Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »
Jan 16, 2020 3:02 AM

Jun 2012
LegendaryRQA said:
DEAR GOD, that took a wile...

I just spent the last 2 days reading this ENTIRE thread start to finish to make sure i had as much context as possible before posting here and so i don't sound like an idiot.

Here are my thoughts.

This is the mods fault. Period. Unequivocally and Unquestionably.

The website is still based on a ~15 year old design and they just seem to keep fixing things until it has to be replaced, much like the voting system.
Jan 16, 2020 12:55 PM

May 2009
Mods should just make that accounts with less than 10 anime rated shouldn't be included in average rating
Jan 16, 2020 1:25 PM

Dec 2018
Tsumilk said:
I'm guessing it will never get fixed. What an impressive administration service.

tbh it's been almost 2 months and moderators are just pretending this doesn't exist
Jan 16, 2020 1:50 PM

Aug 2012
What's the point of this people? I really don't get it.
Jan 16, 2020 4:49 PM

Oct 2014
AvihayAnimes said:
What's the point of this people? I really don't get it.

Venting frustration.
Message me for Fate/ information
Jan 17, 2020 10:21 AM
Jul 2019
justasadguy said:
Tsumilk said:
I'm guessing it will never get fixed. What an impressive administration service.

tbh it's been almost 2 months and moderators are just pretending this doesn't exist

if we include the fmab vs snk fake account battle it's been almost 6 months
Jan 18, 2020 11:40 PM

Apr 2012
-GilgaSmash- said:
Tsumilk said:

They busy deleting thread comments of people calling each other idiots as of that's the main issues with this website hahaha

And also deleting and banning people who disliked demon slayer for "trolling".
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Jan 19, 2020 12:18 AM

Aug 2013
...huh, this is weird. When I saw the score I thought people just didn't like it as much as the other seasons, but now I see it was actually a spam attack.

Can someone get me into the loop? Why did this happen? Too many replies for me to read. I know there has always been problems like this with people downvoting some shows, but Chihayafuru 3 seems like a pretty random target.
Jan 19, 2020 1:43 AM

Oct 2014
Satyr_icon said:
Too many replies for me to read.

/me eye twitching
Jan 19, 2020 2:31 AM

Jun 2015
LegendaryRQA said:
Satyr_icon said:
Too many replies for me to read.

/me eye twitching
Brilliant.

This is never getting fixed.
Read Toriko!
Jan 19, 2020 7:36 AM

Jun 2019
Satyr_icon said:
...huh, this is weird. When I saw the score I thought people just didn't like it as much as the other seasons, but now I see it was actually a spam attack.

Can someone get me into the loop? Why did this happen? Too many replies for me to read. I know there has always been problems like this with people downvoting some shows, but Chihayafuru 3 seems like a pretty random target.

Fair enough, some isolated individuals (presumably just one guy) started to massively downvote Chihayafuru 3 at the moment the score was 8.60 and Vinland Saga was 8.57. By some coincidence, the bots gave 1 to Chihaya and 10 to VS, but later on, to popular shounen like HxH, SnK or KnY. The score dropped below 7 after more than 1500 bots were created. Removing them would yield a score of 8,80+.

On page 1, the messages of the admins said that they would not delete the fake accounts manually and wait until a general solution is found. So they said almost 7 weeks ago...
Jan 20, 2020 11:07 AM

Nov 2013
So that's why this season have bad rating, too bad there's childish guy doing childish things.
Jan 21, 2020 12:05 AM

Oct 2019
Someones downvoting Chihayafuru 3 again, now with a bunch of accounts giving it a 3/10 with 24/24 episodes watched. Just thought id bring that up.
Jan 21, 2020 1:09 AM

Oct 2014
Fionavar said:
Someones downvoting Chihayafuru 3 again, now with a bunch of accounts giving it a 3/10 with 24/24 episodes watched. Just thought id bring that up.

Yep, it ruined the nice little Half-Life Curve the scores had.

