec 2019
ysphyr said:
BobRossTree said:

She seems like a cute little pumpkin to me. I like everything about her and especially her plump chubby cheeks.

unfortunate, i hope she dies painfully
Mar 11, 2020 4:13 AM

Aug 2018
The index part of the toaru series, index and touma are so average and mediocre that they just get complete overshadowed by misaka and accelerator later in the series

They're also why I enjoyed index far less than railgun, the characters in railgun is what made the show

Also may I add Jonathan joestar cause unlike all other JoJos after him he doesn't really have a personality, and being a gentleman isn't really one
yotiMar 11, 2020 4:20 AM
Mar 11, 2020 4:13 AM

Jul 2015
Symphogear has an utter Mary Sue as a MC and it's unbearable.

Mar 11, 2020 4:14 AM

Sep 2017
I'm not quite done with it yet but I HATE Kamille from Zeta Gundam. If Char wasn't there to counterbalance him, I would be completely miserable.
The Manga is always superior. And we all need to just learn to live with that fact.
Mar 11, 2020 4:19 AM

Jul 2015
probably the MC from kokoro connect. dude was a fucking doofus
anime enjoyer
Mar 11, 2020 4:39 AM
Dec 2017
yoti said:
The index part of the toaru series, index and touma are so average and mediocre that they just get complete overshadowed by misaka and accelerator later in the series

They're also why I enjoyed index far less than railgun, the characters in railgun is what made the show

Also may I add Jonathan joestar cause unlike all other JoJos after him he doesn't really have a personality, and being a gentleman isn't really one

I agree, touma is just annoying. If only he is not the MC, the show would have been a lot better
Mar 11, 2020 5:08 AM

Aug 2018
ysphyr said:

Umaru from your favorites is way worse and unlike Subaru doesn't even try to better herself!
Mar 11, 2020 5:09 AM

Jan 2020
FMAB was almost ruined by the MC. Thank god the story is good and some characters are awesome to balance that out.
My youtube channel about music and anime :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_rrNoYApg1VQ-PIT7jZ37Q
Mar 11, 2020 5:15 AM
Jul 2018
epidemia78 said:
ysphyr said:

Umaru from your favorites is way worse and unlike Subaru doesn't even try to better herself!

At least she’s not ugly and useless, you know? Attractive (and successful) people/characters always get a pass in my world.

But I don’t care, I’ve never said Umaru was the best character ever, I just find her ways to be relatable.
Mar 11, 2020 5:17 AM

Aug 2018
AnimeSuckABit said:
FMAB was almost ruined by the MC. Thank god the story is good and some characters are awesome to balance that out.

He's half of the reason I still haven't finished that series. The other half was the cringe humor.
Mar 11, 2020 5:21 AM

Jul 2013
Short_Circut said:

E_Creator said:

Haibane Renmei isn't supposed to just be entertaining though lol. It is a slow-paced atmospheric show. I don't get why people try to force weird things onto a clearly depressed and lonely character. Why does she need to be "entertaining". Would ruin the entire point of her character.
Mar 11, 2020 5:21 AM

May 2018
Revisions. Daisuke Doujima ruins everything.
Mar 11, 2020 5:22 AM

May 2017
Fairy Tail is the first that comes to mind.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Digitalization of the modern world and anime

RobertBobert - 1 hour ago

9 by RobertBobert »»
7 minutes ago

» we already have anime about 30 year old men so why not anime about 30 year old moms be the next trend?

tappioca - 7 hours ago

15 by tchitchouan »»
8 minutes ago

» Best green haired girl? ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - Feb 1

55 by Spunkert »»
10 minutes ago

» Do you take screenshots of Anime

ST63LTH - 8 hours ago

31 by tchitchouan »»
11 minutes ago

» Best purple haired girl?

Spunkert - Jan 29

38 by Spunkert »»
11 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.