Jan 21, 2020 2:50 AM
Sep 2015
For anybody wondering I calculated the weighted average excluding all votes for 1 at 8.79 as of the posting of this message. I think it is fair to say that without the review bombing and the subsequent review boosting by people trying to counter-balance that Chihayafuru 3 would currently be sitting somewhere in the ballpark of 8.3 to 8.7
Jan 21, 2020 3:42 AM

Feb 2019
Now someone is spamming 3 to this anime with multiple accounts.
Jan 21, 2020 3:43 AM

Feb 2019
Tokcen said:
For anybody wondering I calculated the weighted average excluding all votes for 1 at 8.79 as of the posting of this message. I think it is fair to say that without the review bombing and the subsequent review boosting by people trying to counter-balance that Chihayafuru 3 would currently be sitting somewhere in the ballpark of 8.3 to 8.7
It's not just about 1s tho. Trolls are creating multiple accounts and rating it less than 4.
Jan 21, 2020 10:59 PM

Jun 2015
cythraul said:
Tokcen said:
It's not just about 1s tho. Trolls are creating multiple accounts and rating it less than 4.
It was over 8.5 when they started raiding it and yeah they need to remove all the low scores and let the real people re-rate them. Maybe it'll happen by 2022. They seem to be busy with more important stuff....
Read Toriko!
Jan 22, 2020 1:31 AM
Apr 2019
Fuck!!! Someone fix the score 😑. It's been a long time now.
Jan 22, 2020 7:48 PM

May 2018
Vinland Saga BD/DVD sales flop in Japan and that please a Chihayafuru fan like me.
http://www.someanithing.com/11027
Karma is a bitch.
Jan 22, 2020 7:50 PM

May 2015
Gorochu said:
Vinland Saga BD/DVD sales flop in Japan and that please a Chihayafuru fan like me.
Karma is a bitch.

The personal vendetta you have against VS is hilarious. 😂

Jan 22, 2020 7:53 PM

May 2018
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Gorochu said:
Karma is a bitch.

Enjoy having your favorite flop in both anime and manga sales.
Jan 22, 2020 7:54 PM

May 2015
Gorochu said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Enjoy getting heated over nothing.

Jan 22, 2020 9:13 PM

Mar 2017
Well at least Chihayafuru 3 crawled back up to 7.4 even if in all seriousness the score deserves to be so much more :-(.
The right to violate the rights of the people belong only to the people themselves!
Jan 23, 2020 3:15 AM

May 2018
MehmetY said:
Gorochu said:
Karma is a bitch.

This is very bad news for Wit Studio. They were already suffering from staff losses.

At least Symphogear XV's BD sales are very high. If sales were bad --even after they used very high budget on XV-- Satelight could have been badly damaged too.

Edit: I just saw this new is from 30 Aug, Vinland Saga's BD sales may have increased after it finished.

Current average sales per volume is at 265.
http://www.someanithing.com/series-data-quick-view
Jan 23, 2020 3:45 AM

May 2019
Gorochu said:
MehmetY said:

This is very bad news for Wit Studio. They were already suffering from staff losses.

At least Symphogear XV's BD sales are very high. If sales were bad --even after they used very high budget on XV-- Satelight could have been badly damaged too.

Edit: I just saw this new is from 30 Aug, Vinland Saga's BD sales may have increased after it finished.

Current average sales per volume is at 265.
http://www.someanithing.com/series-data-quick-view
Less sales than Pupa and Hand Shakers. Big RIP for the squad.
Jan 23, 2020 4:16 AM

Aug 2018
oh boi oh boi ! guys come in & grab your popcorns,Sales war! sales war!

flop vs flop ,which fanbase gonna win ?
Jan 23, 2020 10:37 AM

Aug 2016
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Gorochu said:

Its not nothing. Its a painful attack towards a amazing anime with the goal of destroying its reputation. Think about all the people behind this series. What these Vinland Sage fans have done is basically defamation and abuse.
Jan 23, 2020 10:59 AM

May 2015
Mark_Dingemanse said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Its not nothing. Its a painful attack towards a amazing anime with the goal of destroying its reputation. Think about all the people behind this series. What these Vinland Sage fans have done is basically defamation and abuse.

That's not what I meant. I have no problem with people being upset over the score trolling/botting that's been going on. I also think it's bs and the people doing it are sad and pathetic. What I meant with my reply is that some people are blowing this out of proportion. We don't even know how many people are botting, it could only be a few. The vast majority of VS fans don't do shit like this, nor would they care that another show was rated higher. Yet some people here are acting like the entire fanbase is like that, while going on a "fuck VS" crusade. I mean, the dude I replied to said before that he literally gave the show a 1 out of spite. And now he's posting sales data as a "haha gotcha" moment...

You guys have every right to be pissed about what's happening, but some of you are acting just as childish as the ones trolling the mean score. That's what I'm taking issue with.
TsukuyomiREKTJan 23, 2020 11:05 AM

Jan 23, 2020 11:16 AM

Oct 2014
Gorochu said:
Karma is a bitch.

That's sad. It was one of the best shows of the year :/ And blue-ray sales are the number one determining factor whether a show gets as second season or not...
Jan 23, 2020 11:35 AM
Jan 2019
Wow this hasn't been fixed yet? I'm surprised, you'd think the mods of MAL would want to take care of this problem as soon as possible to prevent it from happening again to such a degree.

Hopefully it's taken care of before the end of this season, I am curious to see how high the score will jump.
Jan 23, 2020 11:59 AM

Mar 2014
Gorochu said:
Karma is a bitch.

Ridiculous. You are doing your favorite show no favors by overgeneralizing and keeping that malicious attitude. Also you downvoted VS without watching it just in spite, you act like the things you hate, talk about hypocrisy.
At this rate you are just enticing other VS fans to actually come and downvote Chihayafuru for real, that's what YOU are creating, an imaginary rivalry between two fandoms of very different shows, YOU have become part of the problem.

I bet most Vinland Saga fans in have not seen Chihayafuru, VS is a seinen anyway, it should have a more mature audience and most mature people won't waste their time sabotaging a show they have not watched. Thinking it was "Vinland Saga fans" is ridiculous and nonsensical and you cannot assure anything, you don't have a clear picture of who the responsible were. It was probably just one or two idiots with too much time in their hands to sabotage Chihayafuru 3, i'm sorry for it and i hope MAL finds a fix for this kind of problem soon but you should drop that shitty ass attitude already, you cannot assure the things you claim. seen you spam the same thing over and over in so many posts and threads it has become quite tiresome.
Jan 23, 2020 2:49 PM

Dec 2018
I don't even know why Vinland Saga's dvd sales was brought up here as it has nothing to do with Chihayafuru's rating score or Chihayafuru in general.

Anyways its nice to see the score rebound a bit, but a ratings score should be the last thing you look at if you are looking around for new anime to watch as it doesn't really determine if the series is good or not.

Jan 24, 2020 5:17 AM
Aug 2018
LegendaryRQA said:
Gorochu said:
Karma is a bitch.

That's sad. It was one of the best shows of the year :/ And blue-ray sales are the number one determining factor whether a show gets as second season or not...

What is you said doesn't make any sense since Fire Force and Dr. Stone both are gonna have a second season and both had bad sales, pretty much like Vinland Saga. Fire Force's sales are even worse, but the anime is still gonna get a second season. That's because the sales aren't the only determinant factor anymore, the success of the shows on the plateformes where they are published is also a major factor that determines the success of the shows now. Vinland Saga was published on Amazon Prime.
Jan 24, 2020 5:36 AM
Aug 2016
Daeny-Nini said:
LegendaryRQA said:

What is you said doesn't make any sense since Fire Force and Dr. Stone both are gonna have a second season and both had bad sales, pretty much like Vinland Saga. Fire Force's sales are even worse, but the anime is still gonna get a second season. That's because the sales aren't the only determinant factor anymore, the success of the shows on the plateformes where they are published is also a major factor that determines the success of the shows now. Vinland Saga was published on Amazon Prime.
Fire Force's second season was planned from the start, and it doesn't look like it succeeded in boosting manga sales, and I doubt streaming numbers were that high to the extent of making up for the abysmal disk sales it had, which is a shame since had it succeeded, it would've made a good case to convince producers that high production values boost sales.
You're right about VS and Dr. Stone though.
Jan 24, 2020 6:45 AM

Jun 2019
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Mark_Dingemanse said:

That's not what I meant. I have no problem with people being upset over the score trolling/botting that's been going on. I also think it's bs and the people doing it are sad and pathetic. What I meant with my reply is that some people are blowing this out of proportion. We don't even know how many people are botting, it could only be a few. The vast majority of VS fans don't do shit like this, nor would they care that another show was rated higher. Yet some people here are acting like the entire fanbase is like that, while going on a "fuck VS" crusade. I mean, the dude I replied to said before that he literally gave the show a 1 out of spite. And now he's posting sales data as a "haha gotcha" moment...

You guys have every right to be pissed about what's happening, but some of you are acting just as childish as the ones trolling the mean score. That's what I'm taking issue with.

Finally, some rational thinking. And you are right, this is just from a few people (most likely one) who posted childish comments on profiles to say "I win" with troll images. This serves no purpose to get salty about a big community, but just shows that most fanbases are toxic (damn, I said two infamous words).

Otherwise, I never really understood why BD sales mattered so much. I guess that shows like BmHA will get new seasons whatever happens (before the manga finishes say). To come back to the general thread, no announcement was made so far; I guess that absence of communication is a form of communication too...
Jan 24, 2020 9:30 AM

May 2009
Gorochu said:
Karma is a bitch.

Stop being dumb like saleshitters. Disc sales have zero relevance in streaming era. Fucking Handshakers got a sequel despite less than 1k disc sales.
Jan 24, 2020 1:01 PM

Mar 2017
I'm going to bide my time and hope the dev team is still working on a solution that we will be seeing before long. I'm also hoping that solution includes weeding out all past existing accounts. It will be interesting to see what the ratings look like after that's been done.

Whatever measures are put in place, you can be sure some will complain about it. Among the loudest complainers are the rating trolls themselves. They won't admit to being such and are likely to present other plausible-sounding arguments for their case, and as such may be difficult to tell apart from those making legitimate complaints, but you can be sure they won't be happy about MAL ruining their ability to game the system. Expect them to look for ways to continue doing so. Measures and countermeasures.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Jan 24, 2020 2:13 PM

Oct 2013
Once in a while I have that sad feeling and thoughts about how high Chihayafuru 3's score would have been like if it had not been downvoted by those griefers... :( So much great stuff in its 3rd season have already happened since the first episode of it, and we still have almost half of this season's episodes ahead.
Jan 24, 2020 6:57 PM

May 2018
bastek66 said:
Gorochu said:
Karma is a bitch.

Stop being dumb like saleshitters. Disc sales have zero relevance in streaming era. Fucking Handshakers got a sequel despite less than 1k disc sales.

Where did I said anything about sequel idiot. Some anime were originally plan to have sequel. Streaming success all about platforming.
Papa_ScorchJan 24, 2020 9:24 PM
Jan 25, 2020 12:14 PM

May 2009
Since almost all bots removed visibility of their ratings - mods should change code that rating should only include public scores/lists. That would chasten these shitheads.
Jan 25, 2020 1:05 PM

May 2019
bastek66 said:
Since almost all bots removed visibility of their ratings - mods should change code that rating should only include public scores/lists. That would chasten these shitheads.
Kineta posed a few minutes ago that the solution for the troll scores will be implemented in the 3rd week of February, i honestly can't wait to see how the top 50 will look like once its done.
Jan 25, 2020 2:00 PM
May 2019
Current release date estimate for our first phase of the rating troll score plan is 3rd week of February. At this time, all scores on the website will be re-calculated to discount the contribution of troll scores, along with implementing some measures to reduce future vote manipulation. These measures will not be noticeable nor interfere with regular users, and will be further strengthened with time.

I'm sorry that we couldn't have this released during January. Please be patient for just a few more weeks. We're almost there.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=245618&show=4750#msg59023220

The solution is almost there few more weeks and the trolling problem is hopefully going to be resolved for good.
Jan 25, 2020 2:11 PM

Oct 2014

That's good to hear. I almost want to take a screenshot of the top 100 or so to see how they change. My bet is there will be not meaningful difference, Chihayafuru not withstanding, of course.
Jan 25, 2020 2:24 PM

Aug 2016
LegendaryRQA said:

That's good to hear. I almost want to take a screenshot of the top 100 or so to see how they change. My bet is there will be not meaningful difference, Chihayafuru not withstanding, of course.

I hope that chihayafury will get the respect it deserves. Iam also expecting the score of vinland sage to drop a bit since the trolraters also give that shounen anime a 10/10 for some reason.
Jan 25, 2020 5:27 PM

Sep 2011
Kobayasan said:
Kineta posed a few minutes ago that the solution for the troll scores will be implemented in the 3rd week of February, i honestly can't wait to see how the top 50 will look like once its done.

Don't want to be mean but did she mention a year?

Also, assuming the best possible scenario (getting rid of all the bots) it will not bring back what already has been lost. What I am referring to is all the chances to get some recognition and appreciation (possible new viewers and fans) while it has been a hot topic as well as the impact on people who are rating a show influenced by a general score and rarely change their initial rating and believe me there are a lot of them. Not to mention all the missed award chances and general impression.
It's like giving someone Olympic Games medal or a championship title a year later after the initial winner has been caught on doping tests.
Jan 25, 2020 6:21 PM

May 2018
Kobayasan said:
bastek66 said:

Oh yes,finally. Can't wait.
Jan 25, 2020 6:48 PM
Jan 2020
"These measures will not be noticeable nor interfere with regular users, and will be further strengthened with time"

what does this mean ? only mods can see the score changing or is it beta testing thingy ?

i hope they display the actual score immediately,especially those top 100 rank anime....
Jan 25, 2020 7:11 PM

May 2015
It's good to see that a fix is in the works, and that it's not too far off. Hopefully it will at least somewhat mitigate the trolling problem, and the "fuck VS" peeps will finally calm down for once.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (24) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

19 by NiQ1 »»
Mar 21, 2:01 AM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Jan 14, 2020

126 by realfifi »»
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2019

105 by Katsu-kun »»
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